• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol cant even access the game! it says to raise a ticket to remove the authenticator, but in order to check on my request, it's asking me to enter my authenticator code. fucking BRILLIANT.

SLIOzCr.jpg

Did a slight tweak to a mage tempo deck I saw online- replaced Rag and Sylvanas with a flamestrike and duplicate (since I have neither card).

It's been surprisingly effective in the handful of matches I've played. Clears the board off pretty well and for whatever reason duplicate has worked surprisingly well (got two copies of Dr. Boom bombs in one match and two copies of Azure Drake in another- it's just an unexpected card I guess). After that you just finish off with a bunch of midrange creatures.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Well except Sky Golem vs Cairne...

Well let's be real for a second here. Piloted Shredder and Piloted Sky Golem are probably the strongest 4 and 6 mana neutral non-legendaries in the game. They're probably a tad OP themselves. And most people can only fit a single Sky Golem in their decks so it's practically legendary from a usability standpoint.

Dahbomb

Well let's be real for a second here. Piloted Shredder and Piloted Sky Golem are probably the strongest 4 and 6 mana neutral non-legendaries in the game. They're probably a tad OP themselves. And most people can only fit a single Sky Golem in their decks so it's practically legendary from a usability standpoint.
First point I agree with and that was the point I was making. There are still non Legendary cards in the game that compete or even surpass Legendary cards of the same cost in the game. So while it's usually the case the Legendaries are stronger than non Legendary cards of the same cost... that's not always the case as with the example given. General rule of thumb is that Legendaries should be stronger than equivalent cards (although not absurdly more powerful like Dr Balanced vs War Golem... that is just a god damn joke).

On the 2nd point of Sky Golem basically being a Legendary because you can only have one of them in your deck... eh you might as well say that for every 6+ cost minion in the game then. But that wasn't the point... the OPTION to have two Sky Golems in your deck is there and I have certainly seen people use two in a deck. Imagine if you can have two Dr Balanced in your decks... oh boy.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
That egg does not look like a good card unless it synergies with another BRM card really well. Isn't even classified as a dragon.

Now when are we getting a mechanical egg that summons a 1/1 at the start of your turn?

clav

Mech Warper should decrease in health by 1 for every mech minion put out.

That would make so much sense.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
The new cards look kinda shitty. Dragonkin sorc is mostly going to be a vanilla 3/5 dragon and in the rare case that you buff it and get a +1/+1 bonus isn't nearly enough to justify it. And it doesn't even fit the role of a 4 drop dragon because of hungry dragon.

Dragon egg isn't good unless you buff it or can double ping it. I think the one deck where it *might* make sense is in an enrage/aggro warrior with taskmasters and berserkers. In which case the egg would take the place of leper gnome or like worgen infiltrator.

embalm

Dragonkin Sorcerer + Power Word Shield... Give me that 4/8 minion and card draw combo on turn 5 please.
As a 4 mana 3/5 it almost passes the Vanilla stats test, but how many buff cards would you need to run for it to earn a spot in any deck?
The +1/+1 allows it to dodge some kill spells like: Swipe + hero power, or Swipe + spell power, Eviscerate spell power, and it might sneak out of 3 damage spell range depending on what minions are on board.

Dragon egg looks like trash, but I'm sure someone will destroy me with their Egg deck eventually.
Edit: Dragon egg will see play when it's summoned by Hungry Dragon. yes!

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
lol cant even access the game! it says to raise a ticket to remove the authenticator, but in order to check on my request, it's asking me to enter my authenticator code. fucking BRILLIANT.
Wait, What? Let me see if I understand -- you just installed the game but forgot you had a Battle.net account already? No big deal, just run through the tutorial and then log out (via the cog in the lower right - hand corner), and then log in with your battle.net credentials. Worst case scenario you have to endure the tutorial twice.

ZealousD

Dragonkin Sorcerer - Kinda reminds me of Burly Rockjaw Trogg. Seems like it would only work in some kind of buff heavy deck. Which is not really a thing? I dunno, maybe a priest that runs Velen's Chosen and PW:S? It doesn't really fit with any established game plans, so I don't see it getting much use in Constructed. The text isn't even that strong. Okay pick in arena because of the stats.

Dragon Egg - Seems like they're really pushing for an aggro warrior deck now. You need this to take 2 hits in order for it to be nuts, and I think only warrior can really guarantee that consistently. An excellent target for Cruel Taskmaster or Inner Rage, you can use the initial body of the egg to deal the damage and then you get 2 whelps out of it. Grim Patron and Axe Flinger are the other two cards out of Blackrock that are pushing aggro warrior, so maybe it'll actually be a thing. Combine these cards with unused cards like Commanding Shout, Frothing Berserker, and Bouncing Blade, and we might actually have a deck, ladies and gentlemen.

Dragonkin Sorcerer + Power Word Shield... Give me that 4/8 minion and card draw combo on turn 5 please.
As a 4 mana 3/5 it almost passes the Vanilla stats test, but how many buff cards would you need to run for it to earn a spot in any deck?
The +1/+1 allows it to dodge some kill spells like: Swipe + hero power, or Swipe + spell power, Eviscerate spell power, and it might sneak out of 3 damage spell range depending on what minions are on board.

Dragon egg looks like trash, but I'm sure someone will destroy me with their Egg deck eventually.

Spare parts decks can accumulate buff cards basically for free. Probably not worth building a deck around, but he might be usable in mech decks.

slayn

Even in priest with power word shield, unless you are also getting dragon synergy I feel like you'd be better off with a yeti. Yeti is +1 stat if you don't buff it. Sorc is +1 stat if you do. And unless you run a lot of buffs, the 'not buffing' situation is going to happen a lot more often making the yeti better on average.

And yeti isn't good enough to play right now in constructed. The only way this sees play is if priest gets really good dragon synergy. We haven't seen any priest cards revealed yet right? So that could certainly tip the scales in the sorc's favor but right now I am unconvinced.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Mech Warper should decrease in health by 1 for every mech minion put out.

That would make so much sense.

What are you talking about willis? Mech Warper is perfectly balanced!

2fq5t7n.jpg

See balanced just like Dr. Boom. Not pictured the instant concede after i ended my turn.

Rapstah

Druid of the Fang also has a "you" in its card text, but it's in a Battlecry so it's not really possible to read it as anything else than "the owner". Divine Favour has a "you", but it can also only be read one way.

Fel Reaver has a "you" that I now see could actually be read as the effect being for both players:

I think Dragonkin Sorcerer is the least clear one so far by a lot if it releases with the card text it has in the image, though.

Wait, What? Let me see if I understand -- you just installed the game but forgot you had a Battle.net account already? No big deal, just run through the tutorial and then log out (via the cog in the lower right - hand corner), and then log in with your battle.net credentials. Worst case scenario you have to endure the tutorial twice.
I logged in. Requires an authenticator that I haven't used in 4 years 2 phones ago. Blizzard now needs a copy of my passport.

embalm

Even in priest with power word shield, unless you are also getting dragon synergy I feel like you'd be better off with a yeti. Yeti is +1 stat if you don't buff it. Sorc is +1 stat if you do. And unless you run a lot of buffs, the 'not buffing' situation is going to happen a lot more often making the yeti better on average.

And yeti isn't good enough to play right now in constructed. The only way this sees play is if priest gets really good dragon synergy. We haven't seen any priest cards revealed yet right? So that could certainly tip the scales in the sorc's favor but right now I am unconvinced.
I agree with everything here. I do think that whether it's now or later the Dragon Sorc will see play just because the potential is crazy high. It's very comparable to Violet Teacher, but it's made for Dragon and Single target buff decks.
It might not fit a deck right now, but it's ripe for finding a home in something in the future.

N8Mi5dt.jpg

Spare parts connoisseur .

I can see this being used in a number of classes. Maybe it'll make a different style paladin viable due cheap buff spells. Like drop blessing of wisdom on it or might or even divine shield (remember this is a spell - hand of protection). Suddenly all your buff spells act like they have SSC battlecries.

So paladins have 5 spells, not counting blessed champion, that might target this dragon. Hand of protection, wisdom, might, kings, and holy light. I guess lay on hands as well.

I'm not saying it is good enough or anything, or even if he is good enough that you'd run all these cards. Just talking about potential.

The egg looks pretty good for shaman. That thing could become staple in that class.

Type2

So I'm leveling my last class to 10 and got the 300 gold pop for playing 300 games. That's kind of disgusting to me since I only started playing as this ot went up.
Hearthcrack what will I do when you are on mobile!

Not every spare part is a buff. Most aren't.

Actually, most of them are. Time Rewinder and Emergency Coolant are the only two that wouldn't work. Reversing Switch isn't strictly an upgrade, but it would make it a 6/4, so it's better for attacking. Stealth, attack, defense, and taunt are all upgrades that also grant an additional +1/+1 because of the card text. That's basically 4.5/7 spare parts are buffs. If you're running a spare parts heavy deck, you're very likely to wind up with some parts to use on it.

embalm

Time Rewinder and Emergency Coolant are the only two that wouldn't work. Reversing Switch isn't strictly an upgrade, but it would make it a 6/4, so it's better for attacking. Stealth, attack, defense, and taunt are all upgrades that also grant an additional +1/+1 because of the card text. If you're running a spare parts heavy deck, you're very likely to wind up with some parts to use on it.
Depending on situation even Coolant is a buff. Taunt + Coolant on the DS could stop your opponent cold.(pun intended)

Depending on situation even Coolant is a buff. Taunt + Coolant on the DS could stop your opponent cold.(pun intended)

You would probably save more hp by coolant on their minion.

But the attack, hp, taunt, reversing switch, and cloakfield give you a 5/7 chance to get a spare part potentially worth using on the dragonkin sorcerer.

Dahbomb

New Cards

N8Mi5dt.jpg

hFardr7.jpg
Awww shiiieet...

Dragonskin Sorcerer is basically a better Trogg (3/5 Trogg that is). Would be pretty neat in those Mech/Gazlowe decks that have a bunch of Spare parts lying around. This could get pretty big really fast. Solid card for Arena as well.

Dragon Egg is not that great IMO. It's too much effort to get two 2/1s out. That's basically two 1 drop minions that you need to activate before hand. There might be some utility where you can buff it then Cruel Taskmaster it to make it a usable creature by itself and get two 2/1s out... but that's just too much effort.

embalm

You would probably save more hp by coolant on their minion.

But the attack, hp, taunt, reversing switch, and cloakfield give you a 5/7 chance to get a spare part potentially worth using on the dragonkin sorcerer.
It is situation so chill out about the coolant. ;)

I wonder if 4 mana is about the low they want to go for most dragon cards. I feel like we won't see another Faerie Dragon type dragon in the expansion.

Cat Party

The whelps will surely be dragons so I'm sure there's going to be a card to play off that synergy. Otherwise, it's a useless card.

slayn

It is situation so chill out about the coolant. ;)

I wonder if 4 mana is about the low they want to go for most dragon cards. I feel like we won't see another Faerie Dragon type dragon in the expansion.
Yeah I think the dragon family with the 'hold a dragon' mechanic is a creature tribe intended more for control than aggro. So I wouldn't be surprised at all if we've seen the lowest costed dragons.

G.ZZZ

Both cards basically beg to be used with berserker's rage and cruel taskmaster. Egg is basically a double 2/1 for 1 if you do (but need two cards) with deathrattle for another 2/1. Not too shabby.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I feel they also would go well with Warsong (Assuming its fixed with Blackrock). A lot of cards make me think Blizard is trying to push Aggro warrior.

Dreavus

Dragon egg needs to be a 0/4 or something like that. Other than pinging it yourself it'd be tough to get 2 guys out of it, and the minions you get aren't anything special.

slayn

Also worth considering that dragon egg is now a new 1 drop that can be randomly summoned by hungry dragon. Which will suck for your opponent if they have no activators.

ZealousD

Like I said. Dragon Egg is an aggro warrior card. If you do something like bouncing blade with commanding shout you can maybe even get 3 whelps out of it.

slayn

Like I said. Dragon Egg is an aggro warrior card. If you do something like bouncing blade with commanding shout you can maybe even get 3 whelps out of it.
Once the egg is at 1hp with commanding shout active, bouncing blade can't hit the egg again. I don't think there is any way to get more than 2 whelps without buffing the health of the egg.

gutshot

Dragon Egg is trash.

Sorc seems good but like Vivi said, not many decks are running buffs these days and is this card good enough to single-handedly drag those types of decks back into the meta? I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom