• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Down the track I'd love to see quests ranked only and have casual show a queue of players and the hero they have chosen.

That way you could try things out, avoid whatever deck 99% of people are playing (at least in theory) and not worry about people like me playing face hunter just to get 5 wins in 5 minutes.

Card needs a disclaimer.

Oh well.

Fireballs and freezing spells don't activate it.

Nor does the hunter hero power, which is often a bit of a problem.

clav

Down the track I'd love to see quests only and have casual show a queue of players and the hero they have chosen.

That way you could try things out, avoid whatever deck 99% of people are playing (at least in theory) and not worry about people like me playing face hunter just to get 5 wins in 5 minutes.

Nor does the hunter hero power, which is often a bit of a problem.

Maybe that's why Mages keep yapping about Face Hunter.

It should.

johnsmith

remember me
Ice barrier says "when you're attacked". It's pretty clear it wouldn't trigger off spells. If it said "when you take damage" then you would have a point.

clav

Warlock Arena Deck

No legendaries offered.

Only Common and Rare cards.

7wOjhes.png

ZZMitch

So this happened during my last game of the night. Jaraxxus vs. Jaraxxus action baby. Ended up winning this game with an Anima Golem of all things lol.

Hearthstone%20Screenshot%2004-17-15%2023.58.54_zps4lehqw0o.png

Thoughtstole Lord Jaraxxus, had it in my hand when I Shadow Madness'd my opponents Void Caller.

Gotchaye

I tried out that overlay and it's fantastic. Never have to wonder if they've still got the coin. Can tell at a glance if they've been sitting on a particular card since the beginning of the game. The deck list sitting right next to the board is super-convenient for Arena where you don't actually know your deck that well. Plus automatic stat tracking.

Basically if playing anything but Face Hunter was too much work, this is for you.

Maximo

I tried out that overlay and it's fantastic. Never have to wonder if they've still got the coin. Can tell at a glance if they've been sitting on a particular card since the beginning of the game. The deck list sitting right next to the board is super-convenient for Arena where you don't actually know your deck that well. Plus automatic stat tracking.

Basically if playing anything but Face Hunter was too much work, this is for you.

Which overlay?

rickyson1

that was glorious

play a sea giant in arena and the next turn kill a stormwind champion with it then recombobulate it into a deathwing and give the deathwing a divine shield with argent protector

they just concede on the spot from near full health

Grief.exe

The official tier list is:

S Rank
Mage
A
Mage
A+
Wish I had Mage
B
Fuck, why can I never get Mage?
C
Ok fuck it, Paladin I suppose.
F
Whatever, I'll just be fighting Mages anyway.

S tier - Mage
A tier - Paladin, Priest
B tier - Rogue, Shaman, Druid, Hunter
C tier - Warlock
D tier - Warrior

I beat a mage in arena!

There should be an achievement for a pack or gold.

Lol

5-0 first arena game as mage.

Solid control
2x flamecannon
2x polymorph
1x cone of cold
1x flamestrike
2x water elemental

they need gold cards in arena damnit

If you own the gold version, it should allow you to use it in arena.

Zemm

Is there a mod that tells you how many cards you have in your hand in plain text? Playing a mill rogue can be quite tedious when you have to count your cards manually over and over.

zoukka

Oh my god. I just beat a druid that played a turn 3 Thaurissan into turn 4 Boom. My dragon paladin might be legit.

EDIT: woops sorry for the double post

zoukka

Of course. The plan for all decks is the same: win. How? Synergy and value. Blackwing Technician has synergy with dragon decks, and the value it provides is its stats that will often trade two for one. It's about gaining advantage on the board. It doesn't need to have additional synergy with a single class legendary to make the cut.

Every card needs to have maximum synergy with other cards in the deck. BT's only asset are its stats. If that's enough for your deck then fine, they are not for any of mine at the moment and muster eclipses BT in many ways.

Yes, Muster for Battle has great synergy with Knife Juggler and Equality. That doesn't take away from the value that Blackwing Technician offers. What's more is you're comparing a neutral card to a class card, which of course is going to provide more umph in nearly every scenario. Even further, we're talking about dragon decks. Muster for Battle and Knife Juggler in combination simply have no room in dragon decks. Other synergies? Sure. Doesn't detract from BT.

Why wouldn't these cards have room in a dragon deck? Because it doesn't say "dragon" in their rulings?

It's a bit laughable that your conclusion to others speaking highly of Blackwing Technician is that they're neglecting any sort of gameplan and are ignoring proper thought. The plan is to win, like all decks. How do you win? Value. Does Blackwing Technician provide value? Yes.

Value is relative. Decks aren't filled with maximum stat cards for a reason. Your deck needs to have a varied arsenal of tempo, value and counters to the current meta. Maybe the decks you play against are weak to BT, I haven't noticed anything like that, on the contrary the card seems pretty dead against face hunter for example, I would always play muster or follow-da-rules over it.

You're comparing a 3 drop's stats to a bunch of 4 drops. Of course Shredder is preferable to other four drops. The fact of the matter is that there's not a 3-drop equivalent of Shredder. With all these cards, Blackwing Technician stands on top as far as three drops go--neutral, non-legendary minion.

Yes but our context here isn't card vacuum, it's a paladin deck with dragons in it.

zoukka

Warlock was already high tier post-GvG and now has Imp GG Boss, also there's no way Priest is on par with Paladin tbqh

Even with Imp Boss, Zoo seems weak for some reason. Maybe it's just that modern facehunters and mech mage eclipse it while control decks have better learned to survive rush strategies in this aggro meta.

ViviOggi

Even with Imp Boss, Zoo seems weak for some reason. Maybe it's just that modern facehunters and mech mage eclipse it while control decks have better learned to survive rush strategies in this aggro meta.
Oh I was talking about arena. Not sure where I'd place Zoo in constructed right now, it has made a comeback recently but it's definitely not the pinnacle of consistency that it used to be.

CoolOff

The official tier list is:

S Rank
Mage
A
Mage
A+
Wish I had Mage
B
Fuck, why can I never get Mage?
C
Ok fuck it, Paladin I suppose.
F
Whatever, I'll just be fighting Mages anyway.

S tier - Mage
A tier - Paladin, Priest
B tier - Rogue, Shaman, Druid, Hunter
C tier - Warlock
D tier - Warrior

Mage isn't that superior to Paladin anymore.

And please leave Warrior out of any arena ranking, it doesn't belong on the scale.

Mage = Paladin >> Priest >> Druid = Hunter > Shaman = Rogue = Warlock.

Fireguard Destroyer might boost Shaman an insane amount.

zoukka

Oh I was talking about arena. Not sure where I'd place Zoo in constructed right now, it has made a comeback recently but it's definitely not the pinnacle of consistency that it used to be.

Ah arena. Well Warlock is so inconsistent in arena that I never pick it just like I never pick warrior. Too many dead picks.

iirate

Warlock is actually my favorite and statistically strongest class in arena right now.

It's also the second strongest class against me statistically(one of two classes I have a <50% win rate against). Warlock is fine - the class just doesn't draft/play at all like most other classes.

rickyson1

I hate playing against rogues so much feels like they always beat me

my stats back me up on this too,pretty small sample size against them but my record against all other classes ranges from 56-71% but i'm 6-12 against rogues(33%)

I should probably try and learn to play against them better or something

iirate

I hate playing against rogues so much feels like they always beat me

my stats back me up on this too,pretty small sample size against them but my record against all other classes ranges from 56-71% but i'm 6-12 against rogues(33%)

I should probably try and learn to play against them better or something

Are you talking about arena or constructed? I only win ~46% of the time against them in arena, making it my worst matchup. I'm also pretty terrible at playing rogue in arena - it's my second worst class(only ahead of shaman).

It was my second or third best arena class during classic, and I play a fair bit of rogue in constructed, so I'm not sure where I'm going wrong.

rickyson1

Are you talking about arena or constructed? I only win ~46% of the time against them in arena, making it my worst matchup. I'm also pretty terrible at playing rogue in arena - it's my second worst class(only ahead of shaman).

It was my second or third best arena class during classic, and I play a fair bit of rogue in constructed, so I'm not sure where I'm going wrong.

arena

feels like they just kinda chip away at my health a bit at a time and usually end up getting me to 0 before I can win

rickyson1

ugh was just facing a priest and they curved out pretty badly so I had like 3 things on the board and they had nothing

then on turn 4 they play a mindgames and it pulls Jaraxxus,just couldn't come back from that especially when they used velens on it the next turn

only thing in my entire deck that was more than a 5 drop

was the only time that Jaraxxus got played the entire arena run too and it wasn't even by me

Zemm

This game is fucking dumb. Watching my gf play who's new to the game and only rank 21/22 and she's coming up against full legendary control warriors, handlocks etc.

Dragner

This game is fucking dumb. Watching my gf play who's new to the game and only rank 21/22 and she's coming up against full legendary control warriors, handlocks etc.

Well she might be playing against some arena players that are trying constructed a bit. They cant lose stars so no way they are hunting golden portraits. Your gf was unlucky.

JustinBB7

Need some advice. I'm mostly a F2P player, (I bought 8 packs once) I saved up all my gold for Naxxramas, played some Arena/Bought classic packs after that with gold, and now saved up all my gold for Blackrock Mountain. (Will run out for the last week but ill just farm that up and play it a bit later)

I'm doing the Naxxramas heroics now, stuck at Thaddius atm. The main problem is I'm missing crucial cards. I only have the adventure legendaries + Grommash Hellscream and Edwin VanCleef. The solution for most heroic bosses are freeze mage, but I only have 1 ice block and no ice barriers, or hell even the most important card for that Alex.

So my questions is, what should I do with my dust, I have 380 dust atm. Should I save it all up and craft neutral legendary cards and wait for that? Or just craft some minor cheap cards for now. I feel like I should wait but I'm not sure.

Right now I see no way for me to beat heroic Thaddius, but I really enjoy doing these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom