• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iryx

Need some advice. I'm mostly a F2P player, (I bought 8 packs once) I saved up all my gold for Naxxramas, played some Arena/Bought classic packs after that with gold, and now saved up all my gold for Blackrock Mountain. (Will run out for the last week but ill just farm that up and play it a bit later)

I'm doing the Naxxramas heroics now, stuck at Thaddius atm. The main problem is I'm missing crucial cards. I only have the adventure legendaries + Grommash Hellscream and Edwin VanCleef. The solution for most heroic bosses are freeze mage, but I only have 1 ice block and no ice barriers, or hell even the most important card for that Alex.

So my questions is, what should I do with my dust, I have 380 dust atm. Should I save it all up and craft neutral legendary cards and wait for that? Or just craft some minor cheap cards for now. I feel like I should wait but I'm not sure.

Right now I see no way for me to beat heroic Thaddius, but I really enjoy doing these.

Corruption + Soulfire start is what I used for Heroic Thaddius, once you deal with Fuegen/Stalagg the rest is easy. Also run your own Feugen/Stalagg since killing his will satsify the condition for summoning Thaddius for you.

As for dust, I think the best is to spend it on some form of staple cards, like Dr. Boom since he's in almost all decks, or getting good rare/epics you're missing for a specific class if you want to be more focused.

zoukka

My win % is about 80 right now with the dragon paladin. The phone version will consume my life. Might be my game of the year again.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
My win % is about 80 right now with the dragon paladin. The phone version will consume my life. Might be my game of the year again.

Link?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I posted it a few pages back. Would be cool if more people played it and improved upon it. I pulled the list from my ass so it's 100% netdeck free :)

Will do!

zoukka

Thaurissan is amazing and broken.

Consort can be just as good in many situations. Turn 6-7 Yseras are a thing now in Paladin and rarely the opponent can deal with it efficiently. Blizz needs to be very careful in what kind of Dragon cards they print now that Consort exists.

Two combos I thought up of recently that I have to try.

Shaman: With Dragonkin Sorcerer, you can deal 20 damage on turn five with Flametongue, Windfury, and Rockbiter. Of course there are easier ways to get burst damage sooner/less cards, but it's way less telling and way less of a gamble than say Zap-O-Matic or say Dunemaul Shaman. It does leave you with a 5/7 with Windfury though and leaves your opponent near 10 health.

Priest: More unreliable, but with Vol'Jin, Mad Alchemist, and Cabal Shadow Priest, you can steal anything on the board. Just need to have EMP T reduce them all by one. Strong turn too since that gives you a 6/X, a 4/5, and whatever you steal. Perfect for a minion like Rag or Yesera who you want more for the effect than damage.

Iryx

12-2, Pit Lord crushing it in Arena, and I got a Golden Hemet from one of the packs.

2utGXV2.jpg

LwM0e7d.jpg

It goes in and out with the meta. In the current aggressive meta it's out, but I would keep it if you like Warrior.

I'm going to keep it. Might throw it in my mediocre warrior deck. Seems like an ok card.

I actually enjoy playing warrior but I don't have the dust nor the cards to be competitive with the class.

zoukka

I'm going to keep it. Might throw it in my mediocre warrior deck. Seems like an ok card.

I actually enjoy playing warrior but I don't have the dust nor the cards to be competitive with the class.

The card is amazing in slower matchups and there aren't many other cards offering as much value as Gorehowl if you just don't run our of life. It used to be my favourite tool against Druids way back before GvG.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Yeah Gorehowl is needed against those midrange and control decks that put out more threats than the standard removals and weapons can ordinarily deal with. It plugs a weakness in Control Warrior. However it isn't very good against aggressive decks. It's a good swap for Geddon depending on the meta, I think.

Milennia

Hm so I can craft baron geddon or I can craft malganis and the necessary rares needed to make a demon lock/demon zoo deck, already have jaraxxus and all the other control warrior cards ( basically sjows current list which doesn't run geddon)

If I craft baron I'm basically giving up on demonlock and would be 600 dust off of making freeze mage as well after the baron craft where as that dust would be going towards the warlock rares I need if I crafted malganis

Levi

Banned
Hm so I can craft baron geddon or I can craft malganis and the necessary rares needed to make a demon lock/demon zoo deck, already have jaraxxus and all the other control warrior cards ( basically sjows current list which doesn't run geddon)

Well, you can play Control Warrior successfully without Baron Geddon, although he really helps against some match ups. You absolutely need both Malganis and Jaraxxus for demon warlock. Really, what do you think would be more fun to play with the playstyle you prefer?

I haven't gotten to mess around with rend yet, but apparently Kibler is loving it. Apparently he even used it a couple times to kill his own tirion getting him an additional 5 damage for lethal lol.

So many haters on that card. Has anyone else seen this card used much yet?

Rapstah

I haven't gotten to mess around with rend yet, but apparently Kibler is loving it. Apparently he even used it a couple times to kill his own tirion getting him an additional 5 damage for lethal lol.

I've never seen it used. It does kind of make sense that an effect unlike any other effect in the game would be way better or way worse than people would think, though. It's cool if it's good.

zoukka

Card is not as bad as I assumed. It's just hard to find a spot for it imo.

I threw together a fast druid deck today to finish up some quests. So far enjoying it a lot.

fast_druid.png

Trying without force of nature. Going for a lower curve overall. FON can fit in there somewhere though for sure since the concept is based loosely on fast token druid from the old days.

I threw together a fast druid deck today to finish up some quests. So far enjoying it a lot.

*snip*

Trying without force of nature. Going for a lower curve overall. FON can fit in there somewhere though for sure since the concept is based loosely on fast token druid from the old days.

Looks like it could work. Druid is surprisingly good at more of a midrange tempo.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Faced a feign death hunter at rank 12. He stole 2 minions using sylvanas and baron rivendare. One happened to be my deathlord. I killed it and it summoned two minions onto my board. One was ysera and the other was the emperor. He conceded.

Well played.

fast_druid.png

5-2 so far. Only ran it in casual since I was just finishing up quests to get that gold fast. Seems like I should cut shade for 1 bgh though. Not sure if that is exactly worth it. Seems like I should.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Looks a lot like a deck I threw together my self a few days ago, I just felt that there wasn't enough ways to deal with taunt walls. Gnomish Inventor is the only card the really caught me off guard, but I think he is right that Axe flinger isn't really worth playing.

Dread Corsair is an amazing idea that I over looked though. I was trying stuff like Injured blade master + rampage.

enhance-o mechano is a really fun card. Running it with lock w/ poweroverwhelming and abusive sergeant. You can get some sick whirlwinds when it works out. My entire lock deck is full RNG fun.

I'd cut shade for BGH yeah

Honestly, so far it hasn't been a good change. I think this deck is more like rogue where it tries to pressure your opponent into a spot where dr. boom can't help much. That match I told you about where my opponent got millhouse, maybe I could have still won that if my BGH was a shade.

Can't go by single instances of course. This type of deck didn't run BGH in the past, but maybe dr. boom makes it worth it. Maybe not. In hindsight I should have played the BGH against that paladin, although I didn't feel like it was necessary since I thought I was slightly ahead (millhouse manastorm!)

Ashodin

Working on a much more aggressive, value oriented Mech Paladin deck. The goal is to put out minions that if you trade, it hurts.

Magnus

3-0 so far in Arena with what I thought was a pretty garbage Mage deck.

I've...never gone 3-0 before, lol. Even my sad high record of 6 wins (as a hunter, like, a year ago) was peppered with losses along the way.

3-0 so far in Arena with what I thought was a pretty garbage Mage deck.

I've...never gone 3-0 before, lol. Even my sad high record of 6 wins (as a hunter, like, a year ago) was peppered with losses along the way.

Sometimes garbage decks hit 7 wins if you play them well against bad players. This is why arena is somewhat easier to infinite than you'd expect, because even shitty decks can hit 7 wins. After that though, the shitty deck has little to no chance of going past 8-9 wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom