• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not if he had only one card. If he had one more card then he could've top decked for a possible win if he had BGH/Silence/UTH/Skill Command in his deck.

He would've needed:

BGH to remove Malganis
Play any cheap beast
Skill Command + Hero ability for lethal

Or if he didn't have BGH another combo that could've worked (which IMO is better)

Unleashed the Hounds
Skill Command + Hero ability

2nd option could've happened in that game if he had top decked UTH or Skill command with the other being one of the cards in his hand. Hunters don't actually use BGH.

Another even rarer combo that could've happened was Arcane shot the Malganis, play cheap beast then Skill Command into Hero ability.

Unleash wouldn't work, all five dogs would have to go into voidwalker and malganis, and then you have no beasts for kill command. Really the only combo with two cards that I see is arcane shot and YOLO Ragnaros

Dahbomb

Unleash wouldn't work, all five dogs would have to go into voidwalker and malganis, and then you have no beasts for kill command. Really the only combo with two cards that I see is arcane shot and YOLO Ragnaros
You're right, it's late here and miscounted the minions LOL!

Owl + Ragnaros would work too.

clav

Paladin has to be the worst character to ladder.

Ladder with other characters = rank up

Ladder with paladin = road to level 20

clav

You maybe be onto something there, i have struggled with Paladin lately. Hunter has to be easiest class to rank up with.

I think the paladin needs muster for battle and some other epic/legendary class specific cards in order to win consistently.

I only started playing a few weeks ago, so my opinion may be narrow-scoped due to experience.

So many 1 mana cards (or Mech Warper) destroy the Paladin's summon 1/1 minion ability.

You're forced to play the first strategy or play mech.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Just do a Google Search and you'll start seeing results. The core is essentially cards like Shielded Minibot, Knife Juggler, Muster for Battle, Quartermaster, Truesilver Champion, and Piloted Shredder as mid-range threats, with stuff like Dr. Boom and Tirion on the high end. It's a solid all-around deck, and pretty easy to play imo. If you're new at the game then maybe you don't have the dust to craft the whole deck but it's a very solid deck that is easily competitive at the higher levels.

I think the paladin needs muster for battle and some other epic/legendary class specific cards in order to win consistently.

I only started playing a few weeks ago, so my opinion may be narrow-scoped due to experience.

So many 1 mana cards (or Mech Warper) destroy the Paladin's summon 1/1 minion ability.

You're forced to play the first strategy or play mech.

Shielded minibot is the king of the early game along side zombie chow.

caesar

Banned
Oil rogue is ridic, might go legend with it if I have the time. Perfect ez hearthstone after my hiatus.

Nice board you have there mech mage, zoo, hunter (insert deck here). *blade flurry* Interaction ftw .

Edit: also lol blizz at making cards that buff.. buffstone was too slow after about this time last year. You think rexxar gives a shit about buffs?

ZealousD

Did my video talking about gold, arcane dust, and real money as promised. Pretty basic tips for things like maximizing gold and crafting for the new folks out there. Not the most professionally produced video out there, but here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVBTwsZ15BI

Not if he had only one card. If he had one more card then he could've top decked for a possible win if he had BGH/Silence/UTH/Skill Command in his deck.

He would've needed:

BGH to remove Malganis
Play any cheap beast
Skill Command + Hero ability for lethal

Or if he didn't have BGH another combo that could've worked (which IMO is better)

Unleashed the Hounds
Skill Command + Hero ability

2nd option could've happened in that game if he had top decked UTH or Skill command with the other being one of the cards in his hand. Hunters don't actually use BGH.

Another even rarer combo that could've happened was Arcane shot the Malganis, play cheap beast then Skill Command into Hero ability.

UTH + Kill Command would not be able to get lethal in that scenario because of the taunt. He'd get 5 hounds, 3 would have to be used on the Voidwalker and the last two on Malganis, but then you're out of beasts so Kill Command only hits for 3 damage. Kill Command on Voidwalker then 2 hounds on Malganis leaves you with 3 hounds and hero power to get 7 damage. Kill Command on Malganis first leaves a Voidwalker with at least 1 health (would it be 3?), so you have to hit it and then you're stuck with hero power + 4 hounds. With only two cards, I'm thinking Leeroy + UTH is the only possible combo to get lethal. That's 7 hounds, 3 for the Voidwalker, 2 for Malganis, 2 to hit whatever else you feel like, then hit face with Leeroy and Steady Shot.

Edit: Beaten.

Edit 2: Now that I think about it, Leeroy + UTH only nets you 6 hounds. Still gets lethal, though.

Xanathus

Alright, I'm giving away my 10 dollar winnings from Fixed1979's Hearthstone tourney to ONE person who has posted at least once in the last Hearthstone thread. All you have to do is make an original picture of a fake Hearthstone card that could be believably coming out in the upcoming Hearthstone expansion Blackrock Mountain. Feel free to use any tool you want to make the picture, Paint even works as I consider how believable the card is to be worth 50% of the value.

Remember, only people who have posted in the previous thread are eligible for this contest. You can see if you have posted before here. I'll have Fixed1979 transfer the money to the winner's Paypal account directly because transferring it through mine will incur Paypal fees.

Entries will be accepted until:
t1426924800z4.png

Type2

Steadily improving in my arena play. I jumped in very early and only won a single game, tried again later for 2 wins and my third attempt(just now) I made it to 4 against some really strong drafts. Got a decent pack out of it too!

Kosma

Banned
Made it to Rank 9 last night with my self made druid ramp deck. In the process of tweaking a bit now since I got smoked back to 10, need something against bum rush decks like hunters and palas. Recomubulator is a great card to heal a minion back to full health after being used, but I switched it for Acidic Swamp Ooze to see how that helps me against hunters and Pala weapons.

This is what I'm running:

2x Innervate
2x Wild Growth
2x Wrath
2x Recombulator
2x Keeper of the Grove
2x Piloted Shredder
2x Swipe
1x Nourish
2x Druid of the Claw
2x Sludge Belcher
1x Loatheb
2x Argent Commander
2x Ancient of War
2x Ancient of Lore
1x Dr. Doom
1x Ragnaros
1x Sneeds old Shredder
1x Ysera

Suggestions anyone?

TimeKillr

Made it to Rank 9 last night with my self made druid ramp deck. In the process of tweaking a bit now since I got smoked back to 10, need something against bum rush decks like hunters and palas. Recomubulator is a great card to heal a minion back to full health after being used, but I switched it for Acidic Swamp Ooze to see how that helps me against hunters and Pala weapons.

2x Innervate
2x Wild Growth
2x Wrath
2x Recombulator
2x Keeper of the Grove
2x Piloted Shredder
2x Swipe
1x Nourish
2x Druid of the Claw
2x Sludge Belcher
1x Loatheb
2x Argent Commander
2x Ancient of War
2x Ancient of Lore
1x Dr. Doom
1x Ragnaros
1x Sneeds old Shredder
1x Ysera

Suggestions anyone?

Personally, I would most likely go with removing Nourish (you have Ancient of Lores for draw), both Recombobulators and both Argent Commanders for 2x Savage Roar, 2x Force of Nature and one ooze (or a Harrison if you've got him).

Nourish isn't used because it's ramp function is kinda useless and too expensive and you get card draw anyway though Lores. Recombobulators are useless in this still, and Argent Commanders aren't as good as they used to be because of Sludge Belcher.

Savage Roar + Force of Nature is an incredible combo in and out of itself, and you can do wonders with 2 copies of each. Since there's a lot of pallies and hunters in the meta, a single ooze or harrison is usually enough.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

2x Innervate
2x Wild Growth
2x Wrath
2x Recombulator
2x Keeper of the Grove
2x Piloted Shredder
2x Swipe
1x Nourish
2x Druid of the Claw
2x Sludge Belcher
1x Loatheb
2x Argent Commander
2x Ancient of War
2x Ancient of Lore
1x Dr. Doom
1x Ragnaros
1x Sneeds old Shredder
1x Ysera

Suggestions anyone?

Not that I know what I'm doing yet either, but in my mind that's just the issue with playing a ramp deck. If you try and ramp against a rush deck you might not get the chance cause the game could be over by turn 8/9.

I'd agree with the other poster that I'd probably swap out two of your 6+ minions for something of the 3 mana variety to fill the gap.

I could be talking out of my ass though.

Dragner

Naxxramas.. is.. ours!!!

They always have combo in hand when they need it. Always

I usually have it on opening hand, I have wild growth turn 2 like 20% of the time at most but force + roar on turn 2 in hand like half of the time, no matter if I toss it away on mulligan it always returns...

embalm

N8Mi5dt.jpg

I hope we get a card like this, but reads "Gain +1/+1 when targeted by your hero power or spells" in the future. That might actually put a buff priest on the map. It wouldn't be any more powerful than Floating Watch I would think.

clav

Paladin has to be the worst character to ladder.

Ladder with other characters = rank up

Ladder with paladin = road to level 20

OK nvm.

Losing with every class now.

Everyone wants to play this game again with their epic/legendary card set at rank 19/20.

I hope we get a card like this, but reads "Gain +1/+1 when targeted by your hero power or spells" in the future. That might actually put a buff priest on the map. It wouldn't be any more powerful than Floating Watch I would think.
It'd actually be a bit weaker that Watcher since Warlocks have Blood Imp, Infernal, and can technically use the bombers too. It'd be cool to have something dynamic on the board for other class hero powers though. Like have a rogue minion that's 2/2 for three but have it gain x/x for whatever your weapon's attack and durability is.

Also, fun fact I learned at GDC, an older iteration of the Priest hero power was giving minions 1/1, but it cluttered the UI too much.

Azzurri

OK nvm.

Losing with every class now.

Everyone wants to play this game again with their epic/legendary card set at rank 19/20.

I feel your pain. I do have a lot of legendarys since I've spent money, but I can't seen to find a groove.

I've only been playing for a couple weeks so I'm no pro, but it's frustrating not being able to get a decent win streak that's more than 3.

embalm

It'd actually be a bit weaker that Watcher since Warlocks have Blood Imp, Infernal, and can technically use the bombers too. It'd be cool to have something dynamic on the board for other class hero powers though. Like have a rogue minion that's 2/2 for three but have it gain x/x for whatever your weapon's attack and durability is.

Also, fun fact I learned at GDC, an older iteration of the Priest hero power was giving minions 1/1, but it cluttered the UI too much.
I like that idea and it sounds like a pirate card for sure. I was kind of disappointing that the only pirates they added in gvg didn't play more with weapons.

Foe Reaper is a beast in arena, but not in Constructed.
Reynad was running a priest mech deck with it last night, but I didn't see it actually get to attack. It's funny that even cards that dodge BGH can't compete with the Dr.

mxgt

Banned
Foe Reaper is amazing when he actually gets to attack. I ran it for about 20 matches and attacked and got value maybe once, every other time it was removed the following turn.

Dahbomb

The reason why Dr Balanced is good is because he doesn't even need to attack to get potential value. You can remove him and he can still cause some damage.

At 8 and up cards tier you need to be able to do something on the turn you are played. Foe Reaper can't do that and thus is not competitive.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
The reason why Dr Balanced is good is because he doesn't even need to attack to get potential value. You can remove him and he can still cause some damage.

At 8 and up cards tier you need to be able to do something on the turn you are played. Foe Reaper can't do that and thus is not competitive.

Usually this still applies at 6 and up.

It's very hard for me to think of 6+ cost minions that are played that don't either:

1.) Have an immediate effect.
2.) Are so incredibly amazing that playing them still makes sense, usually caused by a deathrattle (Sylvanas, Tirion, formerly Cairne).

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Guys i think i might have matched up vs Amaz, unless there was another Amaz in NA. Must be another guy because he was rank 11.

Brakara

Guys i think i might have matched up vs Amaz, unless there was another Amaz in NA. Must be another guy because he was rank 11.

Names aren't unique. That's why there's the #number behind the names when adding friends. For example, I've played Kolento in EU, but it couldn't possible have been him (he played really badly). Basically, there could be hundreds of Amaz on the NA server and one wouldn't know who the real one was.

ZealousD

Usually this still applies at 6 and up.

It's very hard for me to think of 6+ cost minions that are played that don't either:

1.) Have an immediate effect.
2.) Are so incredibly amazing that playing them still makes sense, usually caused by a deathrattle (Sylvanas, Tirion, formerly Cairne).

Sunwalker.

I think 7+ mana is a more consistent line for this.

Think I'm going to start my push for ranks starting tonight.

Mainly been goofing off all month in casual and ranked with randuin/reincarnate.

Hopefully I'll get to legend.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Names aren't unique. That's why there's the #number behind the names when adding friends. For example, I've played Kolento in EU, but it couldn't possible have been him (he played really badly). Basically, there could be hundreds of Amaz on the NA server and one wouldn't know who the real one was.

Oh shit you are right i forgot about that, thanks for reminding me.

ahh arena

when your only play on turn 5 is a frostwolf warlord onto an empty board, and then your only play on turn 6 is a frostwolf warlord onto an empty board, and then your only play on turn 7 is a frostwolf warlord onto an empty board

Dahbomb

ahh arena

when your only play on turn 5 is a frostwolf warlord onto an empty board, and then your only play on turn 6 is a frostwolf warlord onto an empty board, and then your only play on turn 7 is a frostwolf warlord onto an empty board
Yeah well that's what you get for having 3 Frostwolf Warlords in the deck.

ViviOggi

The Pinnacle qualifiers are currently running and not being casted, but many streamers are strimming their matches themselves if anyone wants to watch. Trump's up right now.

Warning: Druid mirror
sleeping.gif

ViviOggi

Trump just threw a game by picking Druid a second time

Rule 3: If you pick the wrong hero and got into the game (Such as picking the hero you won with already or not picking your 3 announced classes), you LOSE that match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom