• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sblargh

Banned
Bugged my ex-girlfriend to let me watch her win one. She agrees grudgingly. Win the game after many mistakes thanks to the best top deck ever (she had one life and drew all of her taunts for the next 3 turns in a row, enough to secure a win). I open my pack. Alexstrasza.

Some days thins just go your way.

KePoW

Banned
Bugged my ex-girlfriend to let me watch her win one. She agrees grudgingly. Win the game after many mistakes thanks to the best top deck ever (she had one life and drew all of her taunts for the next 3 turns in a row, enough to secure a win). I open my pack. Alexstrasza.

Some days thins just go your way.

man ur always super lucky dawg in life

Sblargh

Banned
In very broad terms, Alexs being a dragon, does me having her now make it worth to just buy the new adventure with real money? I assume she must have some sinergy with some good dragon deck out there.

KePoW

Banned
In very broad terms, Alexs being a dragon, does me having her now make it worth to just buy the new adventure with real money? I assume she must have some sinergy with some good dragon deck out there.

Yes just go ahead and buy the whole BRM, it's kool

johnsmith

remember me

Not really, only control warrior, freeze mage, and rarely handlock use her. None of them use any of the blackrock cards except for emperor. So buy the first wing maybe? But only for emperor, not for dragon synergy.

Maybe. I personally don't see a future with my decks using alex, although I have it and might be tempted to experiment.

When deck building you don't just put good cards in it, even good synergy cards, you need a strategy for the deck and if it doesn't fit with your strategy, a 9 mana card - even a dragon - can be a huge detriment. I've found that often alex is just an overpriced giant in the decks I have ran it in.

It works in control warrior because they often are not dealing any damage to the opponent's face and just reacting to their plays by removing minions. And I personally think its strength is quite overstated in that deck, even though it is quite important in a number of match ups.

Iryx

Another 12-2 run, the third in four days, I'm on a roll.
cQ5ICQI.jpg
It's was a pretty insane Rogue deck with tons of burst, basically all games ended on turn 8 or 9, I did draft two legendaries, Gallywix and Geddon.

I only got to play Gallywix twice, and he didn't get to do very much, but Geddon was a complete monster in this deck, crushing so many boards on turn 7.

Zemm

That final was a joke, firebats draws literally could not have been better and that's why he won. Never seen draws that insane so consistently before. Bit of a joke game.

Rapstah

That final was a joke, firebats draws literally could not have been better and that's why he won. Never seen draws that insane so consistently before. Bit of a joke game.

Kind of took the air out of Gnimsh's weird claim that you know Hearthstone isn't random because the same guy won two years in a row.

I just had a pretty crazy midrange lock vs paladin match up. I should have won by a mile but rng said doomguard is going to sac both black knight and my second doomguard.

But, his rng gave him a lorewalker cho, and I somehow maneuvered myself into a position to win even though I gave him dark bombs and implosions, but I got lay on hands, muster like twice, and stuff. He couldn't use dark bomb of course since that would have given me burn to hit his face and win.

That feeling when you put in Kezan Mystic in your deck against the Mage-Cancer and never ever draw it.
But it will always be in your hand starting hand against classes without secrets. Looking at you. Mocking you.

clav

That feeling when you put in Kezan Mystic in your deck against the Mage-Cancer and never ever draw it.
But it will always be in your hand starting hand against classes without secrets. Looking at you. Mocking you.

Some mages are putting in Kezan Mystic in their decks, too.

Is that super-mage cancer?

The RNG today just is amazing. Against a zoolock, his implosion hits for 3 + 4, mine hit for 2. Then his knife juggler won a coin flip literally 6+ times in a row.

edit:
It continues to screw me hard.

Bomb lobber 1/3 fail hard.

Doomguard sacs the other doomguard out of 6 cards.

His boom bot clears a minion, then the second one clears another minion, leaving me with two minions, which if either were hit by boom bots would have survived or spawned another minion, or not even allowing sylvanas to die and steal the other. I still somehow won this game. I had 7 minions down to nil after that turn.

Knife juggler misses 3/4 chance to hit a minion and dies next turn as a result.

Joco

Finally up to rank 12, best rank I've ever achieved. Reached it months ago with control warrior but been stuck at 13 since. Not great by any means but hoping to reach 11 today.

Levi

Banned
ANY chance Deathwing is actually useful now? I just got him in a pack and that 400 dust is mighty tempting.

This is the likely the best Deathwing deck possible, exploiting death rattles to make Deathwing as valuable as possible.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/194796-deathwinglock

It's still an awful deck designed around trying to make an awful card slightly less awful. (kind of like those gimmick mage decks trying to use Ice Block and Ice Barrier to make Majordomo a better card)

I disenchanted my first Deathwing as I think it much more likely to be a game losing card than a game winning one, at least in constructed. (I'd pick it in arena over many other legendaries though). I pulled a second one which I only kept because I'm getting close to a complete collection.

JSR_Cube

ANY chance Deathwing is actually useful now? I just got him in a pack and that 400 dust is mighty tempting.

The dust ratio is just so penalizing that I never do it for legendaries. You never know what cards are coming in future expansions and I would hate to have to craft him later. To me, he is not terrible and I think a deathrattle deck has to be viable in the future. If you are in for the long haul, I would keep him.

clav

The dust ratio is just so penalizing that I never do it for legendaries. You never know what cards are coming in future expansions and I would hate to have to craft him later. To me, he is not terrible and I think a deathrattle deck has to be viable in the future. If you are in for the long haul, I would keep him.

He's good to put in a troll deck.

YOLOWing gives no fucks.

Levi

Banned
Hey guys,

If you're going to spectate me you can't just ignore chat messages. I find it very rude, especially if I'm trying to ask if you have the spectate quest so I can pick my deck appropriately. I'm futzing around today trying to learn demonlock and midrange shaman and I don't expect to win at all, so if you want me to actually tryhard you have to let me know.

KePoW

Banned
Hey guys,

If you're going to spectate me you can't just ignore chat messages. I find it very rude, especially if I'm trying to ask if you have the spectate quest so I can pick my deck appropriately. I'm futzing around today trying to learn demonlock and midrange shaman and I don't expect to win at all, so if you want me to actually tryhard you have to let me know.

The spectated person does not actually need to win??

Levi

Banned
The spectated person does not actually need to win??

Yes they do.

Watch-and-Learn.jpg

Look at this shit. Very frustrating to realize that this is the level of play I'm up against, and I still haven't had a winning record in ranked since the day Kolento streamed that new Demon Zoo. The decks I'm good at are very weak in this meta and I'm not the type of player that can pick up a new deck and be good right away. I need lots of practice.

yatesl

I've only dabbled in this game, but decided to get back in to it when it came to iPhone. Been playing it on PC (that makes no sense, I know), and I've been having a lot of fun doing the tournament, although I've hit a rough patch - gone from rank 18 back down to 20, and can't seem to get off it.

I have to share this video that happened

If you don't want to watch it, this sums it up:

18/18 Deathlord with Taunt. I pray to the RNG gods and use deadly shot, it hits, and then I wipe out his entire 17 health in one turn.

These clutch victories are why I play games like this.

clav

Just got Emporer'ed at Turn 2 druid.

He put up taunts Taz'Dingo and Shield Belcher.

So annoying.

I think I'm going to stop playing this game for a while.

Played another game where a Paladin had a bunch of charge cards, holy wraths, and 1 drops with a divine favor. What kind of deck is that? Only went for face as everything else cleared with consecration or wrath.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Played another game where a Paladin had a bunch of charge cards, holy wraths, and 1 drops with a divine favor. What kind of deck is that? Only went for face as everything else cleared with consecration or wrath.

Aggro Paladin aka Shockadin. It's been around for awhile.

Levi

Banned
I'm 1 and 9 today, including an 0-3 arena. Probably should take a break as I am clearly tilting (I conceded turn 1 in arena out of frustration) but I'm not that smart.

ViviOggi

Also try to empty your hand once they start running low on cards so they don't get a huge Divine Favor off

Such a dull deck why does it keep coming back

Maximo

Any Tips for winning Arena? I heard people use a Arena Card Checker online or whatever it is. 6 wins is my highest and average is like 2-3 I'm definitely not a bad player get to Rank 5 when I can be fucked doing the grind. Arena just seems to obsoletely ruin me.

Am I crazy to craft Ysera just to try out Dragon Paladin?
She's a good card nothing wrong with Crafting her. Just with Control Priest she has gotten alittle scary to play, Sorta fallen out of popularity but she's still a very good card in any Control Meta.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Any Tips for winning Arena? I heard people use a Arena Card Checker online or whatever it is. 6 wins is my highest and average is like 2-3 I'm definitely not a bad player get to Rank 5 when I can be fucked doing the grind. Arena just seems to obsoletely ruin me.

-Use a tool like HearthArena to assist your draft. Don't trust it 100% but they help if you have a tough decision to make.

-Try to aim for a deck that has five-six each of on-curve 2-drops, 3-drops, and 4-drops. Having a nice set of about 4-5 large drops also helps.

-Take board clears at almost any available opportunity. You should only think about NOT picking a board clear when you have 2 already.

-Try and keep up early tempo. If you can play on curve and avoid hero powering until about turn 5 you should be in pretty good shape.

-Make favorable trades when you can in the early game. However, sometimes going to face near the end of the game is not wrong, because it is helpful to threaten lethal and can protect better against board clears.

-Using life as a resource is less good in arena than it is in constructed, because you can't build your deck around it. If a Rogue drafts too many deadly poisons or tinkers or assassin blade's or whatever they may be in trouble.

-If you are very far behind on board or cards, it's better to go YOLO for your opponent's face and hope you draw the damage you need rather than trying to clear your opponent's board. If you opponent is very far ahead you will not deplete their resources. Play to win, don't play to lose slower.

-If you draft Fel Reaver and drop it early, send it right the fuck to your opponent's face at every available opportunity. Silence taunts if you can. This card can straight up win you games and many opponents will go full derp trying to burn your cards rather than killing it.

rickyson1

having some really weird arena matches lately probably has something to do with the recent phone release

was playing against a hunter earlier today that used a kill command on my face on turn 3....

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I'm 1 and 9 today, including an 0-3 arena. Probably should take a break as I am clearly tilting (I conceded turn 1 in arena out of frustration) but I'm not that smart.

That sucks i feel for you, whenever i keep losing i just walk away. Also today i realized i suck at handlock, i lost 3 games in a row with it, i just don't know what i'm doing wrong.

Tacitus_

Also try to empty your hand once they start running low on cards so they don't get a huge Divine Favor off

Such a dull deck why does it keep coming back

I play it to do my paladin quests. Haven't bagged Quartermasters yet and don't have the dust for them.

It's funny, a couple of days ago I got my lights justice put into a museum... but I had a DF in hand and got to the same card count and won in two turns. It's a fun deck when it goes off.

Levi

Banned
That sucks i feel for you, whenever i keep losing i just walk away. Also today i realized i suck at handlock, i lost 3 games in a row with it, i just don't know what i'm doing wrong.

You should check out Karmaah on twitch for some very high level hand lock play. It's a hard deck to play, especially because vs aggro you may not be able to tap enough to reach your win condition.

dream

I bet you guys get this all the time, but if I'm a new player who only wants to buy one expansion for now, should it be Nax or Blackrock Mountain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom