• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMaRsu

I'm just being a hypocrite. Acquired the S6 this morning and already started my first arena.

Hows the game running on an s6? Whats the battery drain like?

Just played 2 hours worth of games and my s4 just died lol -_-.

I have over 100 wins in Play mode now, with 25 in ranked with my mage. Not that great, ranked 19 now.

Bought some decks for about 11 euros and didnt get one fricking legendary.

My mate who just downloaded the game played against the cpu and got a legendary in his free deck. The one that summons 4 random murlock cards in your hand -_-.

MMaRsu#2459 is my battletag, could use some gaffers to practice against :)

Copenap

Just played 2 hours worth of games and my s4 just died lol -_-.

I have over 100 wins in Play mode now, with 25 in ranked with my mage. Not that great, ranked 19 now.

Bought some decks for about 11 euros and didnt get one fricking legendary.

My mate who just downloaded the game played against the cpu and got a legendary in his free deck. The one that summons 4 random murlock cards in your hand -_-.

MMaRsu#2459 is my battletag, could use some gaffers to practice against :)
You'll have a long road ahead of you if you're not spending money but it still will be fun. Afaik legendaries are on average 1 in 40 packs (or was it 1 in 20?) so don't feel too bad about not getting onr yet.

Anyone have some insight as to what's going on in the meta around rank 5? I ran up to rank 4 easily as Midrange Hunter but hit a wall the last half week. Seems like I win most matches against non-Face Hunter, but generally lose 90% of my matches vs. Face Hunter so I'm just not progressing.

Trying Control Warrior now which seems to wreck Face Hunter most of the time. Gonna see if that can get me up a few ranks.

Brakara

You'll have a long road ahead of you if you're not spending money but it still will be fun. Afaik legendaries are on average 1 in 40 packs (or was it 1 in 20?) so don't feel too bad about not getting onr yet.

1 in 20. So as many have already said in this thread, if you're going to spend any money, buy Naxx.

ViviOggi

Anyone have some insight as to what's going on in the meta around rank 5? I ran up to rank 4 easily as Midrange Hunter but hit a wall the last half week. Seems like I win most matches against non-Face Hunter, but generally lose 90% of my matches vs. Face Hunter so I'm just not progressing.

Trying Control Warrior now which seems to wreck Face Hunter most of the time. Gonna see if that can get me up a few ranks.
You'll have a miserable time against Droods and Paladorks though, not a good time for CW unless you keep running into waves of Face Hunters

bjaelke

It's absolutely marvelous. Running very smoothly - no stutter at all.

Battery seems about the same as watching youtube videos. Haven't really done extensive tests on that area (yet).

You'll have a miserable time against Droods and Paladorks though, not a good time for CW unless you keep running into waves of Face Hunters

Seems like I haven't ran into too many of those yet. Thanks for the advice though, I'll keep it in mind. I'm mainly an Arena player so rank 5+ territory is uncharted for mem

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So this was a thing for me. LoL

screenshot_2015-04-20ols4c.png

Special C

So probably a dumb question, but with new phone players and Grim Patron decks everywhere, could Nozdormu start so see play because the animations take so goddamn long?

It's no coincidence with Phone release and BRM releasing back to back. Blizzard is obviously trying to create a Nozdormu Meta

Hey, I just started playing last week and its addicting.

Was wondering, should I buy the first part of Blackrock Mountain or the Arachnid adventure or test my luck in Arena?

Vanillalite

Something I've noticed about the f2p games I've played is that they seem really reluctant to significantly reduce prices over time. I played League of Legends for a long time and it just got more and more expensive (in money or time) for a new player to get caught up. It's honestly surprising to me that the game can still attract many new players (if indeed it is) when the barrier to entry is so high.

I actually disagree with this as you don't need the full roster to compete in LoL. If you own say Sona you own Sona, and then it's all up the skills, team work, matchups ect... on if you do well.

In Hearthstone to a large degree (outside of Zoo or now Face Hunter) you need a large pool of cards to progress higher and higher in the ranking system. In League it's all down to honing your skills, but not owning say Rammy isn't gonna effect whether you can play say Cat well or not.

I just don't find the two genres similar at all in terms of F2P makeup be it LoL or HoS or DOTA2 or whatever other MOBA compared to Hearth.

depths20XX

I'm terrible when I play this game drunk. Was streaking and then got a bit too drunk and missed really obvious lethal in 2 different games. Not a fun way to end the night.

Any good arena guides (written) for more advanced tactics? I'm averaging between 3-4 wins in arena now and would like to hit the 6-7 win territory. I feel like the games I lose are not winnable but I'm pretty sure that's not the case for all of them

Vanillalite

Any good arena guides (written) for more advanced tactics? I'm averaging between 3-4 wins in arena now and would like to hit the 6-7 win territory. I feel like the games I lose are not winnable but I'm pretty sure that's not the case for all of them

Have you checked out that site that helps you go through your whole draft?

clav

How do you draft your cards? I feel like card selection is a huge part of success in winning at Hearthstone. Someone above mentioned how higher ranks in Hearthstone just generally have better cards.

CoolOff

I'd be happy to do co-op arena runs with people of any skill-level, either to teach or be taught. I currently average just above 6 wins, so I have some idea of what I'm doing.

Would have to be at my computer when doing it, but add worakl#2366 on any server and just PM me when I'm online to see if I'm available.

You still can't spectate during drafts right?

I hate this game.

My last 4 games:

Bursted down from 30 by Druids with Thaurissian next turn Force of Nature + 2x Savage Roar

In 2 games. In a row.

Mech mage double Mechwarper.

Rogue Violet Teacher, Backstab, Prep, Blade Flurry to clear board. On Turn 4.

ViviOggi

I'd be happy to do co-op arena runs with people of any skill-level, either to teach or be taught. I currently average just above 6 wins, so I have some idea of what I'm doing.

Would have to be at my computer when doing it, but add worakl#2366 on any server and just PM me when I'm online to see if I'm available.

You still can't spectate during drafts right?
Nope, when coaching friends we use Skype screen sharing for the draft

Dreavus

First off, that anti-mobile thing is fucked up. I was playing a match waiting for a irl job to start, someone did that to me. 10 minute match took 20 minutes.

Yup, five of them I believe. They're kind of a crutch right now and I play them the exact same way every time. Copy at 5, destroy at 7, armor asap or before lose, counter spell at 4. But their so mana efficient compared to what cards I have right now since I'm not buying card packs. 3 mana to do any one of these things : 8 armor, insta-kill enemy minion, copy enemy minion, negate enemy spell. Obviously, I'm not gonna double up any of them but from 5 mana on their nothing but benefit as far as I play.

The effects are pretty good in a vacuum, but by their nature secrets give your opponent a chance to play around them to minimize their impact. Playing a low cost guy if he thinks you have mirror entity, use his coin against your counterspell, attack with his 1/1 into Vaporize. However even if your opponent guesses what it is sometimes it screws up his plays anyways (doesn't play a big guy because he fears Mirror Entity and has no way to check for it).

Someone probably mentioned it, but if you like secrets you should go for the Mad scientist in Naxxramus (Not sure what wing he is in). Very good synergy especially with mage secrets, since they cost the most mana.

How do you draft your cards? I feel like card selection is a huge part of success in winning at Hearthstone. Someone above mentioned how higher ranks in Hearthstone just generally have better cards.

Well yes there's an element to luck but there's also a consistent pool of people winning 6-7 games on average and I'm at 3-4. I think there's definitely room to grow.

Have you checked out that site that helps you go through your whole draft?

Yeah I draft with Heartharena. I don't use every single suggestion but it's a staple of mine

Will check this out. Thanks!

Is there a decklist for beating this week's heroics ?

I usually browse reddit to find them, but it's a mess finding good decks for the current heroics.

I drafted 2x Hobgoblins and about 6 minions with 1 attack in Arena. So stupid, but it's fun when it works. 2-1 so far. Had a 5/7 Acolyte of Pain one game and no silences in-sight meant GG for that guy.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
This is possibly the least value play I've ever seen in hearthstone.

He coined into shadowflame and traded his abusive sergeant and other voidwalker into the harvest golem anyway.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
The cardback for this season is the best ever. Will prolly never change it.

I've been sticking to the Icecrown back and the one I got from Blizzcon. I think most of the cardbacks are too busy and flashy. I'd prefer them all to just look like something that might actually be on the back of a card rather than glowing and swirling and whatnot. I think I'm probably in the minority on that though.

Levi

Banned
Got the Total Domination quest, have a win streak in ranked, AND I got this sweet pack this morning:

Today is a good day to Hearthstone.

I usually browse reddit to find them, but it's a mess finding good decks for the current heroics.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/873-blackrock-spire-heroic-boss-guides-omokk

I haven't tried these personally but when I get stuck I usually find the hearthpwn decks very effective vs heroic ai.

VoxPop

Love this new Grim Patron warrior deck :D So fun to play. Only really struggle against Warlocks throwing out stone giants every turn into malganis then jaraxxus.

Found Tirion Fordring yesterday. Might make a Dragon Pally deck soon

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Is it worth crafting a second big game hunter or is typically 1 enough?

Druids and warriors might run two in a control heavy meta, but otherwise 1 is enough. I crafted a second for a couple heroics but that was it.

ViviOggi

lmao at this zookeeper playing Juggler, Spider and bunch of other small crap drops vs Gimmick Warrior on turn 8

"Huh, my thanks"

༼ ºل͜º ༽ºل͜º ༽ºل͜º ༽ EVERYONE,GET IN HERE ༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º ༽ºل͜º ༽ EVERYONE,GET IN HERE ༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º ༽ºل͜º ༽ EVERYONE,GET IN HERE ༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º ༽ºل͜º ༽ EVERYONE,GET IN HERE ༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º ༽ºل͜º ༽ EVERYONE,GET IN HERE ༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º ༽ºل͜º ༽

For the heroics I used Hobgobladin, same deck as non-heroic (no spells, just huge dudes) with Sylvanas turn 1 to confuse the AI and KT in hand for when he played something I could steal, and Molten Echo Mage.

Magnus

I cannot stress enough how critical and awesome a craft Ysera has been for me as a main Priest player. It's such a strong fucking card that rarely gets removed the turn after it's played, meaning it yields at least two bonus cards most of the time that opponents rarely ever seem to properly account for and have a plan for.

It's so good. I wish I had crafted this months ago.

-

Also, fuck, it feels like I get a legendary every week. My rate has to be 1 in 15 packs or better. Really great.

Sadly, this one was a dupe again - Sylvanas.

Guys, be careful about drafting Sneeds in Arena. It's a good card, but now it has a chance of spawning Majordomo and immediately losing you the game

I'm not salty, honest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom