• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omg. Up against yet another of these take their whole turn players. 75% of the time they're preist too for some reason. So annoying.

capturel2u7k.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wait mobile accounts are different even if you in with your battlenet account? I'm playing the mobile one and I finished the tutorial and don't have my decks or collection :/

clav

Ah great idea thanks!

Also, maybe it's because of my having played games like Magic since they first came out, but I'm generally able to take my entire turn in less than 30 seconds, usually less than 10, knowing exactly what im gonna do as soon as the turn starts and most players take well over a minute to figure it out. It's frustrating and I wish it went quicker :/

Try playing arena. You will probably panic when you see the rope appear on the screen.

iirate

What I find works most of the time is if you also rope your turns. They'll usually knock it off when they realize that you don't care that they are wasting your time. Just remember to squelch their emotes because "ropers" are also the type of player that will try and annoy you with well timed sarcastic emotes.

I actually like not squelching bm. I feel like never even giving them the satisfaction of any sort of reaction to their bm(as they could see me hover over their portrait to squelch) is far more satisfying/effective.

It's a different game, but I sort of do the same thing in WoW. If I'm being ganked as a lowbie, I'll immediately seek out my ganker and goad them into attacking me. They usually stop as soon as I show them I don't care what they do. If someone is trying to mess with you in a game, you just need to show them that you still have agency, and it instantly ceases to be fun for them.

rickyson1

Omg. Up against yet another of these take their whole turn players. 75% of the time they're preist too for some reason. So annoying.

what's wrong with taking your whole turn? obviously you shouldn't be roping every time but 90 seconds really isn't very much sometimes,sometimes you have a few different moves and have to mentally plot out how all of them are likely to end up multiple turns into the future to pick the best one

although I only play arena maybe it's different in constructed?

That's already the Mage Power. They aren't gonna reuse it.

plus there's already a minion that lets you use the hunter hero power on minions anyways

iirate

what's wrong with taking your whole turn? obviously you shouldn't be roping every time but 90 seconds really isn't very much sometimes,sometimes you have a few different moves and have to mentally plot out how all of them are likely to end up multiple turns into the future to pick the best one

although I only play arena maybe it's different in constructed?

I think they're mostly talking about players that intentionally rope. Some opponents will clearly have zero plays left and run down the clock each turn.

I pretty much only play arena as well, and I don't see it that often either. It wouldn't surprise me if that type of player was more common in one format over another, but they definitely aren't super rare regardless.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yeah, taking time on certain times is perfectly fine, but you know you're in for a shitty game when they rope on turn 1.

Oh boy, seen about 4 mages in Arena running Grim Patrons today.

I have no way to deal with this as Druid with Swipe and Starfall. Woohoo for mages being stronger in arena!!!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Whoever decided to put 2x Dread Corsairs into GET IN HERE warrior is a saint. I have way better success with it now after putting them in.

What qualifies a deck as a "face hunter" and what is wrong with it?

Decks with tons of charge (wolfrider, arcane golem and Huffer every time I swear to God) and low cost minions (Abusive Sarge, Haunted Creeper) who only hit the enemy hero (the face)

Takes about 20 brain cells to play and is pretty damn effective. The goal is to have your enemy nearly dead by the time they can do anything to counter it like Sludge Belcher, so you can quick shot/hero power/skill command their face.

Is it really much better than their current offerings for AOE? Seems just like a slightly cheaper consecration that only hits minions, and hellfire hit for 3 so its definitely not a straight upgrade even if you're running an all demon deck plus hellfire hit face so could be counted on as burn if not board clears.

It does look good, but the damage difference is what may end up being why it might not be ran, perhaps over hellfire at least. I guess it still has that nerubian egg synergy though.

Just watched Silentstorm get the most awful hand against Amaz in the WCA. His opening hand after mulligan was Wild Growth, Swipe, Innervate, Savage Roar. He proceeded to draw into a Piloted Shredder and then another Innervate, and then another Swipe.

Dahbomb

Just watched Silentstorm get the most awful hand against Amaz in the WCA. His opening hand after mulligan was Wild Growth, Swipe, Innervate, Savage Roar. He proceeded to draw into a Piloted Shredder and then another Innervate, and then another Swipe.
That's not that bad of a hand. Wild Growth means that Piloted Shredder comes out early and with the Swipe he should've held out until he got some big creature.

clav

You should be fine as long as you don't have to face any mages.

Everything was mage.

Edit: Playing a warlock who got a destroy all minions card when I was about to win and Ysera.

Fuck.

Why does this game not give me any of those cards for arena?

No flamestrikes.

No frostbolts.

I think arena is biased who bought adventure packs and who did not.

That's not that bad of a hand. Wild Growth means that Piloted Shredder comes out early and with the Swipe he should've held out until he got some big creature.

It's pretty bad when that's the only minion you drew in the first five turns and your opponent has his own Shredder.

Dahbomb

It's pretty bad when that's the only minion you drew in the first five turns and your opponent has his own Shredder.

But you said that the first card he drew after the Mulligan was a Shredder... which means that he had something to play on board by turn 3 (assuming he played the Wild Growth on Turn 2).

And his Shredder should've come out first with the Wild Growth play. I feel like I am missing something here because that is not that bad of a draw (especially getting the Shredder right after the follow up to Wild Growth).

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Grim Patron decks should really be including Dragon Egg.

Seriously guys. This card can do a surprising amount of work.

Levi

Banned
I started a f2p account on the EU servers. Third pack I opened on that account: Archmage Antonidas! And in my freebie arena run I got 6 wins! So I ended up with 7 packs between quests and rewards, which netted me 1 legendary and 2 epics (both were Shaman epics though). It was a ton of fun making a deck around Archmage with such a limited card selection. Tomorrow I'm grinding that account to 20 for the cardback, and working on more of the "hidden" quests so I can expand the card selection a bit more.

I'm Levi#1147 on both US and EU servers, I'd appreciate more EU friends in case I get that spectate quest.

But you said that the first card he drew after the Mulligan was a Shredder... which means that he had something to play on board by turn 3 (assuming he played the Wild Growth on Turn 2).

And his Shredder should've come out first with the Wild Growth play. I feel like I am missing something here because that is not that bad of a draw (especially getting the Shredder right after the follow up to Wild Growth).

Amaz coined an Acolyte on turn 2, Shredder came out on turn 3. Amaz taskmastered the acolyte and killed the shredder, giving Silentstorm Captain's Parrot and Amaz had his own shredder to follow up on turn 4. After the shredder, Silentstorm's draws were Innervate, Swipe, BGH, and Wrath. Meanwhile Amaz is playing minions and Silentstorm has to respond with spells because he has no good minions to play.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I hope so. More value for unleash the hounds.

I've actually played multiple games with my Grim Patron warrior where I have actually outfaced the Face Hunters. Seeing face hunters use owl or kill command on a frothing berserker is hilarious.

Ashodin

Is it really much better than their current offerings for AOE? Seems just like a slightly cheaper consecration that only hits minions, and hellfire hit for 3 so its definitely not a straight upgrade even if you're running an all demon deck plus hellfire hit face so could be counted on as burn if not board clears.

It does look good, but the damage difference is what may end up being why it might not be ran, perhaps over hellfire at least. I guess it still has that nerubian egg synergy though.

I'm thinking trades my man. A lot of demons have good health values, so the trading for value plays should be pretty dope. I'd say even pack Bloodmage Thalnos for real fun.

Ashodin

But if you're trading minions and playing this card, wouldn't hellfire or even shadowflame be better?

I'm thinking it's great for

A) killing stealthed dudes
B) killing fresh tokens
C) softening the board for trades
D) softening the board for Mortal Coil or Darkbomb trades

I mean there's a lot of interesting uses without the Hellfire drawback. Now, Hellfire is neat because you can set up a pop of your own Voidcaller, but I think people want to save their Imp tokens.

I'm thinking it's great for

A) killing stealthed dudes
B) killing fresh tokens
C) softening the board for trades
D) softening the board for Mortal Coil or Darkbomb trades

I mean there's a lot of interesting uses without the Hellfire drawback. Now, Hellfire is neat because you can set up a pop of your own Voidcaller, but I think people want to save their Imp tokens.

Two damage isn't enough.

KuroNeeko

I was just starting to build my demon deck too. Now it's going to get all popular before I can get it together..

This is just like in WoW when I started with Warlock / Druid!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So I guess Hearthstone is impossible to get back to if you never bought any cards (when I used to play in "vanilla" all my gold was for arena runs), everyone I meet is full of legendaries and shit, even in casual. And don't tell me Legendaries don't win games :)

I mean it's fine and I guess expectes, im not bitching about it but I wonder what new players will think when all they get are matched against these decks

I would stick to arenas again but when j can do dailies with my shit decks because I can't win games that's kinda hard :p

So I guess Hearthstone is impossible to get back to if you never bought any cards (when I used to play in "vanilla" all my gold was for arena runs), everyone I meet is full of legendaries and shit, even in casual. And don't tell me Legendaries don't win games :)

I mean it's fine and I guess expectes, im not bitching about it but I wonder what new players will think when all they get are matched against these decks

I would stick to arenas again but when j can do dailies with my shit decks because I can't win games that's kinda hard :p

What they should do is make Naxx free next content drop, that way new players can get cards like Belchers, Loatheb, Haunted Creeper, Mad Scientist which are all still widely played

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom