• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iryx

Fake card time:

urFgTbW5.png

Yes, I know. The art is Gelbin Mekkatorque, a card that already exists.

Seems insane, it's like Pre-Nerf Tinkmaster but almost guaranteed to be good.

//ARCANUM

What's your deck?

At what turn do your games end?

How did you start from rank 2?.

I'm using a hunter death rattle deck. If my deck is working my games end usually before turn 6 or 7.

And that was a typo I meant to say 20ish.

There was a theory going around that if you take your full turns against a mobile player, chances are the mobile player is going to have to quit at some point.

Yeah that's super Shitty and cheap as hell.

My Druid deck gets absolutely wrecked by Shaman :\ Come to think of it I think my Druid has always had Shaman problems. Hit a wall around rank 10 or so and have dropped back to 12...just nasty today.

All I want to do is play Axe flinger and then Argus it. You would think that a 2/5 would not attract much threat, but every time I play it, it seems to become public enemy number one :(.

Grief.exe

Just had a pretty solid Priest arena deck go 6-3, my highest thus far.

Had some good cards, but ultimately did not have any board clear and my early game was mediocre. Had a hefty 2-3 cost curve, which allowed me to trade for value, but ultimately the cards I did have in that range were relatively mediocre. If the opponent had a lucky early-game draft and solid curve, then they would likely win.

Got 140 gold from winning those games, which leaves me 10 short of another arena entry. Going to hold off until tomorrow to see what daily quest I unlock.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
LMAO at Forsen's stream. He went against a druid that innervated blingtron, got a gorehowl and dropped a dread corsair on turn 3.

Majine

Banned
Hahaha this game from Forsen. His opponent innervates out a Blingtron and gets gorehowl. That's ramp as fuck.

EDIT: ^ damns.

So been running this gimmick deck, slightly tweaked version of Senfglas' deck, been doing me really good but decided to swap Slam x2 for Pyromancers. Any ideas for other improvements or if that was a good idea?

8Uzm70j.png

egruntz

shelaughz
So been running this gimmick deck, slightly tweaked version of Senfglas' deck, been doing me really good but decided to swap Slam x2 for Pyromancers. Any ideas for other improvements or if that was a good idea?

x2 Death's Bite
x2 Whirlwind
x2 Unstable Ghoul
x2 Wild Pyromancer

...I think you have enough all-AoE. The first three items should get the job done just fine without Wild Pyromancer. I would replace them with Axe Flinger, or maybe throw Loatheb in. (He destroys if just played after a turn where "everyone [got] in [there]."

ViviOggi

Yeah Slam is super good in that deck and Pyro seems like overkill. Once you're in a position to combo finding two whirlwind effects shouldn't be a problem as long as you don't waste them early. You don't need to clear everything against non-aggro, in fact you want them to load up the board in the lategame to maximize your Frothings. Also remember that you can use leftover Ghouls as 2 mana whirlwinds together with Warsong.

I'm not a fan of Axe Flinger, they're not worth using whirlwind effects on by themselves but at 4 mana also too costly to weave in later on. Played on curve the body isn't all that hot, could easily be a 2/6 tbh.

ViviOggi

Sometimes I can't press "end turn"? Is this lag? DDoS? Bug?
Sometimes the end turn button gets dislodged, in that case only its left corner remains clickable. Could also be the somewhat common desync issue (you'll learn to recognize it and restart the game asap) or WotC ddos

Majine

Banned
Oh boy.

Warrior vs Warrior. I have a Grim Patron and an Unstable Ghoul out.

He plays Unstable Ghoul... and brawls.

And my Grim Patron wins.

Sudoku.

I've never gotten a Golden Legendary. I'm afraid to get one like Boom or Sylvanis because I already have those and couldn't decide to disenchant them or replace them in my deck, so I hope I get Golden Thrillhouse or Hemet or something

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
android version is amazing on my note 4 but why do I have to do this tutorial even tho I signed in with my account :/

Special C

Got tired of waiting for nerfs so I just finally did my mass enchant for 2330 dust. I wish you could mark certain cards to "keep" when mass DEing.

I'm sure they will annouce some nerfs tommorow.

Magnus

Sometimes the end turn button gets dislodged, in that case only its left corner remains clickable. Could also be the somewhat common desync issue (you'll learn to recognize it and restart the game asap) or WotC ddos

That, and the Consecrate screen shifting bug also persists. The latter doesn't seem to happen as often anymore, though.

A few months back, 3 Consecrates into a match and I couldn't see my hand anymore. lol

Levi

Banned
android version is amazing on my note 4 but why do I have to do this tutorial even tho I signed in with my account :/

You probably signed in to the wrong region. Log out, check your region, and log back in.

Oh, and a hot tip for everyone who thinks they may have disconnected: change your card back. If your card back on the game board updates, you're connected. If it doesn't, you've disconnected.

CoolOff

I'm gonna be a hipster and start playing Face Hunter now that it seems to be dwindle in popularity, just so I can counter all these Imp Gang Boss-locks.

Acinixys

Just had a ultra anti BM happen

Sitting on 1 HP, enemy Warlock is also 1 HP

He will lose next turn so plays hellfire to deny himself

1st time ive been next leveled

//ARCANUM

Omg. Up against yet another of these take their whole turn players. 75% of the time they're preist too for some reason. So annoying.

Levi

Banned
Omg. Up against yet another of these take their whole turn players. 75% of the time they're preist too for some reason. So annoying.

What I find works most of the time is if you also rope your turns. They'll usually knock it off when they realize that you don't care that they are wasting your time. Just remember to squelch their emotes because "ropers" are also the type of player that will try and annoy you with well timed sarcastic emotes.

//ARCANUM

What I find works most of the time is if you also rope your turns. They'll usually knock it off when they realize that you don't care that they are wasting your time. Just remember to squelch their emotes because "ropers" are also the type of player that will try and annoy you with well timed sarcastic emotes.

Ah great idea thanks!

Also, maybe it's because of my having played games like Magic since they first came out, but I'm generally able to take my entire turn in less than 30 seconds, usually less than 10, knowing exactly what im gonna do as soon as the turn starts and most players take well over a minute to figure it out. It's frustrating and I wish it went quicker :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom