• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So I guess Hearthstone is impossible to get back to if you never bought any cards (when I used to play in "vanilla" all my gold was for arena runs), everyone I meet is full of legendaries and shit, even in casual. And don't tell me Legendaries don't win games :)

I mean it's fine and I guess expectes, im not bitching about it but I wonder what new players will think when all they get are matched against these decks

I would stick to arenas again but when j can do dailies with my shit decks because I can't win games that's kinda hard :p

Just play ranked, and then don't worry about your rank.

Casual has 0 match making so you could be going up against people of all skill levels and card decks.

Eventually with ranked play you'll get matched into the area you are suppose to be. That's how rankings work.

Magnus

The dream. Turn 1 Emperor. He never recovered.

Ld3QtmD.jpg

embalm

This is the exact reason that I hate Quick Shot. I still can't believe that they thought it was a good idea to give Hunters a Dark Bomb that also draws a card. The only other 3 damage + card draw card is Hammer of Wrath, and it costs 4 mana. Granted, Quick Shot is conditional card draw, but still, it fits into what is currently the most annoying and overplayed deck.
That spell is good, but Hunter is a spell driven class and Paladin isn't. Quickshot still isn't the annoying part of that deck, it's the cheap charge minions who hit face more than once if not removed. There aren't enough ways to punish 1 health charge minions when the deck is built around it.

Speaking of punishing that... I spent this entire season farming the shit out of Hunter with Grim Patron Warrior. The core of the deck being able to deal 1 damage allows it to crush Face Hunter. It didn't even matter how good their start was. I've never played a class that countered another so well. I can't even remember the number of times I used their explosive trap to give myself over 10 armor, or used it with Amani Berserker on board and giving myself lethal. The wins against them were so easy it felt dirty.

I think other decks are getting pieces that will fall into place to battle those low health minion/go face tactics as well. Maybe when the other pieces land we'll see a hunter that needs that 3 damage card...
Imp Gang Boss is pushing Zoo and Demonlock up and it's a dream against hunter matches.
Shaman players were talking about their wins against Hunter increasing thanks to Lavashock allowing them to play doggies and continue removal without ruining their curve.
Cost reduction cards are going to punish aggro decks for going face, when you can clear the hounds and play a free drake or cheap lumberer.

zoukka

Fuck druids and Thaurissan. I can't believe Blizz had a problem with Miracle Rogue and has the balls to print Thaurissan. Gotta sell those adventures...

Rapstah

I think I just had the Dr. Boom bug where nothing pops out except with Cenarius. I'm 99% sure I clicked the treant button and not the +1/+1 button.

Just had an really cool ending to a match.

Mage is at 3 life with 4/2 Piloted Shredder, I have nothing on board.
I play 2 Jugglers and 2 Ardent Squires for 5 total knives.
3 hit face for lethal, 2 kill the Shredder.
Doomsayer pops out, yells "The end is coming!", and then the mage dies.

Anyone else have awesome sequences of events like this to share?

johnsmith

remember me
Fuck druids and Thaurissan. I can't believe Blizz had a problem with Miracle Rogue and has the balls to print Thaurissan. Gotta sell those adventures...

It's worse with freeze Mage.

Antonidas, frost bolt, frost bolt, ice lance, ice lance. Absolutely disgusting.

At least I'm playing warrior right now, they rarely get past my armor.

JesseZao

Just had an really cool ending to a match.

Mage is at 3 life with 4/2 Piloted Shredder, I have nothing on board.
I play 2 Jugglers and 2 Ardent Squires for 5 total knives.
3 hit face for lethal, 2 kill the Shredder.
Doomsayer pops out, yells "The end is coming!", and then the mage dies.

Anyone else have awesome sequences of events like this to share?

Doomsayer BM is best BM. I also liked to Elven Archer for Lethal back when I was playing aggressive zoo or Shockadib.

Levi

Banned
I think I just had the Dr. Boom bug where nothing pops out except with Cenarius. I'm 99% sure I clicked the treant button and not the +1/+1 button.

I learned, to my displeasure, that if you disconnect briefly and the game doesn't register your choice, you just get a vanilla Cenarius with neither bonus.

Mulgrok

I got the spectate daily, but no friends. :(

I would be very grateful anyone to add me so that I may spectate them, Gurkog#1642

on american servers, if that matters

EDIT: thank you all! I finished my daily :)

Must be getting matched up with a lot of mobile players today. Just randomly mid match the "your opponent left" message pops up. Happened several times so far.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
The people who play Rogue Mill are scumbags. I don't want to play 30 minute matches that consist of dreadful, unoriginal tactics. These players ruin the fun, short 10 minute burst games that drew me into Hearth. I would much rather play those annoying Mech Mage because those games are over quick. If someone plays a fatigue deck, I concede asap. I don't care about winning if it comes at the cost of my time and fun experience.

Job's done.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The dream. Turn 1 Emperor. He never recovered.

Ld3QtmD.jpg

On the flip side, if he removed it (Whirlwind/execute is a real possibility) you would be sort of sunk, since you would have lost 4 cards to get a slightly cheaper swipe and shredder.

VoxPop

The people who play Rogue Mill are scumbags. I don't want to play 30 minute matches that consist of dreadful, unoriginal tactics. These players ruin the fun, short 10 minute burst games that drew me into Hearth. I would much rather play those annoying Mech Mage because those games are over quick. If someone plays a fatigue deck, I concede asap. I don't care about winning if it comes at the cost of my time and fun experience.

Job's done.

You are exactly the type of person I play the mill decks for :)

EmiPrime

The sea giant/imp deck that Firebat (think it was him) played at some tourney counters face hunter really well. I am having a lot of success with it.

I had a huge streak today, hit Legend 78, and then had the worst luck. :l Hunter with 6 mana, 2 cards, and me at six life. Quick Shot Quick Shot Ping. I guess he could have killed me with Arcane Golem too, but that was all he had. Other stuff happened, but that was the worst considering I was one off lethal.

Now sitting at Legend 317 after six loss streak. Not sure why I kept playing. ;-;

Job's done.

So you'd rather be playing against Face Hunter all day? That's not unoriginal or dreadful?

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
You are exactly the type of person I play the mill decks for :)

Agreed. The new Mill Rogue with Gang Up and even the Mill Druid are tons of fun to play. Almost as much fun as the Gimmick Warrior deck (EVERYONE, GET IN HERE!). If you don't like playing against them, I'm perfectly happy to take your wins. I'm playing for fun here, not for "quick games".

Job's done.

This would be a pretty good Twitch copypasta.

Brakara

So you'd rather be playing against Face Hunter all day? That's not unoriginal or dreadful?

You can crush a face hunter in a few minutes, while playing against a mill deck takes forever. And, not to mention, playing against those mill decks are insanely boring as well.

Rapstah

There are way too many "funny/hilarious Hearthstone moments!!!" Youtube channels out there. They all use the exact same music and presentation, too.

ViviOggi

Agreed. The new Mill Rogue with Gang Up and even the Mill Druid are tons of fun to play. Almost as much fun as the Gimmick Warrior deck (EVERYONE, GET IN HERE!). If you don't like playing against them, I'm perfectly happy to take your wins. I'm playing for fun here, not for "quick games".
Glad to see my deck name caught on, Dank Warrior isn't too bad either

Guys you wouldn't believe how i won this match in the next 2 turns.
Warrior HATES him

The problem I have with mill/fatigue decks is often you don't know what is happening until it is too late. Oil and mill for instance play very differently but often open exactly the same.

When you see a hunter play a worgen, you know what is happening.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
The problem I have with mill/fatigue decks is often you don't know what is happening until it is too late. Oil and mill for instance play very differently but often open exactly the same.

When you see a hunter play a worgen, you know what is happening.

I'd argue the presence of the Oil Rogue is most of the reason that Mill Rogue works. If you see a Deathknight early on you obviously know what the score is, but allowing your opponent to think you're doing one thing when you are actually doing something else is a great advantage. It's just another thing you need to think about when playing. I love that this game allows you to have these kinds of mind games.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
LOL at Rogue Mill being fun. It's a deck for people who have all day to play. If winning is more important than fun, take my wins. Congrats.

Job's done.

Rapstah

LOL at Rogue Mill being fun. It's a deck for people who have all day to play. If winning is more important than fun, take my wins. Congrats.

Job's done.

It is pretty fun. I don't necessarily play it to win, but I wouldn't play it in ranked either. All kinds of decks can end up in fatigue. I played exclusively Priest for months and almost every game would end up in fatigue pre-GVG. Mill is that, except you can also lose hard on the way there.

If you're going to substitute "it's fun" with "well I'm not having fun so you're just playing for wins" then I'm not sure what you're trying to get out of the argument.

Job's done.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

Don't knock it till you try it. Maybe it isn't fun on the receiving end, but I'm having a blast playing it. It certainly isn't about wins though, if it was I would be playing Face Hunter. Mill Rogue is an awful way to get wins since as you point out, games take a long time. It's much easier to farm wins with a faster deck. The only reason to play any fatigue deck is because you like the puzzle aspect of the deck. Not everyone likes it, and that's fine. The deck definitely has weaknesses as well, Face Hunter can win, and it does quite badly against handlock and I personally do poorly against the Gimmick Warriors.

Maybe I should be tech'ing in a Swamp ooze to deal with all the Warriors/Rogues on the ladder. Is 1 Ooze worth it? I don't have Harrison, sadly.

Bboy AJ

I'd rather play against 10 face hunters than a mill deck. And you probably could in the same period of time.
Exactly. I don't complain about Face Hunter. I never have. Mech mage with Warpers on turn one I hated but it and Hunter only get my ego. Cool. Mill is a legit strategy but it is insanely obnoxious because it takes 30 minutes to get a game in. That's such a time waste. No thanks. Especially now that I play on my phone for a quick game, I don't have the time.

I don't care about my rank. I play for fun. I'll concede every time I get a whiff of Mill. Enjoy the free wins, for whatever they're worth.

Job's done.

I'd argue the presence of the Oil Rogue is most of the reason that Mill Rogue works.

Very true, I meant the problem I have beating them, not with the deck in general :)

As with most things in Hearthstone, I find people complain the most about anything that "breaks" the boring ass decks that everybody wants to play like Handlock. It is easy to make a deck that beats mill rogue, you just can't expect to beat every deck, every time.

wow that was satisfying. I beat an arena mage deck with 3 flamestrikes played, with a shaman deck (dude was obnoxious with the emotes too). He got me down to 10 health and his deck just completely stalled.

KePoW

Banned
Very true, I meant the problem I have beating them, not with the deck in general :)

As with most things in Hearthstone, I find people complain the most about anything that "breaks" the boring ass decks that everybody wants to play like Handlock. It is easy to make a deck that beats mill rogue, you just can't expect to beat every deck, every time.

Yeah, as the Face Hunter rep on GAF I don't really care about mill rouge. I'm neutral on them, it's a legit deck

I think some people here take the game too seriously, I don't care about winning or ranking. It's just a casual game to play for 15 to 30 minutes per day

JesseZao

The only thing I would complain about is people using the android exploit to back out of a game after you see your hand and opponent. Hopefully it's fixed soon.

Dahbomb

Dragon Paladin is kinda legit and kinda fun too. Been playing it off and on for a week and it has been doing work. Got a lot of big wins with Malygos + Consecrate as well (even though Malygos does not belong in that deck, it's one of the few big dragons I actually have so I am forced to use it).

Going to be even better in the next couple of weeks.

The real challenge is balancing the non dragon cards with the staples.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom