• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

Yeah, as the Face Hunter rep on GAF I don't really care about mill rouge. I'm neutral on them, it's a legit deck

I think some people here take the game too seriously, I don't care about winning or ranking. It's just a casual game to play for 15 to 30 minutes per day

But you are troll. You thrive on the misery of others. Either you win or lose, you win.

People with normal decks don't go through that.

But you are troll. You thrive on the misery of others. Either you win or lose, you win.

People with normal decks don't go through that.

I'd rather have a three hour mill rogue game than mech mage match #675788

People who just play normal decks because it "works" are way worse in my opinion. You are not actually playing for anything, so just mix it up.

EmiPrime

It's still a mystery to me how Mad Scientist and Mech Warper still haven't been nerfed. Loathsome cards that have shitted up this game for too long.

It's kinda funny but once you build up a nice card collection, casual becomes more interesting to play since everyone on there is testing their experimental decks. Only deck I play on the ladder right now is mech mage.. Of course my mind right now is occupied on constructed so I only play ladder when I have a Mage daily

Oops I meant my mind is occupied on arena

inky

whoa broski I thought we were close friends from the MH community thread!!

If we weren't I certainly wouldn't have said it like that, and I definitely would've beeen thrown out of this thread :p

I'm just pulling your leg either way. I thought you were going for the heel angle with the whole "Face Huntr fo life, bitchz" so I was just calling you out

ZZMitch

It's kinda funny but once you build up a nice card collection, casual becomes more interesting to play since everyone on there is testing their experimental decks. Only deck I play on the ladder right now is mech mage.. Of course my mind right now is occupied on constructed so I only play ladder when I have a Mage daily

Eh, I have no problem testing my decks out on ladder. You won't find out if they are really good or not by testing in casual. Esp. when playing new players who are forced to play basic stuff. I'd rather just play ladder and figure out what works and what doesn't that way. I don't really care about my rank too much tho, because I never have enough time in a month (especially during the school year) to make the push to legend. Maybe this summer ill give it a shot heh.

KePoW

Banned

I'm the same exact way, I only play Face Hunter on ladder and nothing else. So I only get to play it when I have a Hunter quest or cheap minion quest. That's why I don't play HS that much, because I'm not really interested without an active quest

For other class quests I only play them in Casual. And that's only with Agro Paly and Mech Mage. All other class quests I immediately delete

KePoW

Banned
If we weren't I certainly wouldn't have said it like that, and I definitely would've beeen thrown out of this thread :p

I'm just pulling your leg either way. I thought you were going for the heel angle with the whole "Face Huntr fo life, bitchz" so I was just calling you out

haha okay kool, you know I don't take anything personally =P

KePoW

Banned
You play face hunter. You can't take things personally because you have no soul.

This could be true

for the posters who know me from the Marvel Heroes community OT, they all know I'm extremely insensitive and don't take anything seriously. I love when HS opponents do the emotes against me, even when I lose. I think they're hilarious

In fact one thing I find very curiously interesting is all the people here who say they get upset when people do the HS emotes at them... I mean cmon really?? lol those emotes aren't crap, there's not even real chat

if someone gets really upset just at these harmless fixed emotes, how would you react if this was a normal MP game with full unrestricted chat?

Anteo

lol, just droping one zombie chow at the start of the game screws with the face hunter.
dude could not even clear the board with explosive because of my argus

Just beat three Face Hunters (around Rank 10-8) in a row with a fast Paladin deck I threw together for a quest (based on Arena experience, uses Avenge, Mad Scientist, Shielded Minibots, Argent Protectors, Knife Jugglers, Creepers, 1 Coghammer, 1 Muster, Sun Clerics, Shredders, 1 each of DID/Argus/Mechano/Cult Master, Healbot, Loatheb & Dr. Boom). All three games were pretty stompy - I kept up over the first couple of turns then ran them over with minion pressure. I'm sure if they had insane starts it would lose control though.

KePoW

Banned
lol, just droping one zombie chow at the start of the game screws with the face hunter.
dude could not even clear the board with explosive because of my argus

Just beat three Face Hunters (around Rank 10-8) in a row with a fast Paladin deck I threw together for a quest (based on Arena experience, uses Avenge, Mad Scientist, Shielded Minibots, Argent Protectors, Knife Jugglers, Creepers, 1 Coghammer, 1 Muster, Sun Clerics, Shredders, 1 each of DID/Argus/Mechano/Cult Master, Healbot, Loatheb & Dr. Boom). All three games were pretty stompy - I kept up over the first couple of turns then ran them over with minion pressure. I'm sure if they had insane starts it would lose control though.

yeah one thing's for sure, Face Hunter is not invincible like everyone here likes to say before

it's 50/50

Levi

Banned
yeah one thing's for sure, Face Hunter is not invincible like everyone here likes to say before

it's 50/50

Pretty sure no one has ever said Hunter is invincible, so you can just stop putting words in people's mouths.

I have a winning record vs face hunter and I still don't like seeing them. Boring, non interactive games that punish you for daring to draw your cards in the wrong order.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Grim Patron Warrior is actually pretty easy to read, makes it not to hard to face them as hunter.

I'm actually not a fan of dragon Paladin. I'm not even sure if it will be worth it once the new cards come out.

Edit: Just had a freeze/secret mage doing everything possible to not lose the turn leading upto popping ice block, and the turn after. Cycling cards frantically with acolyte/loot hoarder, played their mad scientist and killed it with a frost blast. Wasn't enough. I wonder what they were searching for.

Acinixys

if someone gets really upset just at these harmless fixed emotes, how would you react if this was a normal MP game with full unrestricted chat?

When ever someone chats to me I reply with "Thank You", regardless of the situation

Makes 40% of players super mad for some reason

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ok, this is total BS from me. I actually emoted well played before I did the move because the odds of winning were so low and I was convinced I was going to lose. Yet every dagger hit a target I needed them to.

042115_RNG1.jpg

042115_RNG2.jpg

He has 12 HP I had to crew though, and I had only 13 total damage on hand, 4 of which was RNG directed.

Doing that math, it something like a 10% chance for me to win there.

BraXzy

Most likely Naxx

Naxx for sure. The cards are still strong and the SP content is a lot harder (so far).

For buying:

Naxx > Dr Boom > blackrock > other gvg cards

By buying Dr Boom, you mean the card packs he is in right?

Living in a Rexxar Paradise.

Hunter's usually run out of steam quickly and end up top decking if they don't kill their opponent. The situation you're describing is pretty common when a fast deck takes on a slow deck. The druid stabilized which means he won back the board with his bigger minions, but it wasn't enough.

You sound new to Hearthstone, welcome aboard the addiction train!

Sounds like the general consensus is Naxx so I'll probably end up picking that up sometime. I'm not new to Hearthstone, I just play very infrequently so I'm still a noob I guess yeah :)

The addiction is indeed real that's why I tend to stay away hehe.

KePoW

Banned
Ok, this is total BS from me. I actually emoted well played before I did the move because the odds of winning were so low and I was convinced I was going to lose. Yet every dagger hit a target I needed them to.

He has 12 HP I had to crew though, and I had only 13 total damage on hand, 4 of which was RNG directed.

Doing that math, it something like a 10% chance for me to win there.

*high five* broski!

Magnus

I crafted a Velen and a Malygos, because, fuck it. It's fun.

Fucking OTK Priest is fucking hilarious.

This rival mirror priest thought he had me good, and left a harmless looking Soulpriest on the board with his 23 health. I had 6. Next turn, I dropped a Thaurissan'd Velen for 6 mana, let loose with two 1-mana Mind Blasts for 20 damage, and nuked his face with the Soulpriest-ed hero power for 4.

That match alone was worth 1600 dust.

Levi

Banned
Meta should be pretty crazy after Thursday. All of the new cards are going into decks pretty much right away. Dragon decks are getting a lot stronger, aggro warrior is getting a new tool, demon lock is getting a buff and even Shaman is getting what looks to be a very good card.

I am excited.

Dahbomb

There are like 4 different Warlock decks you have to worry about online now.

*Combo Warlock deck. It's the one that abused Emperor Balanced to do like 30 damage off of Arcane Golem and double Faceless.

*Zoolock. Basically the same shit we have been playing for a year only now with annoying crap like Imp Gang Boss and Imp Implosion.

*Demonlock. Nerubian Eggs, Void Caller, Malganis, Mistress of Pain. Similar to Handlock just a bit more aggressive.

*Classic Handlock. It's basically classic Handlock just with Malganis and Emperor Balanced. A shit ton of big threats.

With that new Demonwrath card you will be seeing more of Warlock especially in Demonlock.

Joco

I crafted a Velen and a Malygos, because, fuck it. It's fun.

Fucking OTK Priest is fucking hilarious.

This rival mirror priest thought he had me good, and left a harmless looking Soulpriest on the board with his 23 health. I had 6. Next turn, I dropped a Thaurissan'd Velen for 6 mana, let loose with two 1-mana Mind Blasts for 20 damage, and nuked his face with the Soulpriest-ed hero power for 4.

That match alone was worth 1600 dust.

While I think Velen isn't always practical, I agree he's a blast to play around with. Same with Malygos, although I usually throw him in Shaman or Mage decks.

Dahbomb

Hungry Dragon isn't going to be that great to be quite honest.

I feel like if I am going to run Hungry Dragon I am forced to run MCT as well.

I am perfectly fine using Twilight Drake in dragon decks.

johnsmith

remember me
Isn't that good? It means less mages playing mech mage.

Mech mage was predictable. Now I don't know what the hell I'm playing. Seriously, every single mage I've played in the last month has been different, and it's annoying not knowing what I'm up against.

The only thing they have in common is that when I have a board full of grim patrons they have flamestrike.

Dahbomb

Problem is it's a mediocre 4-drop at best and has negative synergy with consort.
How is it mediocre? Most of the time it comes out as a 4/6, sometimes even bigger.

Most of the time it comes out as 1 attack damage less than Hungry Dragon without giving them a minion. Against Face Hunters, Hungry Dragon can lose you the game if it spawns a 3/2 or a Leper Gnome but it's much better dropping down a Drake.

The "negative synergy" is trumped by getting a Drake for 2 mana if you even choose to do that. In my experience that 2 mana cost reduction is used for something bigger though and Drake is usually played BEFORE a Consort is.

Now obviously Drake is worse than a Shredder but you can't really put in Shredders in a dragon drake otherwise you start running out of dragons to activate your other cards. However, I would still argue that Drake is better than Hungry Dragon. Once people play around with the card they will realize it, it's not as OP as some people are thinking it will be. I do see some potential with using Hungry Dragon with MCT but that's yet another card you need to put in your dragon deck when it's already hard finding spots for the various dragon theme cards in a Paladin deck.

KuroNeeko

Slipped into the teens on Rank mode and the competition is a lot more harsh!

I'm still learning all the cards, but Legendaries are becoming a lot more common. I'm not complaining, a lot of fun looking decks out there!

For Blood Mage Thalos, do you generally want to take him out fairly soon? He's +1 SD while on the table, but killing him gives the opponent another card. :/

Still seeing a variety of decks, but the number of warlocks is growing. I still haven't figured out the best way to tackle them - go for early damage on the Lock to reduce number of draws he can make - or try to control the board while he replenishes his hand... Nerubian Egg is such a ball buster....lol

SEEMS like Druid / Rogue, who originally had the advantage of a hero ability that lets them trade life for board control, are weaker now because of the plethora of cheap, high-powered creatures. I wonder how the Blizzard team will deal with that going into the future.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Said it before, saying it again. Hungry Dragon is probably one of the most overrated cards in the set. I really don't think a zero mana banana is really going to be worth the extra minion most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom