• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zemm

LOL at Rogue Mill being fun. It's a deck for people who have all day to play. If winning is more important than fun, take my wins. Congrats.

Job's done.

Lol at this, people don't play mill rogue to rank up (unless they like to do it very inefficiently), the deck is not very competitive at all, it's just a really fun deck to play. And make people like yourself get mad apparently.

Joco

My buddy says he's not getting quest credit when completing wins in Play mode online. iOS. Known bugs?

I expect mobile probably has quite a few right now. Just yesterday someone posted a bug on the Hearthstone reddit where you could see your starting hand and close the app, then reconnect and it would disconnect both players instead of giving a loss to the player who left. Could be pretty game breaking.

Magnus

People talk about cards (like the Kezan Mystic discussion above) as if they're always going to be in your hand to enact the strategy you're discussing. "You just use X to counter Y." But what if you don't have X? Or what if you do, and there's no Y?

Like, "mages always steal back their secrets with their own Mystic". But I mean...that's contingent on them drawing their Mystic. Yeah, it might happen, but surely there are games where it doesn't?

Like when people say "combo Shrinkmeister + Cabal Priest on Turn 8". Like, seriously, who's had those two cards, on Turn 8, WITH a target to use them on? The odds are low. I think it's happened to me 2 or 3 times in hundreds of games where those cards were in my deck.

I don't know. The black and white way that people discuss combos and strategies never seems to work out too well in actual games, because you just can't predict which cards you'll draw and in what order.

I'll admit that many of my games result in me without great plays in the first 1-4 turns. Maybe I just Mulligan poorly....

caesar

Banned
Quick survey. Ask yourselves this, is combo druid just as braindead and scummy as face hunter?

Yes. The answer is yes.

Is freeze mage the ek0p of control decks?

Yes.

do dragons suck?

Yes.

Will there ever be a better set than naxx?

No

Is ben brode gonna hype up a shitty card in the next gvg style expansion?

Yes.

gutshot

Decks like these are why face hunter gets played. A single taunt. A 4 drop that helps aggro. 1 heal besides truesilver. And a late game that takes multiple turns to really get going.

Yeah, last Thursday when Dragon Consort was released, I played Face Hunter and was completely wrecking all of the half-baked Dragodin decks.

Hektor

My recent arena opponent: "you can only play op class because you are noob."

That trashtalk.
default.jpg

tariniel

Yesterday I finished 3 dailies. I opened the game today expecting 1 new daily, and I got 3 new ones? Did they change how this worked?

Yesterday I finished 3 dailies. I opened the game today expecting 1 new daily, and I got 3 new ones? Did they change how this worked?

If you don't re-roll quests at all, you can have 3 visible quests and bank 3 more quests. If you re-roll any quest, the banked quests are cleared. Sort of a little-known secret. Basically means you can play once every 6 days and still not miss a single quest.

Ropecoach failing to get all his moves in strikes again

Yeah, that was rough.

gutshot

You can technically have up to 6 quests: 3 active and 3 inactive. The inactive ones are hidden until you complete one of the active ones. Rerolling any quest will clear all quests you had stored in your inactive queue.

egruntz

shelaughz
You can technically have up to 6 quests: 3 active and 3 inactive. The inactive ones are hidden until you complete one of the active ones. Rerolling any quest will clear all quests you had stored in your inactive queue.

...What? What?????

WHAT??????

CoolOff

So, I read about the 6 quest-thing, and tried it by not playing for 6 days, but it didn't work for me.

I never re-rolled, but I did expect it to "re-fill" immediately when I cleared one, did I have to re-log for it to work?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Went against a mage that played turn 2 portal, turn 3 emperor. Then his own emperor on turn 6.

Getting hit by double two cost fireballs to the face sure was fun.

embalm

I was rolling Demonlock last night and smashed this guys face. It seemed like his hand was just terrible and he couldn't stay on the board at all.

Guy adds me after a game.

Says that the deck seems cool and asks if he can watch a few of my games for his spectate quest.

Faith in hearthstone/humanity restored.

Ikkarus

I was rolling Demonlock last night and smashed this guys face. It seemed like his hand was just terrible and he couldn't stay on the board at all.

Says that the deck seems cool and asks if he can watch a few of my games for his spectate quest.

I'm still holding out for someone like that. :(

Magnus

It finally happened.

and feels even worse than I expected.

A legendary in a pack? Congrats!

Just think of it as a free epic of your choice.

Millhouse is my most-opened legendary, at 3. (I can't remember if I've opened 2 or 3 Leeroys - also had 2 Nat Pagles, and opened up a Sylvanas recently after crafting one ages ago).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
hold on let me open one now

edit: fuck ya'll :(

KePoW

Banned
If you don't re-roll quests at all, you can have 3 visible quests and bank 3 more quests. If you re-roll any quest, the banked quests are cleared. Sort of a little-known secret. Basically means you can play once every 6 days and still not miss a single quest

lol r u sure about this?? I don't think anyone has said this before haha, that would be krazy

KePoW

Banned

haha what a nice story

spoiler: I already had the win, I just wanted to BGH my own Boom for maximum BM, and it just so happened Knife Juggler killed the Hunter lol

u should try Face Hunter yourself sometime

Don't knock it till u try it buddie !

I think Kripp's newest video on the award system is spot on.

Like he says, the arena reward system is pretty fucked.

Also I really think you should be able to buy dust at a reasonable exchange rate. I'd imagine it's terrible for a new player to scrounge up the 1600 dust for Boom or Sylvanis without getting lucky with some goldens.

Bookoo

Also I really think you should be able to buy dust at a reasonable exchange rate. I'd imagine it's terrible for a new player to scrounge up the 1600 dust for Boom or Sylvanis without getting lucky with some goldens.

Is the only way to get those type of cards through crafting or are they just rare for being in packs?

KePoW

Banned

When you buy packs, you are buying dust. Just not at a fixed exchange rate

Honestly I kinda like the random nature of that. Same reason I like the RNG nature of the gameplay in general

Levi

Banned
I took my EU account's Level 1 Shaman onto the ranked ladder, it's hilarious. It's mostly people doing dumb stuff liking coining out Fire Elemantal on turn 1 (dead to rockbiter for, cost me one mana to remove two of his cards and deny him Fire Elemental value) but there's also dudes at level 19 with full demonlocks including Dr. Boom, Jaraxxus, KT, and Malganis.

I can see where new and F2P players are coming from, there's no reason someone with a couple rares and a bunch of basic cards and an account that is less than a week old should ever be matched up against a 5,000 dust deck.

Too bad volcanic drake isn't til next week. I want to try a midrange rogue deck with dark iron skulker + drake.

I can see a turn going like this. Dark iron skulker, hits all enemies for 2. Prep, fan of knives. Then getting a drake off for cheap. Stuff like that seems pretty interesting. And I think dark iron skulker has a lot of potential for rogue as well, although not necessarily for current iterations like oil rogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom