• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, are you guys ready for the first truly meta-changing wing of BRM?

With all due respect to the Emperor, this wing has 4-5 cards that are incredibly relevant and will see play.

I can only see fireguard and chromaggus getting played. But I'm not even so sure about Chromaggus, I think it'll be too slow to be useful.

The rest seem to be cards that will fit into decks that are not as good as the decks already being played.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I can only see fireguard and chromaggus getting played. But I'm not even so sure about Chromaggus, I think it'll be too slow to be useful.

The rest seem to be cards that will fit into decks that are not as good as the decks already being played.

Demonwrath, Dark Iron Skulker, and Fireguard Destroyer seem like the best to me. Chromaggus is too slow, he won't be played. People will experiment with Hungry Dragon and then realize it's not that great.

Heropon

At last I got a decent Arena deck even if it doesn't have Fireballs or Polymorphs but now I feel a bit anxious because the internet connection is really unstable and I get nervous when I can't do anything and the time passes. I almost lost the first match thanks to a lost turn, so I'm not really confident.

r2AbQPW.png

I don't know what to think about the Deathlord, I hope it doesn't make me lose a match. In the first one it brought an unmemorable minion and in the second one I didn't use it, so it hasn't been a liability yet, but who knows...

Demonwrath, Dark Iron Skulker, and Fireguard Destroyer seem like the best to me. Chromaggus is too slow, he won't be played. People will experiment with Hungry Dragon and then realize it's not that great.

Demonwrath is the other possibility, but I'm thinking there are demon nerfs in the near future. It just seems all too strong.

Lumine

Chromaggus will surely be tested in Dragon Paladin, but we might have to wait another week to really see that deck come into place. It might still not make the cut among the other expensive dragons in the end. Like people said, it's likely too slow. Fireguard destroyer seems likely to be a staple card for any midrange/control shamans. Demonwrath might find a place in demonlocks. Dark Iron Stalker might end up being scarier than it looks at first, who knows. Don't think any of these will impact the meta as much as Emperor though.

ViviOggi

Chromaggus is insane following turn 5 Consort, don't underestimate an 8 health body on turn 6 (see Gallywix who is only uncommon because he doesn't perfectly fit current Rogue's gameplan). The only questions are whether that'll happen consistently enough to justify running him, and how hard dropping him on 8+ will really be.

Chromaggus is insane following turn 5 Consort, don't underestimate an 8 health body on turn 6 (see Gallywix who is only uncommon because he doesn't perfectly fit current Rogue's gameplan). The only questions are whether that'll happen consistently enough to justify running him, and how hard dropping him on 8+ will really be.

I'd still rather be dropping pretty much any of the dragons on turn 7 like Nefarian, Alex or Ysera. I'd think the reality will still be turn 6 Emporer into whatever.

But it'll be fun to try anyway...especially if Emporer gets nerfed.

Heropon

3-0 into 3-3 thanks to topdicks, perfects initial hands and FACE, FACE, FACE. Terrible.

And the cards are meh. UGH, I'm not playing arena anymore.
Until I need GvG packs again, which will be very soon.

embalm

Fuck It don't have many GVG Cards or Legendary's to make the Decks I want. So Im doing Face Hunter, im a disgusting human being.
Edit: My god gold is easy...Really want to save up for a Demon Lock Deck

I have a huge collection of cards. Last night I played Face Hunter for giggles. It is like playing a totally different game. You don't care about your health or the enemy board. It's all about how can you possible squeeze out the last bit of damage from your opponent before he completely overruns you.

Magnus

So, around Noon or 1pm ET for the new wing today? Yay!

So, are you guys ready for the first truly meta-changing wing of BRM?

With all due respect to the Emperor, this wing has 4-5 cards that are incredibly relevant and will see play.

.....I don't know, man. I'd say Emperor Balanced is the most meta-changing beast of all. It single-handedly transformed the types of plays that were possible in a single turn.

3-0 into 3-3 thanks to topdicks, perfects initial hands and FACE, FACE, FACE. Terrible.

And the cards are meh. UGH, I'm not playing arena anymore.
Until I need GvG packs again, which will be very soon.

Arena frustrated me for quite some time. I gave up on it temporarily (which is still happening basically) and have been buying Classic packs every 100g instead. Lots of dust, epics, and legendaries since I made that decision in Feb. I've been happier. lol.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I don't do these often, but here's a custom card for y'all:

e99613ab.png

Seems slightly OP, but maybe I'm off. It is situational though, but drawing MP cards seems slightly OP. Like Azure Drake is 4/4 for 5 mana with +1 to spell power and draw a card.

This would be 5/5 with the chance to drop shields and draw multiple cards. Then again they'd have to have multiple shield characters.

Cool concept!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Chromaggus will be insane in dragon pally when the next class card that draws 2 cards appear

If you can get a very cheap solemn vigil, than sure. But I doubt that will be consistent enough. I think people will always play solemn vigil the moment they have the free mana for it. They won't hold onto it hoping for a chromaggus combo.

inky

Seems slightly OP, but maybe I'm off. It is situational though, but drawing MP cards seems slightly OP. Like Azure Drake is 4/4 for 5 mana with +1 to spell power and draw a card.

This would be 5/5 with the chance to drop shields and draw multiple cards. Then again they'd have to have multiple shield characters.

Cool concept!

It's also a Legendary vs Rare in that case, so it could still be balanced. I like the concept.

Heropon

Arena frustrated me for quite some time. I gave up on it temporarily (which is still happening basically) and have been buying Classic packs every 100g instead. Lots of dust, epics, and legendaries since I made that decision in Feb. I've been happier. lol.

I don't really play Arena but I got a strange urge to spend some Blackrock Mountain savings in it. At least I recovered 10 gold this time, but now I can't buy the fourth wing anytime soon.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I don't do these often, but here's a custom card for y'all:

e99613ab.png

Seems like a crappy blood knight. Card Draw is nice, but you are going to be lucky to draw even a single card off of it.

Now, if you simply removed taunt from any minion that had it like a paladin only Black Knight and drew for that, that would be cool.

embalm

If you can get a very cheap solemn vigil, than sure. But I doubt that will be consistent enough. I think people will always play solemn vigil the moment they have the free mana for it. They won't hold onto it hoping for a chromaggus combo.
You under estimate my need for value. I will hold that card until double cards rain from the heavens. It's only a 13 mana combo, what could possibly go wrong?

Rapstah

Seems like a crappy blood knight. Card Draw is nice, but you are going to be lucky to draw even a single card off of it.

Now, if you simply removed taunt from any minion that had it like a paladin only Black Knight and drew for that, that would be cool.

How often does any deck except that weird taunt Druid deck with KT have more than one taunt up at a given time?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
How often does any deck except that weird taunt Druid deck with KT have more than one taunt up at a given time?

Taunts are far more common then Divine Shield (Only 10 cards have Divine Shield, with 3 paladin cards able to grant it, and 1 neutral able to randomly give it. There is like 30+ cards with taunt), and paladin is already tied with mage as the best class for dealing with Divine Shield. If you had a card that could both get rid of taunts and draw you cards, you could get some very viable face paladin decks.

Also, last night I lost an arena match when a Priest on turn 1 played Shield Barer Coin Inner Fire. I simply could not get momentum back from that.

It's not all that uncommon. Any deck that runs Defender of Argus and/or Sunfury Protector is likely to have two taunts at some point. Zoo will throw out Annoy-o-trons and Voidwalkers just to have something on the board. Handlock will build whole walls of taunts. Shamans still run Spirit Wolves. Sludge Belcher + slime from the other Sludge Belcher is pretty common. But just removing taunt from those minions isn't really a big deal unless you're playing Face Hunter.

Hunters, hunters everywhere...

Hopefully this expansion will do something to sort this out, first time in over a year i've actually felt demotivated to ladder.

embalm

So face Hunter kills every boss, right? Second boss down.

Edit: *looks up* LOL, yes it does.
I walked through almost every single Naxx boss using combo priest. The normal modes are setup to let you win. There would be some serious rage if normal mode was as hard as heroic. It would be awesome.

Heroic Rend falling to my face hunter last week was kind of sad though. Explosive trap just wrecked his shit though. War-chief needs to learn not to race.

Edit:
What are the new cards this week? I'm at work and can't check most sites for info.

inky

Well, yea, obviously normals. Last week I scratched my head for a couple of hours building decks for heroics.

I just find it funny how easy it is to get some mileage (quests included) out of this fucking face hunter brainless deck I put together.

Kenaras

I walked through almost every single Naxx boss using combo priest. The normal modes are setup to let you win. There would be some serious rage if normal mode was as hard as heroic. It would be awesome.

Heroic Rend falling to my face hunter last week was kind of sad though. Explosive trap just wrecked his shit though. War-chief needs to learn not to race.

Normal modes are designed for new players with access to nothing but basic cards. Would it really be awesome for a new player to spend their first gold on an adventure, only to discover it's literally impossible to do jack shit with it?

And yeah, Explosive Trap is probably the #1 card in the entire game against Heroic Rend. After numerous failed attempts with other decks, I tried Hunter and one-shot him.

bjaelke

Edit:
What are the new cards this week? I'm at work and can't check most sites for info.

Blackwing-Lair.jpg

Dahbomb

First boss was pretty easy on Heroic using Zoolock (first try defeated). Fight was designed for Demonfire + Zoolock style playstyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom