• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapstah

The Nozdormu bug happened with the Dark Iron Arena week 1 too and everyone thought it was intentional to troll people. Maybe it was back then and the same behaviour is used now too by accident?

Dahbomb

The bug appears if you manage to survive against Nozdormu for 3 turns.

First turn its normal, 2nd turn its faster (though not quite bugged) and 3rd time its bugged.

Heropon

I was playing against a Rogue and both of my Webpinners summoned a King Mukla. I manage to put two bananas in her hand to make her have 10 cards twice and then she burns a Young Brewmaster. I was wondering if for some reason I outmilled a Mill rogue and then she started the Healbot + Gang Up combo. It felt soooo goood.

Dahbomb

Alright figured out how to beat Chromaggus with a different deck.

Malganis + Faceless + Kelthuzad combo. If you get these 3 cards out then you win.

You basically have to get Malganis out early with Void Caller then try to Faceless it and have it survive until KT is available.

Also have a ton of Warlock cards that discard your hand stuff like Soul Fire, the 5/7 charge, Succubus etc. There's a good chance that you discard his cards for free.

Ashodin

meh, I said it was nuts, but three tries:

oYTE0MLh.png

Alright figured out how to beat Chromaggus with a different deck.

Malganis + Faceless + Kelthuzad combo. If you get these 3 cards out then you win.

You basically have to get Malganis out early with Void Caller then try to Faceless it and have it survive until KT is available.

Also have a ton of Warlock cards that discard your hand stuff like Soul Fire, the 5/7 charge, Succubus etc. There's a good chance that you discard his cards for free.
Fuckin' smart.

EDIT: Finally beat him with Lightwell cheese.

Turn 2: Lightwell
Turn 3: PW:S + Divine Spirit
Turn 4: Inner Fire, discard spell cheapener, hit
Turn 5: Divine Spirit + Crazed for a 28/14, Hit

At this point the AI is confused and just starts playing all his draw card spells and Claw/Bite.

G fucking G

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Fel Reaver is a fun card in arena. A rouge just spent two turns doing dumb stuff to burn my entire deck, but never thought to actually kill the damn thing, so I just face and won.

finally finished the heroic fights. had to look up a guide for inspiration on the 3rd and 4th ones.

1)face hunter with crazed alchemist
2)murloc druid
3)divine spirit priest
4)mill rogue

Majine

Banned
I think it's lame you can't execute your own minions. Just saying, I was in situation where that would actually have helped. And it would've been clever.

Miletius

My first 12 win arena! 320 gold, a golden explosive trap (lol), a regular card and a pack, so not a bad haul.

Here's the deck that did it! Was kind of surprised, since I really felt like without at least one mass removal it's really hard for priest to win.
LXrBSQi.jpg

squidyj

got recombobulator from unstable portal which I used to recombobulate an almost dead malygos. It became majordomo and opponent had bgh in hand.

fukkin lawl.

Heroic Nefarian's hero power says it's random. Fucking random, my ass. Back to back Fireballs after I play dudes with 6 HP. No, fuck you and your "random" lol.

Maximo

Useless question since I doubt there is anyway for Blizzard to know but It would be interesting to see If Females Prefer to play any of the Female Classes or if any gender prefered a class. Just noticed a few of my female friends like to play Rogue, bit of jump just more of a general curiosity.

Edit: Ok im pushing for damage with my Oil Rogue, what are the fucking chances that my Enemy drops 2 piloted shredders down and BOTH Spawn Unstable Ghouls at the same time, thus completely wrecking me since I can't get past them with my minions. RNG Gods why!

Iryx

Heroics done, wasn't as bad as I was expecting from watching streams, all of them took roughly 5 attempts. Decks I used
1. Demonzoo w/ Alchemist, 2. Aggro Rogue, 3. Inner Fire Priest, 4. Midrange Paladin

Majine

Banned
got recombobulator from unstable portal which I used to recombobulate an almost dead malygos. It became majordomo and opponent had bgh in hand.

fukkin lawl.

I love that Majordomo continues to fuck up peoples games, even without being in any decks.

I managed to beat heroic Nefarian when he pulled Jaraxxus from an Unstable Portal. I was holding on to Ragnaros's free minion and a few burn spells for the win two turns later. Jesus, the AI is dumb. It traded 50 armor and 30 health for 15 health and a 3 damage weapon.

vopkylll.jpg

Dahbomb

Yeah beat Nefarian first attempt with Ramp Druid. Boss fight was a joke compared to Chromaggus which took like 20 tries.

So far Chromaggus is hardest boss of BRM by a mile.

Hit Legend 50.

And then 3 games of utter bullshit luck.

Played against a Druid who went face up until turn 9 and then just combo'd out. Had both Shades, Shredders, and Druid of the Claw.

And then ran into a Freeze mage who had both Mad Scientist, the other two secrets in hand, Alex'd me on turn 9, and killed me with 2x Fireball and Frostbolt on the next. He had no card draw. No acolyte, no Loot Hoarder, NOTHING.

And then the Paladin with Loatheb, Sylvanus, Boom, and Tirion all in a row.

The worst part is that I go through so much effort to build my own, original decks, and I just get shitty luck whenever I start doing too good.

I lost to Zoo after that, but I misplayed a little there (The tilt is real) so I can't complain about it.

Levi

Banned
0sxSbZh.png

Ahhhhh! I'm so excited. After getting Antonidas as my first legendary on my f2p EU account a couple days ago, today I pulled this bad boy from a pack today on my main account! I guess I'll be playing mage for a bit on both my accounts!

☆*・゜゚・*\(^O^)/*・゜゚・*☆

iirate

maybe majordomo means no more sneeds

I feel like Sneed's was already borderline before Majordomo was printed, and honestly, not a whole lot worse after. The vast majority of the times I've seen the card "miss"(aka Nat, Lorewalker, Bloodmage, etc.) cost the caster the game, even before BRM hit. I think the card is just pretty bad in general, and was destined to fade into obscurity from the start.

Levi

Banned
First draft of a Flamewaker Tempo Mage. Biggest difference from standard tempo lists is no Kirin Tor Mage. That card can be pretty meh if you don't draw a secret along with it, and Flamewaker also has synergy with secrets. A lot of tempo lists I've seen don't run flamestrike, but that card is so strong right now because of all the zoo and patron warrior players that I had to include it.

I'm thinking of putting in Toshley in order to get a few spare parts for Antonidas synergy. Not sure what to cut.

4fwXlK4.png

Edited to add:

I teched in a Kezan Mystic after a mirror match went very poorly. The very next game (and yes, this happens more than half the time if you draw Kezan early vs Face Hunter):

KuroNeeko

0sxSbZh.png

Ahhhhh! I'm so excited. After getting Antonidas as my first legendary on my f2p EU account a couple days ago, today I pulled this bad boy from a pack today on my main account! I guess I'll be playing mage for a bit on both my accounts!

☆*・゜゚・*\(^O^)/*・゜゚・*☆

Congrats!

Seeing this reminded me I want Draenei vs. Blood Elves!

Opiate

I thought Naxxramas was well made, but this is even better. Inventive, creative fights that make ample use of the fact that this is not a standard player vs. player situation and that the format can be skewed and tweaked in lots of different ways as a consequence.

Dahbomb

Chromaggus isn't half bad.

I guess people who played Heroic BRM see that guy and see red because they throw everything at him once he hits the board. I got him to duplicate Dr Balanced but the game was over before I could play both.

Consort into Chromaggus is a very powerful play.

Dragon Paladin has from turn 1 to turn 8 potentially the strongest plays.

Turn 1: Zombie Chow
Turn 2: Shielded Minibot
Turn 3: Blackwing Technician, Muster for Battle
Turn 4: Twilight Drake, Truesilver Champion
Turn 5: Dragon Consort, Belcher, Blackwing Corruptor (soon to be)
Turn 6: Emperor Balanced or reduced cost Chromaggus
Turn 7: Dr Balanced or Rend Blackhand to counter an opponent Legendary
Turn 8: Kelthuzad, Tirion, Ragnaros etc.
Turn 9: Ysera, Alex or Nefarian

It's really disappointing trying to build dragon decks for any class other than Paladin.

I don't know why Blizzard bothered with making a dragon focused expansion and then gave one class a card that makes them the de facto dragon class.

Dragons as a tribe are somewhat restricted to Paladin. The cards themselves are viable in other decks, obviously, but Paladin has the only dragon with actual dragon synergy.

I am assuming this is what he means anyways.

Yeah, this.

Dragon Consort is the best card in the entire expansion in terms of dragon synergy. Since it's limited to Paladin it really makes that class the number one choice for dragon decks.

It's not that big of a deal but it does make trying to build dragon decks for other classes feel rather disappointing comparatively.

KuroNeeko

I thought Naxxramas was well made, but this is even better. Inventive, creative fights that make ample use of the fact that this is not a standard player vs. player situation and that the format can be skewed and tweaked in lots of different ways as a consequence.

I'm extremely excited to hear this. I just finished Naxxramas last night and I loved it.

I've only played the first quest of the first Black Rock Wing and I had a huge grin on my face the whole time.

zoukka

Fireballs, frostbolts, blizzard, flamestrike, pyroblast. Blizzard should honestly just award these decks 12 wins after the draft is complete to save everyones time and make arena more enjoyable. There blizzard, now hire me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom