• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

"Overload" Shaman decks being spotted on Ladder now.

Most of them play the same way... they just have a crap ton of overload cards.

2x Feral Spirits
2x Crackles
2x that new Flameguard card
2x Lightning Storm
2x Lightning Bolt
2x Unbound Elemental

And then the Lava Shock card to unlock crystals. Seems like the type of deck I was talking about with the reveal of this card.

What's really pushing this deck is that Flameguard card. The stats are absolutely bonkers and it being played after and Unbound Elemental is just insane stats. Most classes don't have an easy way to remove it and every time I saw that card it came out as a 6/6 or higher.

Maximo

As a Priest Vsing a Hunter. Turn 2 Coins into Animal Companion... Huffer can't kill it, Turn 3 Animal Companion into..another Huffer..Can't kill it. Turn 4 Concede. Fuck that game.

CodeNfX

We take the competitive landscape and fair play very seriously - A fun, fair, and competitive environment is at the very heart of the Hearthstone experience. Those found to be in violation of our Terms of Use are subject to penalties, up to and including disqualification from the Hearthstone World Championship. Specific examples of such violations can include but are not limited to win trading, botting, and account buying or selling.

A list of players that have been disqualified from the Hearthstone World Championship 2015 can be found below.

XzaM -- Wintrading
Alchemixt -- Wintrading
Naiman -- Wintrading
Damnery -- Wintrading

Just saw this.

Ugh, managed to salvage a terrible Mage draft (no Fireballs, 'morphs, 'strikes, Water Elementals, and a 2-drop heavy mana curve) to 3-3. Open the pack and out pops a Flame Leviathan. It's a big body sure, but the effect seems worthless and prone to backfire. Has anyone found any worthwhile use for it? I'll still probably keep it because Legendary, but I'm curious what others think.

People seem to only remember the times RNG works against them and not the times it works for them. If they actually took the time to add up every single instance of RNG over thousands of games, they'd probably get results showing a near even split.
It's standard confirmation bias. Humans tend to remember the things that confirm what they already believe and ignore everything that points to the contrary. The players who believe RNG never goes in their favor will remember all the times is doesn't and forget all the times it does.

Ugh, managed to salvage a terrible Mage draft (no Fireballs, 'morphs, 'strikes, Water Elementals, and a 2-drop heavy mana curve) to 3-3. Open the pack and out pops a Flame Leviathan. It's a big body sure, but the effect seems worthless and prone to backfire. Has anyone found any worthwhile use for it? I'll still probably keep it because Legendary, but I'm curious what others think.
I have never seen anyone use it in ranked or casual so I'm gonna go with no.

Levi

Banned
Just saw this.

Alchemixt said when he got banned that he didn't know he was breaking any rules and didn't have any malicious intent, but refused to disclose what he was banned for. My reaction when I saw this:

k5h-TT.gif

Rapstah

Statistically, if you know your opponent is going to have more minions with less health than yours on the board than you do for most of a game, then it's going to be a positive effect. In reality, its effect is useless most of the time and maybe useful twice as many times as it will ruin you and lose you the game.

Also it's a boring effect and not the type of cool effect you can be okay with losing you the game.

People tried it in freeze mage (you have no minions and it'll damage your enemies for free), but it made the deck slightly interesting to play, so it was quickly discarded.

squidyj

playing my shaman deck against control wartrior, deal with hsi grom and then he drops alexstraza and I realize "I forgot to put hex in this"

Rapstah

Apparently Flame Leviathan isn't based on a WoW TCG card (or its art) because there was never an Ulduar WoW TCG expansion. This sort of speaks against Ulduar being a future adventure unless Blizzard has piles of good character concept art for Ulduar.

Mimiron's Head also seems to be based on WoW concept art instead of a WoW TCG card. At least that's a fun card.

Edit: There may actually be a lot more of these than I thought. Iron Juggernaut is based on WoW concept art.

Are there any pack-offers out there, that are cheaper than in-game? Amazon and the like?

Amazon still sells coins at a discount, up to 10% off in larger amounts.

Also says their 30% coins back when spending $19.99 or more on packs is still going on but I'm not 100% sure if it is or not. I thought it was supposed to end last weekend?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
cant find the life coach thing

Help

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
i am huge fan of dick

pleas respond

Levi

Banned
Yes, how about we don't share nude images that were not intended to be shared. It's called being a decent human being.

Done with this game.

90% winrate vs Warrior.

Play Warrior.

Muahaha!

Warrior Turns
1. Coin Armorsmith
2. Armorsmith
3. Acolyte
4. Cruel Task and Firey to clear my board.
5. Whirlwind and Death's Bite to once again clear my board

I hate playing original decks. It makes the sting of getting stomped by some netdecking loser even harder.

Mulgrok

You are wasting their time by not conceding. They are showing their annoyance at you.

That is the most retarded thing I ever heard. I guess becuase there is no chat people have to find someway to be a douche when they win. :p

EDIT: "you wasted 10 seconds by completing a turn like normal, and so I will waste 3 minutes in revenge!"

Milennia

waiting to see if hungry dragon will be a staple in dragodin over twilight..

i really love its golden animation and want to craft a pair

Opiate

People seem to only remember the times RNG works against them and not the times it works for them. If they actually took the time to add up every single instance of RNG over thousands of games, they'd probably get results showing a near even split.

Or perhaps they could just accept it and become better players like Soka.

I want to point out that I completely agree with this, but would add that this isn't just RNG I'm talking about. I'm talking about consciously and specifically thinking "This play is fine as long as this particular card isn't played or this specific set of circumstances don't unfold," and then that proceeds to happen exactly.

For example, playing whirlwind with boombots on the board and thinking "this is fine as long as both bots don't hit for max damage against both of my minions that have taunt," and having them do precisely that.

LiveWire

It's standard confirmation bias. Humans tend to remember the things that confirm what they already believe and ignore everything that points to the contrary. The players who believe RNG never goes in their favor will remember all the times is doesn't and forget all the times it does.

I read this entire post in that voice. It was elegant.

I want to point out that I completely agree with this, but would add that this isn't just RNG I'm talking about. I'm talking about consciously and specifically thinking "This play is fine as long as this particular card isn't played or this specific set of circumstances don't unfold," and then that proceeds to happen exactly.

For example, playing whirlwind with boombots on the board and thinking "this is fine as long as both bots don't hit for max damage against both of my minions that have taunt," and having them do precisely that.

It's called playing the odds. Pretty standard for card games. :)

Opiate

It's called playing the odds. Pretty standard for card games. :)

I understand this, it's just frustrating when the odds go against you repeatedly in quick succession. I was not suggesting that I am particularly put upon or that this is an unfair long term trend and definitely agree that confirmation bias is something people tend to fall in to in situations like this.

Looks like Blizzard is cracking heads for win trading again. But not permanent bans this time. IIRC gwall's ban was permanent before he got it lifted with video evidence that he wasn't win trading.

We take the competitive landscape and fair play very seriously - A fun, fair, and competitive environment is at the very heart of the Hearthstone experience. Those found to be in violation of our Terms of Use are subject to penalties, up to and including disqualification from the Hearthstone World Championship. Specific examples of such violations can include but are not limited to win trading, botting, and account buying or selling.

A list of players that have been disqualified from the Hearthstone World Championship 2015 can be found below.

XzaM -- Wintrading
Alchemixt -- Wintrading
Naiman -- Wintrading
Damnery -- Wintrading
link

So, I maxed out my quests and had to complete at least one to open up room for tomorrow's quest. I had some random get 2 wins for 40, 5 Hunter wins for 60, and Kill 40 Minions for 40. I decided to play Midrange Hunter to crank out some easy wins and fully expected to finish the Kill 40 Minions quest on the way there. Turns out I went 5/5 and finished the Hunter quest before the minion quest so I can reroll it tomorrow or have a quick quest to complete in case I max out on shitty quests. Some highlights from the matches include tod-dicking UTH when a Paladin was setting up an obvious Quartermaster combo, top-dicking UTH against Zoo for a board clear setting him up for Doomguard into Freezing Trap the next turn, and pulling a Gahz'rilla from a Webspinner then killing the Rogue's Boombots with other minions to get Gahz'rilla up to 12/5 and then hitting it with Houndmaster followed by Kill Command the next turn for 28 face damage and the win. Then I bought one pack with my winnings and opened a Gruul. He may suck, but a shitty new legendary is better than a dupe rare.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Man, Nefarion on heroic is kicking my ass. Not sure what to do :(

He just keeps spamming flamestrike.

The rule for heroics: When in doubt, roll buff priest.

Lots of bosses lack hard removal or silence, so as long as you get the right mulligans they often waste cards trying to kill your unstoppable force.

Vire

The rule for heroics: When in doubt, roll buff priest.

Lots of bosses lack hard removal or silence, so as long as you get the right mulligans they often waste cards trying to kill your unstoppable force.

I tried doing good ole buff priest. The problem is Nefarian can generate class ability cards and he kept using the priest silence card on my buffed up minions.

I tried doing good ole buff priest. The problem is Nefarian can generate class ability cards and he kept using the priest silence card on my buffed up minions.

I did pretty well with Freeze Mage. I almost beat him on my first try since I was able to keep Antonidas on the board for several turns in a row. It got to a point where I was holding 10 cards, six of which were Fireballs. I couldn't get new cards in hand, because every time I played a card, it just got replaced with a Fireball, so my freeze spells and board wipes got milled. I would've been able to keep the board clear with all the Fireballs, but he rolled 3 fucking Spellbenders. I wound up getting lucky 2 games later when he pulled Jaraxxus from an Unstable Portal and just wasted all his health and armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom