• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daigoro

Loatheb or Faerlina?

Faerlina. trying to construct a deck with taunt and a lot of low cost minions, but i suck at building decks.

im like 0-10 now lol. dead by turn 7 or 8 every game. cant believe they reduce the cost of her minions and her hero power is bullshit. and i assume its going to get harder than this...

edit: made it to turn 9 and got her down to 8 health with this horribly constructed rush deck. can probably do it with some tweaking and a good bit of luck.

playing against ai is annoying. i just want to get crushed by real people. gimme the cards Naxxarraxxass

Visceir

Just when I was thinking I hadn't gotten a legendary in a while and had an awful arena run I got a Sneed's from the card pack, neat~

Faerlina. trying to construct a deck with taunt and a lot of low cost minions, but i suck at building decks.

im like 0-10 now lol. dead by turn 7 or 8 every game. cant believe they reduce the cost of her minions and her hero power is bullshit. and i assume its going to get harder than this...

edit: made it to turn 9 and got her down to 8 health with this horribly constructed rush deck. can probably do it with some tweaking and a good bit of luck.

playing against ai is annoying. i just want to get crushed by real people. gimme the cards Naxxarraxxass

Try Druid.

Something like...

Everything 2x
Wild Growth
Innervate
Swipe
Mark of the Wild
Claw
Savage Roar
1x Ironbark Protector

Chillwind Yeti
Senjin Shieldmasta
Shattered Sun
River Crocolisk

and some more 2-3 drop minions.

zoukka

Fireguard Destroyers in arena
Kreygasm.png

Yo, if someone wants to BGH my 4-drop I'm not too unhappy.

It can lead to some awkward Shaman turns. In any other deck it might not be as bad.

Especially my burst Shaman... :c Only BGH target.

What are you playing?

I was pissed off when I made that post. xD

I'm playing a more aggro Shaman build. It's kind of like StrifeCro's burst shaman he played yesterday, but with a much lower curve.

Rapstah

If I hear Gnimsh telling his funny joke about how he watches so much anime he calls Thaurissan Thauri-san one more time I will actually murder him.

Visceir

I played a Mech Mage that ran Fel Reaver, was pretty devastating. Not sure how great it is with BGH being some common, but it wooped my ass.

I prefer Venture Co. Mercenary. The downside of other minions costing 3 more rarely plays any role as they either have to remove it right away or get punished by 7 dmg. Having some mechanical parts to either switch the hp/atk or give it taunt usually fixes the problems with Paladins and I could always use an owl to silence it if need be.

If they BGH it then they won't be able to remove Dr. Doom anymore.

I dislike ek0p, but he is really getting the donger in this match.

Any Demonlocks running Demonwrath?

With Zoo, Demon Handlock, and Classic Handlock being all Tier 1 and 2, I can't imagine anyone is running them. If they are it's probably only a singleton.

Levi

Banned
Any Demonlocks running Demonwrath?

I'm running 1-of in my Demon Zoo (basically the list Kolento popularized with Demonwrath and Bane of Doom subbed in). When it works, it's so awesome, especially if you can pop your eggs at the same time. It's a dangerous card to run right now, though, because so many people are playing warlock.

Today I'm playing this new aggro Mage list that came from China:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/236634-chinese-deck-snapshot-1-flamewaker-control-face

Flamewaker is such an insane card in this deck. Having two Flamewakers down and casting Arcane Missiles twice is insane, and clears most boards. The deck does seem to be an autolose vs Patron Warrior (Flamewaker is a liability here because it just gives them more Patrons and buffs their Frothing, and Coldlight helps them draw into their combo pieces earlier) but is surprisingly good against greedy control decks. Like freeze mage, the Ice Block gives you time to draw into direct damage, the only tricky part is deciding when you need to start going face. I've found it effective to start using my burn cards around turns 5 or 6 if I've got secrets up, and try to get them into Pyroblast range around turns 8 or 9. I want to sub in Antonidas because the deck's weakness is the limit on damage you can output, but so far I've only had to resign one game when it became mathematically impossible for me to win based on the damage left in my undrawn cards.

Don't starting hands have their RNG skewed to lower mana cards? Thought I read that somewhere. I know I get tired of having savage roar in my starting hand as a Druid.

JesseZao

Don't starting hands have their RNG skewed to lower mana cards? Thought I read that somewhere. I know I get tired of having savage roar in my starting hand as a Druid.

Eh... That'd be fundamentally broken game design, so I think somebody was talking out their arse.

People just mulligan late game cards and keep low cost. It's not hard to understand why people have low cost cards in hand at the beginning.

Dahbomb

What has made zoolock so popular recently? Specific new cards?
Imp Gang Boss. The card was very clearly designed for Zoolock and to fill a hole in the Warlock's 3 drop curve.

With Zoo, Demon Handlock, and Classic Handlock being all Tier 1 and 2, I can't imagine anyone is running them. If they are it's probably only a singleton.
Seen quite a few people online who have used that card in Demonlock.

The irony about this card is that it happens to appear the one time that at least 3 Warlock decks are very strong in the meta game which means Warlocks are all over the Ladder and this card becomes dead weight in the mirror match up. I still think having one of it is very good in Demonlock.

Dahbomb

ok thx dah! I'll have to look at the typical deck and see how much it costs
This deck has been putting a lot of work recently:

20150422044459a0e2s7v83tvjbtf7.jpg

Echoing Ooze is not essential and neither is Sea Giant to be honest if you don't have the dust for the Epics. You can put in a Mortal Coil, Dark Iron Dwarf, Shattered Sun Cleric or Shredder in there instead.

Danj

Priest fails to complete his standard double minion health --> attack = health combo (presumably due to miscalculating the mana needed or something), killed him on the next turn.

Feels good man. I really hate that kind of bullshit.

CoolOff

I see spell cancer-Mage is trying to replace Face Hunter as the most loathsome deck. I'm convinced a lot of the BMing Hunters have converted.

I really wish there was a card that let made you give your opponent a minion. Would be good with Doomsayer to clear boards and Cromaggus to mill people, and Major Domo to kill people. Wonder if there would be any other minions you'd actually want to give though.

Rapstah

My moment of the week: Priest/Priest mirror match. Slow start for both of us, but I eventually get out an Auchenai and use Light of the Naaru on his Northshire Cleric to kill it and get a Lightwarden. It's his turn, his board is empty, and he mouses over a card for like 30 seconds, then brings out the arrow, hesitates for another 10 seconds... and casts Light of the Naaru on my face. It heals me from 28 to full and nothing happens. He instantly concedes.

I guess he hadn't used Light of the Naaru before and assumed it did 3 damage by default.

Dahbomb

I really wish there was a card that let made you give your opponent a minion. Would be good with Doomsayer to clear boards and Cromaggus to mill people, and Major Domo to kill people. Wonder if there would be any other minions you'd actually want to give though.
Would be too good (unless priced high) because people would just give other players Majordomo to kill them fast or use Fel Reaver to aggressively mill their decks.

You could give them Deathlords and Dancing Swords as well.

Hungry Dragon is indeed borderline garbage. Nice stats but you never want to give Hunters another minion to rush you down with and you don't want to give Druids another minion to combo you with. Both classes are played too damn much to consider it viable right now.

Dahbomb

Hungry Dragon is indeed borderline garbage. Nice stats but you never want to give Hunters another minion to rush you down with and you don't want to give Druids another minion to combo you with. Both classes are played too damn much to consider it viable right now.
Also really bad against Zoolock and Mech Mage.

Dahbomb

Any rush deck in general. Eventually just swapped both of them back out for Shredders in my Dragon Paladin deck.
Twilight Drake works well in Dragon Paladin too. Most decks run only one Silence these days and if they silence the Drake then that just creates opportunity for the rest of your deck.

Good follow up to Darkwing Technician as well.

Would be too good (unless priced high) because people would just give other players Majordomo to kill them fast or use Fel Reaver to aggressively mill their decks.

You could give them Deathlords and Dancing Swords as well.

Main idea was for it to be relatively cheap but not too much. I think for it to be balanced, it'd also have to be random. That way you have to have less on the board to be able to use it how you want to. Cost wise it probably have to be at least four mana. Frost Nova + Doomsayer is five total and giving someone a Doomsayer instantly will always clear their board. Since it's better than that combo, it'd have to cost more.

However, even if it was ever made, it'd probably be way to clunky / bad to ever be used. Maybe it'd be better if there was a minion with a battlecry that switched two minions on the board. Who knows, just another idea.

I had quite the game yesterday vs a face hunter as rogue.

Turn 6 I played emperor thaurissan. Turn 7 he played fel reaver... in other words how to turn a rogue into a mill deck.

The fun has begun:

Prep (0 mana), sword oil (0 mana), sword oil (3 mana), eviscerate (1), eviscerate (1), sap (1) the fel reaver, with 1 mana left over.

6 cards played so 18 cards discarded in a single round. Also, the amount of damage I put out was 26 and he only had 3 hp left and me carrying a 7 damage weapon with 11 damage minion.

Woot! My first ever 12-win run in Arena. I'd been to 11 wins several times before and never quite got over the line, but I managed it with this Tempo Rogue deck. Lost my 12th game to a Druid who had a miracle Deathwing (not a top deck, but he did drop to 5 life before playing it) before powering through with 2x Sunwalker and 2x Assassinate against the same Druid in Game 13.

http://www.heartharena.com/arena-run/ug38n7

MVP award goes to the two Dark Iron Dwarves, who between them turned several games and let me push for lethal on more than one occasion, with honourable mentions to the Zombie Chow, the Southsea Deckhand, the three Eviscerates, the two Bomb Lobbers, the two Sunwalkers, the two Senjin's, and, last but not least, the Alextrasza. Damn, this deck was pretty nuts after turn 3.

Got 315 gold and a golden Eye for an Eye as a reward. Straight on to the dust pile it goes.

KePoW

Banned
This deck has been putting a lot of work recently:

Echoing Ooze is not essential and neither is Sea Giant to be honest if you don't have the dust for the Epics. You can put in a Mortal Coil, Dark Iron Dwarf, Shattered Sun Cleric or Shredder in there instead.

ok awesome thx a bunch, I'll have to look at my card collection when I get home tonight

I know I have at least one Sea Giant because I run that in my Face Paly

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
edit: nevermind. Decided to do heroic of this week. Finally got it. Fuck Nefarius.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom