• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vire

I did pretty well with Freeze Mage. I almost beat him on my first try since I was able to keep Antonidas on the board for several turns in a row. It got to a point where I was holding 10 cards, six of which were Fireballs. I couldn't get new cards in hand, because every time I played a card, it just got replaced with a Fireball, so my freeze spells and board wipes got milled. I would've been able to keep the board clear with all the Fireballs, but he rolled 3 fucking Spellbenders. I wound up getting lucky 2 games later when he pulled Jaraxxus from an Unstable Portal and just wasted all his health and armor.

Fatigue druid did the trick for me.
I don't have Antonidas or Tree of Life but I appreciate the suggestions ya'll. :/

Dahbomb

Hey, why has mech Mage sort of phased out of the meta?
It's not? It was hella popular at the last big tournament and it still sees play on Ladder.

Right now there's a lot of flux in the Ladder and probably at tournaments. New cards being thrown in every week, this week in particular show quite a few good cards.

This means a lot of deck experimentation so you are bound to see less Mech Mages.

Once things get settled then you will see Mech Mage surface back although it will still have to contend with the likes of the new and improved Zoolock. I also think Mech Mage is less popular right now because Freeze Mage is a lot better because of Emperor Balanced. Tournament players already gravitate towards control decks so for them Freeze Mage is an easy kill these days unless they know they will be facing a Warrior or something.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I played a Mech Mage that ran Fel Reaver, was pretty devastating. Not sure how great it is with BGH being some common, but it wooped my ass.

Dahbomb

I played a Mech Mage that ran Fel Reaver, was pretty devastating. Not sure how great it is with BGH being some common, but it wooped my ass.
That card is ass and will forever be ass.

Doubly so with so many Paladins running around... if that thing gets Aldor'd then you lose the game.

ViviOggi

Freeze Mage rising again to counter the meta is one thing but when a single new card completely breaks it that's just silly tbh

Once they've played The Russian just randomly empty your hand because from that point you can't play around shit, literally anything goes

Dahbomb

Freeze Mage isn't the only deck to be affected by Emperor... Druids abuse that shit hard.

Though with the advent of Zoolock, Druids have a tougher time these days.

And guess who thrives in a Zoolock meta....

Rapstah

Is Chromaggus' summoning animation just Toshley's animation and Onyxia's music? I guess they put all of their resources into Majordomo instead. :(

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I don't get why some of the bosses have really intricate and cool effects on their cards when we will never see them again, but the ones we will see in play constantly are super lame/reused.

I forget what card it was but the one that basically blasted a hole in the middle of the minion was great.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I thought Rend had a custom animation until the Rouge class challenge reminded me that assassinate uses the same animation :/

Danj

you just wasted a blessing of kings....

Yeah I really screwed up on that game.

Anyway the run is over, I went 10-3 with Paladin and got the following:

S48yGe9.jpg

In the pack was:

Should I go again, or should I spend the winnings on packs?

Is Chromaggus' summoning animation just Toshley's animation and Onyxia's music? I guess they put all of their resources into Majordomo instead. :(

Chromaggus comes into play with biting purple jaws, while Toshley teleports in. I'm not sure how you can confuse the two.

IceMarker

Have they nerfed Face Hunters yet? I'm going to rope every game against Hunters until I see this bullshit go away.

P.S. I'm so fucking glad Mech Mage is struggling, fuck stupid no skill aggro decks.

Xanathus

I played against it a lot today, it seemed to help me every time.

Giving your opponent a minion is a big negative with so many buffs around.

Basically there's absolutely no reason to play Hungry Dragon over Piloted Shredder unless you're playing a Dragon deck. It's about a half-mana worse than Shredder.

IceMarker

With my "limited" Legendary pool, this Dragon deck has me at around an 80% winrate right now (even against aggro, hence the 4 taunt givers), pretty damn happy with it as is!

a0zDzLj.png

Next week's wing is only going to make Dragon Paladin stronger, I can't wait! MIDRANGE DOMINANCE!

EDIT: I had a game where Emperor got to sit on board for 3 turns with Chromaggus and Lay on Hands in my hand. I dubbed the 10-mana combo the "Chromatic Instant Hand".

Lumine

Hah I got my first hate message in a while too. Dude was pissed off I was playing mech rogue, yet he was playing mech druid!

Tacitus_

I was playing a demon lock and missed lethal vs facehunter due to not counting in explosive traps damage buff to my watcher. And then he topdicks exact lethal. Oops.

Hah I got my first hate message in a while too. Dude was pissed off I was playing mech rogue, yet he was playing mech druid!

When people get absurdly lucky against me, sometimes I shoot them a message.

It usually goes like this:

First message = Sarcastic post about how good they are
Second message = Begrudging acceptance of Hearthstone RNG
Third message = Friendly discourse on how they are doing on ladder

Daigoro

been hooked on this game for the past week since the phone version came out. been playing a lot.

bought the Naxxramus set today to get some of those much needed cards but im on the second boss and im getting my ass kicked. tried to look up a few guides but they all include cards that i dont own. (ive unlocked level 10 for most classes, and ive opened like maybe 4-5 packs so far)

first boss i beat the second time, second boss ive lost to like 6 times in a row now.

is this going to be a real pain in the ass? feels like im going to need some serious luck here...

Special C

I like Hearthstone RNG, creates memorable moments for us to talk(whine) about.

Like today, when I killed a Shaman's Shredder and it dropped a flametongue right next to his Zap-omatic. I'm just going to stop killing Shredders when I can, it's hard when you have that 3/2 trade up though...

zoukka

Meh Chromaggus is not playable either... disappointed by all the dragons. Only consort really validates any dragon strats.

been hooked on this game for the past week since the phone version came out. been playing a lot.

bought the Naxxramus set today to get some of those much needed cards but im on the second boss and im getting my ass kicked. tried to look up a few guides but they all include cards that i dont own. (ive unlocked level 10 for most classes, and ive opened like maybe 4-5 packs so far)

first boss i beat the second time, second boss ive lost to like 6 times in a row now.

is this going to be a real pain in the ass? feels like im going to need some serious luck here...

Loatheb or Faerlina?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom