• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I can't believe someone hyped that card. It's a 4 mana 5/4 in most cases or even worse. Card is negative tempo.
I was thinking that it's maybe playable in rogue? Turn 2 dagger, turn 4 Hungry Dragon, 36/52 have 1 health, so that's 69% chance you just won the board. Also backstab can cover the rest minus Shieldbearer.

Maybe some sort of Tempo Rogue with double ERF or something. Someone who has the cards should try that out.

Sblargh

Banned
2 shadow word: pain
2 shadow word: death
2 holy nova
2 holy smite

and I have to wait until turn 4, after a thoughtsteal, to use the opponent's card to remove his knife juggler.

Edit: The holy nova there was a bad example, but then, after I removed the knife juggler on turn 4, I didn't had it on turn 5 to deal with all the other stuff on the world, so I guess that's why I felt it missing.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Hungry dragon is great. We just don't yet have the most important dragon cards (volcanic, corrupter).

Yeah if you just play it as a 4 drop in random decks its worse the shredder, but when I curve acolyte of pain into hungry dragon and use your free 2/1 as food for my acolyte you are going to learn to fear the hunger.

Iryx

Just lost in Arena to some weird bug, to me, it looked like my opponent used Houndmaster on some card in his hand or way above his portrait, no card showed up in the event log, and it prevented lethal since I couldn't target his invisible minion. Then the game crashed for me at the point where he would've attacked with this invisible minion.

Oh well, got a Sneed's from the pack so it wasn't all bad.

Danj

Hi everyone, I have a simple question for you. I have all of the base cards for each class, lvl 10, and I'm wondering what to do next. When I get enough gold I don't know if I should enter arena or buy a pack of cards. Hoping I can get a good number without having to drop a lot of money. I don't mind buying packs every now and then.

Any advice would be helpful! Thanks.

Don't spend real world money on packs, you can easily earn enough gold by doing quests and winning games in Play mode to get those on a fairly regular basis. You probably want to practice the game a bit more before jumping in to Arena. You may want to spend real world money on buying the two Adventures, Naxxramas and Blackrock Mountain, as completing those will give you a lot of good cards which you can't get elsewhere. And everyone else already has all the Naxxramas cards, so you'll be at a disadvantage in Play mode if you don't get it.

Finally, it's really helpful to watch the Trump Teachings videos, the link is in the OP or you can just google them. My game improved quite a bit after I watched and understood those.

I did another Arena run this afternoon, managed to get Mage but unfortunately the deck was really weird and didn't have enough spells, so I only went 4-3.

HearthArena.com is pretty helpful as a drafting tool but it seems afraid to choose more than one of a card, so you often end up with a deck with a looooot of singletons, which is not great.

Here's the pack I got from this afternoon's run:

11IcX1V.jpg

And I used the rest of my gold to get a classic pack:

Aylinato

So I made a "freeze minions" deck for my Mage, absolutely wrecks the current aggro, probably horrible vs control, but I encourage control all the time

Also my warlock deck is wrecking, control

My paladin dragons okay, next Thursday I'll have my true dragon deck, shaman. 4 fire elementals? Yes please

What legendary should i craft next.

This is what i have
Cenarius
Gahzrilla
Vol'Jin
Lord Jaraxxus
Trollwalker Cho
Baron Rivendare
Old Murkeye
Captain Greenskin
Feugen
Stalagg
Loatheb
Emperor Thaurissan
Gelbin Mekatorque
Illidan Stormrage
Maexxna
Mogor the Ogre
Sylvanas Windrunner
Dr. GG
Rend Blackhand
TROGGZOR!
Chromaggus
Kel'Thuzad
Ragnaros
Majordomo executus

johnsmith

remember me
What legendary should i craft next.

This is what i have
Cenarius
Gahzrilla
Vol'Jin
Lord Jaraxxus
Trollwalker Cho
Baron Rivendare
Old Murkeye
Captain Greenskin
Feugen
Stalagg
Loatheb
Emperor Thaurissan
Gelbin Mekatorque
Illidan Stormrage
Maexxna
Mogor the Ogre
Sylvanas Windrunner
Dr. GG
Rend Blackhand
TROGGZOR!
Chromaggus
Kel'Thuzad
Ragnaros
Majordomo executus

In no particular order

Ysera
Grommash
Alexstraza
Black Knight
Harrison Jones
Mal'Ganis
Antonidas
Baron Geddon
Neptulon
Al'Akir

tylerf

After some really good pack luck lately I finally got all the right cards for playing Control Warrior. Met my first Freeze Mage and it was like watching an ant try to knock over a tree. They even stuck it out to the very end of their deck for some unknown reason. That Mage must have been a masochist.

Aylinato

The only thing you get for beating the Heroic adventures is a card back (the one the bosses use). That is, you only get that after you beat ALL of them, from every wing.

I haven't beaten that dragon in naxx, so I haven't even started heroic brm, I like the easy fun games more

acksman

Well Blizzard finally got me to play a card game. I downloaded it on my iPhone and now I'm playing it on my computer. Did not think there would be much to it, but it is fairly deep. I have a feeling this game can hurt my pocketbook if I am not careful looking through the OP.

Hungry dragon is great. We just don't yet have the most important dragon cards (volcanic, corrupter).
Just to add to this, it's pretty good if you already have board presence and can easily trade off the minion. Most of the time I'll have a Twilight Whelp, Gilbin Stalker, or a Blackwing Technician out and the minion isn't a problem.

It's when you play it on an empty board that it's ever a problem. That, or when the other player gets amazing synergy from the minion. To add to my horror stories, I had a minion I wanted to trade with and take out but I played Hungry Dragon first and it spawned a Goldshire Footman. Not quite as planned.

Dahbomb

Late to complain but I want to put the person on blast who said Unstable Portal woukd not get used in Constructed because it's too random. That shit is in every somewhat aggro Mage decks these days. Worse is when it's being used in conjunction with the Flamewaker card.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Just got wrecked by a rogue in one turn who had spell damage + 6 on the ground, then two of those 0 mana hit the enemy for 3 (total 18), then eviscerate on top of that for 10 damage. ffs

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Like, the issue here isn't that I've broken tons of shit because of this game

The MAIN issue is that the money I have to spend to replace all the broken shit could've gotten me more packs in-game

Aylinato

I'd be interested in that, would you mind sharing what's in that deck? Thanks in advance.

2 arcane missiles, 2 mana wyrms, 1 flame cannon, 2 frostbolt, 1 iron beak owl, 2 snowchugger, 2 arcane intellect, 2 flame waker, 2 fireball, 2 hungry dragon, 1 kezan mystic, 1 piloted shredder(for now idk I don't like these), 2 water elemtenal, 1 azure drake, 2 sludge belchers, 1 blizzard, 2 flame strike, chromaggus, and 1 pyroblast

I've never really understood the Hearthstone rage. It's a card game so all you can do is try your best to stack the odds in your favor like in Poker or Blackjack. Sometimes you just get a bad beat.

Leezard

I've never really understood the Hearthstone rage. It's a card game so all you can do is try your best to stack the odds in your favor like in Poker or Blackjack. Sometimes you just get a bad beat.

Some people like to think that when they win it's due to their own skill and when they lose it's due to the opponent getting lucky. They think they deserve the win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom