• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just made a horrible mistake. Used Imp-plosion on a Sunwalker. Did zero damage, so I got zero imps. I realize that's how it works but I just forgot.

It was the only thing I could do that turn anyway, but still, that sucks.

Pooya

Sea Giant is so good in arena. Drafted 2 pyroblast, 2 sea giants, Dr. Boom, 3 Fireballs. Quite a disgusting deck so far. 5-0

CoolOff

I decided to get my Asia-account going after decking out EU and NA pretty decently. First pack from that "get a character to level 10"-mission, Cairne and golden Lavaburst...

Rapstah

What's this story about Amaz inviting people to his tournament that were already eliminated in the qualifiers? Half the story seems to be in deleted Reddit threads and all I'm getting out of Amaz's "official" explanation is that it's "fixed" now without actually saying what that means.

What's this story about Amaz inviting people to his tournament that were already eliminated in the qualifiers? Half the story seems to be in deleted Reddit threads and all I'm getting out of Amaz's "official" explanation is that it's "fixed" now without actually saying what that means.

I'd imagine they can invite whomever they want, even if they try and fail to get through the open bracket. It is their tournament, but also blizzard doesn't have any rules on this that would make the tournament not qualify for blizzcon points. It could come off as a bit shady I guess, but I think only first place gets blizzcon points anyway.

Ashodin

People want to watch popular streamers in tourneys, not nobodies. Stream numbers will be up if popular or interesting players are in your tournament.

So apparently Backspace invited some players to phase 2 of the Pinnacle 4 Qualifier that were previously eliminated in phase 1 of the qualifier. People thought this was unfair (which it probably is). This was fixed by just removing those people from the phase 2 and playing it out with 24 instead of 32 people.

Anyway I usually ignore such drama. Really /r/hearthstone is just a glutton for community drama and enjoys making mountains out of molehills.

The more I think about it, even getting invited into groups if you lose the qualifiers, even if a spot opens up they need to fill, shouldn't be allowed.

No invites can be extended except for seeding preference

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en...2015-hearthstone-world-championship-1-30-2015

I mean, it doesn't say it explicitly but inviting someone to a higher seed after they've already failed breaks this rule I think. It is no longer inviting for just seeding preference. It is just non-legit biased advancement at that point.

The more I think about it, even getting invited into groups if you lose the qualifiers, even if a spot opens up they need to fill, shouldn't be allowed.

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en...2015-hearthstone-world-championship-1-30-2015

I mean, it doesn't say it explicitly but inviting someone to a higher seed after they've already failed breaks this rule I think.

I'm pretty sure the Pinnacle would not qualify for points, given that it'll be 5 invites and 3 from qualifiers.

mxgt

Banned
615492a705.jpg

First golden hero, woop.

Too bad it's one of my least favourite animations. Rogue next I think.

I'm pretty sure the Pinnacle would not qualify for points, given that it'll be 5 invites and 3 from qualifiers.

You also count the people in the qualifiers. The stuff that is streamed is only part of the tournament and the stuff that isn't streamed also counts towards player counts. They do have streaming requirements but they don't need to stream everything.

Why is Twitch still down? Did someone set the servers on fire or something? I need something to distract from studying for finals!

Zemm

People want to watch popular streamers in tourneys, not nobodies. Stream numbers will be up if popular or interesting players are in your tournament.

God forbid we don't see the exact same 10+ streamers in every single tournament! Or that anyone else gets a chance to build some sort of following.

I don't see the point in people like sjow getting an invite after losing 3-0 (I dunno of he was invited but he seems like a likely candidate). Him and Forsen are my two favourite steamers but they just aren't good enough to get straight invited to these high profile tournaments, I'd rather see some new blood than giving people like this who lost in qualifiers an invite anyway

CoolOff

I decided to get my Asia-account going after decking out EU and NA pretty decently. First pack from that "get a character to level 10"-mission, Cairne and golden Lavaburst...

So, second pack, from the first arena run. Mimiron's Head. Yeah.

tumblr_inline_nkrv5o2cXg1r79k32.gif

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Sebastian Fors ‏@ForsenSC2 10m10 minutes ago
Today I qualified for Pinnacle 4 (2nd time in a row),won twitch awards for most cancerous chat and got second place for best hs stream! ggwp

Forsen doing work!

F O R S E N B O Y S

Forsen basically got it because he almost never has any chat rules like sub mode or slow mode. I guess it is a pretty good tactic cause he got 2k dollars out of it. Forsen isn't even on the top 5 for highest mean viewership. I'd imagine if trump turned off sub mode and had unrestricted chat he'd have made an extra 2k bucks.

Rapstah

I made this card as the joke idea for how Knife Juggler could be made more random without being better, but I wonder if there are actually decks where this would be run. Unleash The Hounds would be chaos from either player with one of these out.

9d78ba70.png

Golden Recombobulator makes the creature it turns golden, that's pretty awesome.

Anyway, looking for input on this burner priest deck. I opened two Shadowbombers recently and wanted to try this idea out. The potential for burst is there easily but I can easily say after two games I don't have enough minions and I feel like that is something that should change. Maybe I just need stickier minions that'll deal damage over a long period and survive a bit longer to make it to a crazy burst combo. I'm just not sure yet. Just going to keep testing it out and go from there. Any advice is appreciated!

First image was my original idea, and second is my first attempt at changing things;

Rapstah

Golden Recombobulator makes the creature it turns golden, that's pretty awesome.

Anyway, looking for input on this burner priest deck. I opened two Shadowbombers recently and wanted to try this idea out. The potential for burst is there easily but I can easily say after two games I don't have enough minions and I feel like that is something that should change. Maybe I just need stickier minions that'll deal damage over a long period and survive a bit longer to make it to a crazy burst combo. I'm just not sure yet. Just going to keep testing it out and go from there. Any advice is appreciated!

First image was my original idea, and second is my first attempt at changing things;

Arcane Golems, maybe? If you want stickier minions, maybe Shades of Naxxramas instead? What is Vol'Jin's role in the deck as it stands?

Dahbomb

I made this card as the joke idea for how Knife Juggler could be made more random without being better, but I wonder if there are actually decks where this would be run. Unleash The Hounds would be chaos from either player with one of these out.

9d78ba70.png
Can it juggle itself?

This seems like a card that Blizzard could actually design. They love stuff like this.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
The kind of deck that runs shadowbomber is the kind of deck that's silly aggressive. You need to make the damage you deal to yourself irrelevant, so that means you need the kind of deck that gets ahead and stays ahead. And if it ever gets behind, you instantly lose. That would make it kind of like a shockadin deck. I think you should run a lot of cheap minions and cut most of your high-end and tech cards.

So something silly like this.

QyzMYNi.jpg

Not sure on a couple of those picks, maybe Bluegill instead of Dire Wolf Alpha. And maybe Silence instead of Ironbeak Owl.

Arcane Golems, maybe? If you want stickier minions, maybe Shades of Naxxramas instead? What is Vol'Jin's role in the deck as it stands?

Vol'Jin's good at removing anything, especially stuff like Sludge and Loatheb which everyone plays on turn 5. Things do have a good way of working out, did get a kill on turn eight by dealing 17 damage past a taunt, but I feel like I should have things the board more often. Who knows, it'll be a while before I probably get it to feel right.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I live doing things like this to Hunters

Serious fuck that class

I also really hate that class, it just feels somewhat scummy you know? I just feel hopeless playing vs hunter most of the time since he can kill you so fucking fast and in so many ways.

Rapstah

I was reading a list of medical titles for whatever reason and almost every single one makes a great Dr. Boom parody card.

Boom, CHT.
Battlecry: For each card in your hand, summon a 1/1 Boom Bot. WARNING: Boom Bots may explode.

Boom, R.N. would be the 2/3 version of Dr. Boom.

JesseZao

But now, the dude running a Hobgoblin deck loves you.

Would be awkward. A hobgoblin deck would be running things at 1-atk already and the buff would leave them neutered after buff. If anything, druid is a good class for hobgoblin, so the druid with this card could run hobgoblin and then taunt or trade off the arch druid and have a nasty board. I like the idea that this would make taunt buffs more useful for druids.

Does a Stormwind Champion let 0-atk minions get buffed by Hobgoblin?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Would be awkward. A hobgoblin deck would be running things at 1-atk already and the buff would leave them neutered after buff. If anything, druid is a good class for hobgoblin, so the druid with this card could run hobgoblin and then taunt or trade of the arch druid and have a nasty board. I like the idea that this would me taunt buffs more useful for druids.

Does a Stormwind Champion let 0-atk minions get buffed by Hobgoblin?

No it doesn't, which is good because that would make it not buff 1 attack minions that would be otherwise buffed.

"Play a 1-Attack minion" only means that the card that you play shows 1-attack on the card itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom