• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azzurri

qPNlSd8.jpg

Oh yea, best card I've got and that includes some really good non golden Legendary's

clav

I haven't spent anything on GvG packs aside from my free arena run (0-3).

When did you guys make a decision to buy only GvG packs?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Sigh. My Oil Rogue v Opponent Druid, I have next turn lethal showing on board, 21 health, and all he has is a stealth 5-5 Shade of Nax. But of course he has the force/savage combo and that's the game for me. Later, same matchup, I have 22 health in a really good spot as oil rogue, and he only has a 5-5 Loatheb on board, and he also had the force/savage combo, with the innervate to get that last 1 bit of damage.

I would be ok if it were just something Oil Rogue is bad against, but it seems like everything's bad against it. Any class with weapons are going to get slightly low on health by using them too hard remove, and anyone else is going to have a difficult time getting a removal on every single minion druid has. Face aggro doesn't even work well because of all the good taunt options Druid has.

It's like the counter is to hope he doesn't have those two cards in the top half of his deck, but that isn't exactly a fun counter there. I suppose taunts could be considered the hard counter, but that doesn't help much when the only good taunt worth using is Sludge Belcher, which is a prime Keeper target, and isn't great at removing Druid minions, which is also apparently a necessity if you don't want to be burst to death.

It also didn't help that one of those losses included a Millhouse Manastorm drop from a Shredder for that extra RNG FU, which wouldn't be so bad if Druid didn't force every last bit of health to be so sacred, and giving you very little time to mount a comeback if RNG puts you even a little behind.

Sorry, just needed to rant about that. Maybe it'd help if I ignored Ancient of Lore and Sylvanas and other non-taunt minions to go face a bit more often, and see if they feel forced to trade with me instead, despite my fear of a low health face, since that approach doesn't seem to be working.

The /r/hearthstone community has turned into such garbage with their constant conspiracies and harassment. I used to think this game had a better than average community due to it being a more relaxed game but it's just as toxic as anything else.

Cat Party

Just played against a Lord Jarraxus

Just wow. Who decided to give him that hero power and an instantly attached weapon?

Well, he can't normally use the hero power the turn he is summoned, so you have two turns to put him down before one of those 6/6s can even attack. I got to play with him in the Arena once and it was a lot of fun ("OBLIVION!!!") but not terribly effective.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think reddit's hearthstone community suffers heavily from the issue that the game is huge, but there isn't that much to talk about after a while.

Edit: Just got to play a Murloc palden mirror match. That was interesting.

Dragner

The Problem with Herthstone community is Blizzard's Fault, the whole "Let the community and tournament scenes be ruled naturally by the people" can only lead to drama, conspiracies and corruption. Pretty toxic. The Pinnacle incident yesterday is just another proof that Blizzard needs to step in and take control of their game.

Hasney

I think reddit's hearthstone community suffers heavily from the issue that the game is huge, but there isn't that much to talk about after a while.

Yup, like I'll dip in here now and again, but I wouldn't watch someone stream or go to a subreddit about it, it's just not that kind of game, despite how much I play it.

And so I pulled a Hemet Nesingwary.

Damnit.

Edit: So what are the odds they actually buff this guy? Obviously Blizzard doesn't really buff cards but maybe this is one situation where it's actually warranted.

Dragner

Even when there are things that the community took to the extreme (MagicAmy case), things like what happened with Archon yesterday are good, heck, In Magic The gathering, Reddit cause the banning of several cheaters that were caught on the Starcity Games circuit even the banning of the rookie of the year that were blatantly cheating and reddit was the one who provide the proof.

If the community helps to keep our games clean is good, drama and stupid things like MagicAmy are other thing...

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Just played against a Lord Jarraxus

Just wow. Who decided to give him that hero power and an instantly attached weapon?

With Lord Jarraxus, you spend 9 mana and nothing gets put onto the board the moment he's played. Just the health change and the weapon. That means his impact on the game the turn he is played is generally minimal unless the warlock is near death. So he's a pretty slow card. You can't play him when you're too far behind and he's very weak to faster decks. He scares the hell out of control decks that can't burst down 15 health that quickly, though. That much is true.

Aylinato

Even when there are things that the community took to the extreme (MagicAmy case), things like what happened with Archon yesterday are good, heck, In Magic The gathering, Reddit cause the banning of several cheaters that were caught on the Starcity Games circuit even the banning of the rookie of the year that were blatantly cheating and reddit was the one who provide the proof.

If the community helps to keep our games clean is good, drama and stupid things like MagicAmy are other thing...

Who is magic amy, who is archon?

ViviOggi

They have buffed cards before. Remember 5 cost UTH and old Abusive Sergeant?
Only in beta to push out a well-rounded game, since then they've kept saying that they want to keep card changes to a minimum. You can't avoid some nerfs (although Blizz certainly tries) but there's really no reason to directly buff cards anymore. Bad cards have their place in arena and the ever increasing RNG summoner minions and if they feel an underused card has potential they can just introduce additional synergies or straight up build them into new cards like they've done with Lightwarden and Light's Justice.

gutshot

Only in beta to push out a well-rounded game, since then they've kept saying that they want to keep card changes to a minimum. You can't avoid some nerfs (although Blizz certainly tries) but there's really no reason to directly buff cards anymore. Bad cards have their place in arena and the ever increasing RNG summoner minions and if they feel an underused card has potential they can just introduce additional synergies or straight up build them into new cards like they've done with Lightwarden and Light's Justice.

And in Hemet's case, he will gain more value as more beasts are added to the game. Probably never enough to make him "good" but if there is ever a meta where a Druid beast deck becomes really popular and Hunter remains popular (which is a given), he might be worth a deck slot as a tech choice.

FeD.nL

What the fuck is up today. I only face priests. seriously I hate that fucking class it's 90% unwinnable for control decks.

edit: *goes to check hearthpwn, that's why -.-'

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I still wish they would just swap BGH and Hemet's battlecries. Guy even says GOT THE BEAST IN MAH SIGHTS.

But that would never happen.

ViviOggi

What the fuck is up today. I only face priests. seriously I hate that fucking class it's 90% unwinnable for control decks.

edit: *goes to check hearthpwn, that's why -.-'

Dunno what's on Hearthpwn but Priest has decent to good matchups vs Druid, Mech Mage and (Face) Huntard - essentially the entire meta barring Oil Rogue.

FeD.nL

Dunno what's on Hearthpwn but Priest has decent to good matchups vs Druid, Mech Mage and (Face) Huntard - essentially the entire meta barring Oil Rogue.

Faced three priests and they where all playing a deck with Sen'jin which I found weird. But looked on Hearthpwn and thats why, 22000 views.

KePoW

Banned
With Lord Jarraxus, you spend 9 mana and nothing gets put onto the board the moment he's played. Just the health change and the weapon. That means his impact on the game the turn he is played is generally minimal unless the warlock is near death. So he's a pretty slow card. You can't play him when you're too far behind and he's very weak to faster decks. He scares the hell out of control decks that can't burst down 15 health that quickly, though. That much is true.

Does ooze work on his weapon??

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Do you have any legendary cards?

I have Tirion, Ysera, Thalnos, Baron Geddon, Gazlowe, Iron Juggernaut, Flame Leviathan, Foe Reaper, and all the Naxx ones. I feel like I got pretty lucky overall, especially with my classic pulls.

Some of the more questionable ones still feel too 'new' to DE even if I don't feel very confident about Flame Leviathan ever really doing much. I do have around 1,000 dust so I'm getting closer anyway.

Rapstah

Flame Leviathan is weird because it's so boring. Its RNG factor doesn't make it more fun. it's just a "huh" card that turns into a War Golem. Hearthhead used to show it has three or four unused sound clips that imply it used to have a way cooler effect based on its WoW boss encounter, but I guess those have been removed.

clav

I have Tirion, Ysera, Thalnos, Baron Geddon, Gazlowe, Iron Juggernaut, Flame Leviathan, Foe Reaper, and all the Naxx ones. I feel like I got pretty lucky overall, especially with my classic pulls.

Some of the more questionable ones still feel too 'new' to DE even if I don't feel very confident about Flame Leviathan ever really doing much. I do have around 1,000 dust so I'm getting closer anyway.

I have none, so I usually quit late game unless I have control of the board.

JesseZao

Flame Leviathan is weird because it's so boring. Its RNG factor doesn't make it more fun. it's just a "huh" card that turns into a War Golem. Hearthhead used to show it has three or four unused sound clips that imply it used to have a way cooler effect based on its WoW boss encounter, but I guess those have been removed.

It be much cooler if it dealt damage on draw and then again on play. Free flamestrike? The opponent knows it's coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom