• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

embalm

What are the currently considered best decks? I've messed around with a few from Hearthpwn and stuff but the only one I've felt comfortable and confident with is a Tempo mage deck from EU's #2.
You check out a bunch of sites for their power ranks. Most of them link to the decks. Here is one from Liquid hearth:
http://www.liquidhearth.com/forum/hearthstone/483743-power-ranks-april-2015-week-4

I don't think you can rank the top 20 decks right now though. They all are performing pretty well and all of them have bad match ups of one kind or another. Also the decks being played is changing constantly right now with the BRD adventure still in the the middle of release.

So I would look over a list like that and try them all out if you can. Then play what is most fun.

bjaelke

pQidfxm.png
One of those games.

ZZMitch, sorry I didn't reply when you were spectating earlier (inky was spectating too actually if I remember correctly). Was on mobile. But man, that dude's fucking Mage deck. So close at the end there.

5-0 with my scum Arena Mage though... so all is well. Glad you guys got your spectate quests. I think I'm like 12-0 lifetime when Gaffers spectate me for that "Spectate a friend while they win a game" quest.

Danj

2 arcane missiles, 2 mana wyrms, 1 flame cannon, 2 frostbolt, 1 iron beak owl, 2 snowchugger, 2 arcane intellect, 2 flame waker, 2 fireball, 2 hungry dragon, 1 kezan mystic, 1 piloted shredder(for now idk I don't like these), 2 water elemtenal, 1 azure drake, 2 sludge belchers, 1 blizzard, 2 flame strike, chromaggus, and 1 pyroblast

Ahh so BRM required then, guess I need to wait before I can build something like that.

EDIT: any Europeans around? I just mulliganed a crummy 40 gold quest into the spectate for a free pack quest :D

Cat Party

Did y'all know that lightbomb receives spell damage buffs? I was convinced the game had glitched when lightbomb killed my 2/3s. Makes sense I guess.

Fixed1979

Alright Legendary crafting time.

I'm guessing Deathwing...though Greenskin is fun if I ever want to do a pirate deck...

Gahz'rilla
King Crush
Gruul
Malygos
Deathwing
Mogor the Ogre
Illidan Stormrage
Hemet Nesingwary
Captain Greenskin
Elite Tauren Chieftain
King Mukla
Lorewalker Cho

Christos

I'm guessing Deathwing...though Greenskin is fun if I ever want to do a pirate deck...

Gahz'rilla
King Crush
Gruul
Malygos
Deathwing
Mogor the Ogre
Illidan Stormrage
Hemet Nesingwary
Captain Greenskin
Elite Tauren Chieftain
King Mukla
Lorewalker Cho

Captain Greenskin absolutely, it doesn't even need to be in a Pirate deck to work!

I was playing around with Tempo Mage all weekend and when I saw your post I was going to ask if you were playing Druid.

My Druid win % is insane with Tempo Mage. Mirror Entity can stop really hurt their ability to innervate out a minion. Flamewaker & Flame cannon destroy the Shade. Fire Ball removes most Druid minions pretty efficiently. It's just a really bad match up for Druid.

Mirror entity is one thing, but so is that one 1 or two mana double taunt that shields the flamewaker. Can't get minions out enough that early to take his taunts down and still survive the flamewaker. I have never been burned down so fast, not even by a face hunter.

Rapstah

Gahz'rilla
King Crush
Gruul
Malygos
Deathwing
Mogor the Ogre
Illidan Stormrage
Hemet Nesingwary
Captain Greenskin
Elite Tauren Chieftain
King Mukla
Lorewalker Cho

Malygos. It's almost viable.

Mirror entity is one thing, but so is that one 1 or two mana double taunt that shields the flamewaker. Can't get minions out enough that early to take his taunts down and still survive the flamewaker. I have never been burned down so fast, not even by a face hunter.

Yep, it's crazy. I out-burned a face Hunter with a Flamewaker deck today, and cleared a 6-creature board on a Shaman's side with Arcane Missiles and two secrets.

Great Hungry Dragon disaster story from Arena just there - enemy Warlock has a big hand but is behind (no board vs. 2/3, 1/1, 0/2 Healing Totem) going in to his T4. Leads out Hungry Dragon, which gives me a Northshire Cleric. I use Rockbiter to clear off his Hungry Dragon with the 2/3 and 1/1, before playing a Taunt. Over the next few turns the NSC ends up drawing me 3 cards, one of which is Cult Master. I end up with a massive hand and risk overdrawing despite using all my mana each turn. Really think Hungry Dragon's a card that's much better when you're coming in to T4 with some kind of lead.

sibarraz

Banned
Im now on the camp who think that dragon priest is better than dragon pally.

At least I think that the class cards had better synergy with dragon on priest that paladin.

With Paladin I could never get the upper hand on board like I'm doing now with priest

Cagey

Banned
Are there rewards or cards unlocked for defeating the Heroic challenges in Naxxramas and Blackrock Mountain? I recently unlocked both sets, but it's been a long time since I had played the first wing that was given away free from Naxx and I forgot.

Iryx

Are there rewards or cards unlocked for defeating the Heroic challenges in Naxxramas and Blackrock Mountain? I recently unlocked both sets, but it's been a long time since I had played the first wing that was given away free from Naxx and I forgot.

Beating all the bosses in an adventure on heroic gives you a card back.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I have the spectate a friend-listed person while they win quest.

The problem is I have no friends playing.

Anybody want to help me out?

Quote to see battletag

embalm

I don't run Mirror Image, I don't think it throws down enough pressure for a tempo deck. I might consider it though.

embalm

5-0 to 6-3

This has been happening to me a lot lately.
Grab a chair and I'll talk to you of my 0-3 Rogue Arena run from this weekend and you'll feel better about your wins. The deck was fine, possibly even great, it had Evis, Dark Dwarves, Assassin's Blade, and a solid curve. Nothing to post on Reddit, but I felt comfortable guessing 5 wins.

Game 1 Vs Paladin
We are evenly matched and I gain a slight advantage going into turn 6. He drops Emperor Thaurassin... I have to trade to kill it and drop a yeti and dagger up. He then drops a discounted Sneed's Shredder... I kill the shredder only to reveal Tirion... the game continues, but there is no coming back.

Game 2 Vs Mage
I play around Flame Strike as I'm pretty sure it's been in her hand for awhile now. It finally comes out, but only 2 for 1s. Still not sure if one of their other cards is flame strike I ease back in and play 2 minions. Flamestrike. Only 3 cards in hand now, I play 2 minions. Flamestrike. 3 Flamestikes in a row... I am top decking while she dominates the board.

Game 3 Vs Druid
I pass turn 1. Coin, Innervate, Yeti. I don't have a 2 drop, dagger up. Yeti attack, robo-cub drops. I drop a Raging worgen. He wrath's it. I'm dead by turn 6 as he continues to draw removal for every minion I play and kills me with Yeti & Robo-cub.

I've lost a lot of games, but that Paladin loss stunned me. To have both of your legendaries in hand on curve is bullshit. The two losses that came next were bad, but it was nothing compared to that first game.

Gotchaye

Yeah, sometimes you get some horrible matchups in Arena. I had a 0-3 or a 1-3 recently where my deck wasn't that bad, but on that last game my (presumably also 0-2/1-2) opponent dropped Boom on turn 7 and Rag on turn 8. Sometimes you run into people where you can't figure out how they've done as well or as poorly as they must have to be your opponent that match.

Since I started stat tracking maybe 20-25 runs ago I've averaged 6 wins though, so I don't feel too bad about it.

Playing decks without burst combos can be so boring sometimes. Was playing against a handlock as a shaman without any sort of burst whatsoever, and in the end the match went into fatigue before he conceded.

I've known about this "feature" for awhile now, but this is the first time I've ever actually seen it happen.

c4XY0pUl.jpg

Mistress of Pain drops from my Piloted Shredder, he steals it with Cabal, then buffs it with Power Word: Shield so that it survives his Soul Priest, Circle combo. He even had the chance to kill it off with hero power, but he killed some random junk that I had out instead. He then procedes to hit face causing the chain reaction of death from full health. I made sure to express my condolences several times while his health counted down.

Cat Party

Great Hungry Dragon disaster story from Arena just there - enemy Warlock has a big hand but is behind (no board vs. 2/3, 1/1, 0/2 Healing Totem) going in to his T4. Leads out Hungry Dragon, which gives me a Northshire Cleric. I use Rockbiter to clear off his Hungry Dragon with the 2/3 and 1/1, before playing a Taunt. Over the next few turns the NSC ends up drawing me 3 cards, one of which is Cult Master. I end up with a massive hand and risk overdrawing despite using all my mana each turn. Really think Hungry Dragon's a card that's much better when you're coming in to T4 with some kind of lead.
Yup, you want to play hungry dragon when you have a minion down already to potentially clear the 1 mana random that shows up.

FoxSpirit

Got my basics done, on to Naxxramas.
140 gold open, 1 arena run going.
My thoughts on arena: great way for unlimited GvG packs... but 2 hours for a good run :-\

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
That moment where you lose to the 12 wins final boss in arena when they're only at 3hp. =(

Trying to get my wife into the game as I still level up the basic decks to 10. How badly would I do if i use a basic deck online?

Not too bad in the lower ranks. I would say do all the special quests listed on the wiki and then just buy packs, later on when you are more knowledgeable of the cards and the classes try your hand at arena.

My previous invite from a stranger was full of hopeful messages about my death.

This time around the guy/gal seems pretty chill.

Can't be afraid to be raged at cause you miss all the times they don't rage at you.

All I see streamers playing these days is grim patron warrior.

Goddamn.

And I kind of agreed with that Kripp video from the past week or so about the reward structure not serving the general user base anymore.

Dahbomb

Grim Patron leads to some crazy wins that entertains the stream monsters.

If it's not Grim Patron then it's Frothing plus Warsong plus board wide damage to buff Frothing for like 15 damage.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Not too bad in the lower ranks. I would say do all the special quests listed on the wiki and then just buy packs, later on when you are more knowledgeable of the cards and the classes try your hand at arena.

Which wiki? An official one? Is that the stuff like play 3 games or get a class to lvl 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom