• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heropon

4PMmlOS.jpg

It's the first time I win more than three matches in the Arena. Is this deck particularly good or am I just being lucky? The other cards are Floating Watcher, Boulderfist Ogre and Dread Infernal. I find that Imp Gang Boss is pretty good and the Defender of Argus, the Mind Control Tech and the Twilight Dragons put some serious work.

Edit: Talked too soon. Nozdormu from Sneed's from a "constructed" mech mage.

And then this:

Two truesilvers, blessings of kings. Fuck this.

Not bad, I suppose.

Yay, another Shieded Minibot! Ugh, another Sheep...

TheMink

So i watched the vid that breaks down spending, but i have an auxiliary question of what gives the best rewards?

Like going for the adventures is the best bang for buck so to speak but do you get same rewards as going for 25$ worth of cards?
Additionally if you were to go for just cards how do you decide between the kinds of packs?

BraXzy

I really wish the game had some in-depth stat stuff.

I want to know how well I've done with each class, I want to replay previous matches, or at least view the game in a play by play list after the fact. Thinking like Dota 2.

For what is a brilliant game, there isn't a lot of depth to the stuff outside of the game.

On an unrelated note, I'd like to play people from GAF and my friends list has maybe 3 people on it, so please add me!! :D

BraXzy#2765

egruntz

shelaughz

I want to know how well I've done with each class, I want to replay previous matches, or at least view the game in a play by play list after the fact. Thinking like Dota 2.

For what is a brilliant game, there isn't a lot of depth to the stuff outside of the game.

On an unrelated note, I'd like to play people from GAF and my friends list has maybe 3 people on it, so please add me!! :D

BraXzy#2765

Added. Egruntz. Challenge me ASAP :D

ViviOggi

BraXzy#2765
Won't someone think of the new players

They already have to deal with rank 19 portrait farmers, 3 expansions and a whopping 9 deck slots, stats would literally fry their brains

Asbel

The only thing you get for beating the Heroic adventures is a card back (the one the bosses use). That is, you only get that after you beat ALL of them, from every wing.
Ah, thanks. Thaurissian was the easiest of the three but I still needed some luck. Would of had him beat on the first try with a custom priest deck but I had to 'test' things out. With a relatively even board, I played mind control tech and it took control of the queen. OK, I can aoe his side now. I'm winning, he's out of cards, then he rng's a flame elemental to kill the queen. I proceed to lose several more matches due to making mistakes. Shit happens, whatever. I swear the emperor just wanted an excuse to off his wife.

So i watched the vid that breaks down spending, but i have an auxiliary question of what gives the best rewards?

Like going for the adventures is the best bang for buck so to speak but do you get same rewards as going for 25$ worth of cards?
Additionally if you were to go for just cards how do you decide between the kinds of packs?

$25 bucks worth of card packs actually will earn you more cards than you can get from buying an adventure, but it is a straight up time saver in terms of buying adventures with gold (3500 gold cost, 35 packs of value, over a month of saving). Adventures are huge value for real money (single player content, exclusive cards, and you know what cards you're getting). Buying Naxx straight up is good because there are many cards in the set that are run in many decks. Blackrock isn't there quite yet.

As far as which packs to buy, I'd recommend classic packs. Most of the GvG set isn't considered essential unless you're aiming to build a specific deck. If you're really in a spending mood, a 40 pack of classic cards will go a long way towards getting you off to a good pool of cards (or arcane dust) to work with.

Minsc

Gold Member

BraXzy#2765

Just use Hearthstone Deck Tracker.

Maximo

The new Aggro Mage deck that's making rounds looks interesting enough, might give it a try once I actually buy blackrock.

TheMink

$25 bucks worth of card packs actually will earn you more cards than you can get from buying an adventure, but it is a straight up time saver in terms of buying adventures with gold (3500 gold cost, 35 packs of value, over a month of saving). Adventures are huge value for real money (single player content, exclusive cards, and you know what cards you're getting). Buying Naxx straight up is good because there are many cards in the set that are run in many decks. Blackrock isn't there quite yet.

As far as which packs to buy, I'd recommend classic packs. Most of the GvG set isn't considered essential unless you're aiming to build a specific deck. If you're really in a spending mood, a 40 pack of classic cards will go a long way towards getting you off to a good pool of cards (or arcane dust) to work with.

Thanks a lot, so far im running Rogue and Paladin (utilizing the tricks in the tutorial vid) would you still recommend Naxx?

After playing some dragon priest tonight, I think it has a lot of potential. Twilight whelp has been pretty damn good tbh and since I don't run auchenai, I think it is better than zombie chow. Even when I don't have a dragon on turn 1, most of the time it hasn't been a huge deal and I just have the whelp to enable later stuff and like zombie chow the 2/3 is good even mid game.

Because it is a dragon itself is its real redeeming aspect in that regard. Still, most of the time I have had a dragon in hand to enable it when it is drawn, often then just requiring good timing to play it.

The other thing I like about dragon priest is rend. And ysera is pretty baller of course.

Aylinato

After playing some dragon priest tonight, I think it has a lot of potential. Twilight whelp has been pretty damn good tbh and since I don't run auchenai, I think it is better than zombie chow. Even when I don't have a dragon on turn 1, most of the time it hasn't been a huge deal and I just have the whelp to enable later stuff and like zombie chow the 2/3 is good even mid game.

Because it is a dragon itself is its real redeeming aspect in that regard. Still, most of the time I have had a dragon in hand to enable it when it is drawn, often then just requiring good timing to play it.

The other thing I like about dragon priest is rend. And ysera is pretty baller of course.

4 days until the 5 mana 3 damage, and the 6/6 and neferaian.

Has anyone gotten use out of chromaggus?

Dahbomb

I have tried out Chromaggus.

It's pretty decent, very good if you follow it up after Dragon Consort. If it stays on board for more than a turn it can win you the game.

I think for the card to truly shine you need stuff like Blessing of Wisdom, Acolyte and Looy Hoarder in your deck. At least some way to combo its effect.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Chromaggus has been pretty decent for me if you can get it setup(I have 2x Acolyte so I like having one on board), but I do think I should have a blessing of wisdom as well. Lay on Hands feels super clunky with him in your deck so I guess I'll drop that.

Worst case, it gets removed and the deck has a bunch of (non-BGHable) big threats like Tirion, Ysera, and Emperor. Consort helps a hell of a lot, obviously.

Revoh

Started playing this game a week ago. Decided to try my luck in arena today.. First time I won 5 times with Warrior, then 2 with Druid and 5 again with Mage. Not too bad.
Arena is amazing though, games are intense as fuck

Maximo

I must have a brain dysfunction or some insanely bad luck in Arena. Most I get is 3 Wins yet people seem to be pushing out 5+ without a sweat. Playing on and off for a few months, can climb ladder fairly easily when I have the time. Just man Arena wrecks me for some reason.

Dragner

The best from Dreamhack was Stancifka Opieop all time and his chuckle meltdown after Firebat's turn 3 kill. What a well rounded nice guy ,another one (Alesh) would have raged hard there.

KuroNeeko

Having a lot of fun with Mage lately, especially Duplicate / Mirror Image shenanigans. I think Mad Scientist has the best line when summoned....I love that card.

"I'll show them! I'll show them aaalllll!"

Still like Priest / Druid / Shaman the most so far.

I think I just had my most nuts victory ever.

I'm at 8 health as Mage, enemy warrior has Rag on the Board, I have Antoinidas on the board and Mirror Entity and Counterspell as secret.

He plays Grom, I copy it, and whirlwind, and i counter it. Rag hits my Grom, and I kill him.

I've never been so happy to win

KuroNeeko

I'm at 8 health as Mage, enemy warrior has Rag on the Board, I have Antoinidas on the board and Mirror Entity and Counterspell as secret.

He plays Grom, I copy it, and whirlwind, and i counter it. Rag hits my Grom, and I kill him.

Awesome!

I bet he was pretty Enraged, but with wins like that you just gotta enjoy it even if you lose.

Dragner

He probably lost cause of greed, with rag on board he can just 50/50 kill you or antonidas and probably win the game from there. Also knowing there are 2 secrets up you can expect mirror + counterspell its a classic combination.

I've tried out Chromaggus in Shaman so far. He seems to be great if I can get him Thaurissaned and then play him on turn 10 with mana tide. Also on the rare occasion my opponent won't have answer for him when he's just played straight up.

I've tried out Chromaggus in Shaman so far. He seems to be great if I can get him Thaurissaned and then play him on turn 10 with mana tide. Also on the rare occasion my opponent won't have answer for him when he's just played straight up.

Interesting. Mind sharing your decklist? I've been having trouble fitting Thaurissan into my Shaman decks, let alone Chromaggus.

Mulgrok

Probably had the longest match ever due to insane lag. Every turn went past timing out, but it never counted as time running out. At least I won it!

Interesting. Mind sharing your decklist? I've been having trouble fitting Thaurissan into my Shaman decks, let alone Chromaggus.

The Shaman deck I'm doing well with is:

2x Earth Shock
2x Rockbiter
1x Zombie Chow
2x Reincarnate
2x Flametongue
2x Nerubian Egg
1x Feral Spirit
2x Hex
1x Lightning Storm
3x Mana Tide
1x Baron Rivendare
1x Defender of Argus
1x Gnomish Inventory
1x Antique Healbot
1x Loatheb
2x Sludge Belcher
1x Emperor Thaurissan
2x Fire Elemental
1x Sylvanas
1x Dr Boom
1x Chromaggus
1x Kel'Thuzad

It isn't quite what I wanted to make... but Face Hunter is still a thing so what can you do. The base of the deck is still reincarnate Shaman because I believe Reincarnate just offers so much to the class and that it is crazy to do without (You might as well be running something like Paladin at that point). Emperor balance is a combo enabler, so it fits in perfectly to do this deck. Obviously once you get Sylvanas or Kel'Thuzad established? It is all over.

So Chromaggus? He is basically a decoy to absorb up removal before the real threats come out. The plus side is that if he doesn't, there is good opportunity for card draw and some real valuable cards to duplicate.

TheChaos0

BraXzy#2765

I'll add you in.
If I remember after work!

I wish there was some sort of inbuilt stats thingy but for now if you want to keep track of these things there are some add-ons you could use.

I was doing my mage daily and got 2 legendaries from 2 of my unstable portals. Onyxia turn 6...just after the druid used his swipe on my bait. ;) I hate that card, even when it's on my side. :D

Spuck-uk

Banned
Playing a hungry dragon against a face hunter...that gave him a zombie chow for me to swat for some much needed health.

Feels good man

theytookourjobz

First week playing. I bought some like 15 packs and then the first expansion and just beat it. Should I level all the classes to 10 now to unlock all the normal cards or buy the next expansion? Or just keep playing the classes I like online?

manhack

I was playing a Control Warlock and getting steam rolled by a priest when lo and behold he steals my mistress of pain which gives him a full board of creatures.

I am toast.

He has auchenie soulpriest out and hits me in the face with ALL of his creatures, including the mistress of pain, bringing my life total to 3.

"That was a mistake"

The mistress of pain procced with the soulpriest and caused him to tick down from 30 health to 0.

Not sure if he realized it was a known feature of mistress of pain/auchenie or not, but was amazing from my end.

Dragner

First week playing. I bought some like 15 packs and then the first expansion and just beat it. Should I level all the classes to 10 now to unlock all the normal cards or buy the next expansion? Or just keep playing the classes I like online?

You should unlock all cards since it gives you a 100 gold achievement.

Anilones

I've recently started playing, and have bought the Naxx pack. Should I spend some gold (e.g. totalling ten packs worth) on Classic card packs or go straight into Arena? I feel like I'll be missing out on the Classic cards in favour of GvG by going into Arena mode.

(I've already played the free Arena, finishing at 5 wins, and have purchased one more entrance, but think going for some packs first would be better).

Maximo

I was playing a Control Warlock and getting steam rolled by a priest when lo and behold he steals my mistress of pain which gives him a full board of creatures.

I am toast.

He has auchenie soulpriest out and hits me in the face with ALL of his creatures, including the mistress of pain, bringing my life total to 3.

"That was a mistake"

The mistress of pain procced with the soulpriest and caused him to tick down from 30 health to 0.

Not sure if he realized it was a known feature of mistress of pain/auchenie or not, but was amazing from my end.
I have done that to myself before as a priest not a hugely known thing since its so rare to come across. I just plainly forgot >.<

Special C

I must have a brain dysfunction or some insanely bad luck in Arena. Most I get is 3 Wins yet people seem to be pushing out 5+ without a sweat. Playing on and off for a few months, can climb ladder fairly easily when I have the time. Just man Arena wrecks me for some reason.

It's not that bad when you consider the average arena run is slightly under 3 wins. (Most decks get 3 losses but the number is slightly under 3 due to the few runs that go 12-0,12-1, and 12-2). Unless my math is totally wrong here.

embalm

All powered by bullshit flamewakers :(

My druid main is about to get left in the dust. Only thing I can do is join 'em.
I was playing around with Tempo Mage all weekend and when I saw your post I was going to ask if you were playing Druid.

My Druid win % is insane with Tempo Mage. Mirror Entity can stop really hurt their ability to innervate out a minion. Flamewaker & Flame cannon destroy the Shade. Fire Ball removes most Druid minions pretty efficiently. It's just a really bad match up for Druid.

Magnus

Spectate quest time! And I could also use more HS friends!

#budrickton1762

Same here. I routinely perform poorly in Arena. I'm pretty happy every time I get to 3 wins. Lol

BraXzy

What are the currently considered best decks? I've messed around with a few from Hearthpwn and stuff but the only one I've felt comfortable and confident with is a Tempo mage deck from EU's #2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom