• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Atramedes will probably get wrecked by a Mage with 2x Snowchuggers, Frost Bolts, Ice Lances, Water Elementals and one Harrison.

Miletius

KuroNeeko

1-3 in Arena.

Feels bad.

I thought I had an OK deck, but apparently not. Imp-plosion is such an amazing card. lol

Maybe I'll just be boring and buy packs until...I don't know.

Lyng

That Altramedes hero power. Hope you guys have Harrison for the heroic version!

Also half expecting that the Nefarian Strikes hero power will just straight up murder your whole board on heroic. Don't think I've seen any bosses that really compare to Heroic Sapphiron yet in terms of bullshit like that.

Sapphiron wasnt even that bad. Suddenly didnt feel as cheating as Kel Thusad which was just straight up rng. Sapphiron you could consistenly kill with mill druid.

Dahbomb

I honestly think Chromaggus is the hardest boss yet... harder than Sapphiron. Sapphiron could be beaten with a spell heavy, low minion deck fairly consitently.

Chromaggus required like 10 different RNG stuff to take place for you to win against him and even then he could pull out a bull shit win condition out of his ass. I am pretty sure most people got by him using the Kelthuzad trick because beating him the normal way takes a long ass time (in order for you to get lucky and for him to get unlucky).

Majine

Banned
How does Nefarian (the card) work if you play it in the single player adventures? The bosses aren't... classes, are they?

raiot

I honestly think Chromaggus is the hardest boss yet... harder than Sapphiron. Sapphiron could be beaten with a spell heavy, low minion deck fairly consitently.

Chromaggus required like 10 different RNG stuff to take place for you to win against him and even then he could pull out a bull shit win condition out of his ass. I am pretty sure most people got by him using the Kelthuzad trick because beating him the normal way takes a long ass time (in order for you to get lucky and for him to get unlucky).

Thats maybe the best description of the original Chromaggus fight! It went on and on FOREVER! :)

Hektor

Decided to start playing again. A question about the arena, does it still only use vanilla cards?

No. You can draft all cards that are in the game, except for the brm ones, ECT and Gelbin, The brm ones will be draftable once brm is fully released.

€: nvm the last part, they are already draftable.

Snackawho

Flamewalker is godly. I had 37 damage on the field. Had a Flamewalker and Sorcerer's Apprentice on the field and the previous turn I had used Echo of Medivh so I had another Flamewalker and Apprentice in hand. I summoned both and activated two Arcane Intellects for 1 mana each, drew into a fire ball for 2 mana and two Arcane Missiles for 0 mana. I killed my opponent before I could attack with the minions on the field or activate the fireball but I did the math after and I had 37 damage on 1 turn. This was on turn 7 or 8 I believe.

I will never be that lucky again. I really wish I took a video of it. It was amazing.

Dahbomb

Flamewalker is godly. I had 37 damage on the field. Had a Flamewalker and Sorcerer's Apprentice on the field and the previous turn I had used Echo of Medivh so I had another Flamewalker and Apprentice in hand. I summoned both and activated two Arcane Intellects for 1 mana each, drew into a fire ball for 2 mana and two Arcane Missiles for 0 mana. I killed my opponent before I could attack with the minions on the field or activate the fireball but I did the math after and I had 37 damage on 1 turn. This was on turn 7 or 8 I believe. I will never be that lucky again. I really wish I took a video of it. It was amazing.
That sounds absolutely disgusting.

I thought this card was good (but not godly) and filled an obvious hole in the Mage's arsenal (a non secret based 3 drop) when it was first unveiled. It's beyond that now and people are really abusing it to the point where it's a win condition now.

Man can't wait to go back to see all the bad pro analysis of BRM before it came out.

manhack

Yeah I'm pretty sure secrets and mad scientists are the most ridiculous OP thing in the game.

mad scientists are the main reason for tempo mage, face hunter and freeze mage being all over the meta right now.

Yes you can play around them, but with "free" secrets from mad scientist the tempo gained and mana saved is insane.

Add in Emperor Thaurissan and you are basically forced to tailor you deck to counter them

Edit: just ranting here...playing on my free to play account on EU and I swear to god 4/5 opponents were mage and the other was hunter.

i guess there is always going to be decks that counter other decks and you need to play around the "meta" the best you can...sigh

Snackawho

That sounds absolutely disgusting.

I thought this card was good (but not godly) and filled an obvious hole in the Mage's arsenal (a non secret based 3 drop) when it was first unveiled. It's beyond that now and people are really abusing it to the point where it's a win condition now.

Man can't wait to go back to see all the bad pro analysis of BRM before it came out.

Yeah it's really good. I built a deck around him using cheap spells like missiles and mirror images mostly as a joke to play around in casual but its actually been really fun and really successful. By turn 6, 7 or 8 most of the time I've won the game due to insane burst or concedes. I've ranked up from rank 13 to 9 using it in the past few hours.

Edit: I really think that overtime Flamewalker's going to upgraded to a more of a kill immediately threat as time goes on. Too many people are ignoring it for other minions on my field sometimes until it spirals out of control. The games I've struggled in were the games that the opponent treated Flamewalker as a more immediate threat.

Hektor

just hit myself in the face with a Kill Command. im blaming it on the cramped interface on the phone version. :p

TASTE MY SKILL

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Finally said fuck it. If you can't beat them then join them.

So made a face hunter deck. Then the wins started rolling in. LoL

embalm

Yeah it's really good. I built a deck around him using cheap spells like missiles and mirror images mostly as a joke to play around in casual but its actually been really fun and really successful. By turn 6, 7 or 8 most of the time I've won the game due to insane burst or concedes. I've ranked up from rank 13 to 9 using it in the past few hours.

Edit: I really think that overtime Flamewalker's going to upgraded to a more of a kill immediately threat as time goes on. Too many people are ignoring it for other minions on my field sometimes until it spirals out of control. The games I've struggled in were the games that the opponent treated Flamewalker as a more immediate threat.
I reached rank 4 this weekend with Tempo Mage and Flamewaker is already a must remove.

It's one of the only cards Face Hunter trades with. You do not want another mage to get it through Mirror Entity. Freeze mages have to spend removal on it or they risk never reaching the late game. Druids have to remove it because the extra damage turns small spells into fireballs that remove all their threats, and it also removes Shade. Rogue just removes everything anyway.

The only class that has benefited from it's survival is Warrior. Warrior as a whole is pretty tough to take one with the deck.

Flamewaker absolutely represents too much damage to be left alone. It's like a super Knife Juggler. It has great stat distribution for what you need it to do and plenty of spells to trigger it.

Spuck-uk

Banned
You can spot the face hunters that have faced the deck before by whether they let Flamewalker live.

Those that don't get machinegunned to pieces.

Brofist

I beat him with the Druid net deck, no cheese though.

I lost at least 3 times because of the stupid Nozdormu bug alone.

ZZMitch

I beat him with the Druid net deck, no cheese though.

I lost at least 3 times because of the stupid Nozdormu bug alone.

Yeah Druid is the way to go! I tried Warlock a bunch of times and had no success. Thought the discard mechanic would he strong but its too random and you die way to fast as Warlock.

Beat him my first try as Druid though. If you can survive till turn 9 and Tree of Life you will beat him.

Yeah Druid is the way to go! I tried Warlock a bunch of times and had no success. Thought the discard mechanic would he strong but its too random and you die way to fast as Warlock.

Beat him my first try as Druid though. If you can survive till turn 9 and Tree of Life you will beat him.

I tried the Warlock discard strategy as well. I got close a few times (including getting him down to 5 health with a strong board, and just not having the finish), but you have to get really lucky on the discards. I don't have Tree of Life, so Druid wasn't really working for me. I eventually pulled it off with Buff Priest. He'll ignore your Light Wells if you don't buff them, so if you can get both of them out early, you can keep your health up until you can drop a taunt and buff it. I finally managed to get a Sludge Belcher out and buffed and then got KT out the next turn. Once KT hit, he refused to attack the Belcher, even though he had more than enough damage on the board to kill it. I used Light of the Naaru to heal up, and got a Lightwarden that respawned every turn because of KT. So I was just healing, kill something with Lightwarden, chip away at his health, rinse and repeat until he was out of threats.

On Flamewaker: I was trying out some decks last night, nothing was really working out, and then I had a match against a Flamewaker Mage who destroyed me. I decided to give that a try, so threw together a deck and went 3-0. I blasted the shit out of a Mill Rogue. I got a Flamewaker out, and he ignored it to play Coldlight, Brewmaster, so on turn 5 I played the second Flamewaker, a Mana Wyrm, and coined out Sorcerer's Apprentice and then let loose with 2X Arcane Missles. That's 20 damage in one turn and left behind a threatening board. He played Coldlight, Prep, Vanish, but it was too late, I had lethal with Fireball and Frostbolt.

squidyj

The problem i have with flamewaker is that it promotes a spell heavy deck which can spend a lot of cards and generate.minimal board presence. Without draw it runs out of steam quite easily.

Boba2007

My last four arenas have been 9 (Paladin), 12 (Paladin), 5 (Druid), and 8 (Priest). Glad that the bad arena curse seems to be gone after a long break. Also Paladin is good.

Edit: Also good to see the last wing is 4 bosses. Having only 2 bosses on the last wing of Naxx was pretty lame.

Rapstah

Why are the casters playing each other on the Kinguin stream? I feel like this happens every week because someone always no-shows. I guess they could be covering for a Reynad match if he actually quit.

Edit: Dog and Orange re-scheduled their match for tomorrow. It's always Dog.

Edit: Also good to see the last wing is 4 bosses. Having only 2 bosses on the last wing of Naxx was pretty lame.

That's the benefit of doing an entire raid for your last wing instead of the last wing of a real raid.

Tacitus_

T_T

I pull JARAXXUS, EREDAR LORD OF THE BURNING LEGION out of a portal, play him and clear most of the opposing mages board. Then he has frostbolt fireball for exact lethal

sdgfsdfghhg

Snackawho

The problem i have with flamewaker is that it promotes a spell heavy deck which can spend a lot of cards and generate.minimal board presence. Without draw it runs out of steam quite easily.

Yeah thats generally the only problem with it. I've been running bloodmage, 2x arcane intellect and 2x loothoarder to get around it. I do have games where I run out of steam but am able to survive till a last burst of double fireballs or fireball+frostbolt

A timely echo of medivh helps spot also. Makes you able to reuse your flamewalkers/mirror images to help sustain

Yep, Pally is very strong in Arena. Shielded Minibot is insane for a class common. It's arguably comparable in "pure" strength with Scarlet Crusader, which is considered one of the best 3-drops in the game, and it's a 2-drop! If Pally can get hold of the board and get Argent Protectors, weapons, Blessing of Kings/Might, Avenge etc. into play it can snowball games very fast, and it's Hero Power is one of the best for attrition wars. I think a great part of its reliability is that most of its best class cards work very well with neutral minions (unlike, say, Hunters and Warlocks).

My record is still better with Mage, but if Adwcta and Merps are both convinced that it's #1 Paladin, #2 Mage in the Arena class rankings, I'll defer to their judgment. I'm very experienced with Mage and only got in to Paladin this month.

Does anyone know if a card made by Chromaggus states that is made by him? I haven't been paying much attention when other people play him, not to mention that not a lot of people don't play him either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom