• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacitus_

Ahaha, Unstable Portal is the best card in the game.

I just pulled an Abomination vs a dragon paladin. He was ahead on board but I managed to get his board to die to its deathrattle and hid a mad scientist behind it to also die.

So, he kills the abo, pops mirror entity and puts down a chrommaggus and concedes after I pull double flame cannons :lol

Rockyrock

Just got an iPhone 6 yesterday. Downloaded this first obviously.

The game runs amazingly well and looks great!

IDK if it's healthy for me to keep it on my phone tho...

embalm

The problem i have with flamewaker is that it promotes a spell heavy deck which can spend a lot of cards and generate.minimal board presence. Without draw it runs out of steam quite easily.
I was running it as a pure tempo deck and if I don't win by the time I start top decking then it's pretty much game over.
I don't have a problem controlling the board though. Good 1 drops, discounted removal spells, mirror image secrets that force opponents to play off turn, shredders, and belchers. All of that combined paves the way for a clean board when Boom or Rag drop, which usually locks in a victory.

2x Mana Worm
2x Clockwork Gnome

2x Frostbolt
1x Flame Cannon
2x Sorcerer Apprentice
2x Mad Scientist
2x Unstable Portal

2x Mirror Entity
2x Flame Waker

2x Fire Ball
1x Polymorph
2x Piloted Shredder
2x Water Elemental

2x Sludge Belcher
2x Azure Drake

1x Dr. Boom
1x Ragnoros

Strider

The amount of roping that would happen would be immense. Imagine placing a Defender of Argus with... trigger buttons? Eww.

Nah. I've played Hearthstone with a controller before and I've seen others do it. You just set up the cursor to work with the left analog stick. It works like Destiny's UI basically and it plays fine. Idk if they'll do a console port but I'm sure that's how the controls would work if they did. You wouldn't be navigating through all your cards with buttons.

Nah. I've played Hearthstone with a controller before and I've seen others do it. You just set up the cursor to work with the left analog stick. It works like Destiny's UI basically and it plays fine. Idk if they'll do a console port but I'm sure that's how the controls would work.

Yeah this is pretty much what I was picturing.

Only thing that might be awkward or unintuitive would be scrolling through your collection and making decks. Although being able to skip pages with bumpers/triggers would probably rectify a lot of that.

JesseZao

Yeah this is pretty much what I was picturing.

Only thing that might be awkward or unintuitive would be scrolling through your collection and making decks. Although being able to skip pages with bumpers/triggers would probably rectify a lot of that.

PS4"s gyro pointer would work as well.

Use X button to select card analogue to move it, then X button again to deselect/drop on board. Really not that hard to make it work on console ps4 can even use the gyro or touchpad.

If they can manage to have MtG on console I'm quite sure Blizzard could do a fine job with Hearthstone.

The version of Magic on the 360 was absolutely terrible. It was playable, but the interface was incredibly awkward. And the load times were ridiculous. I wouldn't hold up Magic on consoles as any sort of standard. But I think it could be done reasonably well, but I don't know if it would be worth the effort. Everyone has a smartphone, so pretty much anyone that wants to play Hearthstone can do so. The consoles would just add more versions to support without significantly expanding the potential audience.

Xanathus

Been playing some Control Warrior, I think the standard pay-2-win list isn't working anymore because of the minion power creep from GVG and BRM. Warrior removals are simply too weak now with all the deathrattle minions or minions that have battlecries or ongoing effects (cough Emperor).

depths20XX

The version of Magic on the 360 was absolutely terrible. It was playable, but the interface was incredibly awkward. And the load times were ridiculous. I wouldn't hold up Magic on consoles as any sort of standard. But I think it could be done reasonably well, but I don't know if it would be worth the effort. Everyone has a smartphone, so pretty much anyone that wants to play Hearthstone can do so. The consoles would just add more versions to support without significantly expanding the potential audience.

The deck building might have sucked (I can't really remember) I thought the gameplay itself was fine and never had any issue with it. Which makes me think Blizzard would do an even better job. I don't really think putting it on console would be worth the effort either to be honest. There are multiple ways that nearly anyone can play the game at this point.

ViviOggi

Been playing some Control Warrior, I think the standard pay-2-win list isn't working anymore because of the minion power creep from GVG and BRM. Warrior removals are simply too weak now with all the deathrattle minions or minions that have battlecries or ongoing effects (cough Emperor).
Yup that's what I expected, the less reliable your weapons become for keeping the board in check through the early- to midgame the earlier you have to blow your Executes/Shield Slams, leaving you without answers to the actual lategame threats. Doesn't help that BRM didn't bring a single useful card for the Control variant.

KePoW

Banned
Yup that's what I expected, the less reliable your weapons become for keeping the board in check through the early- to midgame the earlier you have to blow your Executes/Shield Slams, leaving you without answers to the actual lategame threats. Doesn't help that BRM didn't bring a single useful card for the Control variant.

so what Warrior is good now besides the patron dude??

ViviOggi

so what Warrior is good now besides the patron dude??

Classic CW won't become completely worthless overnight but it'll be a lot less consistent, especially since the meta had already become problematic for them before
made a comeback.

Since OTK Warrior was nerfed in beta there hasn't been a single viable alternative for the class so the fact that Dank Warrior works as well as it does is kind of a miracle. That archetype will see tons of refinement in the coming months for sure, and CW will most likely gravitate further towards midrange which we've already seen a bit with the addition of Shredders in GvG.

KePoW

Banned
Classic CW won't become completely worthless overnight but it'll be a lot less consistent, especially since the meta had already become problematic for them before
made a comeback.

Since OTK Warrior was nerfed in beta there hasn't been a single viable alternative for the class so the fact that Dank Warrior works as well as it does is kind of a miracle. That archetype will see tons of refinement in the coming months for sure, and CW will most likely gravitate further towards midrange which we've already seen a bit with the addition of Shredders in GvG.

ok got it thx for details

I seriously hope they make some kind of full agro Warrior in the future

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Is the freeze mage match still hilariously one sided or did Emperor change that a lot too?

squidyj

I was going to get legend this season but then I realized I had to play a bunch of hearthstone.... I got up to rank 3. down at 4 right now.

Is the freeze mage match still hilariously one sided or did Emperor change that a lot too?

Emperor Balance didn't really add a whole lot of damage to Freeze Mage. You can squeeze one or two extra Fireballs out of Antonidas now, but that's probably not enough to get through Warrior's armor.

CoolOff

Golden portraits take so fucking long. D:

Warrior: 339/500
Shaman: 147/500
Rogue: 132/500
Paladin: 81/500
Hunter: 393/500
Druid: 188/500
Warlock: 82/500
Mage: 255/500
Priest: 214/500

NEVER GOLDEN

johnsmith

remember me
Golden portraits take so fucking long. D:

Warrior: 339/500
Shaman: 147/500
Rogue: 132/500
Paladin: 81/500
Hunter: 393/500
Druid: 188/500
Warlock: 82/500
Mage: 255/500
Priest: 214/500

NEVER GOLDEN
You'd have 3 of them by now if you were more focused in your efforts.

Rapstah

This guy apparently knows the consistent rules for when a Zombie Chow saves a hero from death and when it doesn't. If the AOE spell kills the hero, then Deathrattles are not run and the hero just dies. If the Deathrattle does not kill the hero, then all Deathrattles are run before the hero's life is checked again, which means the hero can go below 1 life if something like a Leper Gnome died.

What was the example people were saying is inconsistent a month ago in this thread? I know it was way trickier than just a Leper Gnome dying.

johnsmith

remember me
But then I'd sit there with 6 500-grinds ahead of me, completely burned out on three classes.
But 6 grinds is better than the 9 you still have.

not sure I understand... why do you need every single class to be golden anyway, instead of just your favorite ones?
Personally grinding out gold portraits is the only thing keeping me playing the game. I have 4, with another one at 380. Without self imposed goals like that to work towards I would have burned out by now.

You'd have 3 of them by now if you were more focused in your efforts.

Yeah I have have one (Warrior) with two classes sitting close to 200 (Priest and Pally) and one close to 150 (Hunter) and another a little over 100 (Warlock). Not sure which to grind out. Probably Pally.

Decided to toss Counterspell into my Tempo Mage deck.

Holy shit Counterspell is amazing. I've won so many times just from countering a Brawl, Flamestrike, etc. Seems no one expects it.

Rank 10 right now, highest I've ever been.

Decided to toss Counterspell into my Tempo Mage deck.

Holy shit Counterspell is amazing. I've won so many times just from countering a Brawl, Flamestrike, etc. Seems no one expects it.

Rank 10 right now, highest I've ever been.

Yeah, when I play tempo mage counterspell is amazing. Especially when it's your first secret down, people always expect it to be mirror entity. I counterspelled a lay on hands a couple days ago, I felt bad for the guy.

ViviOggi

Between Scientist, Kirin Tor and Apprentice Tempo Mage can (and does) run almost anything tbh, even 1x Spellbender can be insane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom