• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's a good 2 drop for Priest other than Gilbin Stalker? Currently using Loot Hoarder, which works out alright, but I'd prefer something I could heal.

inky

What's a good 2 drop for Priest other than Gilbin Stalker? Currently using Loot Hoarder, which works out alright, but I'd prefer something I could heal.

Wild Pyro.

Although technically you don't want to use it as a 2 drop all the time. It's much better later.

Shadow Boxer is OK too.

The mech tyson guy (I dunno his actual name - shadow boxer?) is pretty good. Basically a 2/3 knife juggler type guy that can get several procs off holy nova/circle of healing.

Wild pyro is the 2 drop you almost never play on turn 2 I guess if you want them extra board clears.

I guess I'll try out Shadowboxer and see how that goes. Trying to work out a Dragon Priest and it turns out Faerie Dragon sucks for it. Hopefully we'll get another 2 cost dragon at some point.

I've never played as a Priest but isn't shadow boxer an even better knife juggler??
Depends. Knife Juggler is easier to trigger since all you have to do is play minions, any minion for that matter. It even works with summoning spells so there are a lot of combos. Shadowboxer requires damage on anything before it can be triggered. Where it shines is attacking another 2/3 with it and then healing it and having the effect kill it. There's also combos with Holy Nova and Circle of Healing as well if you can pull it off. It also triggers on any healing effect, so if your opponent heals, it'll trigger.

It has potential but it's hard to get it right.

CoolOff

There was an anti-aggro Priest a few months ago that used the Boxers as an integral part.

c82c85f064c200d057c53b99aa6bb9fd.png

It's really strong vs. Face Huntard.

Daigoro

well, i think ive reached as far as i can get on the ladder without crafting a bunch of shit for a better deck.

got to 14 and im just getting hammered by decks that feel like there is no way i can keep up with. 8 out of every 10 has cards that i doint have access to at this point with insane synergy. lots of mech mages and a few face hunters. been almost all mages today actually, a few priests and hunters here and there.

grind it out or bust out the wallet i guess.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
This deck would certainly be good against Face Hunter, but why would you need Mind Controls lol

I guess the idea is that its so strong against aggro you don't even need those slots against it, so just give yourself a tiny prayer against control?

CoolOff

Yep, I played it quite a bit and the MCs are just to offset your complete lack of other endgame. I might've done even better with a standard set of Ysera + Boom or whatever, but the surprise-factor was quite nice actually.

Rapstah

What's up with the midrange Hunter resurgence?

It has almost the same advantages as Face Hunter against control decks, and is way better against the stuff Face Hunter loses to.

What's with tournament decks running Hungry Dragon? Kolento/Orange on Twitch right now and both have Hungry Dragon in hand. I guess Kolento is playing Priest with Shadow Madness to counter the 1-mana spawn.

Sblargh

Banned
Are people less prepared to mech due to BRM? I did my usual "mech-anything-for-daily" (it was mech-rogue today) and was much easier than usual.

embalm

What's up with the midrange Hunter resurgence?
Mid-Range Hunter loses hard to Face Hunter, but has better match ups against other mid-range decks.

Tempo Mage, Zoo, and Patron Warrior do pretty well against Face Hunter, but Mid-Range Hunter has an advantage on them. Since those 3 decks aren't going to change because new cards are fun you are seeing the meta change around them, face decks go away as all the mid-range tempo decks fight it out.

hmm so what is midrange Hunter weak against???
Face Hunter for sure.
I think we are still trying to figure out if Mid-Range hunter is weak against FlameWaker Tempo Mage, Patron Warrior, and new Sticky Zoo Demonlock. My guess is that is the main reason it's coming out again, no one knows how it does against these new decks yet. (My tempo mage got smashed by MidHunter twice, both times I started too fast thinking it was Face Hunter)

Cat Party

I guess I'll try out Shadowboxer and see how that goes. Trying to work out a Dragon Priest and it turns out Faerie Dragon sucks for it. Hopefully we'll get another 2 cost dragon at some point.
Shadowboxer is great. It deals damage even when you heal your hero, so you're more likely to get some use out of the ability. It's one of those cards where people tend to make inefficient plays to get rid of it.

Just spectated a friend's arena game for another pack quest. Joined right as he equipped and attacked with Truesilver champion with his opponent at 1. Quickest pack ever.

It's why I'm running at least 1 copy of Flamestrike in all Mage decks now. 1 Twisting Nether in Warlock is also pretty good.

Could not draw into removal. He had nothing on the board i thought Blizzard was against OTK, its why they nerfed Warsong Commander in the first place.

Could not draw into removal. He had nothing on the board i thought Blizzard was against OTK, its why they nerfed Warsong Commander in the first place.

What were the exact layout of events before the kill? If they used Thaurissan or had anything on the board prior, it technically doesn't count as an OTK. Not saying it doesn't suck to have it happen, but if it takes any prior set up, it's not an OTK in Blizzard's book.

That being said, Warriors still can deal 30 damage in one turn. A free Molten with two Inner Rages, Charge, Taskmaster, and a Faceless for ten mana will deal 32 damage. However, that probably still exists because getting to ten or less health probably counts as set up while most people can probably kill someone from 12-15 anyway.

In any case, maybe Blizzard should redefine what they think is a OTK but with the inclusion of EMP T, I highly doubt they will.

Minsc

Gold Member
Despite losing two games in a row to it, It's pretty crazy the way Grim Patron interacts with the other cards (there's like literally over a dozen lethal/amazing combinations of cards that are no longer that useless)... I think it's the perfect they should aspire to make when designing cards. We need like another 50 cards like Grim Patron that can warp entire decks.

To go from 1 Patron to over 10 through the combination of various cards really shows its versatility. Especially compared to something like FoN+SR, which is the same old boring thing. At least with Patron, you're constantly surprised at the methods used to duplicate them (beyond whirlwind / 2nd hit of death's bite). You see stuff like Slam, that card that makes your creatures not drop below 1hp, and so forth... then the 1/3 taunt deathrattle 1 damage minion, and battle rage drawing like 5+ cards after whirlwind, and so on. It's almost Priest levels of interaction, just this one card.

They need a few dozen more cards like that in the next expansion, so every class has 5 or 6 Grim Patron type cards of their own. Would make the meta completely unpredictable.

johnsmith

remember me
This sounds like it'll be entertaining

www.eslgaming.com/article/are-you-ready-24-hours-hearthstone-1994
The Hearthstone part of the marathon will last for 24 hours, during which four professional players will be challenged to climb the ladder as high as possible with brand-new accounts. Forsen, Savjz, Reynad and Kungen will race to the top with fresh accounts and compete for the first prize of $5,000, awarded to whomever has the highest ranking at the end of the marathon.

I'm playing the mobile version. Whats the best way to get rare cards?

Should I be buying packs for 100 coins or saving them and entering the Arena?

manhack

How stupidly broken is grim patron with Warrior. There is nothing more fun then getting 1 shot.

I think the reality with Hearthstone now is that most decks now are made to either kill you by turn 8 or 9 if not faster through either aggro or gimmicky OTK , burst, etc.

LiveWire

I'm playing the mobile version. Whats the best way to get rare cards?

Should I be buying packs for 100 coins or saving them and entering the Arena?

Save and enter the Arena. You're guaranteed a pack regardless of outcome. If you can manage to win 3 games, you'll (almost always) get 50-55 gold, which means your Arena run (150 gold) actually only cost you 100 gold, which is the same as a pack--but with the bonus of experience playing and learning the game. And if you go higher than 4 wins, bonus gold, cards and packs are available.

Ashodin

That Kripp takes the hearthstone knowledge challenge is pretty huge in terms of exposing how the mechanics of the game vary wildly from card interaction to card interaction.

Cat Party

Save and enter the Arena. You're guaranteed a pack regardless of outcome. If you can manage to win 3 games, you'll (almost always) get 50-55 gold, which means your Arena run (150 gold) actually only cost you 100 gold, which is the same as a pack--but with the bonus of experience playing and learning the game. And if you go higher than 4 wins, bonus gold, cards and packs are available.
But you only get GVG packs that way, so you'll miss out on the base game cards which are extremely important. You have to balance arena runs with normal packs when you're new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom