• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi

Banned
My game keeps timing out. I also just bought a new wireless router. Blizzard's shitty servers or my shiny new router?

EDIT: Turned on Twitch and Kinguin is killing time because Kibler can't connect either. Fix this shit Guerrilla.

My game keeps timing out. I also just bought a new wireless router. Blizzard's shitty servers or my shiny new router?

EDIT: Turned on Twitch and Kinguin is killing time because Kibler can't connect either. Fix this shit Guerrilla.

My games are messing up too. It's not just you. Wonder what's up.

Would anyone else agree that each match is almost won or lost based on your mulligan, especially if you're not face hunter? (one of the things which makes face hunter so playable)

It's kind of disappointing. I think heroes with 35 life might make this game more interesting.

Levi

Banned
Lost two in a row because of server issues. I really, really hope that the servers are fixed by tomorrow's Blackrock release.

Dahbomb

Would anyone else agree that each match is almost won or lost based on your mulligan, especially if you're not face hunter? (one of the things which makes face hunter so playable)

It's kind of disappointing. I think heroes with 35 life might make this game more interesting.
Against Aggro decks opening mulligan is extremely important but in Control vs Control you can generally overcome bad mulligans as long as you draw the right answers at the right time.

Face Hunters can get a bad mulligan too... it's usually something like two Exploding Traps and an Owl.

Against Aggro decks opening mulligan is extremely important but in Control vs Control you can generally overcome bad mulligans as long as you draw the right answers at the right time.

Face Hunters can get a bad mulligan too... it's usually something like two Exploding Traps and an Owl.

That's kind of the point, I guess, and maybe I was speaking on behalf of my Druid main more than anything. For me as a ramp/combo druid with a hint of control I absolutely win or lose based on mulligan. It sucks, because I generally know whether or not I'm going to lose badly within a couple of turns.

KePoW

Banned
That's kind of the point, I guess, and maybe I was speaking on behalf of my Druid main more than anything. For me as a ramp/combo druid with a hint of control I absolutely win or lose based on mulligan. It sucks, because I generally know whether or not I'm going to lose badly within a couple of turns.

Then that's just due to you playing a ramp Druid.

Like Dah said, for most control/midrange decks it's not as important. You should play all types of decks if you are frustrated at mulligans in ramp Druid

I will fully admit that it does not matter for Face Hunter 95% of the time. It's extremely rare to get a totally bad start for Face Hunter. Most starting hands are at least "ok"

That's another reason why I only play Face Hunter

ViviOggi

Nah dude Druid can overcome bad draws unless it's against hyper aggro or another Druid drawing well way better than any other midrange/control deck

Reading your posts I rather get the impression you're simply not playing the class as well as you could

When you don't draw the ramp cheats early you gotta go into maximum value mode to take back the board at all costs, and Druid has plenty of ways to do that

hIZ7WV9.jpg

How is this not completely broken, another fucking otk bullshit move. I dominated him the entire match and the only thing he has to do is fucking use some broken mechanic that needs fixing, Warsong commanders charge buff should be negated as soon as a minion goes beyond the 3 atk.

Cipherr

The spectate a win is quickly becoming my most hated goddamn daily. Everytime I try to spectate something happens. Just now the fucking game crashes and the store goes down when Im about to see someone win. Fucking annoying.

hIZ7WV9.jpg

How is this not completely broken, another fucking otk bullshit move. I dominated him the entire match and the only thing he has to do is fucking use some broken mechanic that needs fixing, Warsong commanders charge buff should be negated as soon as a minion goes beyond the 3 atk.

Daaaaaaaaaamn

ViviOggi

That's what happens when you flood against Dank Warrior lategame without having seen Frothings

It's like old Miracle, as long as they can survive and keep drawing you're not dominating them - it's a pure combo deck, not a board control one

Their entire gameplan is keeping the board somewhat in check with as little investment as possible while finding their win conditions

The spectate a win is quickly becoming my most hated goddamn daily. Everytime I try to spectate something happens. Just now the fucking game crashes and the store goes down when Im about to see someone win. Fucking annoying.

Daaaaaaaaaamn

Yeah i took care of the stupid GET IN HERE bullocks just to get screwed over by broken game mechanics.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Frothing Berserker was always an insane card, it just never fit into the warrior's gameplan until now.

I don't really like those kinds of combo decks, though. I'm running something more akin to an aggro warrior. It's got the same combos but it's more aggressive with cards like Dragon Egg and Axe Flinger. So I don't necessarily have to pray for the perfect setup.

ViviOggi

How is it broken when you can see it coming from miles away

A single taunt, a smaller board or applying high pressure early forcing out their combo pieces stops them dead in their tracks

It's a bad matchup for Priest because it plays right into Dank Warrior's plans, every deck has those

ViviOggi

Frothing Berserker was always an insane card, it just never fit into the warrior's gameplan until now.

I don't really like those kinds of combo decks, though. I'm running something more akin to an aggro warrior. It's got the same combos but it's more aggressive with cards like Dragon Egg and Axe Flinger. So I don't necessarily have to pray for the perfect setup.
That seems much less consistent to me tbh, I don't see how low value cards like Flinger (which I really wanted to like but just can't) can justify dropping the draw when you still rely on the same combos to close out the game - for which you now actually have to pray due to the lack of draw. But maybe your list is totally different from what I'm imagining.

That said the deck is far from being perfectly optimized, expect many iterations in the near future.

SmokinDan

It's no more bullshit than the Force of Nature and Savage Roar combo with Emp Thaurrisan. As with any match you have to be aware of what kind of deck you're playing against and play accordingly.

ViviOggi

It's no more bullshit than the Force of Nature and Savage Roar combo with Emp Thaurrisan. As with any match you have to be aware of what kind of deck you're playing against and play accordingly.
Even without Emperor Force+Roar is the most bs combo in the game tbqh

It improves tremendously with any kind of minion your opponent is unable to clear (and spamming those is all Druid does), the pieces are solid removal on their own so you lose almost nothing by including two each and it's only a 2 card combo to begin with

Good luck reclaiming the board with single Warsongs and Frothings

ZealousD

That seems much less consistent to me tbh, I don't see how low value cards like Flinger (which I really wanted to like but just can't) can justify dropping the draw when you still rely on the same combos to close out the game - for which you now actually have to pray due to the lack of draw. But maybe your list is totally different from what I'm imagining.

That said the deck is far from being perfectly optimized, expect many iterations in the near future.

Here's my current iteration.

g7mOjX3.jpg

I haven't dropped any draw. It's still got the two acolytes and two battle rages. I wouldn't say this form of the deck is perfected but I think it's still a very competitive form of the deck. This is basically the best kind of deck to put Dragon Egg in because you're almost always going to get two whelps out of it.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yeah, FoN/SR is dumb just because it barely matters what the gameplan for druid is, might as well toss a copy of that in so if they happen to be at 14 health with no taunt they're dead.

Atleast normal combo decks are built entirely around it, and with patron in particular there are a few win conditions that are reliant on warsong. The deck is pretty hard to play since if you have control and eat an AoE it's hard to have the draw to come right back, you atleast feel like you make progress if they drop an early frothing or even a grim that you can take out.

ViviOggi

Here's my current iteration.

g7mOjX3.jpg

I haven't dropped any draw. It's still got the two acolytes and two battle rages. I wouldn't say this form of the deck is perfected but I think it's still a very competitive form of the deck. This is basically the best kind of deck to put Dragon Egg in because you're almost always going to get two whelps out of it.
Interesting. Cards like Rampage, Bloodsail and Flinger are generally too clunky for my taste but I might give it a shot.

ZealousD

Interesting. Cards like Rampage, Bloodsail and Flinger are generally too clunky for my taste but I might give it a shot.

Admittedly, Rampage might be one of the cards I cut. Bloodsail is fine as a 2 mana 2/3 I think, so I don't sweat it, as she's still pretty epic if you can get her with a weapon out. The two unstables and the extra whirlwind help with the Axe Flingers, I think.

Instead of being a combo-oriented deck, it's an aggro deck against control/midrange and plays board control against other aggro decks before closing out with burst at the end. I think it's still favored against Face Hunter, there have definitely been games where I have outfaced the Face Hunter because I can establish the board so early and they have to do things like use Kill Command on frothings. Also I definitely go for face with weapons sometimes. I haven't quite figured out when that is and isn't the best decision, though.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I tried an aggressive deck but also found rampage to be super clunky. I ran a single copy of Worgen though just because the times I rampaged him were amazing.

KePoW

Banned
Admittedly, Rampage might be one of the cards I cut. Bloodsail is fine as a 2 mana 2/3 I think, so I don't sweat it, as she's still pretty epic if you can get her with a weapon out. The two unstables and the extra whirlwind help with the Axe Flingers, I think.

Instead of being a combo-oriented deck, it's an aggro deck against control/midrange and plays board control against other aggro decks before closing out with burst at the end. I think it's still favored against Face Hunter, there have definitely been games where I have outfaced the Face Hunter because I can establish the board so early and they have to do things like use Kill Command on frothings.

in general all types of Warrior has an advantage over Face Hunter, from my experiences

Does this deck still destroy Freeze Mage??

ZealousD

Does this deck still destroy Freeze Mage??

Don't think I've gone up against freeze mage with the deck, yet. If there's a warrior deck that does the worst against freeze mage it's probably this one. Admittedly armoring up doesn't do quite as much in this deck as in other decks. But boards are still small and weapons are immune to frost nova, so I'm sure it probably does fine.

Nah dude Druid can overcome bad draws unless it's against hyper aggro or another Druid drawing well way better than any other midrange/control deck

Reading your posts I rather get the impression you're simply not playing the class as well as you could

When you don't draw the ramp cheats early you gotta go into maximum value mode to take back the board at all costs, and Druid has plenty of ways to do that

I've made it to rank 8 with this deck. I think I need to watch good Druid players on Twitch to get some ideas, maybe.

Strifecro just did 45 damage on turn 9 as Grim Patron Warrior... he had an empty board and just a Death's Bite (with 1 durability remaining) to start the turn.

He had reduced the cost of a bunch of stuff with Emporer (for 1 turn). Then he did the following:

Warsong Commander (2 mana)
Dread Corsair (0 mana due to Death's Bite being equipped)
Frothing Berserker (2 mana)
Acolyte of Pain (2 mana)
Attacked with Death's Bite, proccing the whirlwind effect, buffing his Berserkers to 10 attack each; his opponent had two minions on the board, one dying after the Death's Bite procced. This also damaged his Acolyte, which drew into a Whirlwind.
Whirlwind (1 mana) which buffed his Frothings up to 18 attack or something like that.

And just like that, GG.

Haunted

Strifecro just did 45 damage on turn 9 as Grim Patron Warrior... he had an empty board and just a Death's Bite (with 1 durability remaining) to start the turn.

He had reduced the cost of a bunch of stuff with Emporer (for 1 turn). Then he did the following:

Warsong Commander (2 mana)
Acolyte of Pain (2 mana)
Attacked with Death's Bite, proccing the whirlwind effect, buffing his Berserkers to 10 attack each; his opponent had two minions on the board, one dying after the Death's Bite procced. This also damaged his Acolyte, which drew into a Whirlwind.
Whirlwind (1 mana) which buffed his Frothings up to 18 attack or something like that.

And just like that, GG.
Well, "just like that" does kinda downplay the difficulty of setting up this 9(!)-card combo that was only possible with specific preparations done on previous turns and then drawing into another specific card. :D

pretty spectacular topdicking though

Mirimar

Whoever's luckier and can pull off the most ridiculous play wins.

From what I've seen of any of the matchups, as long as Emperor hits at least 1 of the key components of the combo, you've got a really good chance of winning. Usually that's at least 2 of the following: Grim Patron, Warsong Commander, and Frothing Berserker. 0 mana activators are pretty sick, though...

Thankfully, the deck can be tough to play. I've run into it a couple of times and some players have no idea how to use it.

How does the Grim Patron warrior mirror play out?

༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º ༽ºل͜º ༽ºل͜º ༽ EVERYONE NO SKILL HERE! ༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º ༽ºل͜º ༽ºل͜º ༽ºل͜º ༽

Killing a legendary with Rend is so satisfying. His kill count mostly consists of Loathebs and Emperors, but removing a 5/5 and playing an 8/4 is still a pretty big tempo swing.

VoxPop

Made some edits to my Patron deck thats pretty much making it a pain in the ass for anybody as long as I get a semi-decent draw.

-1 Gnomish Inventor
+1 Armorsmith

-1 Slam
+1 Inner Rage

-1 Dread Corsair
+1 Enhance-o Mechano

Rampage is also a good card to keep your card (warsong/patron/frothing) alive.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
One day, maybe one day, a picture will show up in this thread and I'm one of the 'ragers' :(

Kripp in arena:

Fairly dominating position. "He needs exactly Deathwing".

AND IT'S MOTHA-FUCKING DEATHWING.

Proceeds to lose.

Guy was playing dragon pally. 3 fairie dragons and 2 twilight drakes. Along with the big guy of course.

Some salt if I've ever seen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom