• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragner

Trying to remember when I've been this irritated with the game. I am thinking I am not a fan of this meta.

Ive not played ranked at all this season, climbed to rank 6 first day then leave it there, Im playing some casual to clear quest and dedicating my time to playing other games. I preffer the meta to estabilise after all the wings are released before trying to hit legend.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Everyone, no skill here :lol this made me laugh hard

Everyone, no skill here :lol this made me laugh hard

༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º ༽ºل͜º ༽ºل͜º ༽ EVERYONE, NO SKILL HERE! ༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º ༽ºل͜º ༽ºل͜º ༽ºل͜º ༽

Coined it in Strifecro chat.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The early game can have a lot of hard choices and it can be really tricky to count up damage properly to board clear/go for a finish. It's especially rough to try and judge what cards to use, like burning a whirlwind to get an execute out or for more draw from battle rage when it can otherwise make patrons or frothings go crazy later.

You can't just armor up and pass since the deck doesn't function/benefit off of that like other warrior decks that run shield slams and stuff like shieldmaiden that feed into it, and the stuff like sweeping board clear patron takes too long for it to be sustainable to just chill until you draw it. I definitely rope with it more than any other deck I've played.

zoukka

Man the ladder is stale as fuck. Sure there's a lot of decks but they are either aggro or druid. Facehunter way too stronk with zooka and scientist.

Maximo

Man the ladder is stale as fuck. Sure there's a lot of decks but they are either aggro or druid. Facehunter way too stronk with zooka and scientist.
What rank are you? I'm currently getting Dicked around by GET IN HERE Decks and Tempo Mages.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Dear Blizzard,

Drop the hammer at the PC E3 event and announce a big Hearth update. Just needs to be 1 thing.

Just roll out on stage and be like like "Yo you all play hearth! On everything! We listened! Update being pushed now, and you have double the amount of deck slots!"

Then drop the mic and walk off the stage E3 winners!

Spuck-uk

Banned

Tried lightbomb priest or Flamewker aggro mage, or Flamewaker freeze mage?

They all eat derpy face hunter

Dear Blizzard,

Drop the hammer at the PC E3 event and announce a big Hearth update. Just needs to be 1 thing.

Just roll out on stage and be like like "Yo you all play hearth! On everything! We listened! Update being pushed now, and you have double the amount of deck slots!"

Seriously

Daigoro

so, ive been doing pretty poorly at arena since i started a week or so ago (whenever the phone app came out). got like 2-3 wins on my first try, and it was all down hill from there. i went 2 for 12 the other day...

today i drafted with Hearth Arena for the first time. im 7-0 right now. wtf? just getting super lucky on opponents or what?

im playing Mage with a 67.1 tier score. didnt seem like the best deck ever, but pretty good. im a believer.

edit: 8-0 before i ran into a hunter who had a much better start than i, killed me by turn 8.

Kornflayx

Kripp wants to play Hungry Dragon, says "please don't get Dust Devil". Plays it next turn, opponent gets Dust Devil for lethal.

This is the game we play, guys

ViviOggi

Kripp wants to play Hungry Dragon, says "please don't get Dust Devil". Plays it next turn, opponent gets Dust Devil for lethal.

That salt ran deep his voice was actually shaking for minutes after

His opponent also had Bloodlust and to top it off it was the first game of the run

Magnus

Having a terrible, depressing morning after some lousy news last night.

I need a perk up - the final wing releasing today will do just fine. YAY.

Mirimar

That salt ran deep his voice was actually shaking for minutes after

His opponent also had Bloodlust and to top it off it was the first game of the run

Never lucky? I don't even see how he pulled off 6 wins with that deck now. Lots of crazy rng going in his favor. That sylvanas grab, lol

zoukka

I love how every passing expansion further solidifies the dominance of mage in arena. Now they have an insane 3-drop that synergises with everything beginning from the coin!

ViviOggi

Lifecoach is streaming again, the name of his stream? "Hearthstone hardcore laddering" lmao

ZPVQOOz.gif

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Kripp in arena:

Fairly dominating position. "He needs exactly Deathwing".

AND IT'S MOTHA-FUCKING DEATHWING.

Proceeds to lose.

Guy was playing dragon pally. 3 fairie dragons and 2 twilight drakes. Along with the big guy of course.

Some salt if I've ever seen it.

LOL you have the timestamp for that? i just wanna witness the salt.

Lumine

Dear Blizzard,

Only double? Well at this point I'd take any amount I suppose. It's the only thing almost as frustrating as the RNG. :p
Seriously though, I kind of wish they would just add 10 pages of slots, so we have 99 slots total to use. Or, as a friend of mine suggested, give us a page of slots for each class (81 total). I honestly do not understand why they're so hesitant about adding slots. Their old excuse of it possibly making the game less accessible to newcomers does not make sense anymore, if it ever did.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I love how every passing expansion further solidifies the dominance of mage in arena. Now they have an insane 3-drop that synergises with everything beginning from the coin!

Its a rare and spells aren't common in arena. I'd still rather have a spider tank.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Only double? Well at this point I'd take any amount I suppose. It's the only thing almost as frustrating as the RNG. :p
Seriously though, I kind of wish they would just add 10 pages of slots, so we have 99 slots total to use. Or, as a friend of mine suggested, give us a page of slots for each class (81 total). I honestly do not understand why they're so hesitant about adding slots. Their old excuse of it possibly making the game less accessible to newcomers does not make sense anymore, if it ever did.

Hey I'm starting small. :p

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Here's the match from the start and here's just that moment. The whole match is worth it though to see how it weirdly fit the theme of the pally deck even though it was arena.

Thanks man, gonna watch the whole thing.

I wonder if this moment is also on the stream above.

zoukka

Its a rare and spells aren't common in arena. I'd still rather have a spider tank.

Spells aren't rare when you drafted mage... and yes did I state that it's absolutely the best 3-drop? It's another great card for mage arena pool which wasn't ridiculous enough already?

Dahbomb

Mages will always be good in Arena as long as Flamestrike is a standard card non Rare/Epic card for Mage.

In any case... FINAL WEEK OF BRM BOYS!!! In 20 minutes all the cards for the expansion will be unlocked...

Special C

Shenanigans! I was 4-2 in arena when I had a weird disconnect. Logged back on and I was still at 4-2. I proceed to play and win my next match. Goes back to arena screen and puts me at 4-3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom