• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Whooped first boss with Face Hunter... already ahead of Kripp!

Whooped 2nd boss with Face Hunter as well.

Whooped 3rd boss with Face Hunter.

Magnus

Nefarian fight is the LOLz. Great mini surprise, even as someone who played WoW and wiped to him in the same manner back in the day, haha.

Got creamed at the end by those skeletons. Priest. Time to try again!

ONE DAMAGE IS JUST THE BEGINNING

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Nefarain was pretty hard, beat him with a Malygos Freeze mage. Luckily the AI is dumb and doesn't seem to get Ice Block.

Sande

The more I think about the mandatory GvG pack with arena, the less sense it makes. Basically you're paying 50g for arena and an extra 100g for a GvG pack whether you want one or not. I'd rather get vanilla packs so I just don't play much arena, even though I'd like to.

Tacitus_

The more I think about the mandatory GvG pack with arena, the less sense it makes. Basically you're paying 50g for arena and an extra 100g for a GvG pack whether you want one or not. I'd rather get vanilla packs so I just don't play much arena, even though I'd like to.

While it would be better to offer you a choice of which set you want a pack from, I don't personally mind too much. Classic packs are practically dust for me currently as I'm only missing legendaries and epics. Obviously newer players don't have this dilemma.

Danj

After the queue issues finally went away I did some quests and got this pack today:

qgGk2UO.jpg

Dahbomb

All Heroics down, Handlock/Zoolock did a ton of work this wing.

Changed my Dragon Deck around... put in 1x Solemn Vigil, 1x Volcanic Drake, 1x Dragon Corruptor and Nefarian instead of Ysera, Twilight Drakes and Azure Drakes.

Let's see how these cards perform.

Dahbomb

Nefarian has already lost me 3 games when I played him.

Fucking BGH man... and all times I got crap spells from the other class. Performance of Ysera has been way better than Nef thus far.

Solemn Vigil on the other hand is GODLIKE.

Nefarian has already lost me 3 games when I played him.

Fucking BGH man... and all times I got crap spells from the other class. Performance of Ysera has been way better than Nef thus far.

Solemn Vigil on the other hand is GODLIKE.

Yep. Pally staple. Just too damn good. SG after a Consecrate is mmm.

Using a Nefarian against a Mage is delicious as well. lol

Priest steals my Swipe with Mind Vision on turn 1 and makes a huge game turning swing on turn 4 with it. I'm annoyed and expect to lose, trailing big time on the board, only for the Priest to turn around and give me a massive Swipe + Hero Power on turn 6 to turn the game for good. Swipe giveth, and taketh away.

Magnus

Priest steals my Swipe with Mind Vision on turn 1 and makes a huge game turning swing on turn 4 with it. I'm annoyed and expect to lose, trailing big time on the board, only for the Priest to turn around and give me a massive Swipe + Hero Power on turn 6 to turn the game for good. Swipe giveth, and taketh away.

How did he give the Swipe back to you?

Or do you mean that you basically used your own Swipe on Turn 6 and turned the game back for yourself?

Tacitus_

Hmmh, got to rank 5 this reset. Next month is arena time so that'll probably stick for a while as my personal best... unless I get the itching to play more tempo mage,

I'm putting in work with that deck. Nobody so far has had an answer for Doomsayer and when the board clears, I put down a Volcanic Drake, use Solemn Vigil, or even both.

Dahbomb

My 5 uses of Nefarian thus far have yielded me:

Paladin 1 : Blessed Champion, Blessing of Wisdom
Druid : Naturalize, Tree of Life
Warlock : Corruption, Sense Demons
Hunter : Call Beasts, Flare
Paladin 2 : Blessing of Might, Divine Shield

In all those situations those cards were useless. Fuck Nefarian! And 3 out 5 times he got BGH'd.

Both Ysera and Chromaggus are just better than him. If these two cards survive they keep giving you value and can win you the game... Nefarian can survive and still lose you the game if you get crap spells. It's not like he keeps giving you spells.

And gonna say again that Solemn Vigil is godlike for Paladin and is most probably a staple card for them.

Dahbomb

I am unsure on Volcanic Drake and Corruptor right now.

There have been a few times where I got a board clear and got a Drake out for free. Problem is that the 4 health is too low, it almost always gets removed. It has never provided me with actual value, just some face damage before it dies to a cheap spell. I honestly feel that this card is in the same boat as Rend Blackhand where if it had 5 health it would be too good but at 4 health it dies a bit too easily so the cards are just good/decent not godly.

Corruptor I have been unable to activate it, it has been dead in my hand. This is weird because I very often get to activate Rend and that is more situational. Needs more testing but certainly this card was used against me by other Dragon Paladin decks and it did some work.

Threw together the stupidest Dragon-ish Shaman deck because last day of season. Won 6 games in a row. At Legend. :l

Lost to control Warrior with both Shield Slams in his opening. :l

When people play Face Hunter at Legend....

So, any tips for heroic Maloriak?

Not having much luck.
I copied Kripp's deck which is hand/demon lockish with moltens, BGHs, Eggs for insta 4/4, Arguses, Shadowflames, Facelesses, and some others.

Just cleared Heroic. Last boss we were both in fatigue and I won with 1 hp left using a modified Mill Rogue with Betrayals and Aboms to clear his shit better.

I copied Kripp's deck which is hand/demon lockish with moltens, BGHs, Eggs for insta 4/4, Arguses, Shadowflames, Facelesses, and some others.

Just cleared Heroic. Last boss we were both in fatigue and I won with 1 hp left using a modified Mill Rogue with Betrayals and Aboms to clear his shit better.

Thanks, ended up barely beating him with a Demolock deck. Floating Watcher was actually the MVP believe or not. Although a well timed Mal'Ganis probably saved me.

Ah... the mysterious Rank 3 Mech Rogue with every card they need. He never knew what hit him when I had the fantastic Windfury, Windfury, Unbound Elemental hand.

Rapstah

The voice acting for almost all the BRM cards is top notch. A lot of weird voice modulation for the dragon cards. The only card I think sounds bad is Ragnaros, but no one is going to use Majordomo so it's fine. Majordomo sounds fine.

Oscar

Came back from a loooong break (Didn't even mess with GvG), and just bought Blackrock Mountain.

Grim Patron Warrior is such a fun deck. It's the combo deck I've waiting for Warriors to be able to use, Control Warrior was getting stale for me when I left.

Man this Blackrock Brawl is hilarious. Gaara is so salty because Reckful managed to lose against a freeze mage when they were running double Kezan.

Rapstah

Man this Blackrock Brawl is hilarious. Gaara is so salty because Reckful managed to lose against a freeze mage when they were running double Kezan.

It's so hard to watch with the two streams. Like, I can watch the people who are probably good and will discuss plays in the way the tournament intended or the people who currently hate each other. I can't choose one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom