• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump is playing Dragon Pally now on ladder and has called it a disaster about 5 times now. He's pretty salty and said he has never been more wrong in his predictions before.

Xanathus

Trump is playing Dragon Pally now on ladder and has called it a disaster about 5 times now. He's pretty salty and said he has never been more wrong in his predictions before.

Trump is pretty terrible in predictions or meta analysis, don't bother with any of this opinions.

How did he give the Swipe back to you?

Or do you mean that you basically used your own Swipe on Turn 6 and turned the game back for yourself?

When I said "steal", I mean "copied". Mind Vision just gives him a copy of a random card in his opponent's hand (in this case Swipe). He knew I had Swipe since he got it with his MV, but (I assume) completely forgot and played right in to it.

Iryx

Damn it, Maloriak is so frustrating, just had him play his coin + win game card on turn 1 5 games in a row, easily the hardest/worst Heroic boss for me.

Damn it, Maloriak is so frustrating, just had him play his coin + win game card on turn 1 5 games in a row, easily the hardest/worst Heroic boss for me.
I got pretty lucky and had both Moltens and Argus in hand on turn 4 when I was sub 10hp. I was able to recover but was really low for a while until I drew Healbot.

If he started with the charge bullshit I just conceded. Ain't nobody got time for that!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
How do I beat last Nefarian?

Combo Priest seems to be an easy way. Get a deathlord up with Kel'Thu'Zad, wait until you get enough buff cards to buff the Death Lord to do 40+ damage (Bunch of HP buffs and Inner Fire), and kill him in one blow.

I beat him with Malygos Freeze Mage, and killed his main body in a single combo after getting Thaurissan to lower the cost of a few cards. The initial 25 damage was a bit hard to do, but after that it smooth sailing.

manhack

Interesting. Definitely thought dragon paladin would be legit.

In the meantime I'm enjoying the hell out of dragon warlock...board sweepers + cost less mechanics? Yes please.

Haven't had a chance to play too much today. How is Dragon Priest shaping up so far now that all the cards are out? Are Sorcerers as good as initially thought?

Just came back from a long HS break and my first booster got me

Hearthstone_Screenshot_04_30_15_19_37_04.jpg

So, is Vol'jin any good?

Edit: Nevermind, dusted him and crafted Al'Akir the Windlord.

Iryx

All Heroics done!
Overall for BRM, the normals and class challenges were great. The Heroics were pretty mixed in enjoyment, and it's pretty much the same issues that existed for Naxx where if the boss plays X card or you don't draw X counter card on turn 2 you just lose or fall too far behind. I think I was pretty lucky for the Heorics, only Maloriak and Thaurissan required more than five tries for me. Favourite heroic boss was probably Baron Geddon.

I wonder if their next adventure will follow the same pattern, I hope they will make some changes though, having BRM being pretty much a copy of Naxx was pretty boring.

Volimar

Hey guys, I know I'm lttp here, but I still haven't done the spectating quest yet. I'm Volimar #1455. Feel free to add me.

Interesting. Definitely thought dragon paladin would be legit.

It was always going to be way too slow. Sure if you can get all your dragons out you are in business... But that pretty much applies to every late game deck. Seeing as how Paladin already has great options in this regard it doesn't add much to the class.

Druid has potential to ramp into dragons, but this isn't better than the regular cards. That just leaves Dragon Priest as a serious option... But that is just like death rattle priest. It was good more because any other priest types are crap to other classes by comparison.

Emperor balanced seems like the only real shift to me and I don't think it is a positive one. Meanwhile dr boom still reigns supreme.

Haunted

I'm glad Hungry Dragon was exposed as the trash card it truly is.

I think the Dragondin is a solid control deck with some cool synergies - but exploiting all these dragon synergies over the course of a game takes time. Too much time in this facehunter/mech mage/zoolock meta. I'm looking forward to Blizzard hopefully slowing down the game a bit more and making slower decks more viable again.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I am liking solemn vigil way more than expected. Had a nice moment vs. a hunter who had a snake trap up and a haunted creeper, killed it and consecrated the garbage on the board for a 0 mana draw two.

I'm glad Hungry Dragon was exposed as the trash card it truly is.

I think the Dragondin is a solid control deck with some cool synergies - but exploiting all these dragon synergies over the course of a game takes time. Too much time in this facehunter/mech mage/zoolock meta. I'm looking forward to Blizzard hopefully slowing down the game a bit more and making slower decks more viable again.

The only way to nerf those decks is to add health to the hero.

Dahbomb

Dragondin is not a "disaster" like Trump said. The deck is solid and very well capable of pushing through Legend ranks. There's no match up where it gets completely demolished in (yes even fast aggro decks it has answers for).

The problem is that you can't go FULL DRAGON deck. You have to pick and choose... there are at least 2-3 legit variants of the Paladin dragon deck. The real issue is that someone hasn't come up with a one true Dragondin deck but what the hell do you expect.. the cards just came out.

It is demoralising to construct a deck and then start to swap in cards to "survive" against aggro.

And then sure enough you end up with the same old deck you always played with anyway.

Dahbomb

It is demoralising to construct a deck and then start to swap in cards to "survive" against aggro.

And then sure enough you end up with the same old deck you always played with anyway.
The more things change, the more they stay the same etc.

The new and improved Zoolock is really annoying as well... that's like yet another aggro deck you have to constantly worry about as well as the Warrior Grim Patron deck (if you can count that as aggro, that is more of a combo deck though).

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I copied Kripp's deck which is hand/demon lockish with moltens, BGHs, Eggs for insta 4/4, Arguses, Shadowflames, Facelesses, and some others.

Just cleared Heroic. Last boss we were both in fatigue and I won with 1 hp left using a modified Mill Rogue with Betrayals and Aboms to clear his shit better.

Mistress of Pain is pretty good there because she'll heal for 4 life.

Also his hero power is basically a super-boost to your minions when you have Malganis on board. It's like Malganis gives your minions +4/+4 lol.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I am liking solemn vigil way more than expected. Had a nice moment vs. a hunter who had a snake trap up and a haunted creeper, killed it and consecrated the garbage on the board for a 0 mana draw two.

Yeah I always felt like Paladin needed more consistent card draw. Acolyte of Pain wasn't really cutting it. Solemn Vigil is pretty great partially because it fills that hole, not just because it's a great card on its own. In any other class the card would probably not be nearly as useful.

IceMarker

It is way too satisfying in Dragon Paladin to do an Equality + Consecrate combo and play Volcanic Drakes and Solemn Vigils for FREE!

Dahbomb

My last hour of Dragon Paladin ownage in Casual mode:

Hearthstone_Screenshot_04_30_15_22_45_26.png

Chromaggus yields double Dr Balanced for the win against Mech Mage.

Hearthstone_Screenshot_04_30_15_22_53_09.png

Dragondin vs Dragondin. My Rend kills his Ysera for the win.

Hearthstone_Screenshot_04_30_15_23_06_42.png

The Dragondin opening hand DREAM! Also won that game because of this opener.

Dahbomb

Rend and chrommagus, two cards I predicted would be good in paladin.

Z6ovdLx.gif
Rend is actually pretty good in the control vs control match up. You almost always get to kill off a decent size Legendary (usual targets include Loathebs and Emperor).

Chromaggus is alright, nothing too absurd right now. Most of the time when he hits the board he gets removed instantly so he doesn't usually do much aside from eating a removal. It's not bad but I feel that the only reason I have him in there is to get some value off of Dragon Consort as it's the only 8 drop Dragon and thus you can follow it up immediately after Consort.

But if that thing survives it's usually game over for the other guy though I guess one can make the argument that if you let cards like Emperor or Ragnaros survive turns then they win you the game as well.

ZZMitch

Rend and chrommagus, two cards I predicted would be good in paladin.

Z6ovdLx.gif

I went on a 5 game winning streak in ranked with my Dragon Pally deck to end the night tonight. Rend personally won me two of those games (killed a Kel'Thuzad in one and killed my Tirion that priest had Mind Controled in another). Chromaggus absolutely destroyed a Freeze Mage who thought he would try to rush me down with fireballs and shit rather than killing it... too bad I drew Antique Healbot and got x2 :D.

Pretty happy with my iteration of the deck so far! 7-2 or something with the 5 wins in a row to finish it off for the night.

CRS

Legendary that I'm really interested in:

Cenarius
Archmage
Tirion
Mal'Ganis
Ysera

I don't know which one to craft next. I'm so conflicted. ;_;

Just finished up Heroic Nefarian. It wasn't too tough. Overall, I'd say Naxx Heroics were much harder, but I also didn't have nearly as many cards to work with back then. Chromaggus was the only boss who really gave me any trouble this time around, and it didn't take me half as long to beat him as it did to beat Heroic Sapphiron.

CRS

And the end of the season. Only got Rank 7 after falling back a few ranks the past couple days.

NA:

Rank 7 - 4%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom