• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

clav

ok awesome thx!

the reason I ask is because someone played Jaraxxus on me last night while I had an ooze in hand, but he conceded on the same turn before ending

I was sad because I wanted to try ooze to crush him

His concede has a tinge of salt, which makes it hilarious.

Szadek

Got 1600 dust and still need(minus the really bad ones)
Both hunter legendaries
Bolvar
Flame Levitathan
Velen
Blingtron
Hogger
Illidan
Mogor
Foe Reaper
Onyxia
and Malygos.

Any suggestions?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Flame Leviathan is weird because it's so boring. Its RNG factor doesn't make it more fun. it's just a "huh" card that turns into a War Golem. Hearthhead used to show it has three or four unused sound clips that imply it used to have a way cooler effect based on its WoW boss encounter, but I guess those have been removed.

Yeah. Even if stuff like Iron Juggernaut isn't really used I don't mind keeping it around for some hilarious gimmick plays. I also secretly want a Cho because that card is the best.

But FL is usually just...eh. I also had the weird tendency to constantly get it as my first draw when I tried to use it.

I have none, so I usually quit late game unless I have control of the board.

Oh, did you more recently start playing?

I had a weird start since I got into the game about a month before Naxx, and even if I mostly had struggle as hell cards I still funneled basically all the coins towards wings. I would have been way better off if I just dropped money, which I'll probably do for Blackrock.

IceMarker

I made a deck archetype generator!

When you load up the webpage it will give you a type of deck and a class to play it on. I'll update it with new type keywords as they come up. The page is really simple, I spent a few hours on it, and I have not messed with HTML, CSS, JavaScript, etc. in years!

EDIT: Good response from everyone on GAF and Reddit, I'll definitely keep this updated for a long, long time!

clav

Oh, did you more recently start playing?

Yeah. The game isn't very friendly to newcomers.

Working my way through daily quests although I read you can reroll quests. Looks like you can't any more.

I love Kripparrian, he seems very real and cool to me

Also I love his DRUMS music each night whenever he gets ready to stream... all the chatters start going krazy when it comes on

Thanks for the suggestion.

Cat Party

Yeah. The game isn't very friendly to newcomers.

Working my way through daily quests although I read you can reroll quests. Looks like you can't any more.

Thanks for the suggestion.
You can still reroll quests. You click the little x in the top right corner. You can only do it once per quest.

squidyj

Reading all the Pinnacle 4 bullshit and I really like the way the thread with firebat's response starts fairly reasonably at the top and then as you scroll down gets worse and worse until you get to the bottom facing down an eldritch horror.

Redditors are disgusting.

I wonder if we will see duplicate effects as the game goes on. Technically, Ship Cannon is proof of it, but dealing damage isn't that revolutionary. (That being said, if we ever get enough Pirates to make an actual full deck, it might get nerf'd.)

I ask because I'd love for Priests to get more healing effects into damage plays. It'll probably never happen though since it'd probably be way to strong. It's just so satisfying to use a Farseer to deal three damage to something.

I'm also working on that dream play of dealing six damage to someone with Light of the Naaru.

Cat Party

How does that work?

I complete it. The quest disappears.
When you get the quest, go to your log. The quest will show up there and have a little x on it. Click it and the quest will be replaced by another one.

I play on iPad but I believe it works the same way on PC.

clav

When you get the quest, go to your log. The quest will show up there and have a little x on it. Click it and the quest will be replaced by another one.

I play on iPad but I believe it works the same way on PC.

Oh. I thought there was a way of redoing a quest on the same day.

What's the advantage of partially completing a quest and clicking on the x?

squidyj

Who I'd recommend for a streamer depends in part on what you want out of a twitch stream.

Lifecoach is super educational. Strifecro and Kolento are also good in this regard.

Cat Party

Oh. I thought there was a way of redoing a quest on the same day.

What's the advantage of partially completing a quest and clicking on the x?
The idea is to try to get a quest that gives more gold or is easier for you to complete. You should try to reroll immediately if you get a 40 gold quest, usually. There's no reason to partially complete the quest.

demon paladin
crazy.gif

Zemm

What's your choice on Heathstone Twitch streamer?

I voted Dog best newcomer, Brian "Brian Kibler" Kibler of Brian Kibler gaming as most educational and Forsen best stream. I like all streamers apart from Amaz, he's the only one I won't watch anymore, even if he was the only one streaming I'd rather go do something else. Massan is my favourite right now. Zetalot is great if you're into playing priest.

Levi

Banned
I tried watching forsen once. Dude with a hoodie in bad light eating a burrito into the mic. Not what I'm looking for.

Edited to add:

Just pulled two legendaries out of 7 packs. My third Mimirons and first Thermaplug.

kiryani

This hunter thing has gone too far now, every class I play I end up quitting playing due to hunter induced rage.

I gave the murloc paladin a spin on ladder today for fun, played about 5 games and had fun. Came across my first hunter and prepared to rage.

"It'll be ok, they don't have a counter to this deck. I can easily outpace hunter"

*webspinner gives hunter Hungry Crab*

Fuck this

embalm

So Hearth Arena changes their Tier List and posted a break down of their data analysis.

Summary:
http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/2zkdv5/adwctas_arena_tier_list_march_19_update/

Changelog:
http://www.reddit.com/r/HearthArena/comments/2zk80r/tier_list_changelog_march_19/

Tier List:
http://www.heartharena.com/tierlist

Some of the interesting things:
Flame Leviathan is better than predicted, possibly because it activates after your opponent which usually means he has wounded minions from trading, and you have few or none.

Dr. Boom is way broken.

Cards with text make average players make bad plays. As they hold out for value they misplay or rush into a situation for little value.

Taunt is one of the best ways to bridge the gap between good and bad players. Offering almost no extra value to one over the other.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
What is everyone's thoughts on Armorsmith? I go back and forth on using it. I know it has potential to be effective (I've had dual armorsmiths give me 15+ armor on rare occasions ), but many times it ends up being a 1/4 body that maybe yields you an armor point or two. In a control deck, why are they considered so essential? Why not just put in a Healbot and another removal or similar-cost minion (mind control tech, iron beak, etc) and be done with it? I must be missing something.

Fixed1979

What is everyone's thoughts on Armorsmith? I go back and forth on using it. I know it has potential to be effective (I've had dual armorsmiths give me 15+ armor on rare occasions ), but many times it ends up being a 1/4 body that maybe yields you an armor point or two. In a control deck, why are they considered so essential? Why not just put in a Healbot and another removal or similar-cost minion (mind control tech, iron beak, etc) and be done with it? I must be missing something.

AS is a 2 drop that nets you armor which can bring you above 30 health...HB is a 5 drop that you really need to be down 8 health to take full advantage of. They're not really there for damage though you can get away with comboing with cruel taskmaster if you get stuck. They're a great combo card with taunts on the board or a bunch of minions and whirlwind, etc. Obviously for control you need to survive into late game to have a chance, and having the ability to go beyond 30 or "healing" for more than 8 points is key.

Rapstah

I think I just ruined Kripparrian for myself by realising how much his voice inflections sound like Jay Leno. Help.

Type2

Pre-purchased blackrock and did another arena run today. Made it to 5 wins this time with a pretty piss poor mage deck. Ive noticed paladins usually give me the most trouble of all the arena classes. They somehow draft 3-4 copies of the 4dmg weapon on top of having a bunch of really efficient cards. I won all my mage mirrors and didnt have to deal with any priests this draft. Big game hunter saved my butt so many times....too bad I dont have one in my own collection. I need to watch some good arena streamers to improve.

Levi

Banned

Healbot doesn't synergize with shield slam. Armorsmith synergizes with shields slam, deaths bite's deathrattle, cruel taskmaster, whirlwind, execute, all core control warrior cards. Put him behind a taunt for free armor because they have to remove the taunt first. Sometimes Armorsmith with soak up removal, making it more likely your bigger threats will be able to do damage. He can work with fiery war axe to remove 3 health minions and still be on the board because he has 4 health. It's a useful card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom