• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi

Banned
I have the watch and learn quest on my EU account. Levi#1147, if anyone playing on EU could add me that'd be really cool.

zoukka

I am unsure on Volcanic Drake and Corruptor right now.

There have been a few times where I got a board clear and got a Drake out for free. Problem is that the 4 health is too low, it almost always gets removed. It has never provided me with actual value, just some face damage before it dies to a cheap spell. I honestly feel that this card is in the same boat as Rend Blackhand where if it had 5 health it would be too good but at 4 health it dies a bit too easily so the cards are just good/decent not godly.

Corruptor I have been unable to activate it, it has been dead in my hand. This is weird because I very often get to activate Rend and that is more situational. Needs more testing but certainly this card was used against me by other Dragon Paladin decks and it did some work.

Most of the last wing dragons are trash. Actually they all might be trash haven't tried the 5-mana fire elemental yet. There's no way you would want nefarian over ysera ever.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Twilight Drake really isn't that bad in Dragon Paladin. Its a 4/5 or 4/6 most of the time.

Fixed1979

Anyone have the list Trump that rustled Trump's jimmies so much? I bet he overdid the dragons

Pretty sure this is his most recent.

iV74SoQ.png

ViviOggi

Pretty sure this is his most recent.

iV74SoQ.png

Annoytron? No Mustards? Good luck dealing with the Hungry summon with a single Cockhammer (contrary to its rep in this thread Hungry Dragon worked out pretty well for me running double Mustard and an MC Tech). No Belchers. No Equality?!

No wonder he got rekt

Brakara

I've been playing around with Dragon Priest for a little bit and thought I'd comment. I don't have access to Boom, Lightbomb, or Mind Games. Instead, I run a Rend, 1 Mind Control, and 2 Smites. I also generally play in the high teens rankwise.

I think the deck is much worse without Lightbomb tbh. It's pretty essential for clearing the board if you're falling behind. You may not need two, but I'd try to craft at least one if I didn't have any. Though not having dust or lightbombs on my US f2p account, I know it's easier said than done.

I've had good success with Azure Drakes. They're high enough cost that your Hatchlings and Technicians can take advantage of them and they're generally good in priest anyway.

They're fine to get some more dragons in, but you don't really need the extra card draw or spell damage since you have other means for that. That's why I went with the corrupters instead.

I'm still experimentimg with Hungry Dragon, but I've had very little success with the Sorcerers. Looking at your spells and the spells for Priest in general, I just don't feel like it's worth the space. I'd rather have a Shade or Shredder in there. They're just too slow. If you do decide to keep them, what about Light of the Naaru? It could synergize with your Northshire Clerics?

Shredders are much better in general. But sorceres gives you a) dragon synergy which is needed in this deck, and b) sometimes some really sweet 6/10s for 7 mana. If you remove the sorcerers, the deck will probably just fall apart as a dragon deck (you may as well remove the whelps, technicians, etc. as well then).

I guess it could work if you had azure drakes instead, but that would mean removing the corrupters.

How are your Corrupters working out? Do you have enough presence in the early game to deal with the add from Hungry Dragon?

The corrupters are really good if you have a dragon in your hand. That's why I wouldn't play them if I had fewer dragons. In fact, for more consistency I sometimes wish I had one or two more.

The hungry dragon is also really good when you can deal with the token it drops. Having a cleric on board, so that you get card draw as well makes it even sweeter. The problem it have, and why so many here calls it garbage, is when you can't deal with the token. But in general it's pretty good in a priest dragon deck (compared to,say, a paladin dragon deck).

Mistress of Pain is pretty good there because she'll heal for 4 life.

Also his hero power is basically a super-boost to your minions when you have Malganis on board. It's like Malganis gives your minions +4/+4 lol.
Yep, forgot to mention her. I got her out on turn 2 and since the dude never trades I got to hit face twice I think before he taunted up.

Rapstah

Annoytron? No Mustards? Good luck dealing with the Hungry summon with a single Cockhammer (contrary to its rep in this thread Hungry Dragon worked out pretty well for me running double Mustard and an MC Tech). No Belchers. No Equality?!

No wonder he got rekt

He ran all of those for a couple of hours yesterday in a deck which I think lost because it was more midrange than it was Dragon Paladin. I think he's trying to come up with his "own" combination of dragon cards so he can say he found the next big thing, because Dragon Paladin in general isn't a very unique idea.

Trump just gets tilted way too easily when he loses a little with a new deck.

I had the idea to make some fake Hunter cards around the theme of taking an already existing card and just changing it slightly to make a "new", obviously overpowered card. Like Quick Shot, except for some reason Quick Shot ended up being a totally balanced card that actually resurrected a bunch of Hunter archetypes other than Face Hunter and made the metagame slightly more fun in the end. That one's weird.

2e77ec9f.png

3d5f09ef.png

9f4f6bb3.png

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Omnotron, Maloriak and Atramedes heroic on the first try... easiest wing to date?

I bet I'll have massive issues with Nef though, he's supposed to be the hardest I think?

Anteo

Why wouldn't you kill the enemy EMP when playing a mill rogue. I could just dump my hand back...

Also, I got distracted/cocky and missed lethal. it resulted on the rogue and I dying at the same time because of fatigue. lol

Dahbomb

Jesus christ those Hunter cards...

Please don't give Blizzard anymore bright ideas for Hunter cards.

Fuck it I will make a fake over powered Hunter card as well:

900d13ad.png

Rapstah

Strifecro and Kolento are such a chill team. They're also handily beating Lifecoach/Cupcake. I don't know if Lifecoach is playing much worse together with Cupcake than normally or if it's just bad luck.

http://hearthcards.net/

If you get some WoW TCG art and look up how Blizzard would word the effect you want, you can make 100% realistic cards. I'm guessing most of the good fakes before BRM came out were made with this site. It's pretty cool.
It would be pretty fun (albeit fucking expensive) to print out the entire collection of cards to play in real life. Then you could do crazy shit like mixing class cards and stuff.

Anteo

Dont you love when mill rogue gets screwed up by their own gang up?
Drawing just heal bot after heal bot and not having anything to deal with my board.

Dont you love when mill rogue gets screwed up by their own gang up?
Drawing just heal bot after heal bot and not having anything to deal with my board.

Yeah love it when gang up backfires and just gives me cards to finish them faster.

Shiver yeah he is the most popular so its obvious he wins that. I cannot wait to see Reynad be salty about that.

ViviOggi

lol Kolento so mad at Strifecro giving them an Armorsmith for free and rightfully so, that was such an obviously wrong play and Cro is still arguing about it
QNkEBqg.gif

€: LEGIT WOULD HAVE WON THEM THE GAME RIGHT NOW AND STRIFE STILL HASN'T ADMITTED HIS MISTAKE
laugh.gif

inky

This ban round is the epitome of guerrilla production.

Couldn't they have like a blackboard or pin board or something?

Hey guys, I just started playing last month, got to rank 14 and got 11 bonus stars. What are bonus stars?

It's a small bonus for the new season so you start a bit ahead on ladder. The better you do in a season, the closer you start to the top rank the next one.

Banned

Kungen
Hunter
Warrior
Warlock

SavjZ
Mage
Hunter
Warrior

nad
Hunter
Warrior
Warlock

Forsen
Hunter
Warrior
Mage

I didn't follow what the third class was that got banned bit confusing, they really should have done it a better way.

Rapstah

The best way to do that ban round is to have each player write down three classes they don't want the other players to play in order. You could even create a cool graphic for it.

The best way to do that ban round is to have each player write down three classes they don't want the other players to play in order. You could even create a cool graphic for it.

Yeah this was really amateur hour. But i posted the list i think it is accurate warrior/hunter got banned for everyone:p

Dahbomb

Banned

Kungen
Hunter
Warrior
?????

SavjZ
Mage
Hunter
?????

nad
Hunter
Warrior
??????

Forsen
Hunter
Warrior
??????

I didn't follow what the third class was that got banned bit confusing, they really should have done it a better way.
All 4 players got Warrior banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom