• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe three packs every X hours is too much. It may be even more interesting if they get three packs at the start and that's it. They shouldn't be able to have Antonidas and Dr. Boom after 12 hours.

I guess the problem is when somebody does get those cards in the first pack and it is all over.

What would help is bans that can change over time. If they build a zoo deck, ban warlock after 6 hours and let them adjust.

Maybe three packs every X hours is too much. It may be even more interesting if they get three packs at the start and that's it. They shouldn't be able to have Antonidas and Dr. Boom after 12 hours.

I think 3 packs in 4 hours or something would have been better, no popularity packs and like 1 extra pack for the last place, instead of 3.

Like i said earlier start was fantastic but now its become stale, no different from what they do when they stream solo. Maybe they should have done something like at the end they have to battle each other with 3 crafted decks so they cant just rely on 1 deck and actually have to built 3.

Servers crapped out again, seriously Blizzard. Its bad enough that forums have become spammer heaven once again.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I guess the problem is when somebody does get those cards in the first pack and it is all over.

What would help is bans that can change over time. If they build a zoo deck, ban warlock after 6 hours and let them adjust.

Rotating bans would be very interesting considering how you can clearly see everyone going on a dust rampage on all the banned classes(and most unbanned ones), there's no risk at all towards that.

I also personally would like to see more interplay between the players involved. They have that rule if they match up but it hasn't happened, and even if it does and they make you dust boom, would it really matter? They probably have enough to scrounge up another. It would be cool if maybe the current last place player could force a card that everyone else had to use in their deck for an hour every so often or something like that.

Rapstah

I also personally would like to see more interplay between the players involved. They have that rule if they match up but it hasn't happened, and even if it does and they make you dust boom, would it really matter? They probably have enough to scrounge up another. It would be cool if maybe the current last place player could force a card that everyone else had to use in their deck for an hour every so often or something like that.

The disenchant rule seems poorly thought through. What if you instantly concede before showing your opponent any non-basic cards?

Ok, it's that time again. I need some help deciding on the next legendary to craft.

I have -

Dr. Boom, Ragnaros, Sylvanis, Jaraxxus, Grom, Antoinidas, Alex, Mogor, King Krush, Velen, Leeroy, Iron Juggernaut, all naxx, all brm

I want, ranked in order of wanting -

Mal'ganis - Seems super strong. Been itching to craft this guy because he'd be the last step to making a great demonlock deck for me.
Thalnos - Versatile, good in a lot of decks
Ysera - good enough to craft?
Harrison Jones - Museums?
Sneeds - Seems pretty good.
Baron Geddon - Always hoped I'd unpack this guy, is he still good?
Black Knight - Don't really see this guy run anymore, still good? I'd imagine with belchers running around prob not

Sneeds isn't good, just fun. The rest are pretty specific to a certain deck, so it is just up to what you want to play.

Sounds like Malganis is the go

...Welp guess I'm crafting two legendaries. I'll probably do Mal'ganis and Thalnos, or Mal'ganis and some epics.

CD_YdsoUgAA9ioH.png:large

Ok, it's that time again. I need some help deciding on the next legendary to craft.

I have -

Dr. Boom, Ragnaros, Sylvanis, Jaraxxus, Grom, Antoinidas, Alex, Mogor, King Krush, Velen, Leeroy, Iron Juggernaut, all naxx, all brm

I want, ranked in order of wanting -

Mal'ganis - Seems super strong. Been itching to craft this guy because he'd be the last step to making a great demonlock deck for me.
Thalnos - Versatile, good in a lot of decks
Ysera - good enough to craft?
Harrison Jones - Museums?
Sneeds - Seems pretty good.
Baron Geddon - Always hoped I'd unpack this guy, is he still good?
Black Knight - Don't really see this guy run anymore, still good? I'd imagine with belchers running around prob not

I'll break this down into 1- higher priority, 2- meh priority 3- no priority:

1- thalnos, ysera, harrison, black knight

2- sneeds, baron geddon, malganis

I'll explain briefly. Tier 1 are good cards usable in multiple decks, tier 2 is good cards used in more niche decks, tier 3 is more for fun basically making very inconsistent decks that can sometimes seem OP.

edit: apparently I misread malygos/malganis. Malganis is of course pretty niche being a class legendary but deserving of being labelled good.

Sneeds isn't good, just fun. The rest are pretty specific to a certain deck, so it is just up to what you want to play.

Sounds like Malganis is the go

Dunno why you think sneeds is not good, it is pretty consistent in strength and results.

...Welp guess I'm crafting two legendaries.

Nice. I haven't gotten a golden legendary in forever :(

Terra

Was eager to get back into this after six months of losing interest, gonna buy some packs to renew the flame.
And BAM, the Euro servers seems to be down.
Is Blizzard still struggling with this stuff?

It has been played in a number of decks, including handlock and druid as well. I've also seen it recently in tempo mage at high ranks.

It pops up, but it is still a #29 card. As in "I've got 28 cards in my deck, what else can I throw in there? Sneeds I suppose...that might be fun and do something".

But it never really does. People just tend to ignore it by the time it comes out.

That isn't to say it is a bad card, just not one you would craft.

johnsmith

remember me
If you're going to spend your entire turn on a legendary that does nothing there are better ones to play, like Ysera. Few decks can afford to play more than 1 card like that.

Zakalwe

Banned
Been playing since last year and still haven't gotten a Golden legendary >.<

I've spent about £100 or so and played for a year, only found a single golden legendary.

All solo mode legendary and 10 crafted/found. Not sure if that's a good amount for the time/money.

Wish I hadn't dusted my golden Cenarius even if it did score me Boom. I have the standard version but he looks so plain now. ;_;

Xanathus

Is demonlock even playing Mal'ganis still? I haven't seen him in a while.

Mal'ganis is a must with Demonlock, the value you get out of it when it comes from a Voidcaller is insane. The next alternative would be another high mana demon like Jaraxxus or Infernal. Jaraxxus is good too because it's harder to remove using direct damage but then it's missing the pseudo-taunt of Malganis.

Maximo

Also don't know if there is a percentage difference but if you were trying to get a Legendary would opening Normal or GVG Packs have a higher chance ?

Rapstah

More fake Hunter cards that are obviously overpowered variations on existing cards:

53c619fb.png

f66d400c.png

23241d47.png

These are too bad. They're almost realistic.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Could someone give me the link to the most face hunter deck out there?

Rapstah

ahahaha what an asshole, is he disqualified?

They told him he had to disenchant the extra cards and couldn't craft until the next time he opens packs, at which point he will get to open one less pack. They miscounted, he opened at least two packs too many, not counting the additional packs he opened before.

I'm also not sure if he disenchanted the extra cards.

Forsen is starting to lose it and getting salty over &#3900; º&#1604;&#860;º&#3900; º&#1604;&#860;º&#3900; º&#1604;&#860;º&#3900; º&#1604;&#860;º &#3901;º&#1604;&#860;º &#3901;º&#1604;&#860;º &#3901; EVERYONE, GET IN HERE! &#3900; º&#1604;&#860;º&#3900; º&#1604;&#860;º&#3900; º&#1604;&#860;º&#3900; º&#1604;&#860;º &#3901;º&#1604;&#860;º &#3901;º&#1604;&#860;º &#3901;º&#1604;&#860;º &#3901; and
Me no stoopid me go face

I've finally gotten around to playing with hungry dragon myself. In rogue btw. I think it is a solid card. Rogue has a plethora of ways to deal with small minions. Even when, against a paladin whom got a webspinner that gave him a highmane (perhaps one of the worst outcomes you can imagine), I still managed to win. And you certainly can't judge the card based on fringe outcomes, otherwise pilotted shredder would be the worst card in the game.

I haven't played him in paladin yet, and that is really the only other class I would personally play him in. I don't really play zoo but he seems like he might work in there as a quasi-4 mana flame imp of sorts.

Man, loving dark iron skulker. Even hitting just 1 minion it just seems so good. Skulker into si7 agent for instance. Getting 7 attack on board and removing 4 hp minion, or 5 with dagger.

I'm also trying chrommagus in rogue but so far every opportunity I have had to play him I haven't need him unfortuneately. I mean, I could have played chrommagus, prep + fan of knives on turn 7 due to ET, and I really wanted to... but removing his minion via the DIS/SI7agent combo seemed better... plus kept my ET protected.

BUT, had I used chrommagus + prep + fan of knives just to cycle, I would have gotten 2 cards and reduced by 1 each. Imagine if I got eviscerate... mmm.

For the record, I am not even entirely sure why I have chrommagus in the deck, just figured it could be good and it could be fun lol.
4mC962j.gif

It's a shame Amaz's sort of cool team tournament happened to take place at the same time as this thing.

This is infinitely more interesting than that tournament lol. I don't even know what that thing is really about.

This thing is like... what would happen if you kidnapped famous hearthstone streamers and forced them to play against each other, against their will, for 24 hours straight. Cause right now it looks like they are being held against their will and food is being dished out to them so they don't die from starvation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom