• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanathus

The DE rule isn't the problem, the problem is that they got soooo many packs. That combined with having Naxx and BRM means this "F2P" run is more like a "$25 + $25 + $20 (in packs)" run. And this doesn't even include the packs Forsen got.

Haunted

Been playing since last year and still haven't gotten a Golden legendary >.<
I hear you brother. I've been playing since December 2013 and the only golden legendary I have is the Gelbin Mekkatorque one you automatically got for using the store during that time.

inky

I've been in the beta since December 2013 and the only golden legendary I have is the Gelbin Mekkatorque one you automatically got for using the store in the closed beta. >_>

Me too. I don't buy many packs tho (I've bought like 55 total) but I'm due one already :p

Haunted

I'm saving up my money for the fifth BRM wing (300 gold to go!), but after that I'm investing into packs again.

Rapstah

reynadsleepingyhux5.gif

Did I just make a looping GIF of Reynad sleeping? I'm such a creep.

daemissary

Did a popular streamer just start playing Mill Mage??? I've matched up against it 3 times in a row, all different people, and I don't think I have ever seen it before today.

Strider

I don't know how many packs they've gotten but yea it is too many if you lose and are forced to disenchant a legendary only to be able to immediately craft it again :/

JesseZao

It's a shame Amaz's sort of cool team tournament happened to take place at the same time as this thing.

Nothing intriguing about that at all. It's a gimmick for the sake of a gimmick event.

This 24hr race actually showcases a part of the game that we don't normally see showcased.

If you have a golden cairne just lying around, then yes, it's meaningless.

How does that make it meaningless? He had to waste 1200 dust to make the same legendary when he could have used that to craft other cards if he felt they were necessary. Also remember that if kungen loses again to forsen he has to spend another 1200 dust. And if they tie in rankings at the end they have to face off against each other and that dust could have been useful.

I don't mean to press this point but seriously, meaningless? No. Low impact in this instance? Well yeah it looks like kungen had enough dust to remake the card.

Rapstah

How does that make it meaningless? He had to waste 1200 dust to make the same legendary when he could have used that to craft other cards if he felt they were necessary. Also remember that if kungen loses again to forsen he has to spend another 1200 dust. And if they tie in rankings at the end they have to face off against each other and that dust could have been useful.

I don't mean to press this point but seriously, meaningless? No. Low impact in this instance? Well yeah it looks like kungen had enough dust to remake the card.

Kungen and Forsen have the game plan of playing the exact decks they're playing right now until the end of the thing. They've said this. It may have had impact if they had to DE big cards at the start (Kungen drew a Boom from a pack a couple of hours in). They both have so much dust right now they can't impact each other by making the other person DE a card.

Kungen and Forsen have the game plan of playing the exact decks they're playing right now until the end of the thing. They've said this. It may have had impact if they had to DE big cards at the start (Kungen drew a Boom from a pack a couple of hours in). They both have so much dust right now they can't impact each other by making the other person DE a card.

You know if they tie they have to face off best of 3 and they can't play just 1 deck, right?

bjaelke

Nothing intriguing about that at all. It's a gimmick for the sake of a gimmick event.

This 24hr race actually showcases a part of the game that we don't normally see showcased.
I can't recall other events that has given us live "commentary" from the players, so we could follow their thought-process each turn. Kolento and Strifecro (initially) provided us with great insight for most parts.

Rapstah

You know if they tie they have to face off best of 3 and they can't play just 1 deck, right?

Forsen sniping Kungen the two times he came back from break thus far and getting him to disenchant his most expensive card hasn't stopped Kungen from making a mech Shaman deck in addition to whatever Mage deck he's going to use for the end.

As said, it would matter a lot more if they got way less packs. Has Kungen still gotten any last place packs or popularity packs?

Forsen sniping Kungen the two times he came back from break thus far and getting him to disenchant his most expensive card hasn't stopped Kungen from making a mech Shaman deck in addition to whatever Mage deck he's going to use for the end.

As said, it would matter a lot more if they got way less packs. Has Kungen still gotten any last place packs or popularity packs?

All I'm saying is that it is not meaningless because it potentially can have impact.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Nah, Blizzcon ticket prices are insane, imo.

The Blizzcon ticket prices end up feeling pretty reasonable when you consider you generally get a pretty cool concert included as well. For instance, last year I was at Blizzcon and ended up getting a Metallica concert as well. My seats for the closing ceremony (where the concert is), would have been the equivalent of 150+$ tickets for a normal Metallica show. So from that perspective, I ended up seeing the rest of Blizzcon for $50. Not too bad.

Of course that means, you need to enjoy the concert at some level. So to give you an idea of what you're going to get here are the last Blizzcon acts: The Offspring, Ozzy Osbourne, Tenacious D (two times), Foo Fighters, Blink 182, and Metallica. So based on that you can tell the kind of music that is likely to show up. If you're into that kind of stuff or at least have an appreciation for it, the tickets are really reasonable.

Haunted

The Blizzcon ticket prices end up feeling pretty reasonable when you consider you generally get a pretty cool concert included as well. For instance, last year I was at Blizzcon and ended up getting a Metallica concert as well. My seats for the closing ceremony (where the concert is), would have been the equivalent of 150+$ tickets for a normal Metallica show. So from that perspective, I ended up seeing the rest of Blizzcon for $50. Not too bad.

Of course that means, you need to enjoy the concert at some level. So to give you an idea of what you're going to get here are the last Blizzcon acts: The Offspring, Ozzy Osbourne, Tenacious D (two times), Foo Fighters, Blink 182, and Metallica. So based on that you can tell the kind of music that is likely to show up. If you're into that kind of stuff or at least have an appreciation for it, the tickets are really reasonable.
I can see that line of reasoning.

But given that I'm in Europe, you would have to add significant travel costs... or consider the price of the virtual ticket... which is insane. I do like Blizzard games, but that not that much. :p

Just killed a Mage with Pyroblast ala Nefaria. Talk about poetic justice. Also had home give me a Hellfire against a Zoolock which helped seal away the game. Really enjoying the card. Let the games begin indeed.

Dahbomb

Damn these people still on Rank 7?

LOL Reynad has a long shot to actually win this if he gets lucky in the next couple of hours!

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I can see that line of reasoning.

But given that I'm in Europe, you would have to add significant travel costs... or consider the price of the virtual ticket... which is insane. I do like Blizzard games, but that not that much. :p

The convention center is next door to Disneyland! But yeah... that makes it tough.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
honestly, what's going on with EU? I seriously can't fathom how incompetent Blizzard as a company are at times.

KePoW

Banned

Here is a guide to a face hunter deck:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/210553-face-hunter-detailed-guide-legend-17-na-wreck-that

Not sure what you mean by the most face hunter deck, but you could easily swap a tracking for animal companion in that list for more face. But the guide at least tells you how to play it (spoiler: contrary to "common knowledge" it's not always the best play to go face).

For the most part that's the deck list

But I would not run Tracking -- add back one Animal Companion like Brakara said

Also I like having 2 worgens, 2 haunted creepers, 2 glaivezookas. I drop one Eaglehorn, one Arcane Golem and I don't have Leeroy

Rapstah

Yeah.... but I was commenting on how it could.... I'm not the one missing the distinction I am just reiterating what I said to which you were responding to.
cBj1LTf.png

I didn't read all of this post before I responded to it.

You were clearly talking about the rule in general. My bad.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
edit: you know what, it's not even worth the ban. Suck a big pole made out of metal, Blizzard. Fix this lag you piece of shits.

Rapstah

They have to be on the same number of stars on the same rank for it to be a tie, apparently. The rules were unclear about it.

Edit: They changed their mind, it's rank only. So confusing.

Dahbomb

I really want Kungen to catch up to Forsen to punish his slacking.
It was a tactical slacking. If he kept playing he risked losing and going down from 4 to 5 where Kungen is at right now.

Forsen should just stop playing completely and go to sleep, it's in the game for him unless he loses 3 straight in 20 mins.

JesseZao

I really dislike Admirable.

I may even hate him more than I hate Amaz. At least I haven't been subjected to Amaz in the past month or so.

Interesting thing, if you need to deal damage to a hero but only have minion targeting spells, you can target your own Dragonkin Sorcerer and as long as it doesn't die, it'll still gain the +1/1. I think this situation will be even more rare than silencing your own Ragnaros so that it can hit directly though, so don't count on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom