• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I'm very new at this game, just unlocked all basic cards.

What should I invest in?

I spent $10 on 7 packs and got shit. I have about 490 gold. What should I do?

I haven't dusted anything. Should I just pick a character I don't like and dust everything of theirs?

What cards should I focus on to buy with dust?

I think I like Mage, Hunter, or Palladin as my main.

Thanks.

zoukka

Haha Flamewaker is so OP in arena. Get a few spare parts or just a decent deck with flamecannons, frostbolts, mirror images and wreck face.

8a9jBzj.jpg

Hello

Ok, I'm very new at this game, just unlocked all basic cards.

What should I invest in?

I spent $10 on 7 packs and got shit. I have about 490 gold. What should I do?

I haven't dusted anything. Should I just pick a character I don't like and dust everything of theirs?

What cards should I focus on to buy with dust?

I think I like Mage, Hunter, or Palladin as my main.

Thanks.

I would not just go through dusting stuff. In general it's not worth it.

Priorities for a new player, in my opinion, should be expansions and classic packs. Maybe throw in an arena from time to time to build the GvG collection as well.

Dahbomb

OH SHIT A TIE AFTER 24 HOURS!!!! DAT FINAL TWO GAME CLUTCH!!!!

hzl0tyf3bjbl.gif

So good. This 24 hour thing has been so great.

Reynad just shut his stream off instantly.
Have to give him credit though, he tried the slow strategy and in the end stuck through the whole 24 hours. He could've made it pretty close if he didn't waste the initial 3 hours and didn't push with the faster decks earlier. Rank 8 is nothing to scoff at in 24 hours starting from scratch.

Iryx

Forsen must be so mad finding out that stars don't matter after 23 hours when he was not playing for two hours.

Rapstah

Have to give him credit though, he tried the slow strategy and in the end stuck through the whole 24 hours. He could've made it pretty close if he didn't waste the initial 3 hours and didn't push with the faster decks earlier. Rank 8 is nothing to scoff at in 24 hours starting from scratch.

He kept complaining until the end but at least he didn't quit.

Dahbomb

LMAO do they even know what to do in a tie breaker situation?

"Ah... I guess there will be a BO3? I guess we will find out after the break!"

Dahbomb

lol all of you hate Forsen like krazy??
Not really but him slacking off for a few hours near the final stretch cost him.

It wasn't a bad strategy as if he kept playing and losing he would've dropped down to rank 5 and lost it completely.

It could've been a 3 way tie if Kungen didn't lose a bunch of games at the end there at rank 5.

Kungen hit rank 4 first then pretty much went on a losing streak that probably cost him the tourney. I don't think anyone was expecting Savhz to make this big of a comeback tho.

Carl2291

Im actually quite shocked at how much they screwed Forsen out of that, when he would have finished with a 2 star lead.

Dahbomb

Kungen hit rank 4 first then pretty much went on a losing streak that probably cost him the tourney. I don't think anyone was expecting Savhz to make this big of a comeback tho.
LMAO that's even worse! He could've won the tournament if he not played after getting 4 but got greedy which was the opposite of Forsen!

Dahbomb

Yeah they are clearly making rules as they go. Even the banning phase was suspect as fuck.

Oh well it's not like this was a serious thing... only problem is the $5K on the line.

I hate this piece of shit game. Just played in a tournament. Guy opens with Face Hunter. Have deck full of heals, Scarlet Purifiers, Consecrates, and basically every way imaginable to fuck him up. Gets nothing. I had 4 cards that could heal me, 12 cards in deck, Solem Vigil, and get none of them.

Skillstone.

tl dr; I can hit top 100 Legend but I can't beat a Rank 19 motherfucker in a BO3.

Rapstah

The good news is the next one of these is going to be way better.

Does it get better or way worse if you add more players? With eight players, chances are you'll see more varied decks, and people are more likely to face each other on the ladder.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
It is more entertaining but I'd be SO pissed if I was Forsen(and even Kungen), since Kungen could have stopped when he was at 4 which pressures someone to try and push to 3 or make it a tie since the stars don't matter.

The good news is the next one of these is going to be way better.

Does it get better or way worse if you add more players? With eight players, chances are you'll see more varied decks, and people are more likely to face each other on the ladder.

Way less packs but keep BRM/NAX open had no problem with that, but the insane amount of packs ruined it a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom