• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

"Meta game is not what it used to be"

Where the fuck has he been?
At Rank 20...

10706835_312269115625892_1788894402_n.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
honestly, this lag in EU

I feel like shoving a coke bottle up Blizzards asshole right now

I'm having a lot more success with dragon priest than dragon paladin.

Maybe it's because I'm missing so many staple paladin cards. Or maybe i just suck at the deck itself.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Guys i played control priest, it's pretty good actually i like it but it's so fucking slow. However the combos are pretty damn fun to figure out i might want to keep playing priest since my mech mage got fucking rekt today.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Reynad back at 20.

Can someone explain the format? I didn't get the memo.

They had an initial ban wave where each player picked another and banned a class so they all have 3 banned ones. Hunter was banned for everyone, I think Warrior was as well, while Reynad/Kungen had Warlock banned alongside it. Forsen and Savjz had Mage banned instead.

They're trying to get as high as possible in 24 hours and started with a fresh account that had naxx/brm. They get to open 3 packs every hour or so while the current loser get an additional 3. On top of that there's a popularity vote for more packs but Forsen keeps getting it anyway. The only other wrinkle is if anyone here queues into eachother, the loser has to dust a card the winner says--though this hasn't happened at all and may not.

I think the nefarian is fine. But on the other hand he wasn't playing a deck that is strong against a wide range of decks, so he wasn't advancing well enough at low rank where you face a lot wider a variety of decks.

All the aggro he wants to play against are likely already out of those shitty low ranks, if they are being played atm.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I think this could be deceptively close, im hoping so at least, the fact people cant change decks to fit the meta should mean that the early higher winrates shouldnt last all the way to legend and maybe people plateau at a rank and the last few hours are quite close.

CodeNfX

Can I spectate someone playing rank? Got the quest to spectate. Battletag is CodeNfx#1505

Edit: Actually does it matter which mode? I'll spectate any game

KePoW

Banned
I think Reynad is losing it

he keeps yelling "digital sports" every time he plays arcane missiles or some flamewaker combo

Dahbomb

I think Reynad is losing it

he keeps yelling "digital sports" every time he plays arcane missiles or some flamewaker combo
Digital sports = E sports = Games with lots of RNG and "skill" involved like Hearthstone

He always says it when he does a Flamewaker combo and it clears the board because it took a lot of skill from him.

KePoW

Banned
Digital sports = E sports = Games with lots of RNG and "skill" involved like Hearthstone

He always says it when he does a Flamewaker combo and it clears the board because it took a lot of skill from him.

haha yeah, it's just so funny for some reason to hear him keep repeating it

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Face_Hunters_4ever just donated to reynad saying "shoutout to neogaf"

...was that kepow.

Edit: I guess not, lol.

Zemm

The best thing about reynad is the arrogance is completely unwarranted. I think he might be a bit delusional in his real life dealings, like there's some actual brain damage there. The way he's constantly contorting his face just plays into that even more.

I have 425 wins with Druid for some reason (probably from tinkering with ramp for 3 seasons), and I'm thinking about grinding for the golden. But as strong as Druid is right now it's way too boring to play. The biggest difference between most druid decks is whether you cut a belcher for a MCT, or included Rag for flavor.

I hope we get a "fun" druid archetype soon, like warrior got with grim patron.

Dahbomb

Alright Reynad finally realized how stupid he was all this and started playing Mech Mage.

Time to close the stream and check again in the morning.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Alright Reynad finally realized how stupid he was all this and started playing Mech Mage.

Time to close the stream and check again in the morning.

The f2p element is a bit misleading as they have all opened in excess of 30 packs each and the expansions, I dont mind so much but everyone has a good deck at this point.

CoolOff

I have 425 wins with Druid for some reason (probably from tinkering with ramp for 3 seasons), and I'm thinking about grinding for the golden. But as strong as Druid is right now it's way too boring to play. The biggest difference between most druid decks is whether you cut a belcher for a MCT, or included Rag for flavor.

I hope we get a "fun" druid archetype soon, like warrior got with grim patron.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/232603-9-winstreak-soul-of-the-forest-druid

Have fun crushing Face Hunters.

Wahaha Reynad so salty.

"Its not like its a fair competition"

Blizzard really needs to fix the game crashing when you concede happend to me a few times now and seems to be happening to the streamers as well.

Rapstah

Maybe three packs every X hours is too much. It may be even more interesting if they get three packs at the start and that's it. They shouldn't be able to have Antonidas and Dr. Boom after 12 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom