• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximo

Think iv given up on Arena just had terrible luck and can't seem to break on average more then 3 wins. Seems better just to buy the packs for 100Gold and play Zoo/Face Hunter for fast gold instead of Arena :/

Repost. Must have got lost in the tournament excitement.

Ok, I'm very new at this game, just unlocked all basic cards. 

What should I invest in? 

I spent $10 on 7 packs and got shit. I have about 490 gold. What should I do? 

I haven't dusted anything. Should I just pick a character I don't like and dust everything of theirs? 

What cards should I focus on to buy with dust? 

I think I like Mage, Hunter, or Palladin as my main. 

Thanks.

If you decide to spend money, get the adventures first. They all have good cards and are a decent starting point. From there, IGNORE LEGENDARY MINIONS. The key cards are going to be rares and epics, and those are going to be based on what classes you end up enjoying.

In fact, from personal experience, don't even bother crafting cards until you get a good feel for each of the classes. AND DO NOT DISENCHANT CARDS. Unless you have spares. I can't tell you how much I regret disenchanting stuff.

Learn to love arena, make friends in constructed, don't get too salty (like me).

If you feel you must craft Legendaries, Dr. Boom and Sylvanas are the most common, in that order.

Amazon often discounts packs.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Repost. Must have got lost in the tournament excitement.

Ok, I'm very new at this game, just unlocked all basic cards. 

What should I invest in? 

I spent $10 on 7 packs and got shit. I have about 490 gold. What should I do? 

I haven't dusted anything. Should I just pick a character I don't like and dust everything of theirs? 

What cards should I focus on to buy with dust? 

I think I like Mage, Hunter, or Palladin as my main. 

Thanks.

Gold, Arcane Dust, and Real Money Tips
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVBTwsZ15BI

This is a video that I made myself to explain how to handle a lot of this kind of economy stuff. It's in the OP if you need it again.

Hylian7

I need tips on beating the final Nefarian in Blackrock. :/

I've tried like five different decks, including a Mage deck made of only basic cards I googled and have yet to have anything even come close to working. The closest I have gotten is getting him down to 20 (after dragon)

KePoW

Banned

I've tried like five different decks, including a Mage deck made of only basic cards I googled and have yet to have anything even come close to working. The closest I have gotten is getting him down to 20 (after dragon)

Normal or Heroic?

What cards are you working with? You can beat him fairly easily with Freeze Mage or a more control-y Paladin.

If you want, I can make a basic deck and beat him and you can spectate. Don't know if that will help. xD

Strix#1170

Hylian7

What cards are you working with? You can beat him fairly easily with Freeze Mage or a more control-y Paladin.

y2aBdhf.png

This is my latest attempt at a deck to beat him. Lost at Onyxia.

Dahbomb

You kinda need more minions in that deck... that's like 90% spells.

To beat that fight you just need a control deck + Kelthuzad. That's about it. When you beat his Onyxia form with minions on board, you play Kelthuzad right after he wipes your stuff.

KePoW

Banned
You kinda need more minions in that deck... that's like 90% spells.

To beat that fight you just need a control deck + Kelthuzad. That's about it. When you beat his Onyxia form with minions on board, you play Kelthuzad right after he wipes your stuff.

after or right before?

I haven't tried KT yet

Milennia

tried to get used to grim patron by heading into some casual play..... all i faced were dragon decks, must have been 7 in a row and they all opened with technician/whelp or some other annoying creature and rushed me down early and i just couldnt deal with it

i know i wont be seeing these decks much at all on ladder, but it has still been bothering me a bit.

was debating to climb with control/patron this season, my choices were the mentioned and face/midrange hunter

so i am unsure again after that shit experience
still keeping the choices down to patron/control (swapping depending on what im up against) or the 2 hunter variations

Dahbomb

Danthebadass#1260 but my friend list is full so I need to open up some slots.

Edit: Alright freed some slots, you can add me now.

Maximo

Hahahah Holy shit vsing a Priest as a Oil Rogue that used Hungry Dragon against me, it spawns a Webspinner. He proceeds to Kill the Webspinner and out pops out King Krush. Take him down to to 3 HP while he desperately uses Holy Nova on nothing and tries to heal up as much as possble. Hes at 7 hp then KING KRUSH TIME! Don't attack straight away just spamming Thank You and Greetings. He hovers over it for like 30 Seconds I wish I could have heard his reaction, and wish I recorded that Game for a Funniest Moments Montage god dam. Blizzard should record your last 3 Games Automatic!
All the Good games happen on my Phone >.<

Ugh. Getting a whole golden collection is hard enough without the Adventure cards costing the SAME AMOUNT OF DUST. :l They should be half the normal or something.

Why did I only make 1 hound? It literally cost me the game. There were 3 guys on his board. What the hell.
Only guess is that somehow Cho's effect messed it up somehow. That still doesn't make sense since I would think you play the spell, effect triggers, then it goes off. Hard to say though, can't say I've seen that before.

Real question is why you didn't just use Quickshot though.

Edit: The more I look at it, the weirder that picture is to me. It shows that you used nine mana but all ten crystals are gone. Then you backstabbed something that wouldn't die it.

VVV That's probably what happened, good eye.

It looks to me like you played a hound card, not unleash the hounds.

Did the rogue sap it back into your hand earlier?
Haha yeah I just realized that. It was vanished. I'm a dummy. I was trying to think about why I didn't play quickshot and I thought "because I only had one mana so I used the last mana on hounds" and realized how dumb I am.

Nothing to see here &#12640;&#12640;

Why is everything fucking face, this game has taken such a plummet with every expansion making face decks that much better. When are they going to give control some love.

Dahbomb

Why is everything fucking face, this game has taken such a plummet with every expansion making face decks that much better. When are they going to give control some love.
Whenever they release new content/expansion, face decks will run supreme. That's because people are trying out new but unrefined decks in that time which are vulnerable to face/aggro play.

It's cyclical just like Zoo was back in the day.

Also its easier to make those decks plus grind ladders with those decks. Its literally win/win//win type situation unless you are aiming for top level tournament play where more people slower decks for consistency.

Zemm

Ladder is so shit though, they need to add a tournament mode like they do on Fifa with a ban pick. Can't believe how bare bones this game is after so long.

Ladder is so shit though, they need to add a tournament mode like they do on Fifa with a ban pick. Can't believe how bare bones this game is after so long.

Yeah and how about some balancing already gvg has been out for 5 months. We all know there is a certain card that could use some.

jiiikoo

Banned
Yeah and how about some balancing already gvg has been out for 5 months. We all know there is a certain card that could use some.

Dr. Balanced, the name says it's balanced so why balance the balanced?

EDIT: Yeah, they should balance it. Just played arena and there was one dude who had 2 Dr. Balanced's.... FUCK.

Spiderduff

How's your Paladin cards?

I beat Normal Nef with a Face Paly first try. I did fail with Face Hunter a couple times, but Face Paly has much better AoE removal:

ikUwHlRkGclPm.jpg

Thank you! beat Nef with this. Just a tweak or 2 since i was missing a card or two. Overall similar. Thanks!

CRS

Went on the sickest (pseudo) winning streak. Went from Rank 18 to Rank 10 by only losing one only game. Holy molly.

I feel really good about finally hitting Legend this month.

Turn 4 coin into Bane of Doom.

Malganis. I can do nothing but drop a tiger.

Turn 5, faceless. Two Malganis.

I silence one and kill the other.

Turn 6, Bane of Doom on my owl into ... Malganis.

Well played.

Strongest possible first two turn plays for a class?

Mage.
1. Mana wyrm
2. Mana wyrm, coin, apprentice, mirror image.

Shaman
1. coin, zap-o-matic
2. zap-o matic

Hunter
1. Leper gnome, coin, leper gnome
2. glaivezooka

Druid.
1. zombie chow
2. coin, innervate, innervate, boom

Paladin.
1. Zombie chow
2. coin, muster