• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Got Grommash last night. I knew I was right to not craft him months back.

Now I will never craft anything again.

Drake

Should I craft Sylvanas or Rag? I prefer to play Druid, Shaman, Mage and some Paladin. I really want Rag, but I think Sylvanas is the better choice. She fits into so many decks.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Should I craft Sylvanas or Rag? I prefer to play Druid, Shaman, Mage and some Paladin. I really want Rag, but I think Sylvanas is the better choice. She fits into so many decks.

Sylvanas is in more decks than Rag. Go with her.

ViviOggi

Fuck playing on legendary day tbh, after this Priest kid answered my KT with a topdicked Deathwing I'm just gonna put this deck on the back burner for one or two days and then (hopefully) wreck the fools with normal drafts

TheMink

0KwqFO3.jpg

Holy mother of god.

Xdd5759.jpg

Tried to get in Equality, but it didnt matter.

Rapstah

Challengestone is streaming but I missed the first 20 minutes so I don't know what's happening today. Looks like the same decks as yesterday.

Nefarian pulled Sabotage against a Rogue who just played Assassin's Blade. Ooooo baby. However, out of the 5-7 times I've played Nef and was able to use the spells, only around half were useful or game winning. Not counting the times I've played him and already lost though.

Haunted

The beast and pit lord - to keep, or to dust?
Congrats on the dust.

Why the fuck does the other player draw a card when I mindcontrol the minion that has Blessing of Wisdom on it?
Ownership/Control of the card doesn't matter. In fact, you can even cast Blessing of Wisdom on an opponent's card to prevent them from using it to attack.

Challengestone is streaming but I missed the first 20 minutes so I don't know what's happening today. Looks like the same decks as yesterday.
Kripp said that the challenge rules will change per tournament.

I watched a bit of the first game, and you made quite a few misplays. You got kind of screwed by his turn 2 Owl, Innervate, Robo Cub play, but then you screwed up on turn 4 when you used Holy Smite on the Hobgoblin and used hero power to heal the Harvest Golem. You should have killed the Robo Cub with your Harvest Golem, played Earthen Ring on the Golem, then used Holy Smite on the Owl. The way you played it out left you with a weak board and set him up for that turn 4 Cult Master. Then, on turn 5 you killed his Cult Master with your damaged golem and used Stormpike to hit face. That's backwards. You should have killed the Cult Master with the Battlecry and saved your minion. That's all I had time to watch.

zon

I saw the dumbest play I've ever seen today.

A warlock has a explosive sheep on the board. I have a 2/2 and a 2/3. Instead of attacking my 2/3 to clear my dudes, he goes face with the sheep and uses implosion on the 2/2. I literally loled

Dahbomb

Anyone knows of a good OTK warlock deck that uses faceless + golem? Been using one i saw online but i feel it could be better.
What's the list?

The new one uses double Faceless version with Emperor Thaurissan and Abusive Sergeants. The playstyle is just fill your hand, stall out the game then play Emperor on a near full hand with some parts of the combo.

Abusives are there because you can do 0 mana Power Overwhelming with 0 mana Abusive with Emperor. So you can do like 40+ damage from hand if you have the cards.

The maximum possible damage from this deck is:

After placing Emperor: Arcane Golem (2), 2x Abusive Sergeants (0) 2x Power Overwhelming (0), 2x Faceless (8 mana) for 48 damage.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
What's the list?

The new one uses double Faceless version with Emperor Thaurissan and Abusive Sergeants. The playstyle is just fill your hand, stall out the game then play Emperor on a near full hand with some parts of the combo.

Abusives are there because you can do 0 mana Power Overwhelming with 0 mana Abusive with Emperor. So you can do like 40+ damage from hand if you have the cards.

The maximum possible damage from this deck is:

After placing Emperor: Arcane Golem (2), 2x Abusive Sergeants (0) 2x Power Overwhelming (0), 2x Faceless (8 mana) for 48 damage.

I have been using this deck: http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/234441-legend-otk-warlock-full-guide

Seems to have pretty much everything what you said except i don't run Alex because i don't have it. My problem is stalling the game long enough to be able to run my combo while not dying, also i have been wondering if running two golems is worth it because not drawing your one copy can be painful.

I have been using this deck: http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/234441-legend-otk-warlock-full-guide

Seems to have pretty much everything what you said except i don't run Alex because i don't have it. My problem is stalling the game long enough to be able to run my combo while not dying, also i have been wondering if running two golems is worth it because not drawing your one copy can be painful.

What about replacing Haunted Creeper with an Explosive Sheep? You could combo it with Mortal Coil for a 3 mana 2 card Consecration that draws a card.

Dahbomb

I don't really like this deck list. It's like the Zoo variant of the Combolock. The one I prefer to use is the one that is more of the Handlock variation of Combolock with Giants. I also would run double Faceless and Arcane Golem plus I would run a single Shadow Flame plus 2x Hellfire (for the Grim Patron meta). Double Faceless can get value with your Giants as well and your Argus can taunt up giants for defense and stall.

Alex is necessary both for defense and offense in this deck. It can set up win condition with this deck.

Rapstah

The challenge for one of these should just be outlawing Silence effects and nothing else.

Edit: And probably all instant destruction effects too for even more fun.

Dahbomb

Void Caller is so broken in this format.

Void Caller (which you can't Silence) into Doom Guard or Malganis which no one can really have an answer for as they lack premium removals low Shadow Word Pain or BGHs.

This format is fun for a while but eventually it would get pretty silly when you basically lose the game from getting big creatures out early. No surprise that the Zoolock and Ramp Druids are the best in this format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom