• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else think people who have legendaries in their deck at low ranks should either be forced into a different division where they fight other people with legendaries, or should be matched against people a couple of ranks above them? I'm sick of people busting out Kel'Thuzad or the Stalagg/Feugen combo or whatever when I'm only a lowly rank 20.

Yea but anyone can pay the 25 bucks and get those in Naxx, the legendaries you get from packs are far more dangerous

Guys I finally understand why Core Rager exists. Tundra. Rhino. Think about it. Tundra Rhino and Core Rager as the last cards in your hand. 2/5 and 7/7 with charge!

#TheDream

But seriously the card is really hard to fit in current hunter builds. I think we have to see what hunter's second class card is but the outlook's not so good.

clav

If pyroblast exists, then paladins should have a card called furious wrath which does 10 total damage to random enemies.

I have resisted every urge to play face hunter and while i languish at rank 3-2 trying to make it into legend i fight these bloody face hunters at 200+ legend rank because they know how to go face. It is the only build in the game I feel is broken. Largely the amount of available charge.

Edit for SALT SALT SALT. I am salty even when I win against them.

JesseZao

I have resisted every urge to play face hunter and while i languish at rank 3-2 trying to make it into legend i fight these bloody face hunters at 200+ legend rank because they know how to go face. It is the only build in the game I feel is broken. Largely the amount of available charge.

Play priest and crush them.

johnsmith

remember me

Farm them with control warrior. EZ wins.

Dahbomb

Guys you wanna know how to beat Face Hunters?

Use Control Warrior and put two of these in your decks:

10505522_752593328116771_4510873950314407884_n.jpg

This card not only stops chargers but kills them in the process too along with most of the other crap they play.

Stealth Worgen? Kills those.
Leper Gnomes and Abusive Sergeants? No problem.
Wolf Rider? Easy.
Arcane Golem? Handles them.
Leery Jenkins? Blocks and kills it too.

Plus it combos with the usual Warrior cards like Armorsmith and Acolyte of Pain. If you have one of these on the boards the Hunter HAS to use a spell or a weapon to kill it. It's a great card to hold off the early aggression until you can get out your Belchers and Shield Maidens to close out the game.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Guys you wanna know how to beat Face Hunters?

Use Control Warrior and put two of these in your decks:

10505522_752593328116771_4510873950314407884_n.jpg

This card not only stops chargers but kills them in the process too along with most of the other crap they play.

Stealth Worgen? Kills those.
Leper Gnomes and Abusive Sergeants? No problem.
Wolf Rider? Easy.
Arcane Golem? Handles them.
Leery Jenkins? Blocks and kills it too.

Plus it combos with the usual Warrior cards like Armorsmith and Acolyte of Pain. If you have one of these on the boards the Hunter HAS to use a spell or a weapon to kill it. It's a great card to hold off the early aggression until you can get out your Belchers and Shield Maidens to close out the game.
As a warrior, I use explosive sheep + Whirldwind for 3 AOE damage for 3 mana. Works really well against Aggro decks, but in other match ups, it's close to worthless, and there goes valuable card space in half the matches you play. Seems like it's either/or with Warrior, can't be effective against all deck types.

johnsmith

remember me
I want to use unstable ghoul, but I don't know what to cut. I'm already favored vs face with my current build, so no real need to tech harder for that matchup. Maybe if I was facing more paladins too. This is the list I'm running. I also want to add another shieldmaiden, but again, not sure what to cut.

FD6Rltt.png

I should probably use some of my dust to craft 2nd copies of the 1 of gold cards.

Dahbomb

I would cut a Shield Block for a Shield Maiden. That's just my preference.

Since you use Zombie Chow already you don't really need a Ghoul, especially if you are winning in the match up already.

Dahbomb

Kinda sacrificing the insane armor potential from the Armorsmith for the Ghouls. Ghouls work even better with Armorsmiths. I do like the SIlence in there though.

Golgo 13

Kinda sacrificing the insane armor potential from the Armorsmith for the Ghouls. Ghouls work even better with Armorsmiths. I do like the SIlence in there though.
True about the armorsmiths, but I had to cut something. Maybe the Ghouls will soak up/prevent enough damage to compensate. Plus I do have +20 armor in there.

Type2

Just had a sad arena run with priest. I just dont think the class clicks with me and none of the main cards showed up in my draft. Anywho I decided to buy two packs with the rest of my gold to get over the bad run and pulled a golden lorewalker cho(used anywhere or de?), big game hunter and a mountain giant along with some golden uncommon.
If I do de the cho the must have legendary cards are: Slyvannas, Rag, Dr. Boom and what else?
I play face hunter and zoolock atm. Id like to try to build a better warlock deck as I like the class and shaman is another option but I barely have any cards for it.

Dragner

Just had a sad arena run with priest. I just dont think the class clicks with me and none of the main cards showed up in my draft. Anywho I decided to buy two packs with the rest of my gold to get over the bad run and pulled a golden lorewalker cho(used anywhere or de?), big game hunter and a mountain giant along with some golden uncommon.
If I do de the cho the must have legendary cards are: Slyvannas, Rag, Dr. Boom and what else?
I play face hunter and zoolock atm. Id like to try to build a better warlock deck as I like the class and shaman is another option but I barely have any cards for it.

Zoolock doesnt use legendaries, I play Leeroy Jenkins on Face Hunter but is not 100% necessary.

I would disenchant it for maybe a value legendary if you dont want to make leeroy like The Black Knight or Antonidas so you can play mech mage.

Type2

Zoolock doesnt use legendaries, I play Leeroy Jenkins on Face Hunter but is not 100% necessary.

I would disenchant it for maybe a value legendary if you dont want to make leeroy like The Black Knight or Antonidas so you can play mech mage.
I would love to try a demolock build but it looks crazy expensive to craft. I'm always so hesitant to craft anything but im sure going with Dr.Boom or Sylvanas would be an okay choice. Leeroy would be a pretty good addition to facehunter or I could try to make a more midrange version with other stuff.
Ill look into what mechmage is. I think I saw one in today's tournament.

Golgo 13

Just messed around with this scumbag face Hunter deck.

Many games I won by the 5th round, in fact I didn't lose any until a few games into ranked where people are probably a little more used to it. Still. It's so powerful that it isn't even funny. To slaughter people a few rounds into the game with full health, holy shit.

How could I make it better, besides Leeroy?

Dragner

Many games I won by the 5th round, in fact I didn't lose any until a few games into ranked where people are probably a little more used to it. Still. It's so powerful that it isn't even funny. To slaughter people a few rounds into the game with full health, holy shit.

I dont like webspinner in the more agressive version of the deck I would trade at least that one for a glaivezooka...is just great in the hunter mirror and for board control. Dont like freezing or bluegill also.

I would do:

-2 freezing +1 snakes (great with juggler) + 1 misdirection (better in agressive decks)
-1 webspinner +1 glaivezooka
-2 bluegill +2 1 drops (worgen infiltrator or mech gnome).

If you want to fit leeroy on there quit 1 of the traps, 4 are a lil too much for my taste since you never want them in your hand.

Type2

Maybe worgen infiltrator instead of webspinner and running glaivezooka.

Edit: Looks like the above post beat me and did a better job =]

Danj

Yea but anyone can pay the 25 bucks and get those in Naxx, the legendaries you get from packs are far more dangerous

Yeah but still, it really sucks for newer players when some a-hole busts out some ridiculously overpowered legendary card in a rank 20 game. Pay-to-winners should be forced to play other pay-to-winners.

EDIT: damn it, I've been Jaraxxused twice today already!

Rapstah

Flamewaker seems like the most entertaining effect out of those three cards. It's hard to imagine a scenario where it's too good unless you abuse Duplicate and Echo of Medivh to get four to six of them out at a time, but that's a really complicated combo to pull off. I guess they'd be dealing damage while you're trying to get more of them.

Zemm

Yeah but still, it really sucks for newer players when some a-hole busts out some ridiculously overpowered legendary card in a rank 20 game. Pay-to-winners should be forced to play other pay-to-winners.

EDIT: damn it, I've been Jaraxxused twice today already!

It's a problem newcomers will face and it gets worse every time they release an expansion or new cards. I'm trying to get my GF into it and I already know she's going to get put off as soon as she faces someone online with legendaries out the ass.

Maybe when they release an expansion the previous one should become free, I dunno.

Going back to an earlier post, there should definitely be a tournament mode, it's so easy to implement as well, just copy what EA do with Fifa.

New modes they need to add because ladder only is dull and stale:

Free to play only
Tournament (best of 3)
Hyper mode (30 sec turn timer)
2 v 2

That's what needs to be done after this next expansion. Flesh out the base game because it's bare bones right now. Yeah you thin the players out but there's more than enough to have fast matchmaking times even with those modes.

FeD.nL

Yesterday when ViviOggi had two back-to-back epic Sneed's games we were discussing the new exp and how Rogue would probably get another pirate.

So I thought let's make a Rogue pirate legendary that makes you want to play the archetype. Since Rogue already has a lot of deadmines cards I thought let's complete the last section of the instance.

dn5eunH.png

The Orge Juggernaught Edwin van Cleef was rebuilding to attack stormwind with. Since before you enter the ship you would fight these pirate trash packs with cannon fire in between I thought this would echo that feeling.

ZZJZAwd.png

Basically a reverse Shattered Sun Cleric, since he would throw out the rotten food during the encounter.

eK5WTKx.png

"You landlubbers are tougher than I thought, i'll have to improvise"

JZrFHFQ.png

I know, why the hell would you give windfury to a rogue, but still I thought let's go all out since to get this one active you would have to go through a lot of steps. And since a lot of my leveling guildies back in the day would dual wield these one I thought why not.

edit: Uploaded the wrong Juggernaught

bjaelke

It's a problem newcomers will face and it gets worse every time they release an expansion or new cards. I'm trying to get my GF into it and I already know she's going to get put off as soon as she faces someone online with legendaries out the ass.

Maybe when they release an expansion the previous one should become free, I dunno.

Going back to an earlier post, there should definitely be a tournament mode, it's so easy to implement as well, just copy what EA do with Fifa.

New modes they need to add because ladder only is dull and stale:

Free to play only
Tournament (best of 3)
Hyper mode (30 sec turn timer)
2 v 2

That's what needs to be done after this next expansion. Flesh out the base game because it's bare bones right now. Yeah you thin the players out but there's more than enough to have fast matchmaking times even with those modes.
Alternatively they could implement a "monthly game mode" with some of those ideas, so we don't stretch out the user base. Have them rotate if necessary.

I'd love to see a mode where you play with your opponents deck.

Alrus

Out of the 3 new cards, I see the Mage one making the class even more ridiculous in arenas, not sure if it'll see much use in constructed. The Hunter ones is a "looks good but in the end it kinda sucks card". And I have no idea if the Warlock one is good or not.

Xanathus

Alright, I'm giving away my 10 dollar winnings from Fixed1979's Hearthstone tourney to ONE person who has posted at least once in the last Hearthstone thread. All you have to do is make an original picture of a fake Hearthstone card that could be believably coming out in the upcoming Hearthstone expansion Blackrock Mountain. Feel free to use any tool you want to make the picture, Paint even works as I consider how believable the card is to be worth 50% of the value.

Remember, only people who have posted in the previous thread are eligible for this contest. You can see if you have posted before here. I'll have Fixed1979 transfer the money to the winner's Paypal account directly because transferring it through mine will incur Paypal fees.

Entries will be accepted until:
t1426924800z4.png

Rapstah

Mr. Smite is probably balanced because having him out means you can't make another good weapon in case he dies and destroys it. That's a fine trade-off to the final weapon having Windfury.

Having a boat be a minion is kind of weird though. I think all current minions are living beings or robots. If you put Stealth on a boat, what is the boat doing?

FeD.nL

Mr. Smite is probably balanced because having him out means you can't make another good weapon in case he dies and destroys it. That's a fine trade-off to the final weapon having Windfury.

Having a boat be a minion is kind of weird though. I think all current minions are living beings or robots. If you put Stealth on a boat, what is the boat doing?

Well there is this card.

Xanathus

$4 from Ship's Cannon says hi.

Zemm

This ESL tourny is pretty dumb, everyone has a face hunter and wins with it, may as well start the series 1-1 instead of making us watch these residentsleeper games.

gutshot

Isn't the Imp Gang Boss just a reworked Imp Master? And nobody runs that in constructed. I guess it having 2 attack and being a demon makes it slightly better.

Danj

What does an expansion get you? Unless you get free legendaries with it, I still think my idea of requiring legendary users to match with other legendary users or people a few ranks above is more balanced.

I think I must be playing it wrong though, because I get my ass kicked even when no legendaries are used. Based on what people in here have told me and what I've figured out, these are the rules I am operating on:

• If you get the coin, it is best used early, to accelerate minion deployment on the board
  • Do not cast spell damage cards at the opposing face unless it will win you the game or you are desperate
  • If your hero power does damage or gives you armor, then when there is nothing else in your hand you want to play and you have enough mana for it, you should use it
  • If you can attack the opposing face with your minions you should do so

This is insufficient to win most games though, so what's missing from that list?

Shiver

What does an expansion get you? Unless you get free legendaries with it, I still think my idea of requiring legendary users to match with other legendary users or people a few ranks above is more balanced.

I think I must be playing it wrong though, because I get my ass kicked even when no legendaries are used. Based on what people in here have told me and what I've figured out, these are the rules I am operating on:

• If you get the coin, it is best used early, to accelerate minion deployment on the board
  • Do not cast spell damage cards at the opposing face unless it will win you the game or you are desperate
  • If your hero power does damage or gives you armor, then when there is nothing else in your hand you want to play and you have enough mana for it, you should use it

This is insufficient to win most games though, so what's missing from that list?

watch trump teachings.

This is wrong and will probably lose you tons of games if you follow it 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom