• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Healbot doesn't synergize with shield slam. Armorsmith synergizes with shields slam, deaths bite's deathrattle, cruel taskmaster, whirlwind, execute, all core control warrior cards. Put him behind a taunt for free armor because they have to remove the taunt first. Sometimes Armorsmith with soak up removal, making it more likely your bigger threats will be able to do damage. He can work with fiery war axe to remove 3 health minions and still be on the board because he has 4 health. It's a useful card.
This is the kind of answer I was looking for. Thanks.

They're VERY effective if you can get a taunt up and have two of them on the board, I suppose it's just a matter of picking your spots.

Ashodin

Just SHREKT someone with Shade of Naxx + BoK + Blessed Champion

32/14, gg

oCUQ1U8h.png

rank 16 plays boys

Biochet

FzDLi9p.jpg

so far with this shitty (no consecration) deck

am i about to live the dream

edit:

boom and gromm fucked me over the next match

。:゚(。ノω\。)゚・。

Kolento/Lifecoach ropefest 2015

As for the casters, no, there is nothing wrong with the Belcher animation. You know it takes a little time, factor that in, and don't wait until the last second

Rapstah

Let's theorise: if they make more Explorer's League cards, should they all be based on destroying your opponent's weapon and getting an effect depending on its stats or is that too niche?

Example:
732f5967.png

The sound Harrison Jones makes when he's summoned is too nice to only be used for one minion.

kiryani

I can't live in a world with a zero % winrate against face hunter.

What am I supposed to do to combat this cancer? I literally can't ladder because of them. My winrate is pretty high in general but it's 0% against this set of absolute vermin.

I play midrange paladin is there a specific way of dealing with this shit? As it is just making me turn the game off for a few hours every time I face one

ViviOggi

I can't live in a world with a zero % winrate against face hunter.

What am I supposed to do to combat this cancer? I literally can't ladder because of them. My winrate is pretty high in general but it's 0% against this set of absolute vermin.

I play midrange paladin is there a specific way of dealing with this shit? As it is just making me turn the game off for a few hours every time I face one

Try teching in a Kezan and Healbot

Let's theorise: if they make more Explorer's League cards, should they all be based on destroying your opponent's weapon and getting an effect depending on its stats or is that too niche?

Example:
732f5967.png

The sound Harrison Jones makes when he's summoned is too nice to only be used for one minion.

It seems like a great card at first glance but I'm not certain it would be ran over harrison jones, if ever.

My concern about more neutral counters to weapons is that too many of them can make weapons in general just really bad value. The only class that runs a lot of weapon cards is warrior because of cards like harrison. Sometimes a rogue runs assassin's blades, I have a lot in the past but mostly for fun rather than because its a smart choice.

Rapstah

It seems like a great card at first glance but I'm not certain it would be ran over harrison jones, if ever.

My concern about more neutral counters to weapons is that too many of them can make weapons in general just really bad value. The only class that runs a lot of weapon cards is warrior because of cards like harrison. Sometimes a rogue runs assassin's blades, I have a lot in the past but mostly for fun rather than because its a smart choice.

Would people run two Harrison if they could? I think I see what you're saying. Maybe it's not enough to just have them be sub-par cards if they're not played with a weapon to eat.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The card is junk. Card draws are worth so much more then a few mana crystals, and it has a higher mana cost to boot.

Maybe text like this.
5 Mana, 4/5.
"This card costs 1 less for each durability the opponent's weapon has.

Battle Cry: Destroy the Opponent's Weapon."

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Pre-order up! Go and get your card back instantly!

IZpFxe2.jpg

edit: damn it, so late.

I can't in good conscience preorder something that is released episodically, before I even know exactly what I am getting. So I'm just gonna use gold again.

I'm against episodic releasing of content... like what telltale does

Dahbomb

Example:
732f5967.png

Too garbage for 6 mana IMO. Change cost to 5 then maybe people would consider it in a Druid deck.

Rapstah

Too garbage for 6 mana IMO. Change cost to 5 then maybe people would consider it in a Druid deck.

I guess all the weapons that would give you super mana value are gone by turn 6 anyway, huh. Didn't think of that approach. Can't really have a card that only counters Jaraxxus.

Are there more fun effects than drawing cards or getting mana crystals? Destroy your opponent's weapon and deal its damage split across random enemy minions?

Dahbomb

Mana crystals aren't as useful as card drawing for most classes and even then you made the cost of the card one higher than Harrison Jones.

A better way for this to counter Jaraxxus would be "Destroy opponent's weapon and deal 2 damage to the enemy hero equal to its durability". But I guess that would make Jaraxxus unusable.

Iryx

Well, I was gonna buy Blackrock with gold, but I ended up pre-ordering it, I'm too weak to save up another 2500 gold.

Pooya

8-1 going in arena, all of my wins are by a huge lead. That one loss was just very very bad luck and still a close game. that 12 win key it's so close...

JesseZao

I can't in good conscience preorder something that is released episodically, before I even know exactly what I am getting. So I'm just gonna use gold again.

I'm against episodic releasing of content... like what telltale does

I hear you, but I'd be kidding myself if I said there was a chance that I wouldn't get all of the wings. I gave up my F2P tag when I bought Naxx and I'll be doing the same this time.

Plus, I have my alternate account to grind gold for it >_<

johnsmith

remember me
I'm already at 3500 gold. By the time I need gold again for the next real expansion I'll probably be at like 5,000 gold or more. I'll never need to spend a cent on this game if they don't speed up their release schedule.

Sblargh

Banned
Playing as hunter, sometimes the feeling is that there are no bad cards or contextual cards. It's very rare to draw something and go "well, this helps me nothing!"

Rapstah

Making spells cheaper is more of a Blood Elf-style effect anyway, right?

b83208bd.png

Maybe Mage and Druid shouldn't be allowed to run this, or it should be a 9 mana 9/7 or something like that.

There should also be a Goblin researcher who deals the weapon's damage spread across enemy characters, and a Pandaren researcher who sends a friendly minion back to your hand, making it cheaper by as much as there was durability left on the weapon. I'm just trying to pair every effect in HS to a researcher card.

squidyj

Haha so I'm fucking around with warrior trying out some cards.

I drop frothing turn 3 against an annoyo, 2 creeper tokens and a 1/1 totem.
turn 4 second frothing + ww + swing into annoy 9/2 9/3.

dude hits 2 on his storm next turn, reincarnates my remaining frothing and concedes. lol

Danj

Does anyone else think people who have legendaries in their deck at low ranks should either be forced into a different division where they fight other people with legendaries, or should be matched against people a couple of ranks above them? I'm sick of people busting out Kel'Thuzad or the Stalagg/Feugen combo or whatever when I'm only a lowly rank 20.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Does anyone else think people who have legendaries in their deck at low ranks should either be forced into a different division where they fight other people with legendaries, or should be matched against people a couple of ranks above them? I'm sick of people busting out Kel'Thuzad or the Stalagg/Feugen combo or whatever when I'm only a lowly rank 20.

That isn't even a good combo tbh.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
What is everyone's rank on the ladder right now? I'm 14, down from 12 last night. Shittiest luck today.

Dragner

To be fair that legendaries are from the naxxramas expansion, something anyone that plays for a month or 2 can afford without expending money.

What is everyone's rank on the ladder right now? I'm 14, down from 12 last night. Shittiest luck today.

Im at 8, not playing much this season not a lot of time after work, I suppose I can finish around rank 4-3 if I try at the end, facehunter for the lulz.

ViviOggi

If you enjoy facing endless waves of Hunter, Zoo and Mech Mages w/o Boom+Antonidas that's a good idea

ViviOggi

9 but I'm only playing a few games with Priest and goofy Tempo Mage outside of dailies

No motivation at all to grind legend yet again in the current Face Huntard/Druid meta

Rapstah

Theoretically, if you want to play against decks that don't run legendaries or great epic cards then you should play Casual and lose until the game matches you up with the other people who have lost too. I don't think there are enough players playing in Casual for this to actually work as expected, though, and people with tons of legendaries could also be at the bottom of Casual matchmaking for any number of reasons.

Tacitus_

http://esportsexpress.com/2015/03/team-archon-hires-temporal-pr-firm/

“Team Archon feels that if only we could fashion a time machine in order to travel back and prevent Backspace from ever speaking about this issue, we could effectively cover it up,” said a large Firebat-shaped anthropomorphic sock puppet piloted by Jason ‘Amaz’ Chan. “Then we will use this same machine to stop myself from saying what I am saying right now.”

To pre-celebrate the successful PR campaign, Time Walk presented special edition watches that only ticked backward to all Team Archon members not named Backspace. Amaz thanked the company with several minutes of mouth-agape speechlessness while flailing his arms but was unable to move backward as his chair was already out of position.

:lol

Dahbomb

10 but I am not grinding for Legend this season. Just doing dailies to save up for Blackrock. Got other stuff to do than playing Hearthstone too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom