• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Type2

Is there a good sub for Dread Corsair in Patron Warrior? He feels like the least important card in the deck. I'm not even sure why he's in there. Even if he's cheap, a 3/3 taunt is not really substantial.
For a combo turn he's an extra body played for free before the death rattle breaks. On a set up turn when you build some patron board he is a decent enough taunt that you can drop alongside them to protect your board. Extra three dmg from warsong, adds to frothing dmg buffs with whirlwind effects and the low to free cost cannot be understated in a combo deck. With that said though it's a one of imo.

As far as your sub goes idk maybe something like a taskmaster, inner rage, and anything you can include to get more draw would work too.

Is there a good sub for Dread Corsair in Patron Warrior? He feels like the least important card in the deck. I'm not even sure why he's in there. Even if he's cheap, a 3/3 taunt is not really substantial.

I use him because with a weapon equipped he is 1 mana or 0. He isn't essential but it has synergy and slows the game down while you wait to combo.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
For a combo turn he's an extra body played for free before the death rattle breaks. On a set up turn when you build some patron board he is a decent enough taunt that you can drop alongside them to protect your board. Extra three dmg from warsong, adds to frothing dmg buffs with whirlwind effects and the low to free cost cannot be understated in a combo deck. With that said though it's a one of imo.

As far as your sub goes idk maybe something like a taskmaster, inner rage, and anything you can include to get more draw would work too.

I'm only running one whirlwind atm. Maybe I should sub one out for a second whirlwind?

LiveWire

Lol, I was spectating BigAT and my classic pack turned into a Millhouse Manastorm. Is Blizzard trying to start a new meta with all of these free Millhouses I've been seeing people get?

Rapstah

Monk and Gnimsh make it sound like Hyped travelled to the mountainous western parts of China to train Handlock with a hidden master monk or something.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
There's no way you run only one Whirlwind in that deck tbh

This should help with card choices

^ lol

Okay. Here's what I ended up going with.

dQ3pWpB.jpg

I cut out the Dread Corsairs, cut a single gnomish, a single armorsmith, and put in the second whirlwind, double belcher, and dr boom.

I find that I get more choices of an Epic or Legendary when I chose an arena class that's NOT Mage or Paladin.

Also, while you are picking, if the system feels you are drafting a shitty deck, do you think that they will give you more of an opportunity for Epics and Legendaries late in the draft to help you.... or do you think its 100% RNG ?

*Edit.

Just after I type that I start an Arena as a MAGE... Pick number 8... Dr. Boom, Archmage Antonidas, Foe Reaper 4000

LiveWire

I find that I get more choices of an Epic or Legendary when I chose an arena class that's NOT Mage or Paladin.

Also, while you are picking, if the system feels you are drafting a shitty deck, do you think that they will give you more of an opportunity for Epics and Legendaries late in the draft to help you.... or do you think its 100% RNG ?

*Edit.

Just after I type that I start an Arena as a MAGE... Pick number 8... Dr. Boom, Archmage Antonidas, Foe Reaper 4000

100% rng. I've had three legendaries in one draft before.

johnsmith

remember me
Dragon Rogue is shit. Honestly, dragon synergy is pure trash, it's outclassed by so many other decks without it. I'm on a 4 game losing streak at rank 18 > 19. Yeah. I lost to a warlock running demons, mechs, and dragons all.

The main problem is midrange is fucking dead unless you're hunter and can still close out games due to hero power. You can't win just going for value, and tempo is impossible when everybody is still running shredders and annoyatrons. You need to be either pure aggro, pure control, or combo.

"It's very important to have an Execute in your opening hand by turn 4."

?????
It's to stop early big creatures like Druid playing Mana card + Innervate + Yati (4 mana & 4atk / 5 health) @turn 2 or mage using unstable portal pulling a legend to play at turn 3 or 4. Which does happen.

FeD.nL

That was pretty rad but strifecro had like 3 draws to top deck something, also is it just me or it was weird that Trump reacted instantly at the inner rage draw?

Yup noticed that too, pretty strange. Or do they have a skype chat with each other set up, and trump responded to Strifecro's reaction?

zoukka

Dragon Rogue is shit. Honestly, dragon synergy is pure trash, it's outclassed by so many other decks without it. I'm on a 4 game losing streak at rank 18 > 19. Yeah. I lost to a warlock running demons, mechs, and dragons all.

The main problem is midrange is fucking dead unless you're hunter and can still close out games due to hero power. You can't win just going for value, and tempo is impossible when everybody is still running shredders and annoyatrons. You need to be either pure aggro, pure control, or combo.

Yeah I've given up on many decks recently. Dragon pally, tempo mage, priests, mech shaman... All semi-aggressive midrange decks just lose to fully aggressive decks like facehunter and they aren't favoured against slow controls. Tempo mage preys on other mediocre decks and always loses to hunter and zoo so why the hell would you play it on ladder!

Either play facehunter or druid if you want to rise in ranks.

Dahbomb

Based on stats for Constructed... Aggro and Combo are dominating ladders. Control is in a distant 3rd and that's only because of Control Warrior and Zoolock holding it down.

And yea Dragon synergy at the moment simply isn't good enough. It's fun and good enough to beat lower levels but at the high end it's a struggle

Volimar

They should mix in original packs along with the GvG packs in the arena awards. It's a bit silly to force new players to buy those packs if they want the cards. Eventually the card gap between New and old players is just going to turn new players off of the game. They already have to purchase naxx if they want some of more competitive cards. Add in BRM and its just unrealistic to expect them to have to buy packs as well.

Acinixys

They should mix in original packs along with the GvG packs in the arena awards. It's a bit silly to force new players to buy those packs if they want the cards. Eventually the card gap between New and old players is just going to turn new players off of the game. They already have to purchase naxx if they want some of more competitive cards. Add in BRM and its just unrealistic to expect them to have to buy packs as well.

Yeah

At the moment this "free to play" game actually costs at least $50 if you want to have fun

You need both expansions to have a hope of getting past level 12 in ranked

Maximo

Been having a good run with the Aggro/Midrange Hunter deck lately, it amazes me how many people simply forget Freezing Trap exists, people been playing against face hunter for so long it doesn't even register anymore in their thought process.

Maximo

Dreams over, Trumps put his new hunter deck on Youtube now, everyone is going to use it. No more free wins, he even Titled it *Easy Legend Boys!*

Rapstah

The production guy for the tournament fell asleep. I'm not making this up.

Edit: Gnimsh said he had a break-in and had to stop the burglar but Gnimsh says a lot of stuff.

Here over at HearthStone, we have a special 2 for 1 sale! You won't find any better deals anywhere else! Courtesy of Chromaggus and Nefairian, you canhave 2 cards for 1 today!
After I played a Yesra, I also got two Awakens in a row too.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Tides get's ice block and counter spell from Nefarian in the finals, instead of playing iceblock he plays counterspell........LOL. Forsen won HTC, what a fucking misplay from tides. I think this tournament win redeems forsen from going 0 - 6 in that last tournament.

KuroNeeko

Problem with Constructed is that the two main Rogue decks are very focused in their design and Dark Iron Skulker doesn't fit into that design. If a more control oriented Rogue deck would emerge then this card would see play.

I've had some success with this card in constructed, but it's frustrating that it can't be used with backstab. It's really good against Paladin and Shaman, but I don't feel like it's particularly strong against Warlock who is running high-powered minions by turn five. I guess it coming a turn later than Implosion is helpful, but the 5 mana cost also feel sloooow, especially since you can't combo it.

I mean, it's a good card, but it's not particularly strong against anything though it does buff blade flurry.

Then again, I'm still trying to make Dragon Rogue work so what do I know?

Emperor Thaurissan is big for Druid in Constructed and Druid of the Flame/Volcanic Lumberer are great for Druid in Arena.

The real problem is that one of their bad match ups got a lot better in BRM (Zoolock). It's still really fucking cheesy losing to turn 7 Combo against Druid on Ladder.

ahggSOf.png

Crimson Whelping would make Farseer obsolete. It's basically a better Farseer that comes out earlier, heals for the same amount, has good stats for its mana cost AND is attached to a race.

I know Crimson only heals the hero but lets be real... the Farseer just like Healbot is used to heal face like 90% of the time these days.

I think Battlecry should be "If you are holding a Dragon, heal for 3 damage". That way it's not a just a "replace your Farseers in Handlock with Whelpings" card.

I think the heal face only + lower stats, even for less mana, wouldn't make farseer irrelevant. In some decks, sure. But there still is a lot of utility from healing minions and 2 drops are pretty bad generally speaking, especially one that you don't necessarily want to play on curve anyway just to get the full value out of it.

I wouldn't mind that being a card tbh.

Rapstah

One problem with the "dragon decks will get more viable as they add more dragon cards" argument is that I don't see how they can add any substantial amount of dragon cards for three or four expansions. They can't waste half an expansion on "fixing" the dragon race and also do something cool with the rest of that expansion, unless the next non-adventure expansion is way bigger than GvG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom