• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

KuroNeeko

Turn 1 - Northshire Cleric.
Turn 2- Coin. Velen's Chosen

is so rough in Arena. Was nothing I could do as a Druid for almost 6 turns.

When a priest drops a NC cleric on turn 1, and you don't have removal or a 3 ATK 2-drop, what do you do? Pass and wait for your 3/4 drop?

Watching reynad dropping his spaghetti on tinder is really hilarious. It's worth tuning in to his stream for that alone, although it's not really that hearthstone related.

I think putting tinder on stream is a particularly bad idea. I guess he knows what he needs to do to get viewers, but it'll end in tears.

I think he needs to grow up and shouldn't be encouraged.

When a priest drops a NC cleric on turn 1, and you don't have removal or a 3 ATK 2-drop, what do you do? Pass and wait for your 3/4 drop?

You play something anyway (with 2+ health). Sure the priest gets a card, but that isn't too big of a deal and you get another chance to punish.

Depends on if you are Aggro, Midrange, or Control. The simple answers for each are:

Aggro = Yes
Midrange = Maybe
Control = No

An aggro deck only benefits from the priest wasting a turn. Midrange is usually in a similar boat, but this is more dependent on hand than the aggro is (Aggro can't afford not to play the 2 drop).

Control is all about card advantage. Giving the priest card advantage is the last thing you want to do.

Hektor

warrior wasted all his removal on my other minions

go forth and shine troggzor

I dont have a huge amount of experience with troggzor, but isnt the entire point of this card that it cant be cleanly removed with removal and has to be killed with minions?

Jadax

Alright dudes so I started playing hearthstone, am I right in assuming that I should first get 20/20 cards for each hero? Which means playing vs the innkeeper, getting lvls for each hero and therefore the cards.

Also, I have no friends on bnet since I basically just started lol Add me Jadax#2287 (I'm EU).

Alright dudes so I started playing hearthstone, am I right in assuming that I should first get 20/20 cards for each hero? Which means playing vs the innkeeper, getting lvls for each hero and therefore the cards.

Yep, grind out all the cards and get familiar with each class. You'll probably want to look up a good starting deck once you have them all to take on your first set of real matches.

If you enjoy it, buy Naxx and away you go.

tmespe

Also, I have no friends on bnet since I basically just started lol Add me Jadax#2287 (I'm EU).

It's good to level all the heroes to level 10. Not only do you get all the basic cards, you also get experience and will be better able to chose a class to focus on, as well as being able to know what you are up against while playing against other people.

Jadax

Yep, grind out all the cards and get familiar with each class. You'll probably want to look up a good starting deck once you have them all to take on your first set of real matches.

If you enjoy it, buy Naxx and away you go.

It's good to level all the heroes to level 10. Not only do you get all the basic cards, you also get experience and will be better able to chose a class to focus on, as well as being able to know what you are up against while playing against other people.

Thanks, doing that now - 9/10 so far on Hunter, seem to be getting the hang of this.

I was reading some of the posts here and a lot of the decks recommended contain cards which I don't have yet - are those bought or drops? Generally is it possible to do well with drops or do you have to buy some packs to be competitive vs people.

Rapstah

Thanks, doing that now - 9/10 so far on Hunter, seem to be getting the hang of this.

I was reading some of the posts here and a lot of the decks recommended contain cards which I don't have yet - are those bought or drops? Generally is it possible to do well with drops or do you have to buy some packs to be competitive vs people.

Drops are packs. There's no way to directly buy a specific card. It's possible to be competitive just by spending all the gold you get on packs, or if you're really good at Arena.

Weird Korean tournament going on at http://www.azubu.tv/OGNHearthStoneKR. Lifecoach played... from home, so it was Lifecoach on a TV versus a Korean player who's there. Weird.

Strifecro next.

You don't have to buy anything...it is just a function of how much you play versus how lucky you are. Inevitably you might spend some money to speed things up, but you don't have to worry about that too much yet. Even if you do spend money, there is no guarantee you will get anything good, so initially your cash is best spent on the expansions (Where you know what cards you'll receive).

Any good priest decks that could utilize Vol'jin and Sneed's Old Shredder? Just got these cards from arena packs after a long break from the game.

I've decided the only way I can stomach playing Priest is through spell power cheese. Therefore, I'm convinced the best deck for me is centered around either Malygos or Prophet Velen.

What do you guys think? Both are 10 damage Mind Blast but Malygos is a ton more damage on other cards and Velen is 2 mana cheaper and has better heals.

Rapstah

I've decided the only way I can stomach playing Priest is through spell power cheese. Therefore, I'm convinced the best deck for me is centered around either Malygos or Prophet Velen.

What do you guys think? Both are 10 damage Mind Blast but Malygos is a ton more damage on other cards and Velen is 2 mana cheaper and has better heals.

Velen + 2 * Mind Blast is way more viable than anything involving Malygos now that Thaurissan exists.

bjaelke

Victory \o/

Got myself a Nat Pagle from the pack.

Quadratic

Anyone on NA now playing I can spectate? I want to try and get the free pack from the daily. Thanks.

You can add me with my BT: Quadratic#1998

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I'm about to reach 1000 gold, i kinda want to spend it on packs but the last time i did i got zero legendaries so i'm scared of getting shit again, i'll probably do it anyway. In other news holy shit does Forsen get a shitton of donations, damn it's insane.

Bored so I'm about to open packs and craft some legendaries (preferably in gold) lol. I'm mainly looking at cards that I don't have a regular or a golden version of. There's a couple that I'm looking at, but I'm open to suggestions based off what you guys think looks the best. Here's all the legendaries I have in gold.

Tirion Fordring
Vol'jin
Neptulon
Mal'ganis
Grommash
Harrison Jones
Emperor Thaurissan
Sylvanas
TBK
Dr. Balanced
Baron Geddon
Ragnaros
Alexstrasza
Malygos

I have just about every relevant legendary you can think of, but if they're not on this list, then I don't have them in gold (or at all if it's a garbage legendary). Was thinking about going after a golden Toshley, Jarraxus, and Gazlowe since I don't have a regular or gold version of Toshley or Gazlowe at all. I have a regular version of Jarraxus but was thinking about going after him since he looks boss as fuck. What do you guys think I should craft?

Anyone on NA now playing I can spectate? I want to try and get the free pack from the daily. Thanks.

You can add me with my BT: Quadratic#1998

I also got the same daily quest, added you :)

My BT is Bishameow#1918

Also fuck that feeling when you lose to a naxxramas priest deck when you have already beaten the hell out of him, he was 2 hp while I was holding quite healthy at 25.

Shout-out to Quadratic for helping me out with the quest, and for the useful tips for a noob like me .

Bored so I'm about to open packs and craft some legendaries (preferably in gold) lol. I'm mainly looking at cards that I don't have a regular or a golden version of. There's a couple that I'm looking at, but I'm open to suggestions based off what you guys think looks the best. Here's all the legendaries I have in gold.

Tirion Fordring
Vol'jin
Neptulon
Mal'ganis
Grommash
Harrison Jones
Emperor Thaurissan
Sylvanas
TBK
Dr. Balanced
Baron Geddon
Ragnaros
Alexstrasza
Malygos

I have just about every relevant legendary you can think of, but if they're not on this list, then I don't have them in gold (or at all if it's a garbage legendary). Was thinking about going after a golden Toshley, Jarraxus, and Gazlowe since I don't have a regular or gold version of Toshley or Gazlowe at all. I have a regular version of Jarraxus but was thinking about going after him since he looks boss as fuck. What do you guys think I should craft?

Jarraxus #1
Bloodmage #2

Oh infinite runs? i dunno about that because the most wins i have gotten in arena is 4 and you need like 6 or 7 wins to recoup your gold. I guess i could try it a couple of times and see if it's worth it.
You need 7 wins to get 150 gold guaranteed but the gold you can get from 4-5 wins plus a daily quest can also be around there. You can also get single cards and bits of dust that add up. I have spent enough money on the game to have all the cards I want, though. If you just want a bunch of packs now to pull cards for your collection that might be better for you.

Danj

Today's pack:

LKsRGrT.jpg

Duster

Aren't I right in saying that Jadax should switch to play mode at some point to get more experience rather than just facing the innkeeper?
Three games in that mode also gets some gold and a pack from quests.

Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

Tacitus_

Hunh, those tiny summoners (-1 to first minion cost) stack. Paladin pulled a 4 mana sunwalker and a 2 mana yeti on me. fml

and 0-3, fuck me that was a shitty deck

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Probably around E3 at the earliest that we'll hear anything about the next set..

They've been cranking these out every 4 months or so. I predict late summer or late fall for the next expansion. Like September or so.

Got a winning streak going on in ranked mode. Down to rank 22 while switching between hunter and paladin decks. What's been hurting me the most is my lack of card draw. Often I'll hold back on putting out minions early game so I don't run out of my hand by mid and late.

Always looking to add more : IvanANguyen#1675

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom