• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

So I've missed this Hybrid Hunter-thing completely. They made Face Hunter better by making it slower?
Trump played it in a recent qualifier event and went undefeated with the deck at that event.

555647ddb5ffcHunter.png

Dahbomb

6/6 Cost 8

When you draw a card, also draw a card from your opponent's deck.

Basically removes a card from their deck and adds it to your hand instead. It's like Chromaggus but instead of duplicating your draw for the second card, your second card comes from their deck.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
This is still one of my favorite cards that I've designed.

vwxl9mf.png

Basically, Corrupted Blood is a debuff that at the end of each turn, spreads to adjacent minions and then deals 1 damage to the minion that spread it. Pretty good against decks that run a lot of minions or weak minions, and still a solid body otherwise. The exact mechanics might have to be tweaked, but I really think Hakkar should be in the game and his debuff is infamous.

shira

Had 8 hp and 6 minions on the field.

Opponent has 1hp and 1 card left plays Ragnaros. Fuck. fuck fuccccccccccck!!!1

Y8IHp1J.gif

Ashodin

the idea was to give paladins another consecrate after the first hit in a minion. It's definitely a little out of place, but fits with the Scarlet Champion and what he does. Which is a holy whirlwind.

Dahbomb

Dark Iron Skulker is legit. It's severely underestimated right now.
It's the best Rare card available to Rogue in Arena at the moment. Whenever that card gets played there it changes the tide of the board.

Problem with Constructed is that the two main Rogue decks are very focused in their design and Dark Iron Skulker doesn't fit into that design. If a more control oriented Rogue deck would emerge then this card would see play.

Or maybe it's just one of those things where a pro player puts him in his deck and then wins big with it. I think for this card to enter high level Constructed, Grim Patron deck needs to move down the rankings a bit because as it stands this card is useless against Patron.

Dahbomb

Can't wait for Hybrid Hunter 2.0 when someone figures out that putting Dr Balanced in that deck would make it even better! Just like with the new Grin Patron decks that are floating around these days.

Surprised to see Dragon Warrior higher than regular Control Warrior though. The rest is more or less what you expect and see on Ladder these days... Hunter, Zoolock, Handlock, Grim Patron with the usual Combo Druids and Control Warriors. You also see the occasional Mech and Flamewaker Mages plus the sad Dragadins.

Boba2007

I just took 5 seconds to put a bunch of mechs in a mage deck and it's winning every game.

They really need to work on balancing Hearthstone.

I just took 5 seconds to put a bunch of mechs in a mage deck and it's winning every game.

The method they are using right now is pretty effective. They just slip a streamer $5 to say "mech mage isn't that good" and it dies right off.

Danj

Every game at... rank 20? 5? Legend? If it's the latter please share your list

I'd also be interested in knowing which "bunch of mechs" it is that you're using. I have sort of a Mech Mage deck but I'm not seeing its performance as winning every game.

Playing against a mage in arena (like you do).

The board is empty, so I play a 6/6 crusher, having nothing better to do. He/she replies with a flamewaker into arcane missiles into ping. I no longer have a crusher on the board.

The game we play.

Christos

Playing against a mage in arena (like you do).

The board is empty, so I play a 6/6 crusher, having nothing better to do. He/she replies with a flamewaker into arcane missiles into ping. I no longer have a crusher on the board.

The game we play.

'Is this constructed?' :D

Emperor Thaurissan is big for Druid in Constructed and Druid of the Flame/Volcanic Lumberer are great for Druid in Arena.

The real problem is that one of their bad match ups got a lot better in BRM (Zoolock). It's still really fucking cheesy losing to turn 7 Combo against Druid on Ladder.

If Druid's matchups got worse, then Druid is weaker by definition. I don't see Druid getting better against anyone as a result of BRM. Emp Thaus cheese is still hard to pull off effectively. I've done a 20+ point combo a couple of times as a result, but it's rare. You still need all the right cards in hand when you lay down Thauss.

ViviOggi

If Druid's matchups got worse, then Druid is weaker by definition. I don't see Druid getting better against anyone as a result of BRM. Emp Thaus cheese is still hard to pull off effectively. I've done a 20+ point combo a couple of times as a result, but it's rare. You still need all the right cards in hand when you lay down Thauss.
Regular combo is bullshit enough lol, Emperor is just gravy. His purpose in Druid is giving you huge tempo turns by letting you spam more beefy 5+ minions than usual or draw with Lore + put down a second significant threat on turn 8/9, which is incredibly hard to deal with and plays perfectly into the combo win condition. There is way more synergy than only the dream of Force + double Roar, like multiple Swipes/Wraths for efficient removal, multiple taunts vs aggro or charged Claw + Roar(s), Drake Swipes, taunts together with removal... whenever you get more than two cards discounted it's value and opens up huge swing opportunities.

TheMink

My game is not moving at all right now... is this a connection issue?

Its not even counting down his turn, but i don't want to concede... I'm on a win streak win :(

ViviOggi

My game is not moving at all right now... is this a connection issue?

Its not even counting down his turn, but i don't want to concede... I'm on a win streak win :(
Sounds like the desync issue, you've probably lost the match by now. In the future when you suspect it's happening again immediately restart the game and it will usually reconnect you to the match and proceed without problems.

TheMink

Sounds like the desync issue, you've probably lost the match by now. In the future when you suspect it's happening again immediately restart the game and it will usually reconnect you to the match and proceed without problems.

ahh ok, thanks.

yup lost haha

You need to say which region you are in and you have to include the bit after the # as well.

So for example I am Danj#2393 on EU.
Opps sorry.

I actually had a real fun match against a gaffer here named Demisa if I spelled that correctly.

Bornsteller#1143 on US (Americas & Southeast Asia)

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Is there a good sub for Dread Corsair in Patron Warrior? He feels like the least important card in the deck. I'm not even sure why he's in there. Even if he's cheap, a 3/3 taunt is not really substantial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom