• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

Got a winning streak going on in ranked mode. Down to rank 22 while switching between hunter and paladin decks. What's been hurting me the most is my lack of card draw. Often I'll hold back on putting out minions early game so I don't run out of my hand by mid and late.

Always looking to add more : IvanANguyen#1675

North American server?

ViviOggi

Got a winning streak going on in ranked mode. Down to rank 22 while switching between hunter and paladin decks. What's been hurting me the most is my lack of card draw. Often I'll hold back on putting out minions early game so I don't run out of my hand by mid and late.

Always looking to add more : IvanANguyen#1675

Sounds like you're running bad minions and/or too low of a curve tbh

Maximo

So went 7-3 in arena with druid and i got exactly 1000 gold to buy 10 packs and i unpacked Cenarius which was the card i wanted so bad to complete my druid deck. Today has been a good day boys.

Nice, dam everyone doing so well in Arena gave it a break for a few weeks and just doing Daily's and Hunter for quick gold, might give it another try and see if I can get on average more then 4 wins >.>. Probably my fault for doing Arena's on my mobile and not the Laptop with DeckTracker.

KuroNeeko

I've got a bad habit of always wanting to clear the board. I gave up tempo and board to sack both of my Fireguard Destroyers into Dr. Boom when I should have just went face and forced him to deal with my threats.

I'd completely dominated him the entire game, but that one Boom and my misplay cost me the match - well, that and Forked Lightning missing Boom (1/3 chance).

I like the atmosphere behind Shaman, but I feel like it needs some work. When you get the totem you want, it's awesome, but you really need some RL luck to make some of the cards work. The difference between a 4/6 and 7/6 Fire Destroyer is pretty big.

Maybe it's my fault for playing Forked Lightning....

Also, pulled a Baron Geddon today when all I want is a Ysera (or a Sylvanas.) Can I use this guy for anything? I'm a Control player at heart.

LiveWire

I just had to share this anecdote:

I'm playing Control (Giants) Mage vs. Control Warrior. After YOLOing out 4 Molten Giants (3 taunted) on a turn and getting Brawled the next turn, the warrior starts taunting me. He gets me down to 15, and kills off my Dr Boom with the first hit of his Death's Bite (while I had a Duplicate up), leaving my two Boom Bots. His next turn he plays Grommash, thinking he has me dead to rights. Two 4-point Boom Bots to Grommash's face and two more Dr Booms later, he concedes.

hqdefault.jpg

This shit is balanced, B-A-L-A-N-C-E-D! ;D

Dahbomb

Shaman is just a poorly designed class in general. Their gimmick should've just stopped at the Overload mechanic but instead they had to layer the class with a ton of RNG. Totem spawns are random and so are their spells.

KuroNeeko

This shit is balanced, B-A-L-A-N-C-E-D! ;D

I like playing at my rank (around 17~18.) Once I get around 15, it starts turning in Dr. Boom all night long. At least at the higher ranks, some of my jankier stuff like Reincarnate Shaman, Baron Riverdale / Death Rattle, and Dragon Rogue has a chance...

Shaman is just a poorly designed class in general. Their gimmick should've just stopped at the Overload mechanic but instead they had to layer the class with a ton of RNG. Totem spawns are random and so are their spells.

My eyes are open. :/

I'll probably keep playing it though. Reincarnate is too much fun.

I just took a Druid arena deck from 1-2 to 8-2. Will continue in the morning. The damn deck only has one card that costs 6+ mana, and that card is Force of Nature. Late game is tough for me.

KuroNeeko

I just took a Druid arena deck from 1-2 to 8-2. Will continue in the morning. The damn deck only has one card that costs 6+ mana, and that card is Force of Nature. Late game is tough for me.

Holy crap! Grats!

Sometimes I wonder if it isn't more effective to intentionally lose the first match in Arena. Back in my M:TG days, we'd sometimes choose to lose the first match so we could enter the loser brackets...

Been using the hybrid hunter to get up to rank 7, but just feel like I've stalled out. Can't beat druid, patron warrior or freeze mage, and coin flip with other hunters. Do pretty well vs warlock, but not seeing a lot of those anymore. What decks are working best right now to from rank 7 to 1?

Been using the hybrid hunter to get up to rank 7, but just feel like I've stalled out. Can't beat druid, patron warrior or freeze mage, and coin flip with other hunters. Do pretty well vs warlock, but not seeing a lot of those anymore. What decks are working best right now to from rank 7 to 1?

I've always heard of people switching to control around rank 5.

Not sure how viable that is now..

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

I'm at 5 right now mainly doing zoo with some druid sprinkled in. Haven't played to see if I hit a wall there though.

KuroNeeko

Boy, do I have the deck for you!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Kibler Stream: Nefarian to Sacrifice Demon against Jaraxxus THE DREAM
HBoYecp.gif

manhack

As much as face hunter is a PIA to play against there is nothing better than being down to 2 health vs. a face hunter and coming back to win.

Drew Truesilver, belcher, guardian of kings and holy light all in a row for the win LOL

Cat Party

It's not for the faint of heart. You have to embrace the RNG to live the Shaman life.

It's still my favorite class to play because of the potential for incredible damage bursts early in the game.

KuroNeeko

Started weaning myself off of Mage and Paladin in Arena. I just don't enjoy those classes that much. Pushing the Summon Recruit button is fun, but otherwise - meh.

Playing as Druid (and I suspect Rogue) in Arena has really taught me to respect the hero ability. I like playing Druid in Constructed (as well as Priest, Shaman, and Rogue) but it just feels like it has so much less of an impact in that format.

Kind of sucks going against Mage, Mage, Mage, Mage, Paladin, Paladin, Paladin, Paladin. The whole thing reminds me of WoW and how classes "aren't balanced around PvE / PvP!"

It's not for the faint of heart. You have to embrace the RNG to live the Shaman life.

It's still my favorite class to play because of the potential for incredible damage bursts early in the game.

I don't really care as much about early damage. I prefer to lock down the board and chip away at the enemy. I like how the Taunt, SP, and Healing totems provide subtle buffs that add up over the game. Screw that fire totem guy though.

Haunted

Dr. Boom so strong, it even counters Patron Warrior. He sacked his charged Grim Patrons into the Boom Bots to buff his Frothings and they both ended up dead from the bombs. :lol

FeD.nL

They should just give Boom Salty Dog stats and rescale the bombs to 1-3.

Edit: perhaps even rescale them to 0-3 where the bombs have a chance of misfiring, goblin tech and all.

Xanathus

More like Boom worthless trash

Either rescale the deathrattle damage or make the bots 0/1s

Making bots 0/1s effectively buffs Druid and Warrior because the bots are still a huge threat with those classes because they can be easily activated with Whirlwind/Savage Roar, but it makes Boom useless for other classes.

My opponent has a Blackwing that has taken 1 point of damage (so a 2/3)

Next turn he plays a Stormwind Champion making it a 3/5.

I silence the Stormwind, it becomes a 2/4.

What?

Haunted

Making bots 0/1s effectively buffs Druid and Warrior because the bots are still a huge threat with those classes because they can be easily activated with Whirlwind/Savage Roar, but it makes Boom useless for other classes.
Having to activate them with additional cards instead of simply being able to trade still makes them strictly worse than before. It's just less of a nerf for classes that run buffs/damage all spells.

My opponent has a Blackwing that has taken 1 point of damage (so a 2/3)

He plays a Stormwind Champion making it a 3/5.

I silence the Stormwind, it becomes a 2/4.

What?
Works as intended. That's how HP buffs work (the +1 max HP buff is also essentially a +1 current HP heal, otherwise silencing Stormwind Champion when there's a 1HP minion on the board would kill that minion). Also from what you're saying, it should've been a 3/4 with Stormwind Champion on the board.

For other fun Stormwind Champion interactions, try swapping a buffed minion's stats with Crazed Alchemist and see what happens.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Don't like the idea of making the bots 0/1. Make him a 7/5 and then the boom bot deathrattle should do a straight 2 damage.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
After getting my ass kicked by Warlock zoo 5 times in a row i can confidently say that Demon zoo is the new cancer, face hunter has been dethroned, everyone plays zoo warlock now. I wish i had the cards to play freeze mage at my current rank.

Parshias7

Don't like the idea of making the bots 0/1. Make him a 7/5 and then the boom bot deathrattle should do a straight 2 damage.

They definitely need to reduce the damage on the bots. Make it 1-2 if you still want it to be random. 4 damage max is absolutely ridiculous.

After getting my ass kicked by Warlock zoo 5 times in a row i can confidently say that Demon zoo is the new cancer, face hunter has been dethroned, everyone plays zoo warlock now. I wish i had the cards to play freeze mage at my current rank.

I started playing Freeze Mage because everyone was talking about all the Zoos they were running into on the ladder, but I've hardly seen any of them. I had to switch over to playing Zoo myself. I'm just now climbing out of the low ranks, so maybe I'll see it more when I get past Rank 10.

They definitely need to reduce the damage on the bots. Make it 1-2 if you still want it to be random. 4 damage max is absolutely ridiculous.

I got hit in the face for 7 damage from Boom Bots at least 3 different times last night. It cost me the game every single time.

Opiate

Yes, the meta has shifted to zoo warlock.

I don't really feel it's "demon zoo," at least at my rank. The deck includes direwolf alphas, abusive seargents, crawlers, dark iron dwarves, argent defenders, among others; I think of "demon zoo" as having mistress of pains and other demons instead.

Parshias7

I got hit in the face for 7 damage from Boom Bots at least 3 different times last night. It cost me the game every single time.

I was playing against a guy who played Boom yesterday, and so I made it follow the rules. I had the 3/3 peacekeeper and a 5/5 Dragon Consort out. The bots cleared my board without even needing to use the 1/7 Boom. As you might assume, I lost that game.

embalm

I was running into a lot of Zoolock & Hybrid Hunter. So I switched to a midrange reincarnate Shaman. I had a nice 8 game winstreak.

Fireguards proved hard for Zoo to deal with, I imagine it's the 6 health that causes problems. Hybrid hunter was just too slaw and gets controlled by shaman pretty easily, just have to draw that hex for Highmane to win. I was struggling against boards of 1 or low health minions without lightning storm, so I might add a pyromancer if I play the deck again tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom