• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadax

Given I might do better in arena in the future: How much time would it consume to buy the singleplayer wings with in game coins?
Depends how much you play - I think you can earn gold from quests + daily games cap (100g).

Each wing costs 700g - so Maximum 7 days if you're very active (30 wins per day)?

If not, longer - much longer.

zoukka

wow...

I was losing big time. Play unstable portal and behold mortals!

xcyDNVd.jpg

The most sad part? Priest had TWO mind visions left in his hand after I played him :D Jesus christ that must be frustrating.

Durden77

Yup, it sucks.

Save for Naxxramas. Most bang for your buck, you are guaranteed amazing cards that see tons of play. The first wing alone with Haunted Creeper and Webspinner is great.

Thought about Thermafugg, if he was 8 manga 6/8 like KT or Chromaggus he would probably be better

Thanks. That'll be a ways off but will do! Can ypu unlock the entire thing with gold if you're patient enough?

I had it work out okay in a deck with 5 Shielded Minibots.

I guess but its more of a turn 7 play then anything and a weak turn 7 at that. Should just be redesigned to, if you have a mech in your hand give this minion a divine shield, would make it a lot more playable even in constructed.

Still managed to scrape out a 4-3 but really was not happy with the draft i had.

Xanathus

Hahaha, what the hell everyone's playing demon zoolock at rank 3-4 on NA. Thanks to that I easily got my 6 wins with Mage in one go with Freeze Mage.

I guess but its more of a turn 7 play then anything and a weak turn 7 at that. Should just be redesigned to, if you have a mech in your hand give this minion a divine shield, would make it a lot more playable even in constructed.

Still managed to scrape out a 4-3 but really was not happy with the draft i had.

I thought Cobalt Guardian gave itself Divine Shield when played. If not, that is an even worse card than I thought.

Looking at HearthArena, either I've recently leveld up my Arena skills, or all the less good players who were hording coins for wings of BRM have come back, because my average wins jumps up by nearly 3 wins per run when I filter to only the last 30 days of arenas (from 3ish to 6ish).

Could just be on a pretty good streak though

br3wnor

Thanks. That'll be a ways off but will do! Can ypu unlock the entire thing with gold if you're patient enough?

I did it, had about 400g when BRM was released (April 2), played probably 4-5 days a week since, never more than an hour a session, and I'm about 500g away from finally unlocking the last wing. So overall about 2 months, it's not too bad really, just reroll all the 40g daily quests and do them and you'll be good.

I thought Cobalt Guardian gave itself Divine Shield when played. If not, that is an even worse card than I thought.

What it does is when you play a Mech after you have him on the board you get a divine shield so at turn 5 its complete rubbish, its a turn 6-7 play at the earliest, only way i see this being good is if you have a lot of mech cards in your hand and are able to refresh the shield every turn.

Durden77

What do you guys mean be rerolling quests? Sorry I'm a total hardcore n00b to tha max. I'm really liking this game a lot more than I expected though. Only been running Hunter, but just started using the Warlock last night and he's so fun. Not giving a fuck about health and killing people with like 2 health left when they had like 25 is the best

Rapstah

What do you guys mean be rerolling quests? Sorry I'm a total hardcore n00b to tha max. I'm really liking this game a lot more than I expected though. Only been running Hunter, but just started using the Warlock last night and he's so fun. Not giving a fuck about health and killing people with like 2 health left when they had like 25 is the best

In the quest list, there's a cross in the top left (right?) corner of every quest you can click once per day to replace one of them with a random new quest.

This doesn't apply if you're still getting the tutorial quests like beating someone in ranked mode, although it sounds like you should be way past that.

Durden77

In the quest list, there's a cross in the top left (right?) corner of every quest you can click once per day to replace one of them with a random new quest.

This doesn't apply if you're still getting the tutorial quests like beating someone in ranked mode, although it sounds like you should be way past that.

Ahhh ok cool. So pretty much I should always reroll quests 40 or lower and hope to get something higher?

Xanathus

Ahhh ok cool. So pretty much I should always reroll quests 40 or lower and hope to get something higher?

40 is the lowest and yeah you should reroll 40s and keep 60s and above. One thing though is that if you're new and do not have a good deck for certain classes, you may want to reroll quests that you're having trouble completing.

Another thing is that there is actually a buffer of ~3 quests after you have 3 daily quests, e.g. if you already have 3 daily quests and don't complete any before the next day, it will still store the next day's quest in this buffer so that when you complete one of them, you will still have 3 quests remaining. HOWEVER, if you reroll any quests it will completely erase your buffered extra quests.

JesseZao

Given I might do better in arena in the future: How much time would it consume to buy the singleplayer wings with in game coins?

Hard to say if you pay arena, but it would take at least a month of playing constructed every day. Target being 3500g at about 100g/day. Comes down to how many 60g (or 100g) quests you get.

Rapstah

I read on the artist's website that the art for Mirror Entity was originally commissioned for the WOW TCG (like 99% of the art in HS) but then never used for anything in the WOW TCG because they changed the item it was supposed to be for. I wonder if the various artists just completely signed over the rights to their art to Blizzard when they made it for the TCG for Blizzard to be able to re-use the art in this separate project. Is that generally how these things work? I have no idea.

portallarge_ravenmimun9pwz.jpg

Not sure what the art has to do with the concept of what Mirror Entity does. Have they played Portal?

Durden77

40 is the lowest and yeah you should reroll 40s and keep 60s and above. One thing though is that if you're new and do not have a good deck for certain classes, you may want to reroll quests that you're having trouble completing.

Another thing is that there is actually a buffer of ~3 quests after you have 3 daily quests, e.g. if you already have 3 daily quests and don't complete any before the next day, it will still store the next day's quest in this buffer so that when you complete one of them, you will still have 3 quests remaining. HOWEVER, if you reroll any quests it will completely erase your buffered extra quests.

Awesome info, thanks!

Dreavus

I read on the artist's website that the art for Mirror Entity was originally commissioned for the WOW TCG (like 99% of the art in HS) but then never used for anything in the WOW TCG because they changed the item it was supposed to be for. I wonder if the various artists just completely signed over the rights to their art to Blizzard when they made it for the TCG for Blizzard to be able to re-use the art in this separate project. Is that generally how these things work? I have no idea.

http://abload.de/img/portallarge_ravenmimun9pwz.jpg[IMG]

Not sure what the art has to do with the concept of what Mirror Entity does. Have they played Portal?[/QUOTE]

Looking at the image blown up like this, it really does look like just one guy going through a portal and not being duplicated. Not to mention the Orange and Blue portal reference.

I think it's less the artist signing over rights to one of his/her pieces and more that the art was commissioned by Blizzard in the first place, so they can use it in other projects if they want. Especially since it wasn't actually used for the original game.

EDIT: Oh man, I totally missed the companion cube design on his armor too.

Volimar

Wow I didn't know that.

So, just for funsies I was sitting here thinking of a way to give classes a secondary hero power (inspired from Gwent in Witcher 3). I came up with this:

You can slot any class spell from your collection as your hero power. A 31st card as it were. One time use, mana cost is the same as it would be on the card. Spell doesn't count as a card in your deck, so Mage could still carry two fireballs and use a third as the hero power, for example. Original hero power is replaced with this spell. Available in constructed only (too awkward a fit for Arena).

What do you guys think? Most "game breaking" scenario I could think of with it is Druid getting constant access to Force Of Nature, making combo easier. For other classes it would seem balanced (if not outright useless!) since they lose access to the default hero power that all classes seem to rely on.

Mirimar

For that idea to work, you'd need to limit the casting cost to 2 mana for the spells. Not just having to worry about Force of Nature, but there are tons of spells that would be broken with this. Having a Flame Strike available anytime on turn 7 is pretty crazy. Twisting Nether would probably actually see use..lol

Playing Rogue is pretty awesome when I have double preperation in hand and end up dumping 9 cards for 18/18 VanCleef

Even got a pretty nuts almost OTK once using double prep, double oils, double eviscerate, blade flurry and a minion

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I drafted the most awkward ass mage deck. 2 pyroblasts, 3 sunwalkers, 2 flamestrikes. I had terrible options otherwise, but man this is going to be way too slow.

I think this game is trying to tell me something... In the past 2 weeks I've purchased maybe 28-30 cards packs through paypal and ingame rewards. I've had jack shit... 0 legendaries, maybe 5 epics, 10 rares and common cards. I've ended up DE'ing over 50 cards on two different occasions.

Hearthstone is becoming my new crack habit.

Brofist

Was playing my Dragon Pally on ladder last night against a mage and Nefarian gave me a pyroblast and ice block. Sorry mage :(

Tubie

Hello Hearthstone OT!

I decided to check if there was a GAF community for this game, and I'm delighted to find this OT to be very active. I used to play this game back when it came out, but then I rage quit after a month or so (mainly due to so many zoo and aggro decks).

This game being available on mobile is what pulled me back in, it's such an incredible way to not be productive at work without anyone noticing! lol

Right now I'm mostly playing Priest, Mage and Hunter, there's so much new stuff to absorb. I went ahead and bought the expansions, so I'm still absorbing those cards.

Hello Hearthstone OT!

I decided to check if there was a GAF community for this game, and I'm delighted to find this OT to be very active. I used to play this game back when it came out, but then I rage quit after a month or so (mainly due to so many zoo and aggro decks).

This game being available on mobile is what pulled me back in, it's such an incredible way to not be productive at work without anyone noticing! lol

Right now I'm mostly playing Priest, Mage and Hunter, there's so much new stuff to absorb. I went ahead and bought the expansions, so I'm still absorbing those cards.

Well I'm glad to tell you there are MORE THEN EVER NOW

If you need any help we are pretty helpful here.

I'll be honest, I hope the next content drop completely fucks up the meta. Something like a major balance change or Death Knight being added or crazy new mechanics. I just want to see people doing crazy shit every match but it's probably not possible ):

johnsmith

remember me
Decided to finish up an arena i started a month ago. God do I hate arena. I'm not even kidding when I say every fucking person has had legendaries.

I don't think i can handle playing 100+ arenas like I did with GvG. Probably gonna burn all my gold on packs.

clav

Jumping into ranked on my second day was probably a bad idea but I NEED that Ninja Deck. Level 21 right now.

There are new card backs for every month.

Also, there are card back unlockables for completing the single player expansion packs.

unless you meant 0-3, you gotta keep trucking, I went from 0-2 to 5-3 and 6-3 last night.

Finished 1-3. Was so angry at my last run because I misplayed.

At least I know now you can't double windfury a minion.

Had a decent Shaman deck, too.

wrongway

Jumping into ranked on my second day was probably a bad idea but I NEED that Ninja Deck. Level 21 right now.

You can do it buddy! I've been noobing it up the last few days myself and just crossed the threshold. :D

And just as an aside, I feel like Ranked is a better experience anyway. Matchmaking seems super newbie-hostile in Casual mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom