• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Legendary spectator pack delivers yet again with a golden Malygos.

I've genuinely pulled Baron Geddon, Alexastra, The Black Knight and now golden Malygos. All from free spectator packs
WTF man..

I have gotten less Spectator quests than you have gotten Legendaries off of Spectator packs.

KuroNeeko

The players / casters are the biggest obstacle when it comes to attracting female gamers. It's pretty embarrassing to watch casters evaluate the minute details of a game between two guys I only to follow with poorly veiled innuendo, speculation about a female player's love life, or general kawaii comments.

How about treating all participants with the same amount of professional courtesy and respect? Granted, not all casters are guilty of this.

CoolOff

The players / casters are the biggest obstacle when it comes to attracting female gamers. It's pretty embarrassing to watch casters evaluate the minute details of a game between two guys I only to follow with poorly veiled innuendo, speculation about a female player's love life, or general kawaii comments.

How about treating all participants with the same amount of professional courtesy and respect? Granted, not all casters are guilty of this.

Could you give an example of someone in the Hearthstone scene doing this?

I mean, for this tournament half the spots are qualifiers and that's true for a lot of the online-tournaments as well (if you don't wanna spend a weekend with a bunch of nerds in a Romanian castle). I think it's a problem that the scene is so male-dominated, but I can't find proof that the fault lies with the tournament-organizers.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I finally made it to rank 4 after being stuck in rank 5 forever, strangely i did with handlock because i was really struggling with that type of deck before. I might do the crazy thing and try to go for legend this season but that's like 40 wins in a row in two days, seem too insurmountable in so little time.

I finally made it to rank 4 after being stuck in rank 5 forever, strangely i did with handlock because i was really struggling with that type of deck before. I might do the crazy thing and try to go for legend this season but that's like 40 wins in a row in two days, seem too insurmountable in so little time.

Wait what? How many stars are between 4 and legend. I'm @ 5 nearing 4 and would like to understand what I need to do.

I'd probably instantly explode if I played him against a rogue

There's no way I see a permanent preperation going anywhere but down

This exact thing happened to me the other day, but I was the Rogue, and the Paladin inexplicably chose to replay Millhouse the next turn. I played a free Sprint that pulled Violet Teacher, so I played her, daggered up, double Deadly Poison into dagger swing plus Blade Flurry, Shivved face twice, and finished with the second Sprint. I ended the turn with a nearly full hand, a Violet teacher, and an almost full board of Apprentices. Dude just conceded. I have no idea what he was thinking playing that Millhouse.

zoukka

I faced the same player (named Hogger) twice in a row in ladder. And in both times he got Milhouse out of a shredder -.-

Midrange hunter is a great counter to any patron shenanigans btw.

Rapstah

The most "base" Priest these days is probably Lightbomb Priest? Take out the Lightbombs and replace them with your gimmick of choice (personally, Velen and Mind Blasts) and it's probably around as good as Lightbomb Priest.

The most "base" Priest these days is probably Lightbomb Priest? Take out the Lightbombs and replace them with your gimmick of choice (personally, Velen and Mind Blasts) and it's probably around as good as Lightbomb Priest.

I don't think you can just take out lightbombs and play the deck well. Those are pretty damn irreplaceable. It'd be like running oil rogue with preparation. I mean, yeah... you have some of the pieces, but the thing that makes the deck really work is missing entirely. The two cards make all the difference imo.

Thanks for the heads up guys. I'll see what I can mess around with. Currently I've defaulted to Mindblast/Velen, which isn't bad, but it's all been done before. Dragon Priest was fun but it always seemed to lag a bit behind more often than not and I'm not sure what it is. Tried messing around with a Kripp-ish aggro dragon deck but that only seemed to get lucky in order to win. After that I went crazy with a Shadowbomber/Double Blast/Leeroy deck but it never felt right / could draw enough.

I want to do something crazy but either Priest isn't a good class for it or I'm just playing/building the deck wrong. Guess I'll just have to keep expirmenenting till something feels right.

Terra

Finishing this season on rank 14 with my home made priest deck.
Pretty sure this is an all time high for me.

Never looking at internet decks, just making my own :).

Hektor

I just drafted 3 Flamestrikes, Alextraza, a Moltengiant, Pyroblast and a Bloodknight in arena. I feel so dirty.

7:3.

Next draft:
AxmvqgX.png

TASTE MY SKILL

iNvid02

praise jungle panther, managed to win me the game after i overextended and he brought out motherfuckin deathwing in arena

Xater

I am trying to get back into this. Just bought Blackrock and don't have that many cards from the first expansion. So building some decent decks could end up being challenging I guess?

cHinzo

Hey guys. I just started out playing this game a couple of days ago. Having lots of fun atm. Is it possible to reach rank 20 with those basic decks? I don't have many cards yet and I only went 3-3 in my first arena run (most awful draft, playing a mage without fireballs, flamestrikes, polymorphs or pyroblast... Only saw one frostbolt lol and went against a mage with 3 flame strikes, 2 fireballs, some legendaries and a pyroblast in the face as finisher -.-).

Also, whats the best way to spend those early gold on? I love doing arena, but it's more expensive than just buying packs, since I'm not very good at it yet. :d buying those wings for the expansions are also interesting, but they cost hella much. Unlocking the first wing seems like great value though, because of Emperor Thaurissan. Some help is appreciated!

Xanathus

Hey guys. I just started out playing this game a couple of days ago. Having lots of fun atm. Is it possible to reach rank 20 with those basic decks? I don't have many cards yet and I only went 3-3 in my first arena run (most awful draft, playing a mage without fireballs, flamestrikes, polymorphs or pyroblast... Only saw one frostbolt lol and went against a mage with 3 flame strikes, 2 fireballs, some legendaries and a pyroblast in the face as finisher -.-).

Also, whats the best way to spend those early gold on? I love doing arena, but it's more expensive than just buying packs, since I'm not very good at it yet. :d buying those wings for the expansions are also interesting, but they cost hella much. Unlocking the first wing seems like great value though, because of Emperor Thaurissan. Some help is appreciated!

It's definitely possible to reach rank 20 though you may need to play during the end of the month, and probably want to tweak your deck with the better basic cards (look up basic Mage decks). Arena has the highest value for your gold even if it costs higher than a pack because you get a better return in the form of crafting dust and spare gold as long as you can get more than 3 wins.

cHinzo

It's definitely possible to reach rank 20 though you may need to play during the end of the month, and probably want to tweak your deck with the better basic cards (look up basic Mage decks). Arena has the highest value for your gold even if it costs higher than a pack because you get a better return in the form of crafting dust and spare gold as long as you can get more than 3 wins.

e5adfc3dda.jpg

Thanks for recommending a basic mage deck! Got 7 straight wins with it and reached rank 20 I think. :D This deck is pretty great for new players I guess. I love the amount of control u have on the board with those cheap removals.

The last game before 20 was tough though. That other guy played King Mukla, Illidan Stormrage and Sneed's Old Shredder lol. The amount of legendaries. >_< Luckily I top dicked a Polymorph when he played Sneed's Old Shredder and I had a Flamestrike + Arcane Missiles to take the other 2 guys out. Talk about RNG. :d At the end he had 7 hp left and I had a 4/7 Water Elemental on the board and he tapped to bring his HP down to 5. xD rip.

It's not recommended to play Ranked at the beginning of the month, because of the ranks reset right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom