• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can do it! I think this month's card back is one of the best yet.

There are new card backs for every month.

Also, there are card back unlockables for completing the single player expansion packs.

You can do it buddy! I've been noobing it up the last few days myself and just crossed the threshold. :D

And just as an aside, I feel like Ranked is a better experience anyway. Matchmaking seems super newbie-hostile in Casual mode.

Thanks guys. Almost there and it is by far the best looking card back I've seen. Came on right on time.

Edit: I made it!

Had a decent run this morning.

cydEvgC.jpg

Most wins I've ever got, actually. It was seven before, but I don't play arena a lot so I'm proud of this. lol

Tacitus_

Damn that shaman had good draw RNG. He is topdicking all this time. First he gets hex, then fire elly, then dr boom, then azure into his 2nd lighting storm.

Tubie

So what's the secret to getting a good Arena deck?

-_-

The last 3 times I've tried arena I got the shittiest cards imaginable.

Rosenskjold

Took a break from my exam paper in the middle of the night (worked it on for 24 hours straight pretty much), and got a new record in arena :D! Best exam break ever

TvYwVOl.jpg

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Bomb Lobber such a great arena card. Got a pair of it and was able to take a really mediocre paladin duck up to 7 wins.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Bomb Lobber such a great arena card. Got a pair of it and was able to take a really mediocre paladin duck up to 7 wins.

Yeah its kinda like stampeding kodo but a little less situational for a hit in stats.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I need to do the quest that is "Watch a friend win in spectator mode" any volunteers? Please.
Took a break from my exam paper in the middle of the night (worked it on for 24 hours straight pretty much), and got a new record in arena :D! Best exam break ever
TvYwVOl.jpg
And here I am wishing Arena would grant me the ability to play Mage. Just once. I love Mage cards.

Just got Gahz'rilla from a 7 win Arena, is it worth keeping or dust the bastard ?
Depends on what type of Hunter you like to play and if you need the dust for something else. If you never see yourself playing control Hunter ever, then it's a pointless card to have. However, unless you're going to craft something right away, you don't need to dust him.

Personally I think he's a cool card but he doesn't fit in any decks hunters use right now.

NA only server I assume means I'll have to start a new HS account there? If so, that sucks :( Won't have any cards to play with.

We just had an EU tournament. It was good fun, we might have another in a month or two.

I'd say it'll depend on numbers, you need 16 players really.

Ladekabel

Decided to do one arena run before I save up for the singeleplayer wings. I'm on 2:2. And it is amazing how many hunters draft Gahz'rilla and have an kill command in the turn after they play that bastard.

x Misogi

Decided to do one arena run before I save up for the singeleplayer wings. I'm on 2:2. And it is amazing how many hunters draft Gahz'rilla and have an kill command in the turn after they play that bastard.

They're more likely than not just getting it from Webspinner

Stanng243

I'm very new to hearthstone. I decided to unlock the first wing of blackrock mountain. Those heroic challenges are kicking my ass. Is there any good builds/strategies for beating them?

Hari Seldon

Started getting really into hearthstone the last month. Is there any timetable on when they are going to add features to this game like web viewing of your cards and replays and shit? I sit around and talk about the game with my friends but we have no way to show each other our cards and decks and shit. This game needs some quality of life features badly.

ViviOggi

Started getting really into hearthstone the last month. Is there any timetable on when they are going to add features to this game like web viewing of your cards and replays and shit? I sit around and talk about the game with my friends but we have no way to show each other our cards and decks and shit. This game needs some quality of life features badly.
nothing of the sort, and yes it absolutely does. took them like a year to add a barebones spectator mode so...

I asked myself if this Viagame has any female competitors this time, but I have to wonder if any females players would even consider going in the first place. I would like to see them do something about it, but the professionalism it would require might be too much for these streaming celebs.

clav

Not any time soon.

Perhaps never.

I asked myself if this Viagame has any female competitors this time, but I have to wonder if any females players would even consider going in the first place. I would like to see them do something about it, but the professionalism it would require might be too much for these streaming celebs.

Part of the criticism for competitive Hearthstone is that the invites are skewed towards well-known streamers.

gutshot

Were you around for the whole magicamy saga?

Not any time soon.

Perhaps never.

Part of the criticism for competitive Hearthstone is that the invites are skewed towards well-known streamers.

There's plenty of people I've never seen before in my life on twitch playing in these cups.

And there's the whole every time I watch they make the only female presenter/person there do interviews with the players which are super awkward every time, or generally given a task completely separate from the rest of the male casters.

At least they have a table now so they aren't super awkward their hands.

Were you around for the whole magicamy saga?

Yup, I'm not sure what you mean bringing it up though? She should have zero effect in inviting other female competitors to the cup.

CoolOff

So you want it in a browser, but have no access to a phone or tablet at the same time? As for decks, there are a ton of websites where you can create decks if it's for showing them off. Tempostorm and Hearthpwn come to mind.

iirate

Yeah, but she's pretty much retired from the competitive scene according to Frodan.

I think there is another, too, but she doesn't play competitive.

Hafu is retired according to Hafu, too. She unambiguously tells her viewers on-stream that she's retired from competitive HS any time someone asks.

Xanathus

There's also Karmaah at www.twitch.tv/karmaah but she doesn't join tournaments.

Also I decided to push for legend again this season thanks to a bunch of free wins with freeze mage vs zoo, then faced a bunch of warriors at ranks 1/Legend so I switched to Handlock and got through the rest of the way with that. Rank 1059.

Tacitus_

There's plenty of people I've never seen before in my life on twitch playing in these cups.

And there's the whole every time I watch they make the only female presenter/person there do interviews with the players which are super awkward every time, or generally given a task completely separate from the rest of the male casters.

At least they have a table now so they aren't super awkward their hands.

Rachel has been doing interviews for years now. I first saw her being a host (she is not a caster) in SC2.

Rachel has been doing interviews for years now. I first saw her being a host (she is not a caster) in SC2.

It's still a problem across almost(if not all) esports. Any females are either off screen, not invited to participate, or in a role noticeably different from the rest of the cast. This is all my opinion of course.

kiryani

Legendary spectator pack delivers yet again with a golden Malygos.

I've genuinely pulled Baron Geddon, Alexastra, The Black Knight and now golden Malygos. All from free spectator packs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom