• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is to realize is that if you ignore him for one turn, post-nerf Pagle becomes just as dangerous (if not slightly more) than pre-nerf Pagle. An opponent should not be responding to post-nerf Pagle any differently from pre-nerf Pagle, because once it is the opponent's turn, there is no sizable difference between the two. The nerf only affected Pagle's power the single turn in which he was played. Now that was a pretty sizable nerf, no doubt, but it didn't significantly alter his potential power once the game goes to the opponent's turn.

The way you respond to a pre-nerf pagle is also the way I described. Wasting valuable removal on something that is not a threat itself is not ideal and you can remove it essentially for free with a minion. This is how you played the game. Ignoring pagle til you could kill him off with a minion was and really is the way to play against it. While using removal might be useful in some cases, it is not the best way to deal with it. I'd surely take a 50/50 chance for him to get 0 value than giving him 100/100 chance to get value by exchanging with valuable removal. If I save that removal and play a minion instead, I can use that removal to protect the minion from the threat he plays and kill pagle while sacrificing only face damage.

Pagle was actually on its way out before the nerf as people learned how to play against it properly.

ViviOggi

Holy jeebus I need arena coaching/help - my last few runs have been, 2-3. 1-3, 4-3, 2-3, 2-3, 3-3, 4-3

I don't understand wtf is going wrong, I always seem to start off with a terrible deck and get out-cced.
If you're on EU I can spectate and give some advice, ViviOggi#2280

Haunted

Anyone playing on EU so I can get that spectator quest? My USELESS BUM FRIENDS apparently like playing Diablo III more.

*spits*

Haunted

The legendary spectator pack is real. Well, it was Nozdormu, but still!

Hektor

highfive05.gif

mxgt

Banned
10 win arena run and got Antonidas from one of the actual rewards. First time I've gotten a legendary that way.

also, next draft has 5 bombers. dis gon be good.

bunbun777

My satisfaction over seeing the pretty animations play out is more important than an (imo) insignificant competitive edge when playing, especially at my level. :D

Word. I've already said how much i love gold cards but seriously it heavily outweighs any possible advantage to my opponent. Especially having to wait for slow players, just zoom into a card and get lost, and it seems like they go faster too but that is probably just my imagination.

I've started running kezan mystic just because freeze mage pisses me off, with the added bonus against face hunter. nothing better than stealing ice block for surprise lethal.

KuroNeeko

Don't see many priests, but when I do, they are mech priests. hehe

Really?

I've been trying to come up with a Mech Priest ever since I saw that mech-booster priest unit in Arena. I just don't have the GvG cards. I think the 4/5 mech, the health boosting mech, and Shadowboxer, Piloted Shredder, Harvester would be awesome.

I really want to make a mech druid as well.

On a side note, does anyone think there might be a resurgence in Rogue / Shaman if Warlock starts taking off again? I've been playing with DI Skulkers in my sub-par Dragon Rogue deck and they're awesome against Implosion, Blade Furry and Fan of Knives as well.

Shaman seems like it could be OK with all that Spell Damage. If the Warlock draws too much, you can always threaten Lava Burst and Crackle to the face?

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
God Reynad has been trying to put the moves on a streaming girl for the last hour and i have no idea why i am watching it, it's like a car crash.

manhack

Really?

I've been trying to come up with a Mech Priest ever since I saw that mech-booster priest unit in Arena. I just don't have the GvG cards. I think the 4/5 mech, the health boosting mech, and Shadowboxer, Piloted Shredder, Harvester would be awesome.

I really want to make a mech druid as well.

Yeah there are 2 mech priests on the top of the Hearthpwn website and usually they match up exactly with what my opponents are playing.

Hi guys. New to Hearthstone and TCGs. I am 0-3 online and have no idea what i'm doing but i am really enjoying it thus far. Subbed.

Feel free to ask questions if you need to. Majority of regular posters in this thread are very helpful from my experience.

The OT has some good resources as well if you need them.

//ARCANUM

Guys. Need help. Please! I dominated all the way to 3 star rank 10 (highest I've gone) with these 2 decks and since then have gotten my ass handed to me and am now stuck at rank 13 and can't progress.

How should I evolve?

Thanks!

(I'm currently sitting on 575 dust)

Hunter deck is fine imo.

As for mage, it looks like you are trying to do Tempo and Mech mage at the same time. Dunno how that works for you but you aren't running enough to make either work. You have one Mad Scientist for 3 secrets, only one Blastmage, 1 cogmaster, 1 tinkertown, 1 spider tank, 1 clockwork gnome, mirror image and pyroblast dont really fit...

Drop Thermaplugg for Boom, Sylvanas, etc.

Haven't got Boom or Sylvanas unfortunately :(

Emperor Thaurissan then, or another Mad Scientist/Shredder/Blastmage. I don't think Thermaplugg is good, but I cannot say because I have literally never seen him, not even from Unstable Portal or Sneeds.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if he got popular one day, I can say that for most mediocre legendaries though

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Man, rewards in Arena sure do suck. Go 11-3 and all you get is a net positive of 50 gold and 120 dust to show for it.

Durden77

I posted this before but never got a respose. Just wanted to know is it smarter for a new player to save up gold for the arena? Or just use it to buy packs? Shit takes forever to get

Man, rewards in Arena sure do suck. Go 11-3 and all you get is a net positive of 50 gold and 120 dust to show for it.

Yup, it sucks.

I posted this before but never got a respose. Just wanted to know is it smarter for a new player to save up gold for the arena? Or just use it to buy packs? Shit takes forever to get

Save for Naxxramas. Most bang for your buck, you are guaranteed amazing cards that see tons of play. The first wing alone with Haunted Creeper and Webspinner is great.

Thought about Thermafugg, if he was 8 manga 6/8 like KT or Chromaggus he would probably be better

Taking a break from Warrior for a while. There's only so many Druids I can face while playing Warrior before I get pissed off.

Oil Rogue & Mill Rogue are some of my favorite decks right now and I'm trying to learn how to play Druid some more, since I rarely ever play Druid.

bjaelke

Funny watching Priest players plan elaborate combos with Wild Pyromancer only to have them kill off the Wild Pyromancer prematurely. Shadow Word: Pain on your own WP does not trigger the AoE afterwards - it just makes you look foolish.

Haunted

A druid just played Master of Disguise.
What the fuck is happening?
Are you sure? I'm trying to think how this would be possible and the only ways how a druid would end up with the card on his board I can think of would be the deathrattle from a Sky Golem, or stealing yours with MCTech or Sylvanas.

Don't think there's a way a druid would get one in his hand...

ViviOggi

Are you sure? I'm trying to think how this would be possible and the only ways how a druid would end up with the card on his board I can think of would be the deathrattle from a Sky Golem, or stealing yours with MCTech or Sylvanas.

Don't think there's a way a druid would get one in his hand...
Either do that and panda it or Nefarian into Esportal, it was almost certainly Sky Golem though

as far as the conversation to use gold cards or not i always use them where i can. I've been playing demon handlock for i dont know mainly the past 6 weeks or so and i crafted as many gold cards as i could for that deck (i had a few, dusted other gold cards, bought packs for the purpose of getting more dust). i have everything gold except the legendarys. they look pretty awesome i dont see why you wouldnt use gold cards when you can

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
LOL i mindgamed a Dragon warlock into tapping for an exact 22 HP lethal, god this Druid deck i am using is amazing. The game before that one i did FON + FON+ savage roar combo for the win, god i love druid.

Dahbomb

Need an extra Blastmage in there. Replace Soot Sewer and an Arcane Intellect with Mad Scientists. Probably want another Mirror Entity in there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom