• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Had an arena run where I had an Ironbark Protector in my deck. I lost two of my games because he got BGH'd. Feels bad man.

I got a Gazlowe, and is crazy fun, does anyone has any idea which class he would be better on?

Right now I made a Warlock deck with nice win/lose ratio so far
Big fan of Gazlowe myself, had a good run with him with a Priest deck. Not sure if that's something you'd like to play but it's one of the few classes I think can make him work best.

Also, while it maybe a horrible choice, killing people with two Mind Blasts is so damn satisfying.

Had an arena run where I had an Ironbark Protector in my deck. I lost two of my games because he got BGH'd. Feels bad man.

BGH has always been a good pick because most epics aren't.

Cool! Adjusting deck right now :D

EDIT: Nope, works with the adjusted cost.

Hmm, okay. I could have sword I remember reading on twitter it doesn't count the adjusted cost, but that could have been for sorceress apprentice.

Gotchaye

Flamestrike isn't a big deal when you don't need a board after turn 7.

hWTxEbB.jpg

Rest of the deck was Spectral Knight, Stampeding Kodo, Savannah Highmane, and Volcanic Drake.

This was a really interesting deck to play. The hardest games were all early on before other classes with really aggressive early games and no card draw or far too much healing and taunt get weeded out. Now I know what Constructed feels like.

clav

Nothing like someone repeatedly trying to cast a spell on a stealthed minion in arena

somehow I sense you're pretty new
The other is when someone playing Mage tries casting on non-targetable minions like Faerie Dragons.

Then you start mouthing the in game rules like, "I cannot target stealth minions" as the other player hovers a card over the arrowed minion.

Majine

Banned
Hahahaha in Kripp's new video about Mad/Madder Bomber there is literally a back to back clip where Kripp gets bullshit RNG and says "Fucking wrecked" then the next video his opponent gets bullshit RNG and he says "Fucking seriously"

This is why I like watching Trump. Very low levels of saltiness because of RNG.

johnsmith

remember me
Nothing like getting a golden common from a 12 win arena with a flamestrike-less mage. I swear to god you're better off retiring at 10 or 11 wins, you always get more gold.

Malalaw

First time posting here, but been playing hardcore for a month now. Managed to climb my way up the ranks to 16 tonight with my mage deck. Felt good.

B.Net is Malalaw#1209 Would love to play with fellow gaffers and get some pointers. Lol

Kornflayx

Just went 5-3 in Arena. Last opponent was a Mage who played this:

Turn 7: Dr. Boom
Turn 8: Sneed's Old Shredder
Turn 9: Ysera

Yeah, GG.

But I got a golden Dr. Boom in my pack. So everything's good

For anyone who wants to add me. EU Kornflayx#2993

Just went 5-3 in Arena. Last opponent was a Mage who played this:

Turn 7: Dr. Boom
Turn 8: Sneed's Old Shredder
Turn 9: Ysera

Yeah, GG.

But I got a golden Dr. Boom in my pack. So everything's good

For anyone who wants to add me. EU Kornflayx#2993

The best draft I ever got had Ysera and Ragnaros, but that's just ridiculous.

I played a Warrior tonight who dropped a shade and then let it grow despite having some reasonably good trades.

Any reason they would do that? I couldn't think of one and the game ended before anything happened.

Lumine

I played a Warrior tonight who dropped a shade and then let it grow despite having some reasonably good trades.

Any reason they would do that? I couldn't think of one and the game ended before anything happened.

Hard to say really. He might've been afraid of any simple removal you had in your hand. Or he might've tried to build some sort of OTK Warrior with Shade and maybe Faceless? Possibly with Inner Rage and Rampage? I'm not sure how it would work effectively though.

You'll get the opportunity eventually if you play enough.

And then watch a Priest thought steal both in the same game.

Hard to say really. He might've been afraid of any simple removal you had in your hand. Or he might've tried to build some sort of OTK Warrior with Shade and maybe Faceless? Possibly with Inner Rage and Rampage? I'm not sure how it would work effectively though.

Yeah dunno. I'm just going to assume they wanted to play around removal.

Haunted

Not sure what's happening on this viagame stream, also not sure if the hundreds of friend invites being spammed constantly are funny or just annoying.

Loomba

If I have Mal'Ganis can the hero power kill me if I have 1 hp or does the immune keep me alive? Just had it happen in a match and I was too afraid to try it haha

iirate

If I have Mal'Ganis can the hero power kill me if I have 1 hp or does the immune keep me alive? Just had it happen in a match and I was too afraid to try it haha

You won't ever take damage at all from life tap(or Hellfire, etc.) while immune.

Danj

Are there any decks around that'll let me quickly gain a couple of ranks before the end of the season? I thought "oh yeah now would be a great time to try and rank up" but I slipped down from 16 to 18 already. I have Naxx and BRM but assume that I have no dust, and also I don't have Dr. Boom.

Are there any decks around that'll let me quickly gain a couple of ranks before the end of the season? I thought "oh yeah now would be a great time to try and rank up" but I slipped down from 16 to 18 already. I have Naxx and BRM but assume that I have no dust, and also I don't have Dr. Boom.

Any decent deck should be capable of that. Even bad decks.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
So I've been getting back into this game again. I realized that the arena grind really burned me out and that going for a single pack every 2 days is enough of a positive feedback loop to keep me playing.

I now have about 1200 dust from duplicates. I don't own many of the essential commons or rares like the 2/1 Gnomes, SI Agent, Mechwarper, etc. I've been able to hit rank 13 off the back of mostly Naxx + BRM cards.

Should I craft a ton of commons/rares or just save up 1600 for a Dr. Boom? I think the commons/rares would be better overall, but I find myself often lacking in lategame power as my viable cardpool consists of KT and Nefarian. Boom is also nice because I can basically slot it into almost every deck, as opposed to a select few of the commons/rares I would craft. Thoughts?

Haunted

2458.png

That said, consider your request in earnest "is there a deck that doesn't need many expensive cards with which I can quickly climb ranks" and imagine how the meta would look like if such a deck were really to exist.

Anteo

lol face hunter

I had a face hunter use animal companion to get huffer, summon arcane golem for a total of 8 + 3 (from weapon) damage on board, to my 13 hp. He hit face once then he realized he didnt have enough mana for the hero power.

He died next turn

Danj

Yeah. That'd be great if I could find a Face Hunter deck I actually had all the cards for.

That said, consider your request in earnest "is there a deck that doesn't need many expensive cards with which I can quickly climb ranks" and imagine how the meta would look like if such a deck were really to exist.

Okay, but presumably everyone else should be also trying to gain a few ranks due to it being the last day of the season, and surely all the powerful people ought to be ranks above me? Why is this not the case? And I'm higher than rank 20 so I shouldn't be getting hit by the people who are just trying to stay the lowest rank, either.

Loomba

Is there any incentive to get past rank 20 if you aren't getting legend? Anything you get in between card back and legend?

Also where are you guys watching games of pros?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Not really, except for the sense of achievement.

Haunted

Yeah. That'd be great if I could find a Face Hunter deck I actually had all the cards for.

Okay, but presumably everyone else should be also trying to gain a few ranks due to it being the last day of the season, and surely all the powerful people ought to be ranks above me? Why is this not the case? And I'm higher than rank 20 so I shouldn't be getting hit by the people who are just trying to stay the lowest rank, either.
I think we're at a point in the game's life where even players at ranks 16 and up have managed to amass some legendaries in their collection and are playing them in their netdecks.

Also consider that the Rank 15 threshold is actually the entry into the top 25% of players.

ANT6SOZ1AZCQ1411061634681.png

Haunted

Also where are you guys watching games of pros?
twitch.tv usually has some pros streaming at any time of the day. ESL and Viagame hold tournaments regularly, archives can be found on the respective twitch streams as well as the accompanying YT channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom