• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahahaha in Kripp's new video about Mad/Madder Bomber there is literally a back to back clip where Kripp gets bullshit RNG and says "Fucking wrecked" then the next video his opponent gets bullshit RNG and he says "Fucking seriously"

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Hahahaha in Kripp's new video about Mad/Madder Bomber there is literally a back to back clip where Kripp gets bullshit RNG and says "Fucking wrecked" then the next video his opponent gets bullshit RNG and he says "Fucking seriously"

I think almost every streamer is an hypocrite when it comes to bullshit RNG, they don't point out when it benefits them but bitch like crazy when it happens to their opponent, Forsen does the exact thing i'm talking about all the time.

Alrus

Is Trump taking ranking so seriously that he decide to cut nearly all interaction with his chat? Was he getting sniped so much?

Edit: Doesn't even seem to help him that much.

CoolOff

The most "base" Priest these days is probably Lightbomb Priest? Take out the Lightbombs and replace them with your gimmick of choice (personally, Velen and Mind Blasts) and it's probably around as good as Lightbomb Priest.

YES. I've been having so much fun with a Velen-deck in the last week. X2 of Lightbomb, Deathlord, Velen's Chosen, Holy Smite, Mind Blast, and then get a lot of draw + Thaurissian in and it's amazing.

The worst RNG cards according to Reynad are 3 cards I actually agree with.

Knife juggler - I've despised this card for a long long time.

Animal companion - Huffer and face hunter wins

Implosion - The least despised of the 3 for me personally, but yeah.

Dahbomb

I would rate Boom Bots and Unstable Portal above Animal Companion. Rest is legit though.

Shredders are pretty bull shit as well.

iirate

I think almost every streamer is an hypocrite when it comes to bullshit RNG, they don't point out when it benefits them but bitch like crazy when it happens to their opponent, Forsen does the exact thing i'm talking about all the time.

StrifeCro doesn't play those games, and it's part of why he's my favorite streamer. Lifecoach is pretty good about this, too.

Hafu will simultaneously talk about how little luck is involved in HS and obsess over what does come down to luck since she's so good at arena at this point that poor luck is often the only thing that can beat her. She recognizes that the game is 80% skill and is so much closer to the skill cap than most players at her format that the remaining 20% feels like an obsession for her now.

mxgt

Banned
That feel when Bane of Doom brings out Mal'Ganis and your opponent kills your voidcaller next turn only to bring out the Mal'Ganis in your hand as well

Juggler/Implosion is the most RNG thing ever. It ranges from 4 Damage/2 Imps to 8 damage/4 Imps. That's a huge difference.

I think the suggestion that 4 damage gives 2 imps and 2 damage gives 4 imps is best. As it is rolling for 2 is terrible.

iirate

Is Crackle only missing because shaman isn't very good right now? It's definitely in my top 2(alongside Implosion).

Volimar

Is Trump taking ranking so seriously that he decide to cut nearly all interaction with his chat? Was he getting sniped so much?

Edit: Doesn't even seem to help him that much.

Trump turns me off a bit in that his chat is almost always subscriber only.

Is Crackle only missing because shaman isn't very good right now? It's definitely in my top 2(alongside Implosion).

Personally I think Crackle is a pretty garbage card. I don't even run it in my Shaman decks anymore, too unreliable. I'd pick Lighting Bolt over it more often than not unless I was running something like Malygos Shaman or another deck that needs Crackle for face damage.

Okay guys, need some advice. If you're playing a deck that has Abusive Sarge and you have it in your opening hand, do you play it as a 1 drop or not use it?

I've been playing it, seems to happen a lot.

I'll explain reynad's position on why animal companion, knife juggler, and implosion are the worst. Basically they can decide games too early and I guess too consistently. He was answering a question as to what cards he think could be potentially removed from competitive play based on being too RNG and he answered these 3 cards are the ones he would.

I mostly agree with that. Especially with knife juggler. I've despised that card based on it's ability to outright win games very much since the beginning.

I would rate Boom Bots and Unstable Portal above Animal Companion. Rest is legit though.

Shredders are pretty bull shit as well.

He actually thinks shredder is one of the better/best rng cards in the game. I don't think it is a bad rng card. It is fairly consistent although every once in a while it is exceptionally strong or exceptionally weak.

I wonder why Ragnaros isn't on the list.

Impacts too late, too weak. I am guessing a year ago it would have been high on the list, but now...

Hmm, maybe. I personally don't have a problem with crackle because it doesn't create a board presence like knife juggler or implosion does. Also the difference between 3 and 6 on crackle is much less than implosion's 2 and 4, even though there each has 4 possible outcomes.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Okay guys, need some advice. If you're playing a deck that has Abusive Sarge and you have it in your opening hand, do you play it as a 1 drop or not use it?

I've been playing it, seems to happen a lot.

If you're using it in a deck that trades (ie zoo), then generally not unless the opponent's deck is extremely aggresive.

If you're using it in a deck that goes for the face, then yes.

Dahbomb

If Reynad's criteria for which cards should be removed is based on a competitive stand point then Dr Balanced should be #1 on the list (as it causes massive swings in games at high level play). And the card comes into play in just about every match anyway which means it's definitely the biggest culprit at fucking up game balance at high level.

Problem with those other 3 cards is that it targets specific classes. Hunter would be significantly weaker without Animal Companion... it's a BASIC card for them.

Knife Juggler + Implosion are cards that basically belong in a single deck and removing them from competitive play would directly nerf Zoolock.

Implosion should never have been a 2-4 damage range card. Just make it a 3 damage card and be done with it. It's just needless RNG being introduced to a card

I was just down 29-5 with a 4/4 nerubian egg spawn and a 1/1 imp on board against a stealthed tiger and something else. Enhance o mechano gave the 4/4 whirlwind and I had 2 power overwhelmings and an abusive sergeant to make 14 attack to get exactly 29 dmg counting my imp. Outstanding.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
RNG is only good whenever it can be played around or requires some type of setup. You need to be able to modify the situation so that the RNG can work better in your favor, whether as the person playing the card or the person playing around it.

So, something like Sylvanas is fine. You can generally find ways to either setup the board so it works in your favor or as an opponent you can play around it. Even a card like Ragnaros allows for some RNG manipulation.

Boom Bots are double random so you can't predict what they'll do. You don't know what target they'll hit and you don't know how much damage they'll do. That makes playing around them nearly impossible.

Crackle will either roll the number you want or it won't. There's no setup. There's no playing around it. It's purely a luck roll of the dice. Same with Implosion.

Knife Juggler's damage makes it a powerful 2 drop but it doesn't have quite the swing capacity as cards like Crackle or Implosion (on its own). So it's fine imo.

Neptulon is great. Refills your hand with cards that have almost guaranteed synergy. Very good in the late game.

Siltfin is garbage as far as I'm aware. Seen some people try control/midrange type murloc decks as Shaman but it's more of a gimmicky/for fun deck than anything competitive.

I got Neptulon from a pack, is he any good? I've never seen anyone play him outside of Unstable Portal. Nor have i seen anyone play Siltfin Spiritwalker...

One of the best GVG legendaries outside of Dr. Balanced himself. Doesn't even need to be in a murlock deck. You often get Murlocs from him that have synergy together. I crafted a golden one. Too bad Shaman is garbage.

Dahbomb

Knife Juggler's damage makes it a powerful 2 drop but it doesn't have quite the swing capacity as cards like Crackle or Implosion (on its own). So it's fine imo.
I always think that on paper Knife Juggler shouldn't be doing that damage but man when that little shit is on a roll it just snowballs out of control so hard.

Knife Juggler becomes insane with UTH, Muster for Battle and Implosion though.

styl3s

As someone who hasn't played since the first wing of Naxx is there a good guide/builds out there to beat all of Nax/Blackrock with pre new expansion(s)? I have all the cards pre-raids and expansion(s).

Since they added a bunch of new stuff i wanna get back in but wanna go through these before i start buying packs.

Acinixys

Blizzard are seriously the worst at balancing

Black Knight is a 4/5 for 6 and destroys a taunt

Dr Balanced is a 7/7 for 7 and puts a potential extra 10 damage on the board in top of that

facepalm.gif

Dahbomb

Blizzard are seriously the worst at balancing

Black Knight is a 4/5 for 6 and destroys a taunt

Dr Balanced is a 7/7 for 7 and puts a potential extra 10 damage on the board in top of that

facepalm.gif
Black Knight is fine.

Dr Balanced is obviously very fair and balanced.

f0lken

I got a Gazlowe, and is crazy fun, does anyone has any idea which class he would be better on?

Right now I made a Warlock deck with nice win/lose ratio so far

I got a Gazlowe, and is crazy fun, does anyone has any idea which class he would be better on?

Right now I made a Warlock deck with nice win/lose ratio so far

I played with it some in paladin. Divine shield, spare parts, etc..

TBH it is maybe a bit better now with emperor thaurissan cause you will have a way to actually play all the mechs you get.

f0lken

I played with it some in paladin. Divine shield, spare parts, etc..

TBH it is maybe a bit better now with emperor thaurissan cause you will have a way to actually play all the mechs you get.

I thought about it, but decided not to because it would reduce the spare parts cost to 0, but I can always generate more and play them on the same turn I guess, I'll give it a try

Levi

Banned
Drafted the best Paladin deck I've ever had, even though it didn't have any truesilvers and only one consecration. It was so good. Lost via disconnect.

Drafted an okay midrange mage with zero fireballs and zero flamestrikes. Man you really notice how much people play into flamestrike when you don't have one. The warlock who knocked me out at 5 wins emptied his hand on turn 6, and there was a whole board of under 4 health creatures that would have been wiped away with flamestrike. Alas, I don't get to draft that particular card anymore, yet every mage I am queued up against has like 3.

I really hope they add Therazane as a legendary and elemental as a race because I'm now sitting on Rag, Al Akir and Neptulon and I really wanna go Avatar on people's ass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom