• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
lol you think thats bad?

A single hero and a skin in HotS is 25 euros

Blizzard know how to suck money out of people

The most expensive heroes in HoTS are 10 dollars. That's a fully voiced and animated 3D model complete with particle effects for a number of spells.

That being said. No one should ever spend real money on anything in a MOBA at full price. They all go on sale for 50% off eventually. Hopefully these alt heroes will also have 50% sales

Levi

Banned
Since these are just skins and have no affect on the game at all, who cares? These are the kinds of things I want them to hide behind a paywall. If selling skins funds more development on the core game's functionality, sell everything. Sell a 1,000$ Ben Brode replacement hero where every emote is his laugh, idgaf.

ViviOggi

If selling skins funds more development on the core game's functionality, sell everything.
That's a big fucking if

I'll have a big juicy crow ready in case we get any meaningful qol features besides MAYBE deck slots this year

Card expansions make their own money anyway

5Tfr5M0.jpg

my second sea giant and my first BGH card
woooo!

Xanathus

How nice to see they can afford to make cosmetic portraits for sale but can't be bothered to fix their servers. NA server is fucked and I've DC'd during or at the end of every game, and lost one because of it.

CoolOff

More deckslots are too confusing for new players, but multiple heroes for the same class isn't.

Also, there isn't enough lols for the price.

More deckslots are too confusing for new players, but multiple heroes for the same class isn't.

Also, there isn't enough lols for the price.

Me so stupid me not handle more deck slots.

4,99 would be one thing but 9,99 for what is an animated portrait is hilarious. They would have to make a portrait of a Warcraft character i really really really really love for me to bite at this price.

clav

Me so stupid me not handle more deck slots.

4,99 would be one thing but 9,99 for what is an animated portrait is hilarious. They would have to make a portrait of a Warcraft character i really really really really love for me to bite at this price.

So is the portrait Hearthstone's horse armor?

Levi

Banned
That's a big fucking if

I'll have a big juicy crow ready in case we get any meaningful qol features besides MAYBE deck slots this year

Card expansions make their own money anyway

I'm surprised they haven't started soaking us with cosmetic stuff earlier, tbh. How much are mounts and pets in WOW? Again, this is easily ignored and doesn't bother me at all. Just a different looking portrait to squelch from now on.

Interfectum

I think Blizzard is missing the mark on both these heroes skins and HotS skins. They are priced way to high to entice me into an impulse buy.

Dude spams "Sorry about that" ALL game, literally every turn, until he is top decking and I get the upper hand. I win a few turns later and say "Well Played' and "I am sorry", the only emotes I've used all game. He adds me after and tells me to stop being a jerk.

Dude was so salty he forgot what words mean, haha.

Magnus

I think Blizzard is missing the mark on both these heroes skins and HotS skins. They are priced way to high to entice me into an impulse buy.

Agreed, I'd be in danger impulse-buy territory at $5. I could see myself buying 3 or more of the things at that price. At $10, I'm really on the fence and weighing whether I want even one (it would have to be a character I adore, or something ultra cool like Jaraxxus was).

Like, if they bring in Archimonde as an alternate Warlock....man, I'd have to think about that. lol. Even though Warlock is one of my least played classes.

Who are the viable priests left, assuming they don't use Velen/existing cards?

Kael'thas is likely the next mage, yeah? I mean, the voice samples would be classic. Fuck. I'd probably buy that. Damn it.

I really want to see them add more core features to the game first (as most have said), including more deck slots, and actual new heroes. Give us Death Knights and Monks, or something new altogether!

Having new hero powers on existing classes would have been an awesome spin on things, too.

V-Faction

Magni.. not Varian Wrynn and his Two Swords, King of Stormwind, Father of Anduin Wrynn? Maaaaaan...

A good, recently introduced Horde Paladin is Sunwalker Dezco, the Tauren. Be cool to have a Tauren, but I'm good with Lady Liadrin, too.

If we're good on double-dipping among factions, Rogue has to be either Mathias Shaw, leader of SI: 7, or Garona Halforcen.

A good question is how 'recent' they need to pull. How far back is the character allowed to come from? Gul'dan was back for the Draenor expansion, but he's long been dead. And seeing as how Magni Bronzebeard is a goddamn statue under IronForge, I'm guessing all bets are off.

If so, then I can definitely see Kael'thas for Mage. They just had him for Heroes of the Storm. I bet they pulled some dialogue for HS. That or Khadgar as Alliance.

Hunter - Nathanos Blightcaller would be an awesome pull. Plus, Forsaken! (by the way, I don't think they're going to select any existing cards as Heroes) Sylvannas, Alleria, and Vereesa Windrunner all feel more like 'rangers' to me anyway.

Y'know, I can't see Medivh as the Warlock. In the past, they've solidified him as more of a Mage. Maybe a recent pull, Kanrethed Ebonlocke, who is the Warlock you defeat for the green fire quest, as a choice. But the greatest pull would be the Gnome Warlock, Wilfred Fizzlebang, the guy who summons Jaraxxus. Wouldn't that be a neat twist?

Druid will probably be Hamuul Runetotem.

The Shaman counterpart should be Farseer Nobundo. He's the draenei Shaman main guy and could play a nice counterpart to Thrall.

Like I said, I don't think they'll pull from existing cards, so Velen, Vol'jin, those guys are out for Priest. I don't think they'll double down on the same race, so no human guys either. Tyrande is a weird mix of huntress and priestess, but she could work.

I hope the druid alt is Zen'kiki

I hope they choose this Druid.

Durden77

Man....I ran the arena last night 2 times and did horrible. Only 1 win on each run. My gollldd....should've saved it for the Dragon solo adventure now it's going to take so much longer....at least I unlocked the first wing.

clav

Man....I ran the arena last night 2 times and did horrible. Only 1 win on each run. My gollldd....should've saved it for the Dragon solo adventure now it's going to take so much longer....at least I unlocked the first wing.

What did you draft?

FeD.nL

I had hope that they would go all out but this is just a cash grab, nothing more. Should have at least changed some of the warrior cards to fit the hero, ah well will pass on this one.

Durden77

What did you draft?

First run was Warlock, second was Priest, two classes I've been putting time into latley. I don't remember everything I drafted, (is there a way to check?) but obviously not what I should've.

I think the I made the mistake of trying to play too much like my normal playstyle with those classes and picking too many cards I'm used to. I kept ending up with stuff like a hand with 2 Temple Enforcers and no one to buff. At least it taught me that having two Temple Enforcers in my standard deck is probably not the best idea.

I did much better when I tried the arena for the first time about a week ago with Hunter. Maybe because I wasn't thinking about stuff so much.

Edit: Actually board interaction could be a neat feature for an expansion. Maybe they could do something like creep/etc, where creatures or spells can change the board terrain / set it on fire / poison it / etc, and it can be a persistent effect that lasts until negated by another creature or spell.
I think this would be awesome. It would make everything feel more full/interactive. I wouldn't think it'd be that difficult either since all boards are the same shape.

Baron Gedden is a perfect example. After his first effect, there could be little fires and smoke that emit from the board until he's cleared.

Durden77

The only cosmetic item I would buy for $9.99 would be if I could have a character insult and/or punch the Innkeeper whenever he talked.

Like if I could hear "Boys! Luke hew i-AHOOMPH!!" *cough cough* everytime I'd buy that instantly.

You guys complain about the pricing but once streamers start using it, you know you're gonna want one.
bts_lina.gif

We got people dropping hundreds of dollars on virtual cards in a single go, after all.
huh.gif

edit:
Also if you think about it, the 10 dollar price tag makes it more "exclusive" in a way, further increasing your desire to get one. We all know it's complain about the price while pulling out the virtual wallet :)

Tubie

I'll probably buy the Priest and Hunter ones if I like the heroes they pick for them.

No way I'll buy them all at $10. That's just too much.

You guys complain about the pricing but once streamers start using it, you know you're gonna want one.
bts_lina.gif

We got people dropping hundreds of dollars on virtual cards in a single go, after all.
huh.gif

edit:
Also if you think about it, the 10 dollar price tag makes it more "exclusive" in a way, further increasing your desire to get one. We all know it's complain about the price while pulling out the virtual wallet :)

I hate u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom