• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

daemissary

Seems like a mistake to have them automatically golden if you already have 500 wins with the class. I'd rather have more goals to strive towards.

Minsc

Gold Member
Blizzard put an article up as well.

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/19508175/heroes-emerge-new-hearthstone-heroes-are-coming-6-4-2015

New heroes are $9.99. They come with a special card back.

Looks like more than just a card back:

Aside from the vibrant new Hero portrait artwork, these new Heroes also come with unique Hero power animations. Magni’s version of the Warrior’s “Armor Up!” Hero Power is sure to reinforce the fact that his majesty is not to be trifled with!

NewHeroes_Magni_HS_Emote_353x321.png

New Heroes also come with unique emotes and voices that convey their individual personalities, a play area featuring a custom visual theme, and nifty “entering the game” animations so you can greet (or intimidate) your next opponent in style.

A new board I guess (I suppose that would be added to the random pool, or forced upon both players when someone uses that hero? Not sure... and if so, what if both players have a different premium hero?) And do the current Heroes have entering game animations? I don't think so, I wonder what that means.

Edit: Actually board interaction could be a neat feature for an expansion. Maybe they could do something like creep/etc, where creatures or spells can change the board terrain / set it on fire / poison it / etc, and it can be a persistent effect that lasts until negated by another creature or spell.

ViviOggi

of course that's the price for one hero lmao

Seems like a mistake to have them automatically golden if you already have 500 wins with the class. I'd rather have more goals to strive towards.
you want to pay 10 bucks for another grind meter? don't give them ideas pls

Kenaras

I don't mind cash-only additions, as long as they're purely cosmetic. $9.99 is absurd though, so these won't be for me. So far the Solo Adventures have been the only part of Hearthstone that felt worth the cash price.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I wonder if they'll do sales on these.

Doing sales on the expansions and cards doesn't really make sense since they want to establish a static value (and avoid people waiting for sales to buy cards), but vanity items feel more flexible.

Dahbomb

Browsing Zeriyah's Twitter.

They're $10 each, of course.
Can only be bought with real money.
Won't be a bundle price for all heroes.
Damn did they not make enough money off of BRM or something?

These prices are god damn outrageous. Definitely tailored towards the whale population of Hearthstone.

Lumine

Oh wow, of all the features this game could use... they've decided on different portraits and you can only get them for $10 each? And releasing them 1 at a time?

Meh, count me out this time.

They're really gonna milk this for all its worth before giving us anything substantial are they?

Where are our goddamn deck slots Blizzard!

Oh wow, of all the features this game could use... they've decided on different portraits and you can only get them for $10 each? And releasing them 1 at a time?

Meh, count me out this time.

They're really gonna milk this for all its worth before giving us anything substantial are they?

Where are our goddamn deck slots Blizzard!

I'm sure they are working on it and will sell them to you one slot at a time for $10...

Lumine

They released a new adventure a month or two ago. Your comment is ridiculous.

"ridiculous"? So you opted to overreact on my overreaction? Lovely. Besides, I bought Naxx and BRM and find them both very pricey for the amount of content you get from them. At least it's actual content though.
I was actually referring, however, that they still haven't decided to add any actual new features
or even deck slots
since the game's release.

I'm sure they are working on it and will sell them to you one slot at a time for $10...

Haha yeah I wouldn't be surprised at this point.

daemissary

Yeesh, I thought it was gonna be 9.99 for the bundle...that much per hero is rough. I haven't spent a dime on the game and I would totally buy the heroes at a reasonable price just to show my appreciation for 100s of hours of fun but $90 for all of them is unreasonable.

I wish they'd do some overhaul on the clients first before they started to monetize with cosmetics. It's embarrassing how barebones the client is right now.

Minsc

Gold Member
I wish they'd do some overhaul on the clients first before they started to monetize with cosmetics. It's embarrassing how barebones the client is right now.

Maybe they need money to pay for new content / client overhauls... probably not. Likely they just simply don't care, and have no competition to force their hand.

Pooya

we're getting closer to a new class right?!!

--------

I guess I can smash new faces, whatever. I don't spend money on skins...

Danj

Today's pack:

dCRtUWA.jpg

Meh.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Maybe they need money to pay for new content / client overhauls... probably not. Likely they just simply don't care, and have no competition to force their hand.

Im 100% sure they care, just that it's a Blizzard team so it takes them a bunch of time to go through 1000 iterations before deciding on something.
Based Blizzard.

Hearthstone is an amazing game and they know it so my guess here is that they dont want to rush anything.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Those skins are fueling a gambling market. There is less of a market for non-tradable non-betting fodder skins.

Yeah. Skins in CS are semi-liquid assets. These hero portraits are just status symbols.

Pooya

just thinking about it, for a new class they have to make more cards than they introduce in an adventure, and they have to give it all for free. I'm not sure if we ever get one now.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I was super excited for a moment, i misread the reddit thread on this and thought he had a new hero power, clicked the gif and got really excited when the hammer came down.

Now im just sad

Phreaker

I'll buy the one for my favorite hero that I play the shit out of, other than that going beyond that is ridiculous for me.

That's my feeling as well. I want them all, but not for $100.00. I'll get Priest, maybe Mage and/or Druid. I guess I have to see them first.

Opiate

This is not my proudest moment but if the Priest skin is Tyrande...

Goddamnit.

I suspect that the alternate will be from the opposite faction of the standard, whatever that is for each class.

Priest is already alliance, so I expect a Horde alternate.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I suspect that the alternate will be from the opposite faction of the standard, whatever that is for each class.

Priest is already alliance, so I expect a Horde alternate.

The only notable Horde priest is already a card!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom